Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RECOMMENDATIONS FOR NEW MEMBERS]: Most trustworthy, reliable, over all BEST LET providers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[RECOMMENDATIONS FOR NEW MEMBERS]: Most trustworthy, reliable, over all BEST LET providers?

stonedstoned Member
edited December 2021 in General

Hello fellow stoned people and not so very stoned people,

In your expert opinion and personal experience, as well as time spent on LET, and having used various providers, based on various criteria such as uptime, server quality, network, support, deals, reliability, and good reputation for good business practices, etc. etc. etc., whom would you recommend to any new comer on LET and why?

Thank you.
Sincerely,

Yours truly, the stoned guy.

Comments

• One can't have stability, performance, and low price at once.
    I prefer stability and low price at the cost of performance, so I would recommend VirMach for personal use.
    When I do business, OVH or AWS with Cloudflare might be a choice.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

BUYVM is going to be a close one.

• Hetzner, inceptionhosting, letbox, liteserver. Those are premiums while not charging leg and kidney.

Thanked by 2ehab skorous
  • It really depends on what you value more. But overall, it's gotta be the german hosts like hetzner, netcup, phpfriends etc.

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

Letbox, buyvm, hosthatch, greencloud all good providers

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @skorupion said:
    BUYVM is going to be a close one.

If you get past Karen!

Thanked by 1tux
  • zhizhi Member
    edited December 2021

SpartanHost、AlphaVPS、GreenCloudVPS、HostHatch、CloudCone、RackNerd

Thanked by 2Cloudcone dustinc
  • @ask_seek_knock said:
    One can't have stability, performance, and low price at once.
    I prefer stability and low price at the cost of performance, so I would recommend VirMach for personal use.
    When I do business, OVH or AWS with Cloudflare might be a choice.

Yep, it's all about what matters most to you. VirMach has been great for low price and had good stability, but definitely isn't top performance on anything I've got. That's great, I've got tons of stuff that doesn't need much power and I don't want to spend much money on, I've got a handful here. BuyVM has fantastic performance and stability, but you pay a bit more for that performance. I'm coming up on 3 years here, zero complaints.

• buyvm and nexusbytes are my favorites, and despite the all the controversy surrounding them, racknerd was solid for me

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • I recommend mzunguhost to you.

https://mzunguhosting.ml/

• LutungLutung Member
    edited December 2021

OVH, SoYouStart, Kimsufi

Thanked by 3dahartigan ehab tux
  • @Lutung said:
    OVH, SoYouStart, Kimsufi

Just wish their support was better

Thanked by 2ehab tux
  • In no particular order:

OVH (SoYouStart, Kimsufi) - Support is Hit or Miss
    BuyVM - They are often out of stock
    Netcup
    PHP-Friends
    Hetzner

Might be missing some, sorry for that.

RackNerd is an upcoming provider, but currently lacks the age to get a recommendation. Support, Boxes and Network are great though.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

I recommend Buyvm , Racknerd, NexusBytes , Hyonix(Windows Only), Virmach

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Can't go wrong with @Clouvider for dedis (and UK VPS).

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • PHP-Friends and netcup.eu - best VPS hosting
    companies in EU
    Hetzner - best dedi servers in EU
    ReliableSite - best dedis in NA
    OVH - if you want solid DDoS protection even in $5 VPS then just go with them. Slow support, but great offers and uptime.

Cant recommend other companies.

• @BarkingIron said:

@Lutung said:
    OVH, SoYouStart, Kimsufi

Just wish their support was better

I Hope Too

• Hetzner - big player with almost lowend prices, support knows what they're doing
    HostHatch - very good deals, performance, ease of use
    UltraVPS.eu - reliable services, good support
    Wishosting - good perfomance, and the guy really listens to you
    InceptionHosting (now owned by Clouvider) - you won't easily find such support anywhere else
    myw.pt - decent shared hosting, and you can count on Miguel's support
    mxroute.com (bring-your-own domains email host) - maybe the most recommended service here on LET

Disclaimer1: the listed pros don't mean that everything else is a con.
    Disclaimer2: this list is not to say that all other services and companies aren't as good, only that I'm not in the position of having tried them or being able to vouch for them.

• Hosthatch - Super good deals, fast VMs, very fast networking
    Virmach - Insanely cheap (I have some $5/year KVM plans), stable, lower performance but still fine for a lot of tasks
    mxroute - absolutely incredible, massive fan, recommend it often
    OVH/SYS/Kimsufi - Pretty good network, support is awful but issues (for me) are pretty rare.

• Been "using" (idling) BuyVM and Ramnode for over 8 years, no complaints. Actually using a Linode for 5.
    I have high hopes for Racknerd but they don't have a long track record yet.

BuyVM, Ramnode, and Racknerd have all been #1 favorites here, although Ramnode doesn't have a presence any longer.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited December 2021

https://www.hivelocity.net/ i have 1 DS's
    https://hostslick.com/ i have 2 DS's
    https://catalysthost.com/ i have 1 VPS's
    https://naranja.tech/ i have 2 VPS's
    https://racknerd.com/ i have 1 Vps
    https://virmach.com/ i have 11 VPS's
    https://mxroute.com/ $5/year (4 yr old account)

Thanked by 2HalfEatenPie dustinc
  • For VPS and Shared hosting: Racknerd
    For Cloud VPS: Ramnode
    For KVM VPS: Buyvm
    For Directadmin Shared: Myw @MikePT
    For Server Hivelocity/OVH

Thanked by 2dustinc MikePT
  • ehabehab Member
    edited December 2021
  • I am curious why BuyVM is considered so good with their prices. For the same price you could get something with much better specs!

• @stoned said:

In your expert opinion and personal experience, as well as time spent on LET, and having used various providers, based on various criteria such as uptime, server quality, network, support, deals, reliability, and good reputation for good business practices, etc. etc. etc., whom would you recommend to any new comer on LET and why?

I recommend @InceptionHosting

• GreenCloudVPS, Alwyzon and Mxroute

• php-friends, alwyzon, hetzner

• @BarkingIron said:
    I am curious why BuyVM is considered so good with their prices. For the same price you could get something with much better specs!

In my experience people reward providers who offer not only reasonable prices, but do well in all sorts of other hard-to-measure ways. People give positive reviews for support, transparency, the public face shown in forums like these, long-term overall satisfaction with service, and so on. The polls may be in part a popularity contest for reasons stated or who knows why. Nevertheless, BuyVM in this case offers some pretty decent tech (e.g. anycast) that many don't, they have a good track record compared to most, and of course Francisco is a very active participant in many threads. He provides lots of straightforward professional responses, insight, and answers as they relate to BuyVM since people bring them up often knowing he is watching and will likely respond. I think people like what they see represented here. I think the answer to your question is essentially that simple.

To @stoned, you can see the list in my signature for all the providers I use, but many of them, maybe most of them, I would never recommend to friends for general use. I sometimes refer some of them to people who have specific needs (e.g. location), but very rarely do I tout or promote any of them.

The answer to you again my friend is it depends, but the providers that consistently top the polls here probably wouldn't be the worst ones to start with.

Thanked by 1__no_preserve_root
  • @BarkingIron said:
    I am curious why BuyVM is considered so good with their prices. For the same price you could get something with much better specs!

Good marketing, good long-term reputation, relatively low availability of plans resulting in extreme FOMO.