Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A direct look at paid family email hosting. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A direct look at paid family email hosting.

Comments

• @Arkas said:
    RackNerd also uses MailChannels

...and works really good.

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited February 2022

@Astro said:
    What about mailbox.org?

mailbox_org is flokinet in emailbuisness - means not recommended.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Binaryzero said: cares for their service and IPs

I really do but I like to stress that it isn't for me. All I ever wanted was for when my customers sat down to send an email, or when their applications initiated an important email to their customers/users, that the company on the receiving end would say "If I'm getting an email from them, it must be important, these guys don't mess around." I want my customers to be given the red carpet treatment everywhere and to be regarded as valuable and reputable, and I'll be damned if anyone threatens my customers.

• @jar said:

I really do but I like to stress that it isn't for me. All I ever wanted was for when my customers sat down to send an email, or when their applications initiated an important email to their customers/users, that the company on the receiving end would say "If I'm getting an email from them, it must be important, these guys don't mess around." I want my customers to be given the red carpet treatment everywhere and to be regarded as valuable and reputable, and I'll be damned if anyone threatens my customers.

premium

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar ❤️

Thanked by 1jar
  • @hyperblast said:

@Astro said:
    What about mailbox.org?

mailbox_org is flokinet in emailbuisness - means not recommended.

What?

• BinaryzeroBinaryzero Member
    edited February 2022

@hyperblast said:

@Arkas said:
    RackNerd also uses MailChannels

...and works really good.

On their shared hosting servers or some other offering? I don't see it listed directly so I will keep digging.
    Amendment: I found their blog post, I was looking at things the hard way. Shockingly if you do things right they work :D

• @jar said:

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I have to say I respect your attitude!

Thanked by 1jar
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    • PolarisMail - cheap and it was decent a decade ago when I signed up
    • iCloud - not the worst option, and also cheap. Probably not so attractive if you are not on iOS/Mac
  • @Binaryzero said:
    MXroute (Forerunner, cares for their service and IPs so low to no blacklists and best cost per user )

At certain holidays, MZroute offers discounts that are extremely competitive. Tech support is at your fingertips as @Jar never sleeps.

A few months age we discovered that some of the MXroute Black Friday specials were still loaded and available so I grabbed one. Ask @Jar about that.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Binaryzero said:

Why not just get the MS Outlook family plan?

because at its core it is a violation of their TOS, and my Office365 is EPP from my work. So the two are linked to at the some level.

No, it's not. And besides, you'd use your Microsoft work account for work and your Microsoft personal account for the annual family plan. Two different products, two different accounts.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited February 2022

I'd recommend MXRoute!

If you want to self-host for whatever reason, Mailcow is great. Just use an outbound SMTP relay service like SMTP2Go, MyW lifetime account (shared hosting but it uses Mailchannels so works well for email relaying too), MXRoute, etc. as then you won't have to worry about keeping the IP clean or about hacked servers with the same provider that send spam and end up getting the entire subnet blocked.

I've got an MXRoute account and also self-host some email addresses to use features MXRoute doesn't support (like much faster searches via Solr, and more flexibility around spam blocking and quarantining). Even for my self-hosted accounts I still use MXRoute for outbound sending because their outbound relays are really good.

• mxroute would be a great recommendation

Pretty sure @MikePT https://myw.pt for shared hosting uses mailbaby not mailchannels -at least my accounts are

He is recommended also

• I recommend migadu as it is cheaper, only $19 the smallest plan, 5 GB storage pool. Perfect for family email if only receive or send text mail.

• Hi. I host my own email on a Linode VPS. Linode has a bad reputation with one blacklist service, but that seems to be enough to get my mail blocked by Gmail, apple, Microsoft, etc. I didn't want to go through the faff of setting up a new server so I went looking for a relay service. I settled on Mailgun. Simple to set up and it hasn't cost me a penny. I started on the "flex trial" and now I think my usage is well below their paid tier.
    Good luck!

