Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MyW Server Management Review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MyW Server Management Review

Comments

• @desperand said:

@caniac22 said:

I won't argue with you. I'm totally on myw.pt side here after your last answer.
    You're a problematic toxic client in my opinion, and my opinion is based on your answers. I don't think that "any" businesses want to have such toxic clients for any money. That's why you got a refund.

You’re entitled to your opinion. I am a store manger for a fortune 50 company. My surveys that come out of store are ranked in the top 5th percentile in the company. I understand customer service and meeting the needs for customers. I have certain expectations as a customer and unfortunately my needs weren’t met.

Also I have not received a refund as it’s been 6 days and counting since they offered to refund. They haven’t responded to any of my responses. Again talk about resolution time!

• I'd recommend working out the issues and it would work to the benefit of both of you.

• General recommendations for server management:

1. Avoid Indian providers;
    2. Choose local provider if possible;
    3. Choose managed server instead of decoupled services. Faster problem resolution in general;
    4. Read reviews;
    5. Avoid "only with control panel X" providers;

This will greatly narrow your search as well as chance to bump unacceptable service provider.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2021

@LTniger said:
    General recommendations for server management:

3. Choose managed server instead of decoupled services. Faster problem resolution in general;
    4. Read reviews;

This will greatly narrow your search as well as chance to bump unacceptable service provider.

Since when @MikePT MyW becomes an Indian entity?

Or someone from India just steal your few millions few minutes ago?

Or this is just a side effect of watching too much BBC and CNN?

• @LTniger said: Avoid Indian providers;

Wrong to generalize.

@LTniger said: Choose local provider if possible;

Why restrict yourself to local?

@LTniger said: Choose managed server instead of decoupled services. Faster problem resolution in general;

Disagree. I believe it is best to distribute your providers so you are not putting everything in one basket sort of situation.

@LTniger said: Read reviews;

Sure but with a grain of salt because as you know testimonials and reviews are usually bs and can be automatically generated especially with services like https://www.jarvis.ai/ coming up.

@LTniger said: Avoid "only with control panel X" providers;

It depends whether you have a mix of servers with different control panels or none or just several servers with the same control panel and in this case specialization makes sense.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:

Why?

@Kassem said:
    It depends whether you have a mix of servers with different control panels or none or just several servers with the same control panel and in this case specialization makes sense.

Absolutely.

It will probably become a mix in one case or another after some time, but why should I advertise them all? Specialization matters a lot, but what matters even more to me - it's panel seller's policies. If company overall or main dev is a dick, how and why would I advertise them? I know, business is business, but since I have a luxury of choice.. Same with server providers or data centers. Whole work loses sense if I provide with product I don't believe in or put client's and my own data in places I don't trust. I could just do nothing in that case and I would still survive. Yet idling is not what I'm after.

• @JasonM said:

@TimboJones said: It's the weekend. That wasn't considered an emergency. If you expect weekend or overnight responses, you need to go with a bigger company.

Never in the TOS or contract its written that there's NO SERVICE SUPPORT on weekend.

**Before purchasing the hosting-service @MikePT should have informed it on the Order-Page/Cart-Page that there is NO SUPPORT on weekend if that is so. **

As such, customers will expect support atleast within 6 hours!

If 6 hours also seem too much, then that means its quite de-graded service.

But I'm waiting for like 48 hours now!

I'll rather say avoid MYW.pt services for production sites and use is only for staging sites. It seems its similar to HostSolutions.ro who takes ages to reply to the ticket!

I don't ever recall seeing support hours listed in ToS as an expectation or in practice. It's generally an advertised FEATURE to have 24/7 support and assumed there isn't an SLA if one isn't mentioned. Your wish for 6 hour response time is nice, but laughable for LET providers as a rule.

• @vero said:

@LTniger said:

Why?

To avoid the trained monkeys who can just do simple repetitive steps and instead go for ones with experience and can think from having been exposed to multiple panels.

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited September 2021

@TimboJones said: Your wish for 6 hour response time is nice, but laughable for LET providers as a rule

When chargeback hits (such) LE providers I laugh as a rule.

• @LTniger said:

4. Read reviews;

Someone name LTniger and with that profile picture - ok vro

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • @dosai said:

@LTniger said:

4. Read reviews;

Please address me in PM if you have personal agenda here. Dirty laundry should not be washed in public.

• @LTniger said:

@dosai said:

@LTniger said:

4. Read reviews;

Please address me in PM if you have personal agenda here. Dirty laundry should not be washed in public.

Not sure how mods have turned a blind eye on your account.

Thanked by 2ViridWeb AndrewL64
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2021

Wait till Monday please.

• @JasonM said:

@TimboJones said: Your wish for 6 hour response time is nice, but laughable for LET providers as a rule

When chargeback hits (such) LE providers I laugh as a rule.

Then you're commiting fraud and should be banned from LET, your credit card, and general society. I'm surprised you'd openly state being an asshole so publicly.

• @LTniger said:

@dosai said:

@LTniger said:

4. Read reviews;

Fuck that. Any and all people who think your handle is fucking stupid can post in the forums if they want. Besides, you're only doing it for the attention, anyway. Your explanation for being a Nigerian in Lithuania is by far some stupid shit (it would be LTNigerian if you weren't being a dick).

• @LTniger said: Please address me in PM if you have personal agenda here. Dirty laundry should not be washed in public.

Like how you did?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@LTniger said: Dirty laundry should not be washed in public

I thought you said you are Nigerian? What's wrong with washing dirty laundry in public?
    Surely you've seen that before, it happens in many countries. Unless of course you are trying to make an offensive point with your username, which I believe you are.

• Please stay on the topic dude..

• @Arkas said:

@LTniger said: Dirty laundry should not be washed in public

I thought you said you are Nigerian? What's wrong with washing dirty laundry in public?

Shit stains.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@chocolateshirt said:
    Please stay on the topic dude..

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited September 2021

@LTniger said:

4. Read reviews;

thats fucking discrimination.

take this and come back when u feel better.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • Anyone has a ticket response from @Mikept recently?

• @cybertech said:

@LTniger said:

4. Read reviews;

Did you first say, "hold my beer"? Before saying that?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hey there guys,

I'll be reviewing this today and respond accordingly! :)

• @cybertech said:

@LTniger said:

4. Read reviews;

Discrimination? Always the same argument.

Who is behind Microsoft Scams? Most of them Índia call centers...

Avoiding indian providers is the best way. And @LTniger is just saying the truth. I can't trust in Indian for hosting or Management purposes.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited October 2021

@sandoz said