Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

** CHRISTMAS OFFER ** 2GB RAM, 1CPU, 30 GB NVMe, KVM - 18€/year *** 4,6,8,16 GB RAM *** - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

** CHRISTMAS OFFER ** 2GB RAM, 1CPU, 30 GB NVMe, KVM - 18€/year *** 4,6,8,16 GB RAM ***

Comments

• naranjatechnaranjatech Member, Patron Provider

@stoned said:
    And your trolling is fine by me. I like these guys a lot already. So keep trolling, I'll keep replying, and this thread will stay on top. I don't mind.

Excuse me?

• @naranjatech said:

@stoned said:
    And your trolling is fine by me. I like these guys a lot already. So keep trolling, I'll keep replying, and this thread will stay on top. I don't mind.

Excuse me?

That was directed at the trolls hijacking your thread. Their trolling keeps your thread on top.

• naranjatechnaranjatech Member, Patron Provider

@stoned said:

@naranjatech said:

@stoned said:

Excuse me?

That was directed at the trolls hijacking your thread. Their trolling keeps your thread on top.

I prefer no trolling in this thread!

Thanked by 1stoned
  • painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited December 2021

got the flash deal, thanks,
    i now have 3 of your servers, happy days.

• stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

Just to clarify for the folks, I wasn't asking about the flash deal of 65:

@stoned said:
    "Anyway, had the code worked yesterday, as you listed (incorrectly), I'd have had this package for 75."

75 Not 65. 75. From yesterday. Not today. I was not looking for the 65 Flash deal. I was looking to find out why the code didn't work yesterday on that deal, as it was on the same page, which was slightly confusing. They informed me that they have added the code to that one as well, so it should be regular Xmas sale, 75, not 150. Again, not asking about the new FLASH deal which was made today, for 65 for that package.

I was inquiring about the 150/2 = 75 from yesterday, which should have worked but didn't. The code worked on other packages.

They have added the code for Xmas sale to that package as well, so as I understand it, 10 are available for the 65/FLASH sale, and otherwise, 75 (150/2) XMAS sale.

I got the 72/yr deal which is the 120GB package, and they were just now kind and wonderful to add the 30GB additional to my plan. I like these guys very much. If you ever get US servers, please let me know. I'll buy.

People love to convolute and confuse matters so they can play the moral messiah of the world so they can look good in front of others and admonish others. The admonishers were not right about anything. They admonished me after being triggered by their own misunderstanding of what was being asked.

I won't reply anymore. Once again, thanks @naranjatech. Very happy with the service so far. Having dealt with dozens of providers for over 16 years, I can say you are one of the more solid ones. I recommend.

• @painfreepc said:
    got the flash deal, thanks,
    i now have 3 of your servers, happy days.

I'm thinking I might get another. I have a different need. I'm trying to determine whether I need another or not. Contemplating!

• @stoned said:
    Just to clarify for the folks, I wasn't asking about the flash deal of 65:

@stoned said:
    "Anyway, had the code worked yesterday, as you listed (incorrectly), I'd have had this package for 75."

75 Not 65. 75. From yesterday. Not today. I was not looking for the 65 Flash deal. I was looking to find out why the code didn't work yesterday on that deal, as it was on the same page, which was slightly confusing. They informed me that they have added the code to that one as well, so it should be regular Xmas sale, 75, not 150. Again, not asking about the new FLASH deal which was made today, for 65 for that package.

I was inquiring about the 150/2 = 75 from yesterday, which should have worked but didn't. The code worked on other packages.

They have added the code for Xmas sale to that package as well, so as I understand it, 10 are available for the 65/FLASH sale, and otherwise, 75 (150/2) XMAS sale.

I got the 72/yr deal which is the 120GB package, and they were just now kind and wonderful to add the 30GB additional to my plan. I like these guys very much. If you ever get US servers, please let me know. I'll buy.

People love to convolute and confuse matters so they can play the moral messiah of the world so they can look good in front of others and admonish others. The admonishers were not right about anything. They admonished me after being triggered by their own misunderstanding of what was being asked.

I won't reply anymore. Once again, thanks @naranjatech. Very happy with the service so far. Having dealt with dozens of providers for over 16 years, I can say these are one of the more solid ones. I recommend.

u just want to look "good" too! working hard on defence there! go on!

Thanked by 2plumberg dahartigan
  • u just want to look "good" too! working hard on defence there! go on!

I understand English isn't your first language. Oh well. Merry Christmas.

edited December 2021

your company is a God send,
    my main servers are
    Naranja 3 vps's
    and
    Hostslick 2 dedicated servers

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited December 2021

@stoned said:

u just want to look "good" too! working hard on defence there! go on!

I understand English isn't your first language. Oh well. Merry Christmas.

this is all the English u deserve! enough for ur tier of existence!

no need to be hypocrite also wishing ppl merry xmas!

• @cybertech said: .. u deserve! enough for ur ..

Please don't.

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@cybertech said: .. u deserve! enough for ur ..

