Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[So you Start] Flash sale - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[So you Start] Flash sale

Comments

• Bring back the ARMs ffs

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • @ninzo59 said:

@Falzo said:
    @ninzo59 can existing failover IPs that have been used and attached to servers in france also be reassigned to a box in Germany or UK? or does this lead to problems like with public cloud IPs in OVH for instance...

If we talk about an IPFO, and only about servers, normally yes you can move your European IPs between European servers. Thats the case mainly between SYS servers.. ,

sadly your information is not correct and it does NOT work for a failover IP that exists on a server in GRA1 and should be moved to a server in LIM1 (within the same account of course) ...

that's quite disappointing because I asked upfront about it.

Thanked by 3dfroe Ympker RickBakkr
  • @wii747 said:
    Hopefully we get an flash sale soon for kimsufi servers!

I'd love to see some flash sales for Kimsufi too! Even though I only JUST got a KS, I'd love to see some really awesome deals on the KS-1/2/3 :)

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited October 2021

Installing Proxmox with ZFS RAID and then converting it to Proxmox Backup server seems to be the easiest way to go.

But, will it work though?

You can create it with normal raid instal from the template and keep it that way on the root partition then stop md raid on the /var/lib/vz wipe the drives and create a zfs volume using the vz partitions to use it as vm / backup storage

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@Falzo said:

@ninzo59 said:

@Falzo said:
    @ninzo59 can existing failover IPs that have been used and attached to servers in france also be reassigned to a box in Germany or UK? or does this lead to problems like with public cloud IPs in OVH for instance...

If we talk about an IPFO, and only about servers, normally yes you can move your European IPs between European servers. Thats the case mainly between SYS servers.. ,

sadly your information is not correct and it does NOT work for a failover IP that exists on a server in GRA1 and should be moved to a server in LIM1 (within the same account of course) ...

do a ticket and send it PM please

Thanked by 2Falzo Ympker
  • @dahartigan said:

@wii747 said:

I'd love to see some flash sales for Kimsufi too! Even though I only JUST got a KS, I'd love to see some really awesome deals on the KS-1/2/3 :)

The smaller Kimsufi servers fly out of stock so quickly when they become available normally, that I doubt offering a flash sale is worth it. A normal offering is essentially a flash sale!

Sales on the faster units might be more likely. There was a link I bookmarked from a recent thread for an old KS-7-in-canada offer that is for some reason seems to still be valid: https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1804sk181 (caveat: I've not actually tried to order one to see if this really works).

• @MeAtExampleDotCom said:

@dahartigan said:

@wii747 said:

The smaller Kimsufi servers fly out of stock so quickly when they become available normally, that I doubt offering a flash sale is worth it. A normal offering is essentially a flash sale!

Sales on the faster units might be more likely. There was a link I bookmarked from a recent thread for an old KS-7-in-canada offer that is for some reason seems to still be valid: https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1804sk181 (caveat: I've not actually tried to order one to see if this really works).

I started that recent thread lol.. I got the KS-7 for a steal, found it on checkservers.ovh, been running like a charm so far. 100mbit isn't awesome, and the HDD is probably on it's last legs, but for the price, I can't fault it.

Thanked by 2webcraft chedenaz
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

@Falzo said: sadly your information is not correct and it does NOT work for a failover IP that exists on a server in GRA1 and should be moved to a server in LIM1 (within the same account of course) ...

This is also an old bug. I noticed him at the end of 2020. You just need to wait (1-2 hours) and then you can transfer IP from previously purchased servers to this one.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited October 2021

@Vova1234 said:

@Falzo said: sadly your information is not correct and it does NOT work for a failover IP that exists on a server in GRA1 and should be moved to a server in LIM1 (within the same account of course) ...

This is also an old bug. I noticed him at the end of 2020. You just need to wait (1-2 hours) and then you can transfer IP from previously purchased servers to this one.

okay, thanks. I'll give that a try for sure...

