Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Clearance Sale] NAT VPS at COST + 5 x 256MB NAT VPS Bundle @ $15 !! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Clearance Sale] NAT VPS at COST + 5 x 256MB NAT VPS Bundle @ $15 !!

Comments

• @marian said:

had the same problem, but I have ended to setup the password when provisioning and then added ssh key directly to the server - afterwards you can disable the password authentication (which I recommended).

Thanks, that was plan B.
    I still haven't figured out to be able to access the server(s) via SSH. As indicated earlier, these are my first NAT VPS on IPv6 .

ssh root@2607:a680:1:1022:b609:0000:0000:0001 results in :
    ssh: connect to host 2607:a680:1:1022:b609::1 port 22: Network is unreachable

• Easy question, do you have IPv6 on your computer?

• @wakaru use link from e-mail with credentials:

Please use: NAT IPv4 Ports Calculator to know your static public IP & assigned ports

It will show correct ssh-command with IPv4 for your instance.

Thanked by 2Ouji tototo
  • @skorous said: It's in the control panel under settings.

I don't have this option :disappointed:

• @wakaru use link from e-mail with credentials:

Please use: NAT IPv4 Ports Calculator to know your static public IP & assigned ports

It will show correct ssh-command with IPv4 for your instance.

Many thanks! I missed that essential information from the email. Many thanks! :)

• @marian said:

@skorous said: It's in the control panel under settings.

It may be specific to Poland, I don't see it either in that DC.

Also the Alpine template is oddly named 'centos-7-x86_64-AlpineLinux_No_IPv6' though adding IPv6 manually after install works fine so that's also a bit of a mystery.

Thanked by 1bleidd
  • FritzFritz Veteran
    edited December 2021

@WebHorizon

You might want to answer the Ticket #4213612.

Support is getting slower and slower.

• at last my vps is activated :D

• @marian said:

@skorous said: It's in the control panel under settings.

Right besides where you can see your IPV6 (that you redacted) there is a 2, a number 2. Click on it and it will show you the local IPv4, use that to find out your ports on the calculator.

• @cochon said: Also the Alpine template is oddly named 'centos-7-x86_64-AlpineLinux_No_IPv6' though adding IPv6 manually after install works fine so that's also a bit of a mystery.

would you mind share your /etc/network/interfaces file content? i have made some changes, but it seems that ipv6 is available only internally somehow (don't forget to hide the IPs)

thanks!

• @marian said:
    would you mind share your /etc/network/interfaces file content? i have made some changes, but it seems that ipv6 is available only internally somehow (don't forget to hide the IPs)

I must admit I didn't have much success using the conventional [parsed] syntax, though that might have been a typo my end. Using explicit ip commands on 'up' works for me in Warsaw DC. I only added the 3 lines above hostname to the templated file.

auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

auto venet0
    iface venet0 inet static
    address 10.12.34.56
    netmask 255.255.255.255
    up ip route add default dev venet0

iface venet0 inet6 static
        up ip -6 r a default dev venet0
        up ip addr add 2a03:cfc0:1234:1234:1234::1/80 dev venet0

hostname poland.mydomain.com

Thanked by 3marian Ouji Abd
  • thanks @cochon, it works!

Thanked by 1cochon
  • amjamj Member
    edited December 2021

@WebHorizon

When ordering the bundle I could to choose an addon location.
    Does it mean the bundle consists of chosen addon location + 4 random locations ?

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

@amj said:
    @WebHorizon

Does it mean the bundle consists of chosen addon location + 4 random locations ?

Hi,
    all 5 locations are random. You may choose any one location if you wish, but no guarantees (it will be provisioned as per available capacity)

Thanked by 1amj

@smaart said:

Still invalid

https://ibb.co/gg8cQnd

bundled items are already discounted, so coupon cannot be used.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@WebHorizon said:

@amj said:
    @WebHorizon

Hi,
    all 5 locations are random. You may choose any one location if you wish, but no guarantees (it will be provisioned as per available capacity)

I hope you can make the NAT services as "resource pool" style just like @Neoon microLXC does.
    For example, when a user buys 5-bundle, they can deploy in any 5 locations, or stack multiple units to get a larger container, as well as change location when desired.
    This would reduce manual work for you and provide more value for clients (I would be willing to pay 10% more).

• Hi, I purchased 2 nat-vps yesterday and have no idea how to access them, can anyone direct me to a good information site for me to learn?
    The email I received after setup talks about using the link to a calulater to abtain an ipv4 address, but it doesn't work. I'm not sure what address to insert.
    I purchased these to learn something new. I understand the concept of them sharing a ip with others.
    Thanks for the help.

• OujiOuji Member
    edited December 2021

@melp57 said: Hi, I purchased 2
    nat-vps yesterday and have no idea how to access them, can anyone direct me to a good
    information site for me to learn?
    The email I received after setup talks about using the link to a calulater to abtain an ipv4
    address, but it doesn't work. I'm not sure what address to insert.
    I purchased these to learn something new. I understand the concept of them sharing a ip
    with others.
    Thanks for the help.

On your welcome email, you received instructions to get to the VPS Control Panel. Login into there and where you can see your IPv6 address you will also see a black number "2" click into it and it will show you your private IPv4 address. Enter that IPv4 address in the calculator (the one you received the link over e-mail) and you will see which ports are available for you, including the SSH port so you can remote into the server.

Let me know if you didn't undersand this.

