Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

fiberia.io dropping IPv4 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

fiberia.io dropping IPv4

Comments

• @plumberg said:

@cybertech said:
    they are trying to become a failed copy of @sthosting with miserable single epyc vCPUs, and just not too long ago they were serving half of an intel HWT as a vCPU.

am i missing something here about sthosting?

they have some good stuff at much better prices

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/175817/st-hosting-ipv6-only-lxc-servers-and-server-management-offers-stating-at-0-99/p1

• @plumberg said:

@cybertech said:
    they are trying to become a failed copy of @sthosting with miserable single epyc vCPUs, and just not too long ago they were serving half of an intel HWT as a vCPU.

No, just ambiguous wording on @cybertech's part. What they meant was while on the surface @ViridWeb wants to become a brand similar to @sthosting, the resources that ViridWeb provides are quite poor and overpriced.

• @cybertech said:

@plumberg said:

@cybertech said:

they have some good stuff at much better prices

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/175817/st-hosting-ipv6-only-lxc-servers-and-server-management-offers-stating-at-0-99/p1

ahh - i think i misread your earlier comment... yeh sthosting have a decent offering with a better bang for buck!

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

sthosting is good, i would recommend them for good performance. honestly the only draw that fiberia had was the easy custom iso, but there are numerous superior hosts

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

I wonder how many actually went with Fiberia, given they are in a somewhat popular DC in The Netherlands...

If any, to my neighbours in Dronten: refuge offers, here we come! To those hurt: if you are in immediate need of the resources in the same DC with IPv4, please DM and I'll match your current contract for you (given reasonable) :-)

• @amj said: ViridWeb offered a lifetime shared hosting in Jan 2021 then they shutted down it in Aug 2021.
    Their lifetime is 7 months so the news is not surprisable, I guess

however, they gave advance notice and did pay back the full amount for the lifetime deal.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2022

Too early to drop IPv4.

But badass move. Especially with existing customers. I would fear me and my Business to be fucked soon doing so.

New customers and/or smallest VPS plans new orders on V6 only okay. Or maybe discount if customer orders v6 only. But dropping? .....Not now.

If you can't afford the price increase on leased subnets (which seems to be the case, given the drop is very soon, probably no owned space) then you have other things to worry. Generally...

• sthostingsthosting Member, Patron Provider

Thank you all for the recommendations :) - It's good to hear about your feedback :)

@bruh21 said: honestly the only draw that fiberia had was the easy custom iso

You've the option on our KVM servers to write a support case if you would like to have an ISO. Our Support Team will add it to the datastore in seconds :)

@cybertech Feel free to contact us if you need anything :) We're also able to make you custom offers which aren't on our website :)

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • Fiberia.io is deadpool, they remove my account.

Thanked by 2mssadewa pan_ia0_net
  • @hary said:
    Fiberia.io is deadpool, they remove my account.

Pretty sure thats because ur a fuggin nerd

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @ask_seek_knock said: since many sites are not fully IPv6 compatible.

the thing much worst, not only sites. There are in my own experience of software that i'm using for professional needs, and so on, and which widely avaiable for everyone -> 90%+ of them does not support ipv6, even if they declare they do. Tested multiple times.

What to say, even default images from home routers (wifi) even if declare that they support ipv6, usually does not. And they have the feature only for extra checkbox for marketing purposes only.

The sad story -> everyone, a lot of big bosses, well educated people, and so on screaming about ipv4 problem since maybe from my memory 2009 for sure...

Today is Feb 2022, still no changes.

I even called my ISP around a half year ago.

Bro, you said you offer ipv6, is not it? Yea, we did, we doing, it's ok.
    Okay... But here is <x,y,z>... Than after several days: "we're sorry to say that, but our equipment does not support fully ipv6 protocol, eat what we offer you to eat".

