Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INCEPTION HOSTING - Black Friday OFFERS THREAD - 50% off - Extra Disk, Double Bandwidth - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INCEPTION HOSTING - Black Friday OFFERS THREAD - 50% off - Extra Disk, Double Bandwidth

Comments

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Member, Patron Provider

@Jones said: Can I see more details? I would like to know more about this option before buying

I can tell you that it is based on Corero and works out just fine for 99.9% of customers, apart from that we don't release any information on the DDOS protection system at all at the free tier.

If you are a constant DDOS magnet and the free tier is not suitable then we can quote based on specific requirements.

• @InceptionHosting said:

@Jones said: Can I see more details? I would like to know more about this option before buying

I can tell you that it is based on Corero and works out just fine for 99.9% of customers, apart from that we don't release any information on the DDOS protection system at all at the free tier.

If you are a constant DDOS magnet and the free tier is not suitable then we can quote based on specific requirements.

Thank you for your answer and wish you a happy holiday

Thanked by 1InceptionHosting
  • FritzFritz Veteran
    edited November 2021

@InceptionHosting said: Plans as follows:

2 CPU Core (Equal Share, Mix of Intel Xeon E-2276G, E-2278 and E-2286G)
    2 GB Ram (DDR4)
    30 GB Pure NVMe SSD Disk space (Raid 1)
    6000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared)
    1 x IPv4 address
    1 x /64 IPv6
    Free complimentary DDOS protection
    Free Direct Admin license on request.
    €25 /year

Sorry to ask Ant, can I have my previous plan adjusted with this one?

Just asking if possible.

@Fritz

See:

@InceptionHosting said: Special Deal Terms:

No other offers can be used in conjunction to reduce the price further.

You may not purchase these as a replacement for another product purchased within the last 180 days, doing so will remove the discount.
    No existing services will be price matched.
    These are none refundable, please be sure you understand what you are buying.
    These are time limited, they will not be repeated once they end, we understand the temptation to ask for an exception but we will get 100's of requests like this so cannot grant them.

@Fritz

See:

@InceptionHosting said: Special Deal Terms:

No other offers can be used in conjunction to reduce the price further.

You may not purchase these as a replacement for another product purchased within the last 180 days, doing so will remove the discount.
    No existing services will be price matched.
    These are none refundable, please be sure you understand what you are buying.
    These are time limited, they will not be repeated once they end, we understand the temptation to ask for an exception but we will get 100's of requests like this so cannot grant them.

My reading skill is bad. Got it Ant.

• reb0rnreb0rn Member
    edited November 2021

I must say Inception deal was best for BF no provider matched them, get dozen in time, tnx for gr8 support :)

also all nubs hunting ryzen do not know most will be oversold as they are hyped but E-2278G kicking their ass in performance its new coffee lake arch and I prefer it even to ryzen! but who knows HW get it and rest noobs go to oversold AMD 😁

@homeos said:

@InceptionHosting said:
    All offer codes now expired and plans returned to normal specs.

I will do a final promotion on Cyber Monday. thanks for the orders all!

Why do the coupons on https://inceptionhosting.com/limited-offers.html say it expires Monday then? I was planning on using it but was busy with work...

Well someone found a way to abuse it to generate credit and then shared that method so they had to be cancelled, that's the way things go, that's why some people can't have nice things sorry.

It would have been possible to re-work but would have taken a fair bit of time and at the time it was discovered the orders had slowed down anyway and the abuse was building so it was removed.

Sorry.

That's alright. But why would that reduce the duration by just a day instead of that method being fixed and the sale resuming?

I guess I'll wait and see next year if the €15 offer comes back.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2021

@Jones said:
    @InceptionHosting

FREE Complimentary level DDOS protection.

Can I see more details? I would like to know more about this option before buying

What @angstrom said basically :) (with thanks!)

@angstrom said:

@risharde said:
    @InceptionHosting could you kindly respond to my question even via pm. I bought one package and would like to know in order to purchase another location. Thank you.

Here's a brief answer from a couple of months ago:

The DDOS protection is there to protect all clients from disruption when there is an attack, it is not intended to harbour known targets under constant sustained attack we can however quote for custom DDOS protection if you have specific need and can provide technical information about the type of cover you need, feel free to pop a ticket in.

(From https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3277607/#Comment_3277607 )

In short, if you think that you'd be a serious target for DDoS attacks, then their protection probably wouldn't be adequate.

• Any chance of a 4 core / 6-8GB RAM / 50+ NVMe disk in Frankfurt/Amsterdam? Maybe for ~120EUR/year? :)

@InceptionHosting

@Hooligan said:
    Any chance of a 4 core / 6-8GB RAM / 50+ NVMe disk in Frankfurt/Amsterdam? Maybe for ~120EUR/year? :)

@InceptionHosting

Similar offers were available during Black Friday, the 6GB plan had more disk and was around €75, but we only offer 4 cores on the 16GB plan.

Thanked by 1Hooligan

@Hooligan said:
    Any chance of a 4 core / 6-8GB RAM / 50+ NVMe disk in Frankfurt/Amsterdam? Maybe for ~120EUR/year? :)

@InceptionHosting

Similar offers were available during Black Friday, the 6GB plan had more disk and was around €75, but we only offer 4 cores on the 16GB plan.

