Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone issue connection speed KVM MyCustomHosting - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone issue connection speed KVM MyCustomHosting

13»

Comments

• My VPS at CA-VPS3

# wget http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    --2013-12-05 09:12:08--  http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 205.234.175.175
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `100mb.test'

100%[==============>]     104,857,600 27.9M/s   in 3.9s

2013-12-05 09:12:12 (25.8 MB/s) - `100mb.test' saved [104857600/104857600]

and

#  wget http://ipv4.bhs.proof.ovh.net/files/1Gb.dat
    --2013-12-05 09:17:01--  http://ipv4.bhs.proof.ovh.net/files/1Gb.dat
    Resolving ipv4.bhs.proof.ovh.net... 198.27.85.58
    Connecting to ipv4.bhs.proof.ovh.net|198.27.85.58|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 125000000 (119M) [application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig]
    Saving to: `1Gb.dat.1'

100%[================>] 125,000,000 54.9M/s   in 2.2s

2013-12-05 09:17:03 (54.9 MB/s) - `1Gb.dat.1' saved [125000000/125000000]

• FiberVMFiberVM Member
    edited December 2013

I am not sure what kind of person I am actually talking to, considering I only wanted to give a @Spirit the second opinion to back up his statement. I got this in my inbox and you left before I could see it, so I will reply here:

Sig spam? If you took like 2 milliseconds you would have seen that I purposely have nothing in my sig unlike you... And I know how to setup DHCP just fine, and won't start blaming others when I made a mistake on my end.

There's nothing so special about OVH's network that requires fundamentally different DHCP options. As far as I am concerned classless routes is just one way of many to provide your clients with DHCP served IPs. You simply failed to configure DHCP properly.

I'm not here to bash, but seriously? PMing me, calling me "m8", falling out on your clients, poor management and attacking people personally when they point out your mistakes?

Excuse me, but I do not wish to be treated like that. If you want to be the tough guy, go do that on the streets with your teens friends. Not online while you're trying to run a business.

I will not reply further, because you're clearly not looking to learn or improve. Only bash other people when they tell you're wrong. Ignorance is a bitch.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited December 2013

If being friendly upsets you I'm sorry. Teen friends I hope your joking?

I never fell out on my clients, what ever that means. I have given them all they need to succeed. Did you not see the video I posted? Kind of shows I can't fix that issue.

Had he logged into his VPS via VNC EVEN before ticketing he could have seen what the issue was.

Instead I was expected to magically know his root password and I guess log in and troubleshoot the issue? I don't know. Kind of sounds like a privacy issue for me... I don't provide that sort of service. Every responsible consumer knows this.

About OVH and KVM servers. I wished you'd let that rest, it's wearing on the subject. If you had ever setup classless static routes or had a OVH KVM node. You'd understand the situation. Heck, a simple google will show you there are issues. Mainly with older OS and some Windows. With OVH you can't just set a gateway and call it complete. Why? Because the gateway is outside your subnet. You must add routes in a specific order to complete this. This is where the classless static routes come into play. Tough guy ? lol

2 or 3 customers out of 100's of happy customers. Not really seeing a problem here. I haven't ran with anyone's money. I have provided the service I have said I would, no more and no less. I haven't sold my customers to someone else for a quick buck. Haven't moved continents etc.

• @MCHPhil said:
    If being friendly upsets you I'm sorry. Teen friends I hope your joking?

I'm just going to reply to this for the sake of having quoted what you said exactly.

I am not sure you know what friendly means. Bashing and blaming with a smile on the face certainly doesn't make you friendly.

I am not upset, you provoked and here's an honest reply to your rather actions.

Take a look at how you have handled all this and evaluate again whether your social skills exceed the ones of an average teen. If you don't exceed (which you clearly don't) you may very well be just a teen, "m8".

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited December 2013

I never once bashed you or blamed anything wrongly on anyone. You though came out of left field to attack me :P Pot calling the kettle black I think. Sig spam, company spam... All the same spam to me.

And, please if you are to continue this. Answer my question. Have you ever used classless static routes? Or as you say it's just another way to get a customer an IP. Because that makes 0 sense.

• @MCHPhil said:
    I never once bashed you or blamed anything wrongly on anyone. You though came out of left field to attack me :P Pot calling the kettle black I think

Please carefully read all my comments again, I never attacked you. I merely pointed out your mistakes which resulted in a rather unpleasant PM.

And, please if we are to continue this. Answer my question. Have you ever used classless static routes? Or as you say it's just another way to get a customer an IP. Because that makes 0 sense.

I don't see why you would in the first place as you can setup your node to be the gateway. What I meant by one way is that it doesn't actually say anything about DHCP, it's a packet, it's not something you normally have to worry about as the DHCP server should decide and handle it.

• MCHPhil said: Pot calling the kettle black I think. Sig spam, company spam... All the same spam to me.

I see you edited your post to quickly add this bit.

What you're saying right now is that people representing companies aren't allowed to say a single thing. Think again.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited December 2013

@FiberVM said:
    I don't see why you would in the first place as you can setup your node to be the gateway. What I meant by one way is that it doesn't actually say anything about DHCP, it's a packet, it's not something you normally have to worry about as the DHCP server should decide and handle it.

If that were only acceptable via OVH. I have tried and they claim it generates unnecessary traffic on their network and they will block the IP if it is not changed.

I originally PM'ed you to hopefully have this discussion in private. As there is nothing constructive to come from this but yeah. If you feel I attacked you, you have read too much into what I have wrote. I asked you if you were serious because it's obvious you have not tried OVH for a KVM node. You don't honestly know the limitations of their network and are just talking out your ass.

