Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[So you Start] New range released! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[So you Start] New range released!

Comments

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@jenkki If you are going to try to troll at least be good at it!

• @jenkki said:

@dev_vps said: Do us a favor and don’t miss your daily medication

Nice advice ….

Message delivered to the correct person
    👍🏼👍🏼

• @PieHasBeenEaten said: If you are going to try to troll at least be good at it!

You can call it trolling if you like. We call it truth.

• Is there any way to setup luks full disk encryption on centos on this servers? The partition custom install does not allow.

What should be the optimal raid setup?

I have ipmi access if that is needed.

Any tutorials to setup the same?

Any suggestions appreciated thanks in advance

• Any restock plans?

• in SYS no fw rules can create nor can ask for any profile set is this true?

• @plumberg said:
    Is there any way to setup luks full disk encryption on centos on this servers? The partition custom install does not allow.

Install via IPMI and set it up the way you want it. Don't do CentOS, though. That's gonna be dead. Go with rocky linux, probably, or debian (11/bullseye is a massive joke).

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@chali said:
    Any restock plans?

Some of servers wasn't stocked for this launch so sorry for that. Others servers which had stock will be of course restocked :)

• @ninzo59 said:

@chali said:
    Any restock plans?

Some of servers wasn't stocked for this launch so sorry for that. Others servers which had stock will be of course restocked :)

SoYouStock !

• @plumberg said:
    Any documentation on how to load an ISO install via IPMI? Need to install Centos7 with FDE.... I have IPMI in the panel... But, I am unsure of options to load a custom ISO

Thnx

No docu for IPMI. Their IPMI access has very limited speed. I have wait for days to load a 344MB boot only iso. You'd try to use their rescue mode to install OS.

• @bsh said:

@plumberg said:
    Any documentation on how to load an ISO install via IPMI? Need to install Centos7 with FDE.... I have IPMI in the panel... But, I am unsure of options to load a custom ISO

Thnx

No docu for IPMI. Their IPMI access has very limited speed. I have wait for days to load a 344MB boot only iso. You'd try to use their rescue mode to install OS.

So from rescue mode, how could I setup centos or rocky or alma with full disk encryption? Any suggestions please? Thnx

• @ferefient said:

@plumberg said:
    Is there any way to setup luks full disk encryption on centos on this servers? The partition custom install does not allow.

Install via IPMI and set it up the way you want it. Don't do CentOS, though. That's gonna be dead. Go with rocky linux, probably, or debian (11/bullseye is a massive joke).

That's what I am trying... just unable to figure out how... any pointers? Thnx

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

Their IPMI access has very limited speed. I have wait for days to load a 344MB boot only iso. You'd try to use their rescue mode to install OS.

To make it work ensure a good connection between server and your local machine, otherwise it halts.
    We accessed IPMI from a Windows vps in Poland to upload iso (on SYS server in france), done in 30 minutes.

@plumberg you can do this, I guess :)

• @plumberg said:

All my servers are FDE'd but they're usually either Arch, NixOS or Debian; the only difference here on CentOS would be that it uses dracut instead of mkinitcpio/mkinitrd.

I've only done it once on CentOS and my memory is hazy but this and this should get you started.

• @ninzo59 said:

@chali said:
    Any restock plans?

When are the ones that weren’t stocked coming? Anytime soon?

@Nekki said:

@ninzo59 said:

@chali said:
    Any restock plans?

Should be up to 3 weeks, I don't have specific ETA yet.

• @ninzo59 said:

@Nekki said:

@ninzo59 said:

@chali said:
    Any restock plans?

That’s enough for me, cheers m’dear!

• @jmgcaguicla said:

@plumberg said:

All my servers are FDE'd but they're usually either Arch, NixOS or Debian; the only difference here on CentOS would be that it uses dracut instead of mkinitcpio/mkinitrd.

I've only done it once on CentOS and my memory is hazy but this and this should get you started.

Thnx. Remote unlock looks good.

I just want to make my disks encrypted... so I am open to any os.. I was using centos so far, that's all.

Will check.

• @WebHorizon said:

Their IPMI access has very limited speed. I have wait for days to load a 344MB boot only iso. You'd try to use their rescue mode to install OS.

To make it work ensure a good connection between server and your local machine, otherwise it halts.
    We accessed IPMI from a Windows vps in Poland to upload iso (on SYS server in france), done in 30 minutes.

Hmm. So my q is how to load iso from ipmi? I connected to html console ipmi, and I dont see any option to load iso.

Not sure what I am missing.

Also for windows you had to get a license or you were able to install without issues?

Thnx

• dann00dann00 Member, Patron Provider

@plumberg said:

@WebHorizon said:

Hmm. So my q is how to load iso from ipmi? I connected to html console ipmi, and I dont see any option to load iso.

Also for windows you had to get a license or you were able to install without issues?

Thnx

Make sure you're using the java applet download and not the web KVM, then load the ISO in using "Virtual Media -> Virtual storage" in the top left.

• @dann00 said:

@plumberg said:

@WebHorizon said:

Thnx

Make sure you're using the java applet download and not the web KVM, then load the ISO in using "Virtual Media -> Virtual storage" in the top left.

Oh dang. I never thought about java applet thing... I see it now... I really wish there was some documentation which showed this. I have been unable to find anything on SoYouStart pages...

Thanks a bunch.

• @ninzo59 said:

@Nekki said:

@ninzo59 said:

@chali said:
    Any restock plans?

any plans for normal sized hard drives? or configured ones?

• dann00dann00 Member, Patron Provider

Waiting on 40+ servers to be delivered from these new products, I'm going to assume that I'll be waiting a... while.

• Now assuming I should make friends with a bot to snag a SYS-2-SSD-32? Checking about 10x per day atm.

• @justchil said:
    Now assuming I should make friends with a bot to snag a SYS-2-SSD-32? Checking about 10x per day atm.

@ninzo59 said no stock for a few weeks. Time to get that bot ready.

Thanked by 1justchil

@Nekki said:

@justchil said:
    Now assuming I should make friends with a bot to snag a SYS-2-SSD-32? Checking about 10x per day atm.

Should be next week finally.

• @ninzo59 said:

@Nekki said:

@justchil said:

Is the promotion long-term? I look forward to getting one next week

@weiai said:

@ninzo59 said:

@Nekki said:

@justchil said:

Promotion? it's the new range available for a longtime :P

Thanked by 2vimalware miu
  • @ninzo59 said:

@weiai said:

@ninzo59 said:

@Nekki said:

@justchil said:

Promotion? it's the new range available for a longtime :P

OK, thanks for your reply. I look forward to getting one.
    I think the promotion is for BF. I think I understand it wrong. You haven't launched BF yet

• Option for additional disk will be amazing.