Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW 10Gbps Value Seedbox From Pulsed Media! V10G Series: UPTO 40TB of Storage WITH 10Gbps - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEW 10Gbps Value Seedbox From Pulsed Media! V10G Series: UPTO 40TB of Storage WITH 10Gbps

1235»

Comments

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@DogbertPrime said:
    @PulsedMedia My service is down. 502 Bad Gateway on website, and Torrent trackers are showing no activity.

Automation should take care of that, and you should open a ticket. This is not our support.

• @PulsedMedia said:

@DogbertPrime said:
    @PulsedMedia My service is down. 502 Bad Gateway on website, and Torrent trackers are showing no activity.

Automation should take care of that, and you should open a ticket. This is not our support.

Naturally. My comment was more of the "poking you with a stick to see if you're still alive" nature. My service had already been down for an hour at that point. Automation utterly failed in this case.

My service was down for 10 hours before the ticket was finally answered. They "re-initialized" my account and it came back up. I probably would be entitled to half a Euro worth of store credit for a 10 hour outage, but I won't make you go to the trouble. It's not like seeding torrents prevents nuclear war, LOL. I'm just happy that there was no data loss.

• Seems like mrfarmer likes a bit more cpu and disk from time to time:

@tr1cky said: Seems like mrfarmer likes a bit more cpu and disk from time to time:

notice nice 19

secondly with what are you generating that CPU usage graph? Might take a look into that to add to everyone on the info tab, looks awesome! :) Holler us at helpdesk with all pertinent info and there might be significant bonus service time for you

• I see no problem with keeping the paid hardware a bit busy in their "free time" especially with ultra low prio 👌
    The screen should be from hetrixtools used by quite some providers already, e.g. sparkedhost.com

@nordmann said:
    I see no problem with keeping the paid hardware a bit busy in their "free time" especially with ultra low prio 👌
    The screen should be from hetrixtools used by quite some providers already, e.g. sparkedhost.com

Ah ok, indeed know of Hetrixtools just not used it ourselves and did not know our users were installing it themselves :)

Yeah nice 19 for CPU and ionice class 3 for I/O to force to idle only time on some certain processes. There's a list of should be mostly background processes which get set to these automatically via cron so that single process canno hog everything :) For example, ffmpeg as well gets automatically set for lower priority.

Most of the Twelve99 Routes ought to be solved now :)

Quite a few slots open on V10G series at this moment as well. The 16TB seems to be very popular :)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@PulsedMedia said:
    The 16TB seems to be very popular :)

It's called 16TB Club for a reason.
    @BarkingIron @Nekki

Thanked by 1Astro

@yoursunny said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@BarkingIron @Nekki

sounds like a challenge to make 24 or 32TB club possible? ;)

Surprising many takes the maximum extra storage too combining to a 40TB seedbox :)

• @PulsedMedia said:

@yoursunny said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@BarkingIron @Nekki

sounds like a challenge to make 24 or 32TB club possible? ;)

Surprising many takes the maximum extra storage too combining to a 40TB seedbox :)

Can we get a slightly detailed write up on how to get jellyfin working? The 4 line instructions are a little hard to follow

• Does anyone know how to get jellyfin working on the seedbox? ELI5 guide?

• @BarkingIron said:
    Does anyone know how to get jellyfin working on the seedbox? ELI5 guide?

1. Download .net core and add it to the system path
    2. Download the jellyfin binary, unzip it and enter the directory
    3. Enter "./jellyfin" to start

you guys should get your V10G Fix ;)

Plenty of capacity free right now

Storage Bonus has been increased as well! :)
    https://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=541

• @PulsedMedia said: Storage Bonus has been increased as well!

Wow great! That is huge increase
    I am loving my service so far, keep up the good work

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @PulsedMedia said:
    Storage Bonus has been increased as well! :)
    https://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=541

Any plans to add one click app installs like ultra.cc? I think that would just take it up a notch

@BarkingIron said: Any plans to add one click app installs like ultra.cc? I think that would just take it up a notch

There are a few. Guess what they do?
    Enable already installed things.

Cannot have 1click installers if things are installed already, just 1click somethings 🤷🤷

But yeah, more configurators should be done. For python they are such crap we might have to start packaging them for distribution with full python included etc. because everything made with Python tends to break between updates by themselves. Then there might actually be "1click installers".

• @PulsedMedia said:

@BarkingIron said: Any plans to add one click app installs like ultra.cc? I think that would just take it up a notch

There are a few. Guess what they do?
    Enable already installed things.

Cannot have 1click installers if things are installed already, just 1click somethings 🤷🤷

But yeah, more configurators should be done. For python they are such crap we might have to start packaging them for distribution with full python included etc. because everything made with Python tends to break between updates by themselves. Then there might actually be "1click installers".

I'm talking about services like jellyfin and emby. Quick toggles like the ones for qbittorrent and deluge would be great.

edited January 2022

@BarkingIron said: I'm talking about services like jellyfin and emby. Quick toggles like the ones for qbittorrent and deluge would be great.

Yea got that. Dev time is hard to come by, and once we add those people expect 10x more support services for them too. That's not such a big deal, but it was once upon a time.

12th anniversary specials released! https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/177183/pulsed-media-12th-anniversary-celebration-free-seedboxes-and-special-anniversary-seedboxes/

We listened to the feedback and are offering V10G with rebalance towards traffic as one of the two specials available right now.