Thanked by 3cochon Abd rooted
  • @Ouji said:

@melp57 said: Hi, I purchased 2
    nat-vps yesterday and have no idea how to access them, can anyone direct me to a good
    information site for me to learn?
    The email I received after setup talks about using the link to a calulater to abtain an ipv4
    address, but it doesn't work. I'm not sure what address to insert.
    I purchased these to learn something new. I understand the concept of them sharing a ip
    with others.
    Thanks for the help.

On your welcome email, you received instructions to get to the VPS Control Panel. Login into there and where you can see your IPv6 address you will also see a black number "2" click into it and it will show you your shared IPv4 address. Enter that shared IPv4 address in the calculator (the one you received the link over e-mail) and you will see which ports are available for you, including the SSH port so you can remote into the server.

Let me know if you didn't undersand this.

Got, it! Thank so much!

@melp57 said:
    Hi, I purchased 2 nat-vps yesterday and have no idea how to access them, can anyone direct me to a good information site for me to learn?
    The email I received after setup talks about using the link to a calulater to abtain an ipv4 address, but it doesn't work. I'm not sure what address to insert.
    I purchased these to learn something new. I understand the concept of them sharing a ip with others.
    Thanks for the help.

I'm sure there are many community members here who will be more than willing to help you through the process of learning! :)

If you're seeing any issues, feel free to PM your email ID and I can check.

• OujiOuji Member
    edited December 2021

@WebHorizon said: I'm sure there are many community members here who will be more than willing to help you through the process of learning! :)

As a way to help users (because I also face some issues with this), you can send the private IPv4 address on the welcome e-mail as this will make it easier for people to uset he calculator.

This is just a suggestion though :)

Thanked by 2yoursunny Abd
  • @WebHorizon said:

@melp57 said:
    Hi, I purchased 2 nat-vps yesterday and have no idea how to access them, can anyone direct me to a good information site for me to learn?
    Thanks for the help.

I'm sure there are many community members here who will be more than willing to help you through the process of learning! :)

Thanks!
    One small question. When I ssh in, do I use the pw when I signed up? Thanks for the fantastic customer service.

• @kheng86 said:

@tototo said:
    I have a small question.

Summary: Which should I use PayPal or a credit card?
    I have paid with PayPal twice before and this time I used a credit card.
    The reason is that I heard that PayPal has increased their fees, which will reduce the hosting company's profits.
    In general, is it good for the hosting company if users pay by credit card?

From what I know, PayPal charges hosts more than credit card does, so as much as possible I pay by credit card to trusted hosts (like Webhorizon)

Thank you. I'll aggressively use credit card to pay for reliable hosting!

• MatchstickMatchstick Member
    edited December 2021

I would like to ask, it says full support for Netflix, but I can't get full support after building and testing.

• @WebHorizon I would like to ask, it says full support for Netflix, but I can't get full support after building and testing.

• order no ch_1K1r2bHAnJ8zwxxxxxxxxxx
    access to control panel so so slow.. :'(

• @asepvb said:
    order no ch_1K1r2bHAnJ8zwxxxxxxxxxx
    access to control panel so so slow.. :'(

Extremely slowwwwwwww 😑

• miaumiau Member
    edited December 2021

Bought Singapore nat 2 weeks ago. Work fine for some time before BF. Exceeding my expectation in fact. But then it slowly, progressively become so shite, to the point of totally unusable today, showing telltale sign extreme overselling. I don't like to make noise for services like this, but I think there has to be a minimum acceptable standard?

Can't even ssh properly now. Every command will be followed by long lag to execute. At the time Im writing this, im struggling to even ssh to the server (resources temporarily unavailable).
    connecting via shadowsocks give me this speedtest result.

I got proper 320mbps during first few days.

account control panel (option under my account) is unusable. cloudflare throwing host error after long wait. server control panel has been loading for many minutes now (update: finally showed login prompt but still not load the panel after 5 minutes. update2: it gives up and back to login prompt. rip.). I know this panel has been slow since day one, but this is new level of slow.

@WebHorizon what's going on here?

• @miau said:
    Bought Singapore nat 2 weeks ago. Work fine for some time before BF. Exceeding my expectation in fact. Then it slowly, progressively become so shite, to the point of totally unusable today, showing telltale sign extreme overselling. I don't like to make noise for services like this, but I think there has to be minimum acceptable standard?

Can't even ssh properly now. Every command will be followed by long lag to execute. At the time Im writing this, im struggling to even ssh to the server (resources temporarily unavailable).

account control panel is unusable. cloudflare throwing host error after long wait. server control panel has been loading for many minutes now (update: finally showed login prompt but still not load the panel after 5 minutes. update2: it gives up and back to login prompt. rip.). I know this panel has been slow since day one, but this is new level of slow.

I can't sign into control panel, and can't ssh. I brought 2 yesterday to learn something new, did I waste my money. Only $7.00 bucks, but I could have had a Starbucks. I really think over sold. I was impressed with service, but its now gone....??

• @miau said:
    Bought Singapore nat 2 weeks ago. Work fine for some time before BF. Exceeding my expectation in fact. Then it slowly, progressively become so shite, to the point of totally unusable today, showing telltale sign extreme overselling. I don't like to make noise for services like this, but I think there has to be minimum acceptable standard?

account control panel (option under my account) is unusable. cloudflare throwing host error after long wait. server control panel has been loading for many minutes now (update: finally showed login prompt but still not load the panel after 5 minutes. update2: it gives up and back to login prompt. rip.). I know this panel has been slow since day one, but this is new level of slow.

my sg nat vps is deployed on contabo network.

yeah panel is slow but at least the vps is not.