Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡ - Page 290
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡

Comments

• I just woke up and read to the end of the thread. Looks like you had a blast in the last few hours, hope to join you on the next event! Many thanks again to @FAT32 and @Nekki. You guys did a fantastic job in keeping everything running smoothly and maintaining excitement and momentum, keeping everyone engaged throughout, even when everyone was too tired to lift their finger of the keyboard to drop it back onto the F5 key! And all the great suppliers here! And lastly, thanks to everyone who posted and made it was it was. As @Murv said, it's nice to come here as an outsider but welcomed and allowed to feel part of the community straight away.

I only got one deal from this thread, thanks again @Mr_Tom, but super happy with that, and also with the KS-LE that I found in the week before BF. It was still super fun trying for all the limited deals, even if I failed on all of them! Hope everyone who succeeded enjoys using them!

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2021

Thank you @FAT32 for organizing this event.

Thank you providers for your offers.

Thank you consumers for your hype.

It was a beautiful event.

• @FlorinMarian said:

@shuier said:

@brueggus said: 转

@FlorinMarian said: 中

@Fritz said:
    HAZI.RO NAT HDD

The Speed is quite good. <3
    160GB HDD love it.
    €6.64/year

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2637 v3 @ 3.50GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2735.315 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 1.0 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       :
    bash: line 411: bc: command not found

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 105.39 MB/s  (26.3k) | 735.97 MB/s  (11.4k)
    Write      | 105.67 MB/s  (26.4k) | 739.85 MB/s  (11.5k)
    Total      | 211.06 MB/s  (52.7k) | 1.47 GB/s    (23.0k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 1.89 GB/s     (3.6k) | 1.92 GB/s     (1.8k)
    Write      | 1.99 GB/s     (3.8k) | 2.04 GB/s     (2.0k)
    Total      | 3.88 GB/s     (7.5k) | 3.97 GB/s     (3.8k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 410 Mbits/sec   | 15.2 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 460 Mbits/sec   | 4.43 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 416 Mbits/sec   | 279 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 136 Mbits/sec   | 363 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 262 Mbits/sec   | 9.83 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 302 Mbits/sec   | 17.9 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 233 Mbits/sec   | 9.98 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 78.9 Mbits/sec  | 625 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 768
    Multi Core      | 781
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11330227

Adding IP is very expensive, NAT server makes me uncomfortable

Unfortunatelly we rent IP subclasses from our romanian partners and they ask for 1.20 eur per IP monthly.
    As soon we'll get our own /24 network, we'll come will better offers.
    Best regards, Florin.

Hey @FlorinMarian, are we allowed to use the 160GB NAT VPS as a seedbox? What are your policies around torrenting in the VPS?

• @FAT32 said:
    Damn the tiredness after the event ends finally kicks in and I can't even hold my eye open to continue working... :sweat_smile:

Anyone have any tricks (without coffee) that can make you feel more awake?

Ask a deal with quantity only 1 and feel the heartbeat XD

Thanked by 2FAT32 PulsedMedia
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki said:
    @PULSEDMEDIA DO SOMETHING YOU'LL REGRET TOMORROW

@TheBrokenBee said:
    @PulsedMedia where are you

Somewhere else obviously. We ran out of deals, happens sometimes.

@Nekki said: WHO FUCKIN’ GOT ONE?

It was quite a race, i can see some did not end up paying sorting those ones out shortly.

@mycosys said:

@FAT32 said:

• rTorrent/Deluge SEEDBOX
    • 1TB RAID-0 Storage
    • 4TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    • Quantity: 10
      @PulsedMedia

FINALLY got one XD ...... jus as well it was the one i stayed up all bloody night for lmao

@mycosys said: Still freakin chuffed i scored one of these on a freakin crappy atom nettop with way too many tabs open in Australia. Hope for all my crappy ping comrades!

Congrats. Capitalism FTW. You personally might hate it, but i see you enjoying the benefits tho :)

@Nekki said: 1 MILLION VIEWS. CAN WE DO IT?

Looks like it happened, well at least rounded to 1M. Let us know who ever can check from backend :)

@karanchoo said: This didn't work i guess , on order page it showed 29. euro but invoiced generated for 68

Worked fine, just was gone within 1 minute i believe.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@PulsedMedia said:
    Looks like it happened, well at least rounded to 1M. Let us know who ever can check from backend :)

It is more than 1M though, you can open developer tools and hover to the "1M" and see the actual value, currently 1,007,274 views

@FAT32 said:

29/11 18:00

PulsedMedia: €29.99/yr 1GB 1TB HDD Seedbox (Recurring)

Specifications

• 1TB RAID-0 Storage
    • 4TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    • Promo code: 2021bf-FAT32-SuperSpecialV1000Year
    • €29.99/yr

Terms

1 per customer, applicable to annual payment and above only.

