Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[So you Start] Flash sale - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[So you Start] Flash sale

Comments

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@mrclown said:

@MohamadSY said:
    Does anyone know if they allow server transfer between SYS accounts?

That is allowed as long as both accounts is in the same region.

Do you know their definition of 'region'?

For example I created my SYS account years ago on their German website.
    During this flash sale I was able to order two servers through their IE site with my existing account.
    So am I in DE or IE region, or do they just distinguish between Europe and America?

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited October 2021

@dfroe said:

@mrclown said:

@MohamadSY said:

During this flash sale I was able to order two servers through their IE site with my existing account.
    So am I in DE or IE region, or do they just distinguish between Europe and America?

Depending on where your accounts are created, all EU is under 1 region and US+CA are in another region at least for KS/SYS.

I think OVH has 3 different regions (EU, CA/Asia/World and US).

Someone from OVH can do corrections on that. They haven't merged their operations until today which are taken care of by different support & accounts teams. Do open the ticket to check with your support, they usually answer about that in few hours or few days.

Thanked by 1dfroe
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited October 2021

@mrclown said:

@dfroe said:

@mrclown said:

@MohamadSY said:

Depending on where your accounts are created, all EU is under 1 region and US+CA are in another region at least for KS/SYS.

I think OVH has 3 different regions (EU, CA/Asia/World and US).

Someone from OVH can do corrections on that. They haven't merged their operations until today which are taken care of by different support & accounts teams. Do open the ticket to check with your support, they usually answer about that in few hours or few days.

seems indeed, about the OVH, such as the .FR and .IE not the same region, and can't transfer services between each other.

• @plumberg said:

@hanhan said:

@dfroe said:

@hanhan said: How long does the flash sale event last?

According to their website until October 11th, subject to availability:

This special offer gives you 40% off the price of a So you Start XEON-SAT-1-32 Dedicated Server. This offer is valid for new orders (excluding renewals) of Dedicated Servers hosted in our datacentres in France (Roubaix, Gravelines, Strasbourg), Poland (Warsaw), Germany (Frankfurt) and the UK (London), placed between 4th October 2021, 14:00 BST, and 11th October 2021, 14:00 BST, subject to the availability of the server chosen, with the time at which the order is processed by So you Start used as proof in the event of any disputes. This reduced price will be valid until service cancellation.

thanks. I just placed an order, but they need to review it

Which location you ordered?

It doesn’t seem to support China, China has no choice, my order is Poland

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

Hi,
    About restocking some location (like UK) its not planned. It can happen only if some customers cancel their server, then it goes back as available.

FYI this promo should has ended today, we will extend if till thursday.

ninzo

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@mrclown said:

@MohamadSY said:

That is allowed as long as both accounts is in the same region. Both account owners need to open the tickets with details of the server and account. Of cuz that takes few hours, days or a week+ as that depends on the region.

It is not allowed, at least not for SYS. Hereby is SYS staff response:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

Unfortunately we are not able to move services between accounts.

We recommend purchasing a new service on the desired account and manually migrate your data.
    To confirm the resolution of your ticket, you can either reply to this email indicating "Accept" in the first line of your response, or by closing the ticket in the control panel.

To reject the proposed solution, please either respond to this email indicating "Reject" in the first line of your response, and include additional information, or or continue the exchange in the control panel.

Please note that in the absence of any feedback in the next seven days, this ticket will be closed automatically.

Sincerely,

Michael S.
    The So you Start team

• @AlbaHost said:

@mrclown said:

@MohamadSY said:

That is allowed as long as both accounts is in the same region. Both account owners need to open the tickets with details of the server and account. Of cuz that takes few hours, days or a week+ as that depends on the region.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

Unfortunately we are not able to move services between accounts.

We recommend purchasing a new service on the desired account and manually migrate your data.
    To confirm the resolution of your ticket, you can either reply to this email indicating "Accept" in the first line of your response, or by closing the ticket in the control panel.

To reject the proposed solution, please either respond to this email indicating "Reject" in the first line of your response, and include additional information, or or continue the exchange in the control panel.

