Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi now doing Super Cheap LEB? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi now doing Super Cheap LEB?

13»

Comments

• My ballsack is PHENOMINAL. ;m

Thanked by 1Nomad
  • u4iau4ia Member

holy crap! :O

• DerekDerek Member

@Aldryic said: My ballsack is PHENOMINAL. ;m

I was quite impressed when I seen it. The size should be posted on billboards globally.

From the South Park episode where Stan's dad gives himself testicular cancer from a microwave.

• ChiefChief Member

@Francisco said: Any OVH hosts wanna chime in on this? I've always been pretty iffy about hosting with a datacenter that's wanting to compete with their own clients.

From a customer's standpoint it may be more confidence inspiring hosting direct with a data center. Datashack are also looking to offer VPSs, their $29 dedi is never in stock long enough to give it a LEB listing.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2012

@Aldryic said: My ballsack is PHENOMINAL. ;m

I wouldnt say so, when I read about how you choose only the "easy" customers that want to host their cat pictures and such.
    I could understand the pathological fear of BigBrother and the need to side with the strong in that case (after all, you come from Russia), but when you are afraid of 12 yo with 10$ pocket money, you dont have much of that stuff...
    Kimsufi is NOT a good host I have seen LEBs performing better, however, their dedi is a great deal for the end-user.
    M

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Maounique said: I wouldnt say so, when I read about how you choose only the "easy" customers that want to host their cat pictures and such.

Considering our shared SQL is sitting at ~900q/s, I don't think we're really taking the easy clients :) We take the clients that aren't a headache and don't abuse/get rooted. If people on here want to fight over clients that are abuse cases waiting to happen, they're more than welcome to.

We've already seen a solid host get the crap kicked out of them because one of their users was abusive.

Francisco

• @Maounique said: I could understand the pathological fear of BigBrother and the need to side with the strong in that case (after all, you come from Russia),

Did I also mention that I'm a former 97E and DoD employee? My caution (not fear, as you continue to incorrectly assume) stems from being a part of "big brother". Perhaps learning more about someone rather than assuming you know everything about them would help you more correctly assess a situation, and the reasons for their actions.

Or you can continue to look like an uninformed fool. Your choice.

• AmitzAmitz Member

You worked for 'Drink or Die'? ;)

• Donkeys and Dildos :P

• AmitzAmitz Member

Ah! Nice too! ;)

edited March 2012

@Aldryic said: Did I also mention that I'm a former 97E and DoD employee?

Ah, so you were waterboarding handcuffed ppl ? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/97E) That does need a lot of guts, exactly the type that would work for the BigBrother to find out how on earth did manning give that stuff to the press...
    Well, now I am more informed, thank you. No wonder you dont like free speech and human rights.
    M

• @Maounique said: Well, now I am more informed, thank you.

No, you just have another layer of tin foil covering your head from my perspective. You seem to think, incorrectly, LEB providers are here to offer hand holding, managed services at cut rate pricing while letting users and abusers alike do as they see fit. Get over yourself and just try to let reality seep into your brain, hard as that might be interrupting you from candy land, where you've been playing on your unicorn jumping rainbows. LEB is about numbers and providing a certain level of service without the need for human intervention. So your desire for added human contact is not realistic in this market space, accept that and move to a host that will charge you for the hand holding you so desperately seem to want.

• @Maounique said: Ah, so you were waterboarding handcuffed ppl ?

No, my arena was more psychological manipulation. I didn't need to resort to physical harm/torture to extract information; I left that to the grunts.

@Maounique said: Well, now I am more informed, thank you. No wonder you dont like free speech and human rights.

That first sentence is apparently untrue, seeing the one that followed it. I have nothing against free speech and "rights" (the actual word you're looking for is privileges, but that's another discussion). But I am somewhat picky over who I will tolerate irritation from, yes.

• @Aldryic said: the actual word you're looking for is privileges

nope. it's rights.

@Aldryic said: but that's another discussion

true. so sorry for that ;)

• DerekDerek Member

@Aldryic said: Donkeys and Dildos :P

heh, I didn't know you like Beastality. :(

All those hurt donkeys and ponies. You prob have then all locked up too.

edited March 2012

@Aldryic said: No, my arena was more psychological manipulation.

That is strange after I saw your "performance" here. Any reason you dont work there anymore ? There are many needs to interrogate "enemies of the state" in spite of Obama promisses, religion still reigns supreme in US.

