Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimiterVPS 12 Hour Atom Review - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DelimiterVPS 12 Hour Atom Review

Comments

• @Ruchirablog said:
    tldr; test file is fake

No idea, I saw 65mb in size downloaded then it went to 95.3 on disk, and im only on 18m ADSL.

• @wych said:
    No idea, I saw 65mb in size downloaded then it went to 95.3 on disk, and im only on 18m ADSL.

95.3mb here, and it's 48.8kb compressed (winrar standard .rar)

• SantiagoSantiago Member
    edited December 2013

@Ruchirablog said:
    @wych said:

That file is probably being gzipped by the webserver and your web browser is requesting compressed content (default)

you can use wget or curl

wget --output-document=/dev/null http://gifs.whattherage.com/100.out

curl -o /dev/null http://gifs.whattherage.com/100.out

• @Ruchirablog said:
    tldr; test file is fake

Sorry, that's my storage server. That server is mainly used for processing images, so yes I do compress everything on there. Considering I used that same test on multiple servers the data is still correct, just a bit faster.

@Santiago said:

Yup, you're correct. I didn't know gzip would affect that, sorry about that.

• why the stat shows the memory 868MB only?

Total amount of ram : 868 MB

I bought from them, the memory is:

$ free -m

total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached

Mem: 1876 1548 327 0 72 1093

• I just placed a yearly order one of these - I doubt I'll get it set up on Christmas, but I figured it would be an interesting idle amusement.

• any news about Delimiter pls?

• @postcd said:
    any news about Delimiter pls?

What about them? Atom deals are still around.

• i spun up a delimtervps dedi last week. running esxi and several windows servers. get over 400mbps/300mbps on speedtest from quite a few tests. not the atom cpu tho its a dual xeon.

• @catalystium said:
    What about them? Atom deals are still around.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1362792

• I've only worked with the Atom 330, how is the Atom 230 in performance?

• Silvenga said: how is the Atom 230 in performance?

As soon as i receive my dedi from delimiter you can do some tests if you would like? Just PM me :)

• I've ran the freevps bench with the results in the other thread:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/515229/#Comment_515229

• akzakz Member
    edited April 2014

@joodle said:
    As soon as i receive my dedi from delimiter you can do some tests if you would like? Just PM me :)

if you could let me know as well that would be great, wondering about the reliability of their network as well was looking to pickup an Atom for a personal backup dedi but held off cause of alot of complaints.

• akz said: if you could let me know as well that would be great, wondering about the reliability of their network as well was looking to pickup an Atom for a personal backup dedi but held off cause of alot of complaints.

Sure, just send me a PM

Still waiting for the server to be delivered though... Haven't heard anything from them yet

Thanked by 1akz
  • I have had no issues with my Delimiter dedi and I've had it since the initial deal back in.. Nov? I haven't really stress tested it or anything and I'v sonly monitored it the past month or so but Uptime Robot lists 100% uptime since I've been monitoring and it's always been nice and ready when I need it - I just think of it as a nice VPS with a big HD and no need to worry about annoying my neighbours- they're recycling old hardware and we're getting a good deal in the process. Thumbs up from me here.

I wouldn't mind knowing more about Yomura, though. They haven't given me any reason to distrust them really but a quick google reveals a few minor complaints (which seems to be to do with acquiring a company that was more trouble than it's worth) and nothing else outside a plastic company. Obviously they have some cash with their own DCs, hardware etc but it is a little odd that they have a domain, sell servers and don't have their own website with a little history on it.

@MarkTurner seems nice enough in the forums though so maybe he can help me out. I have no reason no to trust them and their services seem good, but it'd be nice to know exactly who I am dealing with.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BruceBruce Member

@AThomasHowe said:
    ... don't have their own website with a little history on it.

you're not likely to get much info either

google "yomura holdings" is about the best you'll get.

http://www.datacentres.com/news/yomura-holdings-invest-us5-million-new-chicago-data-centre

• What hardware do people with Atom 230 have? I have an OptiPlex FX160 desktop, but it's good enough for my needs. (dmidecode -t system)

Handle 0x0002, DMI type 1, 27 bytes System Information Manufacturer: Dell Inc. Product Name: OptiPlex FX160 Version: Not Specified Serial Number: JY004M1 UUID: 44454C4C-5900-1030-8030-CAC04F344D31 Wake-up Type: Power Switch SKU Number: Family:

Always fun to get temps from a dedi!