Understood, thank you for the quick answer. I was looking for something with less RAM and a bit cheaper, but 4 cores were mandatory.

Congrats anyway for some of the most kickass deals of all BF/CM, performance is awesome!

• boka003boka003 Member
    edited November 2021
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-10-09                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Mon Nov 29 13:26:14 CET 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2278G CPU @ 3.40GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3408.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 1.9 GiB
    Swap       : 256.0 MiB
    Disk       : 49.2 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 349.18 MB/s  (87.2k) | 1.08 GB/s    (16.9k)
    Write      | 350.10 MB/s  (87.5k) | 1.09 GB/s    (17.0k)
    Total      | 699.28 MB/s (174.8k) | 2.17 GB/s    (34.0k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 1.19 GB/s     (2.3k) | 1.14 GB/s     (1.1k)
    Write      | 1.25 GB/s     (2.4k) | 1.21 GB/s     (1.1k)
    Total      | 2.45 GB/s     (4.7k) | 2.36 GB/s     (2.3k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 2.96 Gbits/sec  | 4.25 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 3.27 Gbits/sec  | 5.56 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 8.61 Gbits/sec  | 4.77 Gbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 135 Mbits/sec   | 255 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.88 Gbits/sec  | 1.92 Gbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 1.59 Gbits/sec  | 1.79 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.19 Gbits/sec  | 1.13 Gbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 66.2 Mbits/sec  | 897 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 3.69 Gbits/sec  | 1.17 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 3.69 Gbits/sec  | 2.63 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 4.33 Gbits/sec  | 2.31 Gbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 163 Mbits/sec   | 193 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 744 Mbits/sec   | 256 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 574 Mbits/sec   | 188 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1130
    Multi Core      | 2092
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11314544

Not Bad :)

• @Hooligan said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@Hooligan said:

@InceptionHosting

Understood, thank you for the quick answer. I was looking for something with less RAM and a bit cheaper, but 4 cores were mandatory.

Congrats anyway for some of the most kickass deals of all BF/CM, performance is awesome!

They had a flash sale of a ssd-cached server (not NVMe) with 4 vCores and 2 or 4 GB RAM.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Has this offer expired?

• @webcraft said:

@Hooligan said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@Hooligan said:

@InceptionHosting

They had a flash sale of a ssd-cached server (not NVMe) with 4 vCores and 2 or 4 GB RAM.

Yep, unfortunately it was in London which is a no-go for me.

• @InceptionHosting How long before VPS provisioned after purchase?

• @trycatchthis said:
    @InceptionHosting How long before VPS provisioned after purchase?

Usually less than a minute.

• @webcraft said:

@trycatchthis said:

I think I need support to help me get setup.

• @trycatchthis said:

@webcraft said:

@trycatchthis said:

I think I need support to help me get setup.

Maybe your payment is awaiting verification. I think their support can help you best and fastest.

@trycatchthis said:

Instant.

@trycatchthis said:

Instant.

Have an error on my system. Says no bootable device found. Hope support can sort that out quickly.

• @trycatchthis said:

@InceptionHosting said:

@trycatchthis said:

Instant.

Have an error on my system. Says no bootable device found. Hope support can sort that out quickly.

You first need to install one of the templates

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • trycatchthistrycatchthis Member
    edited November 2021

The Username You Entered Could Not be Found on Our System> @InceptionHosting said:

@trycatchthis said:

Instant.

The Username You Entered Could Not be Found on Our System

Cant reset password if it cant the username.

• @InceptionHosting how long before i can get support to reset my souls vm password?

Not before the working hours most certainly, as it is not affecting an existing service.

• @Clouvider said:
    Not before the working hours most certainly, as it is not affecting an existing service.

I made an order. Thought it would be like the other providers and the OS auto installed and everything setup. But in their setup you have to install the OS manually. So I go to SoulsVM and the username and password I have don't work. Then the password reset form says my username does not exist.

You're saying I have to wait till tomorrow?

edited November 2021

Indeed.
    Alternatively you could go through the information provided upon the activation, I believe the email Inception sends has the subject “ New VPS Server Details [READ BEFORE OPENING A TICKET]” and contains all relevant information, likely including the answer to your query.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • trycatchthistrycatchthis Member
    edited November 2021

@Clouvider said:
    Indeed.
    Alternatively you could go through the information provided upon the activation, I believe the email In EORI on sends has the subject “ New VPS Server Details [READ BEFORE OPENING A TICKET]” and contains all relevant information, likely including the answer to your query.

I wonder if the person reading my ticket speaks English. The most frustrating experience I have ever had with a support agent.

• @trycatchthis said:

@Clouvider said:
    Indeed.
    Alternatively you could go through the information provided upon the activation, I believe the email In EORI on sends has the subject “ New VPS Server Details [READ BEFORE OPENING A TICKET]” and contains all relevant information, likely including the answer to your query.

I wonder if the person reading my ticket speaks English. The most frustrating experience I have ever had with a support agent.

Did you check the email with title "New VPS Server Details [READ BEFORE OPENING A TICKET]".

Because you will have that email after your VPS is created on their system.

Thanked by 1webcraft