@PulsedMedia

4 were left unpaid, so RESTOCKED BY 4 :)

Thanked by 2FAT32 qinmm

@FAT32 said:

@PulsedMedia said:

It is more than 1M though, you can open developer tools and hover to the "1M" and see the actual value, currently 1,007,274 views

That's really good! :) Awesome work you and @nekki have done here :)

Thanked by 1FAT32

@PulsedMedia said:

Must resists

@brueggus said:

@tetech said:

@brueggus said:

@Shakib said:

We will handle transfer requests from January 2022.

Not now.

You're getting transfer requests already? Wow.

Why surprised? People who flip stuff want to sit on inventory for as little time as possible.

I'm aware that people are selling BF deals to make some money and I honestly don't like it. Providers sell their services dirt-cheap (or even at a loss) over the BF weekend and in addition they do not only have to deal with fraud, chargebacks but also with transfers. But it is what it is.

I'm just surprised that the transfer requests are flooding in already. I would have expected people to at least wait until the dust has settled a bit. But sure, from a 'business perspective' it makes sense to sell them as quick as possible.

Worst are those who "reserve" a spot, by ordering but not paying. In the hopes they can resell it.

It takes the spot from someone else, with seemingly no intention what-so-ever to pay it unless they can turn and make a profit from it.

Further we already see quite a few refund requests. Nothing special in that, in the sense that it always happens when a lot of people signup at once. But i get the nasty feeling there is going to be those who will get the spot, try to resell it, and then request refund at last possible moment in case they cannot turn a profit from it. If that starts happening future deals will be with zero refunds policy probably, or simply increased price to cover the cost. refunds do not get trx fees returned and we are out of pocket for those, and human time sadly costs a lot of money in countries like Finland. So much that this weekend i was just talking with someone who lives in a country where MONTHLY salary might be less than hourly rate in Finland.

@nvme said:
    Jack up transfer prices for these BF special deals. This way, people will buy only if they need to keep it. Also, providers get compensated, since some of them have offered rock bottom prices.

Interesting, some providers charge for that?

@shuier said: Adding IP is very expensive, NAT server makes me uncomfortable

They cost about 50$ each just to acquire these days. So that's quickly 1+$/Month, depending on the providers target ROI / maths.

@jmgcaguicla said:

@FAT32 said:
    Damn the tiredness after the event ends finally kicks in and I can't even hold my eye open to continue working... :sweat_smile:

Anyone have any tricks (without coffee) that can make you feel more awake?

Drop a table in prod then nuke the backups

That'll do it quick!

Thanked by 1ralf
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@rajat said:
    Directadmin Reseller Hosting 2 Years Plans

All those Reseller offers. I'm tempted to start my own summer host.

• Thanks @FAT32 @Nekki
    I don't even want it to end
    Next NY ?

• @brueggus said:
    I'm aware that people are selling BF deals to make some money and I honestly don't like it. Providers sell their services dirt-cheap (or even at a loss) over the BF weekend and in addition they do not only have to deal with fraud, chargebacks but also with transfers. But it is what it is.

+1 and there people prevent others from buying, those who really need...

• @PulsedMedia said:

@FAT32 said:

Specifications

• 1TB RAID-0 Storage
    • 4TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    • €29.99/yr

Terms

@PulsedMedia

Is the 4TB bandwidth per year or month?

• @rajat said:
    Directadmin Reseller Hosting 2 Years Plans

DirectAdmin Reseller Package1
    Disk Space - 25GB (PM me your Order Number will Free Extra 15GB Storage next 10 Let users)
    Bandwidth - 2TB (PM me your Order Number will Free Extra 1TB Bandwidth)
    Sub Accounts - Unlimited (Limit is your Disk Space!)
    Control Panel - DirectAdmin
    SSL Certificates - FREE Letsencrypt Certificates
    Location USA,Singapore
    Price:€50 for 2 years
    Order Now

Activation Time :2 Hours
    Orders are manually verified

Thanks

Thanks for the response

We've clear unpaid invoice
    Now restocks orders now

Thanks

• @PulsedMedia said:

@Nekki said:
    @PULSEDMEDIA DO SOMETHING YOU'LL REGRET TOMORROW

@TheBrokenBee said:
    @PulsedMedia where are you

Somewhere else obviously. We ran out of deals, happens sometimes.

@Nekki said: WHO FUCKIN’ GOT ONE?

It was quite a race, i can see some did not end up paying sorting those ones out shortly.

@mycosys said:

@FAT32 said:

• 1TB RAID-0 Storage
    • 4TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
      @PulsedMedia

FINALLY got one XD ...... jus as well it was the one i stayed up all bloody night for lmao

@mycosys said: Still freakin chuffed i scored one of these on a freakin crappy atom nettop with way too many tabs open in Australia. Hope for all my crappy ping comrades!

Congrats. Capitalism FTW. You personally might hate it, but i see you enjoying the benefits tho :)

Not going to achieve much changing a system if you arent part of it?

