Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a stable vps provider for my website - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a stable vps provider for my website

Comments

• Thanked by 2NDTN suyadi92
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited January 2022

@suyadi92 said:

@deank said:
    "Payment gateway" and "I am a noob" should never be in the same line unless you are really willing to go down in literal flames later.

Go, shoo, go away.

Sure i can code a payment gateway but in a devops field i'm a noob. May i ask you to give me some ref. to read? Or maybe some advice? Thanks

If your website processes credit card information, you must comply with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
    Non-compliance would cause you to lose the merchant account.

Read these documents carefully:

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • @iqbal said:
    AWS Jakarta will be open very soon, meanwhile, you can use AWS Singapore.

It's already available since last month.
    I've even joined their launch event, AWS Cloud Day Indonesia on 16 December 2021.

I just hope that they will also add the region to the Lightsail offering.

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

We have 50% off recurring Ryzen KVM VPS, which is available in Singapore that might fit the OP's needs: https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/ryzen-kvm-vps

• afnafn Member
    edited January 2022

+10 for @yoursunny and @deank
    The world is already on fire. The planet does not need another non-complying to standards insecure, easy to hack payment solution operated by a complete noob who might end up going to jail (see the 2 points above).

You're not ready yet to offer this service. Don't give up on it, just learn enough and start it when you are ready, but not now.

Sorry for being harsh. But truth is sometimes harsh... Unless you are Uber and you have millions of $ for lawyers to fight back when you screw up our credit cards data, you are taking a big risk, bigger than you.

TBH, if I use your payment solution, and my data get hacked (side channel attack) because of noobness and running on VPS, I will make sure to destroy your reputation to the extent that no one will ever want to do business with you. (I do tolerate honest mistakes ofc!)

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited January 2022

@suyadi92 said:

@yokowasis said:
    Go serverless

Please elaborate more on this

Serverless means you don't pay for server. But for resources used. This will scale indefinitely.

Meaning you don't have to be afraid your server will go down because too much user or heavy traffic.

Most popular choice is NodeJS / Firebase, instead of php / mysql (like in shared hosting)

Thanked by 2suyadi92 FoxInFlame
  • WalkenWalken Member
    edited January 2022

shockhosting.net, hetzner.com

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • @yoursunny said:
    If your website processes credit card information, you must comply with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
    Non-compliance would cause you to lose the merchant account.

Read these documents carefully:

Thank you!

• @yokowasis said:
    Meaning you don't have to be afraid your server will go down because too much user or heavy traffic.

Most popular choice is NodeJS / Firebase, instead of php / mysql (like in shared hosting)

Oh, i see. I already use this kind of service back then :) thanks

• @afn said:
    +10 for @yoursunny and @deank
    The world is already on fire. The planet does not need another non-complying to standards insecure, easy to hack payment solution operated by a complete noob who might end up going to jail (see the 2 points above).

You're not ready yet to offer this service. Don't give up on it, just learn enough and start it when you are ready, but not now.

Sorry for being harsh. But truth is sometimes harsh... Unless you are Uber and you have millions of $ for lawyers to fight back when you screw up our credit cards data, you are taking a big risk, bigger than you.

TBH, if I use your payment solution, and my data get hacked (side channel attack) because of noobness and running on VPS, I will make sure to destroy your reputation to the extent that no one will ever want to do business with you. (I do tolerate honest mistakes ofc!)

No, you not being harsh at all, i can understand that, this will be a consideration for me

• Do you really make a payment gateway for other websites to use? I don't think that it will be easy. If I am a store owner, I will use paypal or Stripe for safety.

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • @quanhua92 said:
    Do you really make a payment gateway for other websites to use? I don't think that it will be easy. If I am a store owner, I will use paypal or Stripe for safety.

Unfortunately yes, but it's for a small bussinesses. Paypal and stripe are not so popular here as a domestic payment option so that's why

• DediRockDediRock Member, Patron Provider

Greencloud is pretty good for what you're trying to do.

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • If you only do with payment with indonesian people why not using local provider? There plenty options like Idcloudhost or Cloudkilat. And also MaxKVM have good connection to indonesia

Thanked by 2MaxKVM suyadi92
  • suyadi92suyadi92 Member
    edited February 2022

@ailice said:
    If you only do with payment with indonesian people why not using local provider? There plenty options like Idcloudhost or Cloudkilat. And also MaxKVM have good connection to indonesia

I do use idcloudhost (yes, until now), but did you ever heard of the data center accident several months ago? I'm affected by that accident btw. As for cloudkilat, i never use their service so i can't tell anything about them

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited February 2022

@suyadi92 said: Is it secure enough if i put all the data in a cdn?

Do you mean store payment data on a CDN?

oh no
    please don't

• IMO, your best option will be AWS. Go serverless as mentioned earlier. Rescale anytime if its needed. I personally not recommend low end providers for mission-critical service, though some of them has good records. Cari selamat di awal, cegah pusing di kemudian hari.

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • @fazar said:
    IMO, your best option will be AWS. Go serverless as mentioned earlier. Rescale anytime if its needed. I personally not recommend low end providers for mission-critical service, though some of them has good records. Cari selamat di awal, cegah pusing di kemudian hari.

Siap bang. thanks!

• AWS or Azure i think better. Kenapa ambil provider luar? provider dalam negeri jg hebat & keren..

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • billyriantonobillyriantono Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2022

IS Payment gateway categorized to Fin Tech ? If yes in Indonesia there is regulation that the data processing must be in Indonesia Data Centre, otherwise you cant register/apply to OJK.

Thanked by 2paijrut suyadi92
  • @atharva said:
    AWS or Azure i think better. Kenapa ambil provider luar? provider dalam negeri jg hebat & keren..

Had unfortunate events with some Indonesian local provider, so yeah not a choice.

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • @suyadi92 said:

I do use idcloudhost (yes, until now), but did you ever heard of the data center accident several months ago? I'm affected by that accident btw. As for cloudkilat, i never use their service so i can't tell anything about them

If you mean fire on Cyber 1 DC. Its "accident", so make sure you have "disaster recovery plan". even amazon have downtime :D

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • atharvaatharva Member
    edited February 2022

@Dazzle said:

@atharva said:
    AWS or Azure i think better. Kenapa ambil provider luar? provider dalam negeri jg hebat & keren..

Had unfortunate events with some Indonesian local provider, so yeah not a choice.

The disaster was not predictable. But now the provider has started to have a drc plan. It should have started to improve.

And don't forget to Backup Backup backups

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • how many user indo on here? ;)

• umzakumzak Member
    edited February 2022

https://dewabiz.com/vps-super-compute/

4cpu, 8gb ram, unmetered BW, for ~ $10/month

Thanked by 2pedagang suyadi92
  • Just go to biznet..

Thanked by 2pedagang suyadi92
  • For payment gw go for Azure, AWS or GCP.

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • @umzak said:

Have yabs for this? Price is more cheaper than contabo though.

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • edited February 2022

@ailice said:

@umzak said:

Have yabs for this? Price is more cheaper than contabo though.

Don't expect much from local Indonesian hosted Server/VPS. Especially bandwidth, usually unmetered for local network OpenIXP/IIX shared 100 Mbps - Gigabit, while International link shared 10-50 Mbps for all rack.

Thanked by 2suyadi92 nyamenk
  • get some biznetgio, they have a lot of data center certification including pci dss.

Thanked by 1suyadi92