Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RECOMMENDATIONS FOR NEW MEMBERS]: Most trustworthy, reliable, over all BEST LET providers? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[RECOMMENDATIONS FOR NEW MEMBERS]: Most trustworthy, reliable, over all BEST LET providers?

Comments

• ultravps.eu/buyvm/virmach

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • niknar1900niknar1900 Member
    edited December 2021

@BarkingIron said:
    I am curious why BuyVM is considered so good with their prices. For the same price you could get something with much better specs!

First, the servers are not oversold and you get what you pay for. Second, the support is the fastest I've ever experienced. Between the discord server and the ticket system, you WILL be taken care of. Third, if you're looking for a little more "freedom" without getting dropped randomly. In the future I plan to get rid of my Luxembourg 512GB slab, but that slice? Hell no. It's only $20 a year.

• I will vote for NexusBytes @seriesn and RackNerd @dustinc .
    I have been using NB for 2.5 years and RN for 1.2 years for websites. Quick support, stable performance, and ~100% uptime.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • NexusBytes, Spry Servers, Nexril, VMHaus, BuyVM, launchvps, hostodo, stratagem, clouvider/inception hosting, Alien Data/DataIdeas, NFOServers, AlphaVPS and a few others :-)

• Going to say I would NOT recommend RackNerd based on their handling of PII and in general just poor support. Details: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/176087/disappointed-and-concerned-about-racknerds-actions

• based on providers i use from months:

1gservers - 100% uptime, good offers
    quickpacket - 100% uptime
    buyvm - all been okay past months, sometimes have problems but those get resolved quick by their support
    veesp - 100% uptime (only node maintenances are a pain)
    hetzner - 100% uptime, top support, you get abuse report = rip your account

• I have a very small group of LE* providers that are go-to based on my needs. These needs will be highlighted in the short blurb after their names.

• Hivelocity (Previously Incero) - Best colocation for a center US network (whoever the networking guy in Dallas is wink wink he's the best)
    • BuyVM - Most affordable resources + storage to beta test out certain configurations and ideas. Availability is an issue though so if a plan isn't available when I need it, I usually move to the next host on my list.
    • DigitalOcean/Vultr/Linode - Best on-demand VM building and prototyping (tldr I don't have to deal with WHMCS + SolusVM with monthly pricing. I can prototype my work for a few days or something and then shut it down).
    • NFOServers - I no longer use them but I LOVE their network. It was one of the best networks I had the pleasure of using (they host a ton of game servers, so you bet your ass their network is solid).
    • Azure - Highest level of reliability on my end. Network could be better but reliability support is there. But that's a personal preference.

I've moved away from using a ton of LE* providers. I've just found that I have a lot less headaches if I keep SolusVM out of my workflow.

Thanked by 1idleparty
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

OP trying to pick his trustworthy, reliable, over all BEST LET provider:

• LoganoLogano Member
    edited December 2021

@BarkingIron said:
    I am curious why BuyVM is considered so good with their prices. For the same price you could get something with much better specs!

I was and still am a noob, but if I understood correctly back then, @Francisco was one of the first people around these parts to actually make a "quality low-end VPS company" work. LET was much more of a shitfest in terms of providers deadpooling left and right, and BuyVM was one of the only low-end providers you could trust. This was even before the first LET Provider Polls. Plus there are still some very cheap, creative setups there that were built in-house that others don't have.

• Summer hosts waiting for a mention

• coffincoffin Member
    edited December 2021

@BarkingIron said:

Adding onto what others have mentioned, one of the things that makes BuyVM a highlight for me, is the community because they have a Discord server, with some pretty smart and helpful people. Also has some staff from BuyVM and Path.net (their ddos protection provider), with Francisco himself being fairly active as well. Makes the whole experience with them feel very cozy

• Hi. I love you kind folks <3. Thank you for the mention :)

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@coffin said:

@BarkingIron said:

Adding onto what others have mentioned, one of the things that makes BuyVM a highlight for me, is the community because they have a Discord server, with some pretty smart and helpful people. Also has some staff from BuyVM and Path.net (their ddos protection provider), with Francisco himself being fairly active as well. Makes the whole experience with them feel very cozy

Francisco

• Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • InceptionHosting, AlphaVPS, LiteServer

There are definitely more hosts around here which I'd consider good, but I am listing these three because I have actual experience of hosting some services with them (for around a year now) as opposed to just idling the VPSes :)

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • I will vote for RackNerd @dustinc .My invoice number this morning is #2511998 ,I'm happy to use RN's server

Thanked by 1dustinc

@darw said:
    ">

Could've just mentioned the provider or at least declare your affiliate link instead of concealing it.