Regarding LEBs offered by major DCs and such, I am not sure I like it so much, the main drive for me in this market is the human touch, the idea that I get to talk to another geek out there, or would-be geek for that matter.
    I have tons of VPSes at home and at work, tons of BW, cheap hardware, dont really need
    LEBs, this is a hobby of mine (but it does take off some carbon footprint from myself).
    It is undoubtedly the end of smaller companies, but it may still be a place for "one-man-shows" for ppl that need or like the human touch, dont want to talk to a human robot in broken english which only reads/pastes some prefabricated answers or "escalates" the issue till it reaches some "god" that will probably issue a refund because it's cheaper than solving the problem.
    The future is mainly BurstNET-style of companies, no wonder they are expanding (OVH also and many others) and I regret it, BUT, I am sure there will always be a niche for this market, albeit smaller than today and only for really dedicated ppl that dont look for reasons to acuse and humilate customers, those that walk the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction, there will be a change tho.
    The price wont matter anymore but quality of the support mainly, there will be a place for ppl that are able to explain technicalities in plain English, that offer managed services, that add real value and are not only resellers.
    It wont be a low end market, but a high level one, Apple didnt make the money from reselling discounted PCs, mp3 players and nokia dumb phones...
    Low end boxes will be offered to every geek out there at 2 dollars the dozen in the wholesale market, regular folks will look for turn-key secure managed solutions, there is the future, in my view.
    M

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited March 2012

@Derek said: heh, I didn't know you like Beastality. :(

HAH. That was a joke acronym for the DoD.. 'full of jackasses and dickheads'. Donkeys and Dildos was the mild version :P

@Maounique said: That is strange after I saw your "performance" here.

You might have noticed by now that I'm no longer replying in the same baiting fashion as before, and giving simple assessment in response to your inquiries/comments.

You saw what I wanted you to see. Nothing more, nothing less. :P

@Maounique said: Any reason you dont work there anymore ?

Opted for an honorable discharge when my term was up so that I could spend time with my family, rather than constantly be away.

@Maounique said: There are many needs to interrogate "enemies of the state" in spite of Obama promisses, religion still reigns supreme in US.

Quite true. However, I have an ethical disagreement with what qualifies being classified as an "enemy of the state". Protecting a nation's (as in people, not political) interests is not the same as furthering lobbyist/corporate agendas, and I am not willing to ignore that distinction.

In the interest of not derailing the thread any further, I'd be more than happy to answer any other questions via PM if you wanted details.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2012

@liam said: With datashack following suit and starting to offer LEB it's a matter of time before these hosts who rent cheap servers markets dissapear. I'd rather get a vps with hostshack then say someone using their servers.

Any datashack hosts want to chime in on this? I always wonder how a host feels when their DC starts chewing at their own clients market.

Francisco

• @liam said: With datashack following suit and starting to offer LEB it's a matter of time before these hosts who rent cheap servers markets dissapear. I'd rather get a vps with hostshack then say someone using their servers.

Possibly. I certainly would not want a VPS from DataShack. To me, it's the same as VolumeDrive, their support just isn't that great.

@Kairus said: their support just isn't that great.

Exactly my point, big companies will wholesale cheap and stable boxes but support will be patchy at best. This leaves space for smaller companies and one-man-shows with 100 VPS or so that will charge a premium for support. 10 $ for a 256er will be a minimum.
    M

• emghemgh Member
    edited May 2015

Don't know if someone mentioned it yet...

But i think a Swedish datacenter is hosting it.

If you look at this swedish ISP's vps thing, you will see a big image,
    a man with a server that it says WikiLeaks on. It might be old, correct me if i'm wrong.

http://www.bahnhof.net/

EDIT:
    Shit didn't notice 2012. That explain why they said UK :P

Don't think this thread is new, don't bump it again.

Sorry :D

• @rsk said:
    I do use OVH myself, and they are good if you have strict rules for your clients, as sometimes even a single dmca notice will force them to stop your server, or "lock" it with ftp readonly access.

They will also lock your entire accounts sometimes :)

Not very practical reselling OVH when you have a lot of clients. as even 1 or 2 clients would cause them to terminate you.

• nexusrainnexusrain Member
    edited May 2015

Wut.. That's very senseful I have to say..

@MrAndroid I thought it was a pretty expensive provider in Sweden which hosted WikiLeaks?
    @Derek the domain thepiratebay.so is for sale..