Also i kinda feel the current IP regime is counter to creativity and our wellbeing as a civilisation, so promoting non-heirachical sharing to me seems to do far more good than the mining could harm. And as i said in your thread it might actually attract some people off PoW coins which would be great. Crypto is gonna exist whether i like it or not.

• @PulsedMedia said:

Worst are those who "reserve" a spot, by ordering but not paying. In the hopes they can resell it.

It takes the spot from someone else, with seemingly no intention what-so-ever to pay it unless they can turn and make a profit from it.

You could set up auto cancelation, like invoice not paid within 20 mins will be cancelled. I think that will be effective.

@jmaxwell said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@FAT32 said:

Specifications

• 1TB RAID-0 Storage
    • 4TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    • €29.99/yr

Terms

@PulsedMedia

monthly ofc.

@dTQzBen8 said:

@PulsedMedia said:

You could set up auto cancelation, like invoice not paid within 20 mins will be cancelled. I think that will be effective.

Afaik WHMCS does not support that, i could be wrong tho, it's like 12 years since i installed and went through all the configs last time around so might need a refresher :)

Just done manual check so far

@mycosys said: Not going to achieve much changing a system if you arent part of it?

also always good to enjoy the fruits of the system you are criticizing ;)

@mycosys said: Also i kinda feel the current IP regime is counter to creativity and our wellbeing as a civilisation, so promoting non-heirachical sharing to me seems to do far more good than the mining could harm.

Intellectual property vs. Services & Goods is whole different thing. You do realize that everything would be free, there would nothing to get free for? Ideas and information is infinitively copyable at marginal cost, houses, cars and roads are not. Neither is human time and effort.

Thanked by 3dTQzBen8 bulbasaur Void
  • @FAT32 said:

@Daniel15 said:
    fat32 do you get paid for this? It's a lot of work and would have brought in a lot of ad impressions for LET.

Nope, this is also to ensure I am not bias towards any providers, I did put this in the disclaimer on first page:

I am working on this on a voluntary basis and is not being paid by LEB/LET to endorse any of the brands listed here, and is not liable for any losses or damages directly or indirectly caused by this Flash Sale event

I meant paid by whoever runs LET these days (@jbiloh?), not by the providers. Like a percentage of the ad revenue during this period, or something like that.

Thanked by 2webcraft _MS_
  • ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

I have refunded at least $608.5 USD in last 72 hours.

Paid fees out of my pocket.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited November 2021

@Shakib said:

Sad to hear that. And where were these customers from, if I may ask?

Thanked by 2webcraft Shakib
  • @PulsedMedia said:

@jmaxwell said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@FAT32 said:

Specifications

• 1TB RAID-0 Storage
    • 4TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    • €29.99/yr

Terms

@PulsedMedia

monthly ofc.

@dTQzBen8 said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Afaik WHMCS does not support that, i could be wrong tho, it's like 12 years since i installed and went through all the configs last time around so might need a refresher :)

Just done manual check so far

@mycosys said: Not going to achieve much changing a system if you arent part of it?

also always good to enjoy the fruits of the system you are criticizing ;)

Always good to accept the system uncritically and make no attempt to improve it ;)

@mycosys said: Also i kinda feel the current IP regime is counter to creativity and our wellbeing as a civilisation, so promoting non-heirachical sharing to me seems to do far more good than the mining could harm.

Intellectual property vs. Services & Goods is whole different thing. You do realize that everything would be free, there would nothing to get free for? Ideas and information is infinitively copyable at marginal cost, houses, cars and roads are not. Neither is human time and effort.

it wouldnt hurt to google labor based economics :)

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

@stevewatson301 said:

@Shakib said:

Sad to hear that. And where were these customers from, if I may ask?

Asia mostly. US & EU as well.

• @Daniel15 said:

@FAT32 said:

@Daniel15 said:
    fat32 do you get paid for this? It's a lot of work and would have brought in a lot of ad impressions for LET.

Nope, this is also to ensure I am not bias towards any providers, I did put this in the disclaimer on first page:

I am working on this on a voluntary basis and is not being paid by LEB/LET to endorse any of the brands listed here, and is not liable for any losses or damages directly or indirectly caused by this Flash Sale event

I meant paid by whoever runs LET these days (@jbiloh?), not by the providers. Like a percentage of the ad revenue during this period, or something like that.

This would be justified.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited November 2021

https://www.rhc-hosting.com/cart.php?gid=8

0,66€ for the first month. Nothing about location. CODE: Y262PJSUP5 for 75% Off

@Daniel15 said:
    I meant paid by whoever runs LET these days (jbiloh), not by the providers. Like a percentage of the ad revenue during this period, or something like that.

Nope, I am not paid by anyone to organise this event, nor to maintain LET.

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited November 2021

-- deleted --

• @Shakib said: I have refunded at least $608.5 USD in last 72 hours.

You are really don't want to be rich :smiley:

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2021

@Shakib said:

Add time
    lost in processing and reprocessing.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
This discussion has been closed.