Please don't.

merry Xmas!

edited December 2021

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-12-03                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sat 25 Dec 2021 11:42:22 PM EST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7763 64-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 2449.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : â Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : â Enabled
    RAM        : 7.8 GiB
    Swap       : 255.0 MiB
    Disk       : 147.4 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 383.44 MB/s  (95.8k) | 4.57 GB/s    (71.5k)
    Write      | 384.45 MB/s  (96.1k) | 4.60 GB/s    (71.8k)
    Total      | 767.90 MB/s (191.9k) | 9.17 GB/s   (143.4k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 8.01 GB/s    (15.6k) | 8.49 GB/s     (8.2k)
    Write      | 8.43 GB/s    (16.4k) | 9.05 GB/s     (8.8k)
    Total      | 16.44 GB/s   (32.1k) | 17.54 GB/s   (17.1k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 925 Mbits/sec   | 899 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 918 Mbits/sec   | 858 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 911 Mbits/sec   | 848 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 591 Mbits/sec   | 254 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 530 Mbits/sec   | 419 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 592 Mbits/sec   | 248 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 258 Mbits/sec   | 125 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 841 Mbits/sec   | 873 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 822 Mbits/sec   | 879 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 836 Mbits/sec   | 882 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 749 Mbits/sec   | 198 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 492 Mbits/sec   | 218 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 995
    Multi Core      | 3723
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11816621

• Sun 26 Dec 2021 08:18:39 AM CET

Processor  : AMD EPYC 7763 64-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 12 @ 2449.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 23.5 GiB
    Swap       : 255.0 MiB
    Disk       : 354.1 GiB

Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 388.42 MB/s  (97.1k) | 4.03 GB/s    (63.0k)
    Write      | 389.45 MB/s  (97.3k) | 4.05 GB/s    (63.4k)
    Total      | 777.87 MB/s (194.4k) | 8.09 GB/s   (126.5k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 8.10 GB/s    (15.8k) | 8.42 GB/s     (8.2k)
    Write      | 8.53 GB/s    (16.6k) | 8.98 GB/s     (8.7k)
    Total      | 16.64 GB/s   (32.5k) | 17.40 GB/s   (16.9k)

Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 989                           
    Multi Core      | 10291                         
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11818348

• @BarkingIron said:
    Sun 26 Dec 2021 08:18:39 AM CET

Processor : AMD EPYC 7763 64-Core Processor
    CPU cores : 12 @ 2449.998 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 23.5 GiB
    Swap : 255.0 MiB
    Disk : 354.1 GiB

Block Size | 4k (IOPS) | 64k (IOPS)
    ------ | --- ---- | ---- ----
    Read | 388.42 MB/s (97.1k) | 4.03 GB/s (63.0k)
    Write | 389.45 MB/s (97.3k) | 4.05 GB/s (63.4k)
    Total | 777.87 MB/s (194.4k) | 8.09 GB/s (126.5k)
    | |
    Block Size | 512k (IOPS) | 1m (IOPS)
    ------ | --- ---- | ---- ----
    Read | 8.10 GB/s (15.8k) | 8.42 GB/s (8.2k)
    Write | 8.53 GB/s (16.6k) | 8.98 GB/s (8.7k)
    Total | 16.64 GB/s (32.5k) | 17.40 GB/s (16.9k)

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 989
    Multi Core | 10291
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11818348

Oh you got one! Wicked!

I am loving it so far. Even from West Coast USA to Netherlands, 140ms pings, not bad.

• @naranjatech said:

@BarkingIron said:

@naranjatech said:

@BarkingIron said:

@naranjatech said:

@BarkingIron said:

@naranjatech said:

@BarkingIron said:
    Is there any way I could test upload speed to your servers?

Yes, use the Lookingglass (see link in my signature)

That's for download only no? How do I check my upload?

Where are you located?

South Asia

Will not be the best, but you have seen Yabs on here, so you should have a good idea.

My downloads are amazing but on more than one occassion downloads for some providers have been great and absolute shit uploads.

Order one, test it and if it's shit cancel it (within 24 hours)!

I used two hours, not quite right, how to cancel it? :(

• @louiejordan said: I used two hours, not quite right, how to cancel it?

if you don't how to open a support ticket and ask how to cancel, how do you know how to test server, just saying,

yes sometimes i can be an ass.. lol

• @painfreepc said:

@louiejordan said: I used two hours, not quite right, how to cancel it?

if you don't how to open a support ticket and ask how to cancel, how do you know how to test server, just saying,

:o go to bed, now.