Also, ipv6 problem in spaces... Instead of doing things in human readable way, ipv6 - piece of garbage and hell. I understand the logic of octets, of what is ip, why there is 2bils ips, etc. But why not to build over this shit some kind of extra layer of network with saving current situation, but adding extra five or even six octets as prefix?

i.e.:

everything stay the same.
    But there will be:

instead of

"Failed to connect to 2607:f188::dead:beef:cafe:fed1: Network is unreachable"

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

If I were a customer, I would not perhaps be able to control my emotional response towards this decision, particularly because my ISP doesn't support ipv6 so I guess I would have to use some tunnel or proxying to get to my server. That would also mean people in my country wouldn't have easy access if I had a public website.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Oh I just realized they are in Europe. It seems that IPs do tend to be around 3 eur retail on that side so maybe it is a bit more expensive. An option to purchase an ipv4 is probably what they are looking for?

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @risharde said:
    Oh I just realized they are in Europe. It seems that IPs do tend to be around 3 eur retail on that side so maybe it is a bit more expensive. An option to purchase an ipv4 is probably what they are looking for?

they should probably seek advice from @FlorinMarian then

Thanked by 2risharde pan_ia0_net
  • Shoulda went to IPv4+.
    /thread

nerds

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @CheepCluck said:
    Shoulda went to IPv4+.
    /thread

nerds

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2022

Just go with NAT. 65k ports per IP. You can probably put all VMs on the single IP your datacenter gave you

NAT is nice.
    NAT is a feature like VPN
    NAT is private

Go with NAT, you need a VPN, I mean NAT today!

Protect your VPS with NAT

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • The main problem here is the short notice period

If they had given (say) at least three months' notice, it would be less of an issue, but 4/5 days' notice is simply way too short (and hints at a serious problem in the background)

• @cybertech said:

@CheepCluck said:
    Shoulda went to IPv4+.
    /thread

nerds

if i could only squeese the calcium chorlide outta ur nerd organs.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @ezeth said:
    Just go with NAT. 65k ports per IP. You can probably put all VMs on the single IP your datacenter gave you

NAT is nice.
    NAT is private

lol nerd

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited February 2022

@CheepCluck said:

@cybertech said:

@CheepCluck said:
    Shoulda went to IPv4+.
    /thread

nerds

very sure u cunt. especially if ur forearms only good for that typing n fapping.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @cybertech said:

@CheepCluck said:

@cybertech said:

@CheepCluck said:
    Shoulda went to IPv4+.
    /thread

nerds

very sure u cunt. especially if ur forearms only good for that typing n fapping.

Have you never woken up and said you wern't gunna be such a nerd again?

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited February 2022

@ezeth said:

NAT is nice.
    NAT is private

ISPs are already doing that so yeah IPv6 aint getting any closer to glory.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @angstrom said:
    The main problem here is the short notice period

If they had given (say) at least three months' notice, it would be less of an issue, but 4/5 days' notice is simply way too short (and hints at a serious problem in the background)

Maybe their DC decided to start charging too much money for their IPv4 addresses?
    Or decided to increase their price too much when it came time to renew their lease.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @cybertech said:

@ezeth said:

NAT is nice.
    NAT is private

shut ur mouth nerd

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @CheepCluck said:

@cybertech said:

@ezeth said:

NAT is nice.
    NAT is private

shut ur mouth nerd

stop bothering me, its just noise and really u should get some help with whatever ur dealing with.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2022

@cybertech said:

@ezeth said:

NAT is nice.
    NAT is private

I wonder if after that NAT-NAT will be possible.

If everyone did NAT, and we allowed /26 or smaller announcement we wouldn't need IPv6.

Give everyone 20 ports and you've got 3000x more usable IPs

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @cybertech said:

@CheepCluck said:

@cybertech said:

@ezeth said:

NAT is nice.
    NAT is private

shut ur mouth nerd

stop bothering me, its just noise and really u should get some help with whatever ur dealing with.

LOL WHAT A NERD

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @airmass1 said:

@angstrom said:
    The main problem here is the short notice period

Maybe their DC decided to start charging too much money for their IPv4 addresses?
    Or decided to increase their price too much when it came time to renew their lease.

Not impossible, but if this were the case, then the DC would/should have let them know in advance. 4/5 days -- it just seems implausible to me.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • lonealonea Member, Host Rep

More like a dumbass move

@HostSlick said: But badass move