• @FiberVM said:

What is your problem dude..please related with this topics

i not see your write is relevant with this topics, you have same problem with us about our connection speed if yes please proof it if not don't talk if not relevant with this topics

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @FiberVM said:

What is your problem dude..please related with this topics

i not see your write is relevant with this topics, you have same problem with us about our connection speed if yes please proof it if not don't talk if not relevant with this topics

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2013

@MCHPhil said:
    Had he logged into his VPS via VNC EVEN before ticketing he could have seen what the issue was.

Huh? Are you nuts? This is content of the email you sent us when network went down:

This is to inform you that I am aware of the current network loss on CA-VPS4. The server is functioning properly. I can see that via KVM over IP. I'm unable to ping anything past the switch it is connected to.
    I have ticketed OVH.

How could I supposedly know that you changed network configuration again? Pay attention to word "AGAIN" because you explicitely requested from us to change network configuration to DHCP and then f**** up something that DHCP didn't work and forgot to notify us about another network change.

All this should end in the moment we found out that you're wrong and you never sent us mail about ANOTHER network setup change. Like someone above said, we don't have crystal ball to know your network setup changes all the time. You requested DHCP setup, your stuff went down, VPS never came back, client opened ticket to report issue... and now it's clients fault because he shouldn't use DHCP at all and you forgot to send out update about your new network setup? Crazy world...

• FiberVMFiberVM Member
    edited December 2013

MCHPhil said: If that were only acceptable via OVH. I have tried and they claim it generates unnecessary traffic on their network and they will block the IP if it is not changed.

Again you don't seem to know how it works then, the traffic doesn't even leave the physical interface before reaching the local gateway. How do you think OpenVZ works?

MCHPhil said: I originally PM'ed you to hopefully have this discussion in private.

No, you originally tried to scare me off over PM, then you deleted it hoping it would also delete it on my end.

MCHPhil said: I asked you if you were serious because it's obvious you have not tried OVH for a KVM node. You don't honestly know the limitations of their network and are just talking out your ass.

Had a Kimsufi in BHS with a few failovers and Proxmox to play with just two months ago. I had KVM networking working fine, with DHCP.

I would rather not make myself look like someone trying to spoil other people's businesses. You fail to accept constructive criticism and decide to just turn this into some low level flame fight.

Have a nice day.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited December 2013

@Spirit said:

My network configuration never changed spirit.

The suggested way to access the network changed. Nothing broke on my end. I can't be responsible for everyone OS implementation of DHCP RFC... I apologize for missing sending that message. Had you rebooted sooner, you would have had the issue then.

I tried to give you everything to succeed. A KB with articles explaining certain issues. Recently updated the templates to include automatic configuration of the network.

@FiberVM you won't hit their automatic IP block for a few weeks. I didn't hit it first until about 2 months in. Setting up your network like this in contrast to the way they expect it setup causes unnecessary ARP requests on their network. This is documented online.

You offer no constructive criticism. As another said you and others expect me to change my business model to your liking. I will not do so. My business model requires users to troubleshoot their own issues. If you don't like that, don't buy my VPS. Plenty of others have and enjoy the service.

• MCHPhil said: If you don't like that, don't buy my VPS. Plenty of others have and enjoy the service.

Whoa, please don't say that. I have many unmanaged VPS from many providers and they have been my partners for several years now. Issues with servers are mostly done without support. However, when it relates with hardware, network and routing, me and my providers works together to resolve the issue.

That's how we keep a good long relationship.

• Ian_Ian_ Member
    edited December 2013

Actually If SUPPORT actually took the TIME out to HELP instead of PAWN things off no thread would be open and all this craziness would not be going on!

That is why it is called SUPPORT = HELP not SUPPORT= GTFO!

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited December 2013

You seem to be taking that line out of context. If you feel I should change my business model.. That statement then applies to you. Otherwise. :)

@Ian_ said:
    Actually If SUPPORT actually took the TIME out to HELP instead of PAWN things off no thread would be open and all this craziness would not be going on!

That is why it is called SUPPORT = HELP not SUPPORT= GTFO!

Another person who does not understand self managed. As the network was up there was no issue other than something that would need resolved on his KVM VPS. I'll get my magic wand and make that happen right away.

BTW the thread was created because a customer wanted to compare network speeds with others and then this came along. The op also seems like a decently happy customer. I could be wrong. :P

What exactly are you chiming in for again? Bash on someone about an issue you have no idea about :P Or you like me to change my business model to better suit you and others needs? Why again would I?

Thanked by 1ZeroCool
  • Ian_Ian_ Member
    edited December 2013

Ok @mchphill Take it as CRITICISM don't get mad just improve! Ill let you have the last word.

• MCHPhil said: You seem to be taking that line out of context. If you feel I should change my business model.. That statement then applies to you. Otherwise. :)

You are right, it's your business model and nobody can change that. The context I see is a friction between a service provider and a user related to how a service is being provisioned. So, an abrupt statement in public might hurt both parties reputations.

That's all.

• ZeroCoolZeroCool Member
    edited December 2013

Thanks to sir MCHPhil

my problem has been resolve..i got my speed again

happy together...:) customer happy provider happy to

[root@kvm ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -f test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.08133 seconds, 348 MB/s
    [root@kvm ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -f test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.03643 seconds, 354 MB/s

if like this i will stay for long time :) No reason for leave this service, that stupid decision if do that.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
This discussion has been closed.