Things Everyone Hates and Things We Do Not Allow
    Hidden affiliate links, all affiliate links must be made obvious.

ANY AFFILIATE LINKS MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED AND A NON AFFILIATE LINK PROVIDED IN THE SAME SIZE.

• @DP said:

@darw said:
    ">

Could've just mentioned the provider or at least declare your affiliate link instead of concealing it.

ANY AFFILIATE LINKS MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED AND A NON AFFILIATE LINK PROVIDED IN THE SAME SIZE.

Who cares what you say :smile:

@darw said:

@DP said:

@darw said:
    ">

Oh, we'll see :)

• @sunshineboy9888 said:
    I will vote for RackNerd @dustinc .My invoice number this morning is #2511998 ,I'm happy to use RN's server

Thanks, your recommendation has been doubled.

• @darw said:

@DP said:

@darw said:
    ">

Dude, just change the link so it's labelled as an aff link and you are good to go. No need to be a dick, Jesus.

Thanked by 1Logano

@dahartigan said: Dude, just change the link so it's labelled as an aff link and you are good to go. No need to be a dick, Jesus.

He's been around for 3 years now and the rules has been there all along.

The response just proves that he doesn't respect them and that they don't apply to him :)

Thanked by 2dahartigan Logano
  • @DP said:

@dahartigan said: Dude, just change the link so it's labelled as an aff link and you are good to go. No need to be a dick, Jesus.

He's been around for 3 years now and the rules has been there all along.

The response just proves that he doesn't respect them and that they don't apply to him :)

Get a life

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited December 2021

Yes - Virmach/BuyVM/Hostodo/NFOServers all are amazing, long term stable and folks like @Francisco (BuyVM) look out for people and really are transparent.

NexusBytes and AlphaVPS, heard great things. Gullo has been good in the past.

I strongly recommend against NerdRacks/RackNerd/AlphaRacks/PKIHosting - the founder @dustinc is associated to a group that scammed a bunch of folks (more than once). Our risk department has assessed his history of theft and feel it is too risky for the community to recommend his services under any circumstances. Sorry we couldn't do business ;)

Thanked by 1niknar1900
  • why no one mentioned Contabo?

• @BarkingIron said:

Amy recommendation for host with cheaper storage price (other than time4vps) ?

• miaumiau Member
    edited December 2021

@KermEd said:
    Yes - Virmach/BuyVM/Hostodo/NFOServers all are amazing, long term stable and folks like @Francisco (BuyVM) look out for people and really are transparent.

NexusBytes and AlphaVPS, heard great things. Gullo has been good in the past.

I strongly recommend against NerdRacks/RackNerd/AlphaRacks/PKIHosting - the founder @dustinc is associated to a group that scammed a bunch of folks (more than once). Our risk department has assessed his history of theft and feel it is too risky for the community to recommend his services under any circumstances. Sorry we couldn't do business ;)

He threatened that I will be blacklisted from all providers in an email after I chargebacked him for scam he run in alpharacks lol

Thanked by 1KermEd

@miau said: Amy recommendation for host with cheaper storage price (other than time4vps) ?

Check out NexusBytes maybe?

• Dedicated Servers = @qps (QuickPacket). Top notch all around.

Thanked by 1qps
  • Hetzner, buyvm, spartanhost
    Hetzner is the best, more active in the community comparing to cloud providers such as digitalocean,linode,vultr. And their dedicated servers are cheap and reliable.
    The very important parts for a good provider is: technical skills, passion, and customer experience. The technical skills comes very first.
    --from a mjj