Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET BLACKFRIDAY LOUNGE! A DEAL FOR EVERYONE + 100's of GIVEAWAYS (RackNerd's OFFICIAL BlackFriday) - Page 249
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET BLACKFRIDAY LOUNGE! A DEAL FOR EVERYONE + 100's of GIVEAWAYS (RackNerd's OFFICIAL BlackFriday)

Comments

• @simple_dimple said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

WE DID IT!! GO HERE FOR DEALS -> https://www.racknerd.com/CyberMonday/

Again winner ?? :o

Looks like #6 to me

• @simple_dimple said: Again winner ??

idk, also dont question how many racknerd credits ill have after all get added...
    but them im glad, since A i have other payments in jan/feb and B i dont have a job sooo...

• @BlazinDimes said:

@simple_dimple said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

Looks like #6 to me

did you win anything here?

• @BlazinDimes said: Looks like #6 to me

yeah, dont mind tbh, extreamly happy what i got
    especially the 1gb ram thingy... daym

Thanked by 1BlazinDimes
  • @simple_dimple said:

@BlazinDimes said:

@simple_dimple said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

Looks like #6 to me

did you win anything here?

Like, siince the start of the thread? lol yes
    last couple hours? no

• Hello, @dustinc ,
    Please double the bandwidth for my friends, thank you !

Invoice #2395154
    Invoice #2393558
    Invoice #1864481
    Invoice #2360798
    Invoice #1480180

:D

• @simple_dimple said: did you win anything here?

yeah, more things then i expected tbh

• @DeadlyChemist said:
    im not that advanced, i basically wanted to host MC server, problem is, dont want randoms to know my IP

Yeah I think tailscale should work nicely in that case – you set it up both on your local computer and the one you want to proxy through. Both systems then get “internal” IPs that are only valid on the tailscale/wireguard network (run tailscale status to see them). You tell your MC server to listen on the wireguard IP of your local system and on your remote system you set up a reverse proxy from the public IP to the wireguard IP of your local system. I don’t have a lot of experience setting up a reverse proxy, but since it’s a pretty simple use case you should be able to find lots of tutorials online.

Thanked by 1BlazinDimes
  • Any chance

• WE DID IT!! GO HERE FOR DEALS -> https://www.racknerd.com/CyberMonday/

• @Pilotseye said:

@godslayer said:
    Nevermind, the slayer has found a new toy with obhost.net . Couldnt get RN to boost my disk, so here it is...

Just remember it is only OpenVZ, but still nice price for the ressources.

As mentioned before, i am still keeping my two services with racknerd. One frankenstein VPS and one shared hosting. The service is appreciable, dustin is sure superbusy... But im sure he couldve given some powerups to the gangmembers :/

Thanked by 1Pilotseye
  • @multipath said: Yeah I think tailscale should work nicely in that case – you set it up both on your local computer and the one you want to proxy through. Both systems then get “internal” IPs that are only valid on the tailscale/wireguard network (run tailscale status to see them). You tell your MC server to listen on the wireguard IP of your local system and on your remote system you set up a reverse proxy from the public IP to the wireguard IP of your local system. I don’t have a lot of experience setting up a reverse proxy, but since it’s a pretty simple use case you should be able to find lots of tutorials online.

will try, but tailscale looks like freemium...

• @godslayer said: As mentioned before, i am still keeping my two services with racknerd. One frankenstein VPS and one shared hosting. The service is appreciable, dustin is sure superbusy... But im sure he couldve given some powerups to the gangmembers

he did, there was 1gb ram giveaway (which is personally better than that sick free 2gb VPS)

• @BlazinDimes said: Tailscale has made me lazy

I hadn't heard of tailscale before, but it looks like I'm adding a bunch of things to my WireGuard configs after this weekend... After doing some exploration, I think I'll be deploying innernet soon because tailscale definitely wouldn't fit my needs!

• BlazinDimesBlazinDimes Member
    edited November 2021

@DeadlyChemist said:

@multipath said: Yeah I think tailscale should work nicely in that case – you set it up both on your local computer and the one you want to proxy through. Both systems then get “internal” IPs that are only valid on the tailscale/wireguard network (run tailscale status to see them). You tell your MC server to listen on the wireguard IP of your local system and on your remote system you set up a reverse proxy from the public IP to the wireguard IP of your local system. I don’t have a lot of experience setting up a reverse proxy, but since it’s a pretty simple use case you should be able to find lots of tutorials online.

You'll be fine in this use case, its 20 device limit on the free account, that doesn't count connections passing through endpoints or anything, just devices that are managed.

You could always host headscale if you need more for freeeee. lol

@altsalt said:

@BlazinDimes said: Tailscale has made me lazy

I hadn't heard of tailscale before, but it looks like I'm adding a bunch of things to my WireGuard configs after this weekend... After doing some exploration, I think I'll be deploying innernet soon because tailscale definitely wouldn't fit my needs!

Yeah I'm reaching the 20 device limit and I need ACLs at this point lol

I'll be taking a look at innernet, hadn't come across it.

• @DeadlyChemist said:

Yeah, tailscale is freemium, but for the free plan is all you need for personal use. All it does is distribute the wireguard public key between your servers, so it’s not like they have to handle your traffic or something, that’s all directly between your systems. So I think it’s pretty sustainable for them to keep offering the personal plan for free. You can also set up wireguard yourself, it’s just a bit more effort to make it work across firewalls/NAT, which is something tailscale also helps with.

• I've bought your VPS. Please double the bandwidth dear
    Invoice #2383919

• Hello, please help me add broadband, invoice #558501, thanks

• eh, i guess will pass for now
    currently hosting my mc on oracle... and guess gotta stay like this

• WE DID IT!! GO HERE FOR DEALS -> https://www.racknerd.com/CyberMonday/

• BlazinDimesBlazinDimes Member
    edited November 2021

@DeadlyChemist said:
    eh, i guess will pass for now
    currently hosting my mc on oracle... and guess gotta stay like this

If you're worried about privacy I can say without a doubt you're good with Tailscale, my paranoid ass trusts it. lol. Great for keeping SSH hidden behind a firewall too.

Edit: @multipath already explained it pretty well. I'm getting too tired to read I think

• Could you please double the bandwidth ? My orders list below:

Invoice 2395028

Invoice 2270348

Invoice 1124313

Thank you very much.

• #NOBODY-WON-ALL-GIVEAWAY!

• Double my bandwidth, please. Thanks!
    Invoice 2380517

• @dustinc hello,
    Please double the bandwidth, Thank-you.
    Invoice #2395091

• Not sure if those invoices are eligible for the bandwidth bump @dustinc: # 2390492 & # 2397737

• 2365334 Doubled my traffic thanks

• Please double the bandwidth.
    Invoice: 2393495
    Thanks!

• hi
    Please double my bandwidth,Thank you!
    Invoice #2194496

• @dustinc said:

@tianzi said:
    hi
    Invoice #781146

Hi @tianzi -- this particular order isn't eligible, though if you place a new order with us from our Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales, we will be happy to get it taken care of for you :)

Thank You for your business and for being our valued customer.

hi
    Invoice #2194496 this one please boss