Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi now doing Super Cheap LEB?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi now doing Super Cheap LEB?

DerekDerek Member
edited March 2012 in General

So I got bored and was browsing around providers and noticed that Kimsufi, that company that sells super cheap dedicated servers, is now selling super cheap VPS's.

http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/vks/index.xml

Their cheapest plan, 4.99€, comes out to about $6.50 for 512MB Ram, 1 vCPU, IPv4/6, 1TB on 100mbps and 25GB of Space. The more scary part is it's about $10.50 for 1GB of ram and About $19.50 for 2GB of ram.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Any OVH hosts wanna chime in on this? I've always been pretty iffy about hosting with a datacenter that's wanting to compete with their own clients.

Francisco

Thanked by 1BuyAds
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

haha, should be interesting, I guess they have got sick off all the fly by night hosts that have used them so have beaten them at their own game.

• dnomdnom Member

I don't speak french but google translate says the rates are "per week" w/c is not cheap at all. I also want to know the virtualization of those boxes.

• What virtualisation are they using? I don't understand any French.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

I do use OVH myself, and they are good if you have strict rules for your clients, as sometimes even a single dmca notice will force them to stop your server, or "lock" it with ftp readonly access.

@dnom the rates are per month - google translate is a bit messed up :P

Thanked by 1dnom
  • HC_RoHC_Ro Member

I noticed they have been doing that however its never been implemented for outside EU sales IE http://www.kimsufi.ie/ Not sure if they will or not but I would not trust a vps from the OVH subsidiary.

I went through hell obtaining a corporate account with ovh.ie (to get rid of VAT) The support is slow and their management platform is terrible. I would never count on a vps from them or even reselling them if thats your plan. The 3 kimsufi.ie boxes I have is irc shells and a dev box, occasionally I will resell one but thats it.

• @rsk said: I do use OVH myself, and they are good if you have strict rules for your clients, as sometimes even a single dmca notice will force them to stop your server, or "lock" it with ftp readonly access.

OVH only treat DMCA complaints as normal copyright infringement notices, so they simply forward them onto you (unless your American, then they shut you off).

But OVH /used/ to host WikiLeaks.

Thanked by 2Amfy mrm2005
  • I would host WikiLeaks. My webhost would be a very liberal host, unless it gets alot of criticism, that is, if I owned my own IP ranges/servers/bandwidth.

• @Shane
    obviously you dont know whats ur talking about.

• @pufotog: I guess I don't lol. I guess I meant that I wouldn't reject their order.

• DerekDerek Member

@DepotVPS_Shane said: I would host WikiLeaks. My webhost would be a very liberal host, unless it gets alot of criticism, that is, if I owned my own IP ranges/servers/bandwidth.

How do you know your IP Transit providers won't cut the cord and terminate contacts?

• @Derek: lol.

I need to learn not to say controversial things. >_>

• I wouldn't touch WikiLeaks with a 10m pole. Even if I agreed with their methodology, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of XerXes should j35t3r decide to change his policy of not affecting his targets' hosts.

• AdamAdam Member

@DepotVPS_Shane said: I need to learn not to say controversial things. >_>

More of think before you speak.
    Or at the least, type it all and just leave it as a draft (a lot of us have done that).

• @Adam: Exactly. :)

I find it hard to think things out quickly IRL. I am autistic, not using it as an excuse, but autism is a communication disorder from what I hear.

• @Aldryic said: I wouldn't touch WikiLeaks with a 10m pole. Even if I agreed with their methodology, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of XerXes should j35t3r decide to change his policy of not affecting his targets' hosts.

the j35t3r is nothing more then a cry baby, and doesn't know right from wrong

• utkunutkun Member

Can someone tell me the sense in leasing Atom 1.2 Ghz 2GB RAM 1TB HDD dedicated servers and 1 vCPU 2GB RAM 100GB HDD VPSs for the same price? (Both EUR 14,99 monthly (excl. VAT))

Depends what you will use it for :P

• AmfyAmfy Member

@utkun, maybe the 1 vCpu has much more power than the dedicated atom... and for the most projects some GB space is more than enough.

• DerekDerek Member

@Daniel said: the j35t3r is nothing more then a cry baby, and doesn't know right from wrong

Trying to get more people pissed at LEB/LET? lol

Thanked by 1Amfy

@Amfy said: and for the most projects some GB space is more than enough.

Agree with "most" ...

However, there are people who would also rather to have more space over anything else - specially fi its just an ftp server - or a LAN connected server for file transfers too.

• DerekDerek Member

@rsk said: Agree with "most" ...

However, there are people who would also rather to have more space over anything else - specially fi its just an ftp server - or a LAN connected server for file transfers too.

This can go back to the debate over Raid 10 or single hard drive. I'm sure OVH puts more money into the nodes then there single dedicated servers.

@Derek said: I'm sure OVH puts more money into the nodes then there single dedicated servers.

I kind of agree :P

• @Derek said: Trying to get more people pissed at LEB/LET? lol

?

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • jhjh Member

@dnom said: "per week" w/c

/Mois means per month.

I think this is great for consumers, obviously not great for OVH resellers.

• @Daniel said: the j35t3r is nothing more then a cry baby, and doesn't know right from wrong

What you may think of him is irrelevant. What matters is that his attacks are unquestionably efficient.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2012

If I understand correct each of those kimsufi plans have minimum 3 months contract. 7.99€ can be potentially nice vps for cPanel hosting. Anything more known about type of virtualization?

• xonionxonion Member
    edited March 2012

Huh?

You prohibit content because the jester could be pissed off? wow.

• @Daniel said: But OVH /used/ to host WikiLeaks.

>

It seams to be hosted in the UK now. :|