Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi now doing Super Cheap LEB? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi now doing Super Cheap LEB?

Comments

• DerekDerek Member

@Spirit You can edit it while checking out.

@DotVPS It's month...

• @DotVPS said: mx is still in OVH ;)

>

They are hosted on Multiple-Servers

when i ping i get 80.80.2.31

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited March 2012

@DotVPS said: is Sweden ?

>

Could be UK, Or denmark. In sweden they use a well known host

They used PRQ then Bahnhof

• AmfyAmfy Member

@DanielM hehe, yes, PRQ. PRQ seems great, but not cheap. And you only can pay by bank I think :/
    I'd love to have a vpn tunnel there, but it's too expensive.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

Meh, PRQ may not be cheap but they are a good group of guys.

• @xonion said: You prohibit content because the jester could be pissed off? wow.

Not precisely. Calculated risk assessment (we disallow the Runescape community because of the constant DoS wars). Wikileaks was a bit of an ambiguous example, though... j35t3r seems to take care not to affect a target's host, so I doubt we'd have any real risk of attacks from him. Not something we'd need to worry about anyways, since I highly doubt that WL would choose a US-based host, considering their content.

It's very, very rare that the potential threat (vs actual threat) would be a deciding factor. But even in such cases (like the aforementioned Runescape example), it's still a provider's right to choose what they will and won't host. Really no different from independent/local newspapers choosing what they'll give publicity to.

I'm all for standing up for what you believe in.. but there does come a point as a host where you have to decide if you're willing to take personal risk as a company for an ideal that you're not personally involved in. It's one thing to disregard risk assessment for your own standing. But if your actions put our other clients at risk? Sorry, but no matter how noble the cause we simply cannot sacrifice the others in order to maintain you.

Also keep in mind that I don't make the final decisions for the company; the buck only stops on my desk for issues regarding Billing and Policy. That comment was merely my own observation on what I'd do in his scenario. And this applies to both Francisco and myself: the vast majority of the time when we comment, you can take that we're representing our own personal opinions on issues. If Frantech/BuyVM takes an official stance on an issue, we'd document it to eliminate any confusion.

• DerekDerek Member

I don't know what your smoking, but I see mois = month...

http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/vks/index.xml

http://thepiratebay.so/mois.png

• j35t3r attempted to take down Lulzsec but failed.

• @Daniel said: j35t3r attempted to take down Lulzsec but failed.

Should probably be a new discussion, rather than continued derailment of this thread.

@DotVPS - That's a bad translation by Google. mois is indeed Month, not Week (semaine).

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited March 2012

mois = month

Also for legal documents: http://www.ovh.com/fr/support/documents_legaux/

Don't ask me which is which and what they say though :D

• bahh ... don't want to start another Tor discussion here ;)

@Aldryic said: Calculated risk assessment

I'll agree about the most of this, but if some guy with some Tor scripts decides to hate apple pie and I am going to release some apple pie recipes - then what?

• @Aldryic said: Should probably be a new discussion, rather than continued derailment of this thread.

Sorry.

Kimsufi's VPS page is not detailed what so ever.

• @xonion said: I'll agree about the most of this, but if some guy with some Tor scripts decides to hate apple pie and I am going to release some apple pie recipes - then what?

Interesting example :P In most cases, the attacks we see are of a personal nature (someone butthurt over being banned from a forum, etc), and rarely last more than a couple of days if that. In this particular scenario, if you were getting attacked because of apple pie, our autonull'd would just blackhole your IP in 1hour increments while the attacks persisted. If the attacks were actually hard enough to affect other clients (not counting some jackass hitting our billing panel out of spite), then we'd have to sit down with you and find a solution.

Honestly, most attacks are from purchased access to booters. So ~120sec floods with the purpose of getting a 24hr or longer nullroute. If that's all that was coming your way, we'd likely just let you know that once the attacks stop our Autonull'd would lift the nullroute after an hour, and you'd be good to go again.

• AmitzAmitz Member

French was my first non-native language and I only would like to confirm that mois = month and semaine = week.

• @liam Heh :P My experience indicates otherwise, but this isn't really the place for such a discussion :3

• Nice.

@Aldryic: Thanks for explaing your behavior.

So no need to go offshore with my apple-pie-blog ;)

• @xonion no worries :3 We try to standardize policy.. but yeah, it is pretty much a case-by-case thing. Though to be perfectly honest, we have no problem with helping defend someone being nailed for no reason (like the recent Constantinos drama :P), just so long as it doesn't become a habit :3

Thanked by 1xonion
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@DotVPS said: 4 .99 € / week

so 20 euros/month.. isn't Lowend!

Its monthly, im sure - long term client @ ovh here :P

• @Daniel said: What virtualisation are they using? I don't understand any French.

From my client/friend who ordered it before they launched it globally :
    OpenVZ, 1 vCPU (2Ghz opteron), capped to 30mbit, TUN/TAP disabled

He gave me the password, test it and looks not very bad (performances, for network you know that :P)

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • @DotVPS ManagerV5 :P

i forgot the exact cpu type on his VPS, i'll ask him later.

• Kiddy-Hosts-Waiting-For-Summer

OVH:

Realistically, it shouldn't hit OVH-VPS hosts that badly. OVH are pretty selective over their customers, and like to add the whooping 20% tax once you reach the checkout.
    Not to mention, they don't like PayPal too much :<

• DerekDerek Member

@liam said: Hes probably a 12 year old kid that lives in ohio ;0

Another Ohio comment..........

• @Derek said: Another Ohio comment..........

You know, Ohio isn't that bad now. Damnit.
    Dayton, Ohio. Where 'O'bama is going to watch the final four. Yay.... (yawn)

OH. were a big hit now. (only Ohioians will get the oh pun.)

• DerekDerek Member

@Blackstorm72 said: You know, Ohio isn't that bad now. Damnit.

Dayton, Ohio. Where 'O'bama is going to watch the final four. Yay.... (yawn)

OH. were a big hit now. (only Ohioians will get the oh pun.)

I live in Ohio......

• @Derek said: I live in Ohio......

As do I. ;)

• pingping Member

Interesting though the 'Lareg' one is the same price as the Kimsufi 2G dedicated - and even compared to the other two the 2G isn't that much more expensive

NB: About it listing Celeron / Atom on the Kimsufi 2G - sometimes you get one of those and sometimes you can get a Dual Core Pentium or even Triple Core AMD - they put whatever they have in stock into the servers

• @Derek said: Another Ohio comment..........

Everyone wants to be like me :3

• u4iau4ia Member

Is it just me, or does @Aldryic 's smiley remind you of a ball sack? :)

• Very interesting...

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@u4ia said: Is it just me, or does @Aldryic 's smiley remind you of a ball sack? :)

LOL, You don't have a dirty mind :P