Please note that in the absence of any feedback in the next seven days, this ticket will be closed automatically.

Sincerely,

Michael S.
    The So you Start team

I got same response from them 😔

• @AlbaHost said:

Not sure they changed, but you need to trust your support of that region. No other way :smile:

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@mrclown said:

@AlbaHost said:

Not sure they changed, but you need to trust your support of that region. No other way :smile:

In fact in my message it was not mentioned any region, just a question ;)

• what about [Customer account not valid]

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

@mcgree said: what about [Customer account not valid]

This means that you are buying a server at the wrong branch.

• @ninzo59 said:
    Hi,
    About restocking some location (like UK) its not planned. It can happen only if some customers cancel their server, then it goes back as available.

ninzo

I buy one on 10/04
    9day passed.I still not get my server.I pmed you my order id

• @lxzrzr said:

@ninzo59 said:
    Hi,

ninzo

I buy one on 10/04
    9day passed.I still not get my server.I pmed you my order id

I got it now.Thx.

• Any idea of when the UK restocking will happen?

• @hgooch1984 said:
    Any idea of when the UK restocking will happen?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3288747/#Comment_3288747

• did anyone succeed in installing proxmox 7 on these?

• Yes. Installed Debian 10 on it.
    Upgraded it to 11. And then installed proxmox.

• @zeph said:
    Yes. Installed Debian 10 on it.

have you changed the network setup from DHCP to static?
    I did the same thing, debian 11 works flawlessly, proxmox on top gives me no network.

• I disabled the network configuration provided by OVH. Then I added the network interface to /etc/network/interfaces, created a vmbr and set a static address to the vmbr. The physical interface ist set to manual.

Thanked by 1pinc
  • edited October 2021

@pinc said:

@zeph said:

I did the same thing, debian 11 works flawlessly, proxmox on top gives me no network.

Install ifupdown2 first.

Edit: formatting.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • I had a few issues with the Proxmox 6->7 upgrade, I used the Proxmox 6 template to install. I had to rent the KVM to fix it :( The ethernet card device changed from ens... to eth0 so after the reboot the vmbr0 did not contain the nic device. Also on a France server I had a grub error (another KVM rental) this was the fix https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/soyoustart-refind-grub-boot-error-upgrading-proxmox-6-to-7.94910/.

Hope this helps

• @chocolateshirt said:

@pinc said:

@zeph said:

Install ifupdown2 first.

Edit: formatting.

Also, disable cloud-init otherwise it fucks around with your hosts and interfaces files, even if you set it to leave etchosts and interfaces alone.

touch /etc/cloud/cloud-init.disabled

Thanked by 3dev_vps Falzo pinc
  • ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

Flash sale over. Thanks all ! :)

• pincpinc Member
    edited October 2021

just to save time for others - installed Buster from SYS template, upgraded to Bullseye, rebooted, changed network to static, disabled cloud-init completely (this did the trick!), rolled proxmox7 over, rebooted once again, it's working.
    Next is failover IP setup but this is the different story I guess.

PS. Kinda strange that SYS template insists on / being RAID1 only.
    PSS. ifupdown2 was automatically installed by proxmox, no need to do it manually.

Thanked by 1einverne
  • @pinc said:
    just to save time for others - installed Buster from SYS template, upgraded to Bullseye, rebooted, changed network to static, disabled cloud-init completely (this did the trick!), rolled proxmox7 over, rebooted once again, it's working.
    Next is failover IP setup but this is the different story I guess.

PS. Kinda strange that SYS template insists on / being RAID1 only.
    PSS. ifupdown2 was automatically installed by proxmox, no need to do it manually.

Yes, if you install PVE 7 the the default is ifupdown2, but if you ise PVE 6.4 you nees to manual install it.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @ninzo59 said:

My order 12201566 still in progress from Oct 14 :(

• bshbsh Member

@snevsky said:

@ninzo59 said:

My order 12201566 still in progress from Oct 14 :(

Which location?

• @bsh said: Which location?

PL

• bshbsh Member

I'll liberate one PL in about ten days :)