Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will you be looking for on Black friday? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What will you be looking for on Black friday?

Comments

• @Nekki said:

@BetaRacks said:
    I want to find my wife

Do you want a wife or do you just want someone who'll let you jizz on their chin?

He needs someone for the household when he's pressing f5 all day and night to miss no deal here.

• @webcraft said:

@Nekki said:

@BetaRacks said:
    I want to find my wife

Do you want a wife or do you just want someone who'll let you jizz on their chin?

He needs someone for the household when he's pressing f5 all day and night to miss no deal here.

Fair, someone's got to boil the kettle for the instant ramen.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@Nekki I'm trusting you with this Black Friday

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited November 2021

not going to consider any NVMe vps below 1700 GB5 score single core

also looking for more KVM 1TB storage boxes below $35 in any location except Romania.

• stvnastvna Member
    edited November 2021

@Bayu said:
    And also looking for Singapore KVM VPS. Currently still using VPS from Leaseweb, with specs:
    1 vCPU
    1 GB RAM
    40 GB SSD
    1 ipv4
    4 TB @ 1 Gbps
    S$4.08/month

May i know how to get this plan? As currently their lowest plan is gp micro (1 vCPU, 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD) is S$6.99/month

Thanked by 1digitalwicked
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2021

@skorupion said:

Nowt to do with me, I’m not interested in generating page views for the Empire.

• @Nekki said:

@skorupion said:

Nowt to do with me, I’m not interested in generating page views for the Empire.

• @stvna said:

May i know how to get this plan? As currently their lowest plan is gp micro (1 vCPU, 1GB RAM, 20GB SSD) is S$6.99/month

This is the promo price (60% reccuring) when leaseweb launches vps service around year 2015. Initial price was $S3.50 SGD. There are several price adjustments:
    2016 > S$3.75 SGD
    2017 > S$3.86 SGD
    2018 > S$4.10 SGD > S$3.98 SGD
    2019 > S$4.11SGD
    2020 > S$4.24 SGD
    2021 > S$4.08 SGD

Thanked by 1stvna
  • typicalGtaTGtypicalGtaTG Member, Host Rep

@ehab said:

@hyperblast
    a good offer from Francisco

he never offers anything in BF, or i am not aware of the last 8 years

I don't think they have a high enough profit margin in the first place seeing their prices... It's literally BF all years for them.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

2-3 vCPU, 4/6/8GBRAM and hopefully DirectAdmin

• @BetaRacks said:
    I want to find my wife

Have you looked in the bathroom?
    That's where they usually are.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Looking for dedicated cpu vps specials (which are usually very rare these past black fridays) and always hoping for $20 dedi with raid 1 but never witnessed one and well mostly by the time I actually visit to look for amazing deals, it's already done lol

• looking for VPS less than $10

• @risharde said:
    Looking for dedicated cpu vps specials (which are usually very rare these past black fridays) and always hoping for $20 dedi with raid 1 but never witnessed one and well mostly by the time I actually visit to look for amazing deals, it's already done lol

Gotta work harder on BF fella, get stocked up on caffeine and snacks, reinforce the F5 button and get to it.

• Looking for dedi less than $1

• @dahartigan said: Looking for dedi less than $1

BF can make it happen.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2021

I do not understand why on the poll, in "disk type" category, they simply skipped adding "tape". On Black Friday I would totally love to see a provider developing a cold storage solution for tape.

• PilzbaumPilzbaum Member
    edited November 2021

I would like to get a failover/floating IP address (this requires upto two boxes at this provider then afaik).
    In EU, best would be central europe.

I would like to know what providers offer these.. I know about netcup, as they have failover IPv4s as low as 3€/month during BF/Christmas etc. Are there any other good options as well?

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • edited November 2021

What will you be looking for on Black friday?

The willpower to not sign up for something I'll probably not use for many months, if at all.

The speed to get in quick enough for anything that will genuinely be useful...¹

1: inexpensive storage², preferably in the UK or otherwise with good throughput³ to/from here
    2: mainly to expand or replace current backup arrangements
    3: latency not really an issue beyond “not terrible”

• I'll be looking for those Vortex node dedis.

• @Waldo19 said: I'll be looking for those Vortex node dedis.

Aren't we all, brother, aren't we all.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2021

I'll be mainly looking for something like the $60/year 3 vCores (1 dedicated), 16GB RAM, 80GB NVMe, Los Angeles I got with HostHatch last year. Not many providers seem to have these high RAM deals.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Daniel15 said:
    I'll be mainly looking for something like the $60/year 3 vCores (1 dedicated), 16GB RAM, 80GB NVMe, Los Angeles I got with HostHatch last year. Not many providers seem to have these high RAM deals.

I recently bought a dedicated of comparable spec.
    If it lasts 4 years, it'll be cheaper than your wish.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2021

@yoursunny said: recently bought a dedicated of comparable spec.

Are you running it at home? I'm in California and electricity is quite expensive, plus my upload speed is only 35Mb/s (even though I get 1200Mb/s down... Thanks, Comcast), so the VPS would still be cheaper and more reliable in the long run.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited November 2021

Good yearly deals from stable providers, around 1GB RAM, 200GB bandwidth and 1 IPv4 is enough for my needs as long as there is good uptime and a stable network. Locations like South America and Asia are a priority but as always I'm just going to add a bunch of other deals to my list as well.

• hosthatch 10T disk storage
    spartanhost 2T traffic vps

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Daniel15 said:

@yoursunny said: recently bought a dedicated of comparable spec.

Are you running it at home? I'm in California and electricity is quite expensive, plus my upload speed is only 35Mb/s (even though I get 1200Mb/s down... Thanks, Comcast), so the VPS would still be cheaper and more reliable in the long run.

My dedi is under my desk.
    Electricity is included in apartment rent, so that I can use as much as I desire, subject to wire gauge safety limitation.
    Internet is Verizon FiOS, $39.99/month, 100Mbps on each direction.

Upload bandwidth is not a problem, because I use this dedi for heating.
    It's running BOINC as 50% CPU utilization, which gives out the perfect amount of heat to keep my feet warm when I'm standing in front of the desk.

I'm reading up libvirt so that I can create KVM that is not VirtualBox.
    After that, those KVMs would be used for software development, so that upload bandwidth is still not a problem.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2021

I am looking for pre-BF monthly offers so I can be cheap bastard (again, as always) - migrate my yearly stuff for a month to different service and then snipe a better, long term yearly deal.

• I think I will be looking more about companies behind the BF offers since there are many bad examples from last year's BF -> Viridweb canceled their last year's offers by switching brand, and George Datacenter said it will also cancel all annual offers "to remain profitable".
    So my money will probably go to Virmach, AlphaVPS, or Inception...maybe to Fran if he got something interesting this year as he kind of said earlier ;)

• Just looking for @cociu return ;)