I know that within OVH public cloud, you see similar errors, when trying to move IPs from france to germany for instance. I even opened a ticket back in the day about this there only to be told soon™ - afaik it never was made available.

as @ninzo59 suggested I opened a ticket over it now with SYS. just being curious, maybe there is indeed a way or it just takes a bit more time.

obviously that's not a total dealbreaker, with a IPs that only cost a one time fee, but yeah... using proxmox it still would be nice to be able to move full VM including their IPs nevertheless. also it's called FAILOVER for a reason ;-)

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • edited October 2021

@dahartigan said:

@MeAtExampleDotCom said:

@dahartigan said:

@wii747 said:

I started that recent thread lol.. I got the KS-7 for a steal, found it on checkservers.ovh, been running like a charm so far. 100mbit isn't awesome, and the HDD is probably on it's last legs, but for the price, I can't fault it.

Nice. I need to reassess my current infrastructure before taking on much else though I've grabbed one of these SYS units in the UK. It will replace or supplement the machine I have with Hetzner which does mainly backups, some VMs (simple web services (mostly self-hosted-for-my-own/friends-use, languagetool for instance, and a gitlab install that has yet to be put to any real use), mail server). I might like to separate those two jobs which means I'll definitely keep both. I may move a few bits I have elsewhere onto a KS-7 when I finally get around to tidying up.

I've got a franken-KS-1 that I've had for years (nominally a KS-1, but it came with the better Atom, and when the drive had trouble that got replaced it with a larger one). It doesn't do anything irreplaceable (nothing I don't have 2+ drives in (so I can RAID1/RAID1E/RAID10) does) but other than that HD issue it has been a dependable little box for low importance storage & workloads. 100mbit has only once or twice been noticeably limiting for what has been asked of it. There have been occasional times when I've not seen very close to full 100mbit when it might be expected, sometimes less than the ~76mbit of my home line when pretty much all that is happening is transfers between there and me, I'm not sure how much of that is due to shared networking local to it, a peering bottleneck between it and the other end, or the poor li'l CPU struggling, it has never concerned me enough to investigate in great detail.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • How long does it take to deliver the server? On the order page it says 120 seconds, I've been waiting for 6 hours :smile:

• @Hybrid said:
    How long does it take to deliver the server? On the order page it says 120 seconds, I've been waiting for 6 hours :smile:

definitely took only a few minutes, at least for german location.

probably there is something off, is that a new account? maybe they need you to verify/validate first? check your spam folder for potential emails...

Thanked by 1Hybrid
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@ninzo59 said: flash sale

I love flash sales, i hope you get one on KS1 (and stock)

• @Falzo said:

@Hybrid said:
    How long does it take to deliver the server? On the order page it says 120 seconds, I've been waiting for 6 hours :smile:

probably there is something off, is that a new account? maybe they need you to verify/validate first? check your spam folder for potential emails...

No, the account is like a 5years old account, and I already have running servers there.

I bought from France location

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • bshbsh Member

@Hybrid said:

@Falzo said:

@Hybrid said:

No, the account is like a 5years old account, and I already have running servers there.

I bought from France location

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait

Normally a few minutes (if it appears 120s beside location), but now out of stock for FR and UK. I have one in FR waiting.

• I registered a .ovh domain and I have to wait for its delivery like it's a domain what do you need to do to deliver it meanwhile anyone can also register the same domain what happen if someone else also registers the same domain when I have already paid for it?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited October 2021

@codelock said:
    I registered a .ovh domain and I have to wait for its delivery like it's a domain what do you need to do to deliver it meanwhile anyone can also register the same domain what happen if someone else also registers the same domain when I have already paid for it?

tell the name and let's find out!

• I tried to buy dns.ovh, but they payment were refunded & the order were rejected.

• bshbsh Member

@chocolateshirt said:
    I tried to buy dns.ovh, but they payment were refunded & the order were rejected.

Because it is a "bon nom de domaine"

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • @MeAtExampleDotCom said:

@dahartigan said:

@MeAtExampleDotCom said:

@dahartigan said:

@wii747 said:

Nice. I need to reassess my current infrastructure before taking on much else though I've grabbed one of these SYS units in the UK. It will replace or supplement the machine I have with Hetzner which does mainly backups, some VMs (simple web services (mostly self-hosted-for-my-own/friends-use, languagetool for instance, and a gitlab install that has yet to be put to any real use), mail server). I might like to separate those two jobs which means I'll definitely keep both. I may move a few bits I have elsewhere onto a KS-7 when I finally get around to tidying up.