• @lowendbot1 said: I started on the "flex trial" and now I think my usage is well below their paid tier.

Per their site, this is for 3 months only and then you have to pay $35/mo. so don't be surprised by the bill.

What about Amazon WorkMail?

$4/user/mo.

https://aws.amazon.com/workmail/pricing/

• @Nyr said:

• PolarisMail - cheap and it was decent a decade ago when I signed up

• iCloud - not the worst option, and also cheap. Probably not so attractive if you are not on iOS/Mac

I am not opposed to it, I use it for "my" domain but I dislike haveing to use icloud and filters > @TimboJones said:

@Binaryzero said:

Why not just get the MS Outlook family plan?

because at its core it is a violation of their TOS, and my Office365 is EPP from my work. So the two are linked to at the some level.

No, it's not. And besides, you'd use your Microsoft work account for work and your Microsoft personal account for the annual family plan. Two different products, two different accounts.

I am not going to debate violation or not I am just going by what I was told by an internal contact at MS, but yes my work is tied to my EPP, I have to buy it under my work address and the key is sent to my work address then I can use it on my personal account.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

Mxroute through a reseller
    Also @rajat uses mailbaby in his DA plans and they’re probably the cheapest shared with that feature

• I'm shocked nobody here mentioned Lunanode.

Email isn't their main offering, but is really cheap ($0.2/GB storage + $0.1/1K emails sent), and is pretty decent too.

The only downside is that they have a single outbound IP, but I personally never had any problems with it.

https://www.lunanode.com/features/email

Thanked by 3jcarlo9 Nyr idleparty
  • 30USD per year. Would you consider it?
    There are SMTP and API

• Thank you, everyone, for all the great suggestions, I personally have made my choice. You are a great community and I thank you all for the suggestions and Ideas.

• @Binaryzero said:
    Thank you, everyone, for all the great suggestions, I personally have made my choice. You are a great community and I thank you all for the suggestions and Ideas.

Which one did you choose?

Thanked by 3cmeerw PandoGulf kendid
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited February 2022

@Binaryzero said:
    I am not going to debate violation or not I am just going by what I was told by an internal contact at MS, but yes my work is tied to my EPP, I have to buy it under my work address and the key is sent to my work address then I can use it on my personal account.

No, I'm saying you BUY a family subscription, nothing to do with reusing work license.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@Binaryzero said:
    Thank you, everyone, for all the great suggestions, I personally have made my choice. You are a great community and I thank you all for the suggestions and Ideas.

so, which one ?

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

iCloud if you are already paying for it

• inbox.eu is pretty cheap with huge space (100GB)

• @acidpuke said:
    Pretty sure @MikePT https://myw.pt for shared hosting uses mailbaby

Yes, I have also observed that, but I remember it used to be Mailchannels.
    An importan caveat: there's an outgoing daily limits of 100 messages for each DirectAdmin account. I use it for its convenience and readiness for very low-volume domains, but must say that the webmail interface (Roundcube) can be excruciatingly slow.

@frakass said:
    inbox.eu is pretty cheap

Are unlimited domains included at no extra cost?

• @simlev said:

@acidpuke said:
    Pretty sure @MikePT https://myw.pt for shared hosting uses mailbaby

Yes, I have also observed that, but I remember it used to be Mailchannels.
    I use it for its convenience and readiness for very low-volume domains, but must say that the webmail interface (Roundcube) can be excruciatingly slow.

You can install other Webmail software like Rainloop or even Webmail Lite too.

• @Fritz said:
    You can install other Webmail software like Rainloop or even Webmail Lite too.

You mean via Softaculous, right. I was not blaming Roundcube itself but the server, or how it's configured, since I haven't experienced any sluggishness with Roundcube elsewhere.
    I mean, it's still an exceptional value for the (one-off) price, but you need to be aware of what it is: a single server, that does email without being focused on it specifically.