Adapter: ISA adapter Core 0: +42.0°C (crit = +100.0°C)

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited April 2014

@Bruce said:

Yes I know, this is my issue. They're amazing for the way I'm using my server right now - development, messing around, re-installing all the time etc - but I would have trouble hosting production code with such a ghost entity. How can I trust them if I don't know who they are?

Hopefully through like I said, Mark will step in here.

Same here. Like I said, mine was from the first batch so I assume we all have the same if yours is more recent

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited April 2014

Can't wait till i get mine... I can only hope that it will be delivered today ^^

• @AThomasHowe - Yomura is fundamentally an investment house. They buy hosting, DSL, VoIP, colo companies then either merge them into an existing business or if the brand is adequate they'll keep it running as a separate entity. Yomura is not customer facing so maintains absolutely no market presence. They sell strictly through their sales companies for example Delimiter.

@Bruce has found one press-release but the company doesn't do much of that, I have seen a few others. Most of it happens discretely. In the majority of cases acquisitions happen and there is no fanfare.

I've dropped a few hints on here over the months at some of the changes/purchases, but that is the limit of what I can do. What you have to do is look at the offers that come out from the various companies and then piecemeal from there.

If you see an announcement of services in Minneapolis for example, then have a look around at companies that have been acquired in that building or companies that have been bought from bankruptcy. That will give you the background story.

• Yeah I know all that from my searches on the web and LEB. I think you can see why I'm asking though, the mystique around the company is a little odd.

I see no reason why it's going to effect my current services though. I'll be keeping my dedi for the foreseeable future and keep suggesting them for low end dedis.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited April 2014

linuxthefish said: What hardware do people with Atom 230 have?

Same as you xd

Handle 0x0002, DMI type 1, 27 bytes
    System Information
            Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
            Product Name: OptiPlex FX160
            Version: Not Specified
            Serial Number: G08B4M1
            UUID: 44454C4C-3000-1038-8042-C7C04F344D31
            Wake-up Type: Power Switch
            SKU Number:
            Family:

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@linuxthefish said:
    What hardware do people with Atom 230 have? I have an OptiPlex FX160 desktop, but it's good enough for my needs. (dmidecode -t system)

Handle 0x0002, DMI type 1, 27 bytes System Information Manufacturer: Dell Inc. Product Name: OptiPlex FX160 Version: Not Specified Serial Number: JY004M1 UUID: 44454C4C-5900-1030-8030-CAC04F344D31 Wake-up Type: Power Switch SKU Number: Family:

Always fun to get temps from a dedi!

Adapter: ISA adapter Core 0: +42.0°C (crit = +100.0°C)

Me too

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

skybucks100 said: Here's a 100mb test from Dallas, TX. DC: Incero Speed: 100mbps Host: FlipHost URL: http://gifs.whattherage.com/100.out

Small correction: No longer with incero. Our own hardware and network

• @Fliphost said:

That should be correct, i'm not sure if you tested it or not, but I did geo direct it. I believe it should go to Dallas though.

• nexusrainnexusrain Member
    edited December 2014

He obviously doesn't like me :(
    ( @MarkTurner @skybucks100 )

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited December 2014

@nexusrain - They don't offer refunds at all. As Steve said if you want to test the network then order a small server eg Atom on a monthly basis or order a VPS from one of the companies that have servers in our datacentre.

• @MarkTurner said:
    nexusrain - They don't offer refunds at all. As Steve said if you want to test the network then order a small server eg Atom on a monthly basis or order a VPS from one of the companies that have servers in our datacentre.

I did order the Atom with monthly billing. But however, that's how it ended:

But that's good too ^^

• Alright, I obviously have to do it this way. How you can see above, they rejected my order and wrote, they would send me a refund within 72 hours. And? Still no refund. See here:

I already wrote to them again, 3 days ago and asked, what's going on - no answer until now.

@MarkTurner