• @louiejordan said:

@painfreepc said:

https://clients.naranja.tech - login - go to the server - find button (red) that says "request cancellation"

• @nobizzle said:

@louiejordan said:

@painfreepc said:

https://clients.naranja.tech - login - go to the server - find button (red) that says "request cancellation"

do you think it's humorous? >:)

• i'll probably just stfu and enjoy my server. gn8

• Really, if you can't find how to cancel on the following page, then you shouldn't be allowed to have a VPS anyway. >:)
    https://clients.naranja.tech/clientarea.php?action=productdetails

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @louiejordan said:

@nobizzle said:

@louiejordan said:

@painfreepc said:

do you think it's humorous? >:)

Not only did you get a server to test, you logged in, you went to its panel, I assume you installed an operating system, I assume you looked at all the graphs, but you didn't see the cancellation button, so you come here and ask how do you cancel, I was just joking around being funny and obviously meant that, but you come back, you see something and don't even realize what you're looking at so you either reply to the wrong person, or as I said you don't even understand what you're looking at,

But if you really did mean to reply to me, the first time, then I didn't think it was hilarious, I was just being funny, but now I do think it's hilarious.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

I was talking to some r/selfhosted folks and mentioned my purchase here. They mentioned interest in buying and wanted to know if compiling Android roms, applications, etc. would be good on this server.

I didn't know what to tell him. I just said:

@stoned said: (on Matrix)
    I'm not sure! I mean it's unrestricted use CPU I think, but I could be wrong. You may wish to ask them and confirm before you buy. Post in the thread, tag @naranjatech and ask them.

Any word on CPU usage on this server? Any restrictions like fair use or can we use it as needed for development work without issues?

@naranjatech Please advise.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @stoned said:
    I was talking to some r/selfhosted folks and mentioned my purchase here. They mentioned interest in buying and wanted to know if compiling Android roms, applications, etc. would be good on this server.

I'm not sure! I mean it's unrestricted use CPU I think, but I could be wrong. You may wish to ask them and confirm before you buy. Post in the thread, tag @naranjatech and ask them.

Any word on CPU usage on this server? Any restrictions like fair use or can we use it as needed for development work without issues?

One should ALWAYSS check the website for AUP - https://naranja.tech/acceptable-usage-policy/ and TOS - https://naranja.tech/terms-of-service/

This is what one agrees to before placing an order!

For the most part - if it is dedicated usage - most providers will advertise as such. Its a safe assumption otherwise that its shared and it will negatively impact other users on the servers if not adhering to the AUP!

Thanked by 1acidpuke
  • It takes 2 mins to check there AUP quoted below, but I'd imagine that takes effort

"Client agrees not to run any processes on his or her VPS which use the equivalent of 50% or more of all available CPU capacity for an extended period of time. As an example, a VPS with four (4) cores assigned may not use more then two (2) full CPU cores for an extended period of time. An exception on this are VPSes with one (1) CPU core assigned – these may use all available CPU capacity. An extended period of time will generally mean two (2) hours, but will depend upon the CPU load and level of impact on other clients sharing the physical server. Disruptive CPU usage may result in a reboot, shutdown, and/or suspension of the VPS regardless of the time lapse involved."

Thanked by 2naranjatech plumberg
  • @plumberg said:

@stoned said:

One should ALWAYSS check the website for AUP - https://naranja.tech/acceptable-usage-policy/ and TOS - https://naranja.tech/terms-of-service/

This is what one agrees to before placing an order!

For the most part - if it is dedicated usage - most providers will advertise as such. Its a safe assumption otherwise that its shared and it will negatively impact other users on the servers if not adhering to the AUP!

I read that before purchasing, of course. I just didn't know how CPU intensive compiling android stuff is as I've never done it and I don't know if that particular use case would fall under fair use or if it would cause too much load.

Thanked by 1naranjatech
  • stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

I think building stuff would be fine. I don't suspect building android apps or even roms would take more than two hours, if that, at all (again I haven't compiled roms, only apks). Even if it did, you could throttle your CPU so it doesn't consume full load.

Fair use CPU makes sense from the perspective of the provider, on VPS, which is true of all providers, even Rackspace and the big ones I know from experience.

He should be fine.

Thanked by 1naranjatech
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@acidpuke said:
    It takes 2 mins to check there AUP quoted below, but I'd imagine that takes effort

"Client agrees not to run any processes on his or her VPS which use the equivalent of 50% or more of all available CPU capacity for an extended period of time. As an example, a VPS with four (4) cores assigned may not use more then two (2) full CPU cores for an extended period of time. An exception on this are VPSes with one (1) CPU core assigned – these may use all available CPU capacity. An extended period of time will generally mean two (2) hours, but will depend upon the CPU load and level of impact on other clients sharing the physical server. Disruptive CPU usage may result in a reboot, shutdown, and/or suspension of the VPS regardless of the time lapse involved."

1-core plan: you can use the core without any restrictions.
    2-core plan: set one core as offline in sysfs, and you can use the other core without any restrictions.

@stoned said:

I read that before purchasing, of course. I just didn't know how CPU intensive compiling android stuff is as I've never done it and I don't know if that particular use case would fall under fair use or if it would cause too much load.

I don't know about Android ROM, but for Android app it will use 100% on all available CPU cores.
    You'd better do the compilation on GitHub Actions, which is free.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur stoned
  • stonedstoned Member
    edited December 2021

@yoursunny said: 1-core plan: you can use the core without any restrictions.
    2-core plan: set one core as offline in sysfs, and you can use the other core without any restrictions.

I don't understand the logic here. Could you elaborate if you know? So if you have 4 cores, you set 2 as offline and you can use the remaining 2 without restrictions? That's interesting. Why?