I've got a franken-KS-1 that I've had for years (nominally a KS-1, but it came with the better Atom, and when the drive had trouble that got replaced it with a larger one). It doesn't do anything irreplaceable (nothing I don't have 2+ drives in (so I can RAID1/RAID1E/RAID10) does) but other than that HD issue it has been a dependable little box for low importance storage & workloads. 100mbit has only once or twice been noticeably limiting for what has been asked of it. There have been occasional times when I've not seen very close to full 100mbit when it might be expected, sometimes less than the ~76mbit of my home line when pretty much all that is happening is transfers between there and me, I'm not sure how much of that is due to shared networking local to it, a peering bottleneck between it and the other end, or the poor li'l CPU struggling, it has never concerned me enough to investigate in great detail.

Haha, I think I'd be happy just to see the KS-1 actually be in stock again :)

• Update they finally delivered the domain but I cannot set glue record it encounter some error and I cannot find a single way to contact ovh support

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited October 2021

@Falzo said:

@Vova1234 said:

okay, thanks. I'll give that a try for sure...

I know that within OVH public cloud, you see similar errors, when trying to move IPs from france to germany for instance. I even opened a ticket back in the day about this there only to be told soon™ - afaik it never was made available.

as @ninzo59 suggested I opened a ticket over it now with SYS. just being curious, maybe there is indeed a way or it just takes a bit more time.

obviously that's not a total dealbreaker, with a IPs that only cost a one time fee, but yeah... using proxmox it still would be nice to be able to move full VM including their IPs nevertheless. also it's called FAILOVER for a reason ;-)

just to follow up with this. Captain Obvious from SYS answered my ticket:

The IP Failover can be moved between servers in the same Country. It is specifically limited by our physical network routing and cannot be worked around. In this case one machine is in GRA (France) while the other is in Limburg (Germany).

no real name given, but yeah... whatever.

after all a clear statement. and it does not work to "fail over" to a dedi in another country even within europe.

regarding the tip of @Vova1234 - I'd loved to just wait a bit and meanwhile tried multiple times since yesterday, but it does not work. so most likely not the same thing that you encountered I guess.

however, I can afford to simply buy new addon IPs for the small setup fee. just a bit disappointed, that migrating stuff from france to germany still requires an IP change then.

Thanked by 1Hybrid

@фальцо said: однако я могу позволить себе просто купить новые IP-адреса аддонов за небольшую плату за установку. просто немного разочарован тем, что миграция вещей из Франции в Германию по-прежнему требует смены IP.

What locations do you have servers in? GRA? LIM?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited October 2021

@Vova1234 said:

@фальцо said: однако я могу позволить себе просто купить новые IP-адреса аддонов за небольшую плату за установку. просто немного разочарован тем, что миграция вещей из Франции в Германию по-прежнему требует смены IP.

What locations do you have servers in? GRA? LIM?

yes exactly, and wanted to transfer IP from a server in GRA to the one in LIM...

@Falzo said: yes exactly, and wanted to transfer IP from a server in GRA to the one in LIM...

Cannot be transferred between data centers. This was from the very beginning of the construction of the data center in LIM. Also with ERI, WAW, SYD, SGP.

• @Vova1234 said:

@Falzo said: yes exactly, and wanted to transfer IP from a server in GRA to the one in LIM...

Cannot be transferred between data centers. This was from the very beginning of the construction of the data center in LIM. Also with ERI, WAW, SYD, SGP.

yeah seems like it. I wasn't sure and that's why I asked in the beginning of this topic here again... however, case closed, gonna buy some addon IPs and rethink the migration plans ;-)

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@Falzo's Captain Obvious said:
    The IP Failover can be moved between servers in the same Country.

@Vova1234 said:
    Cannot be transferred between data centers.

So is it possible to move failover IPs between different datacenters within the same country?

If you want to move failover IPs between servers in case some wooden floors catch fire during the night, it would make sense to place one server in GRA and one in RBX - if it's possible to move IPs around France which seems the only country with multiple DCs.

• @ninzo59 said: We have just released a So you Start flash sale

Kimsufi flash sale when bro?

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • FoxelVoxFoxelVox Member
    edited October 2021

Also got some nice freebies in Poland location,

• Xeon D1521 instead of 1520
    • 2666MHz memory vs 2133mhz
    • enterprise grade hgst disks that have run 8k hours
    • Getting 800 down and ~490 up, nice :)
  • @FoxelVox said:
    Also got some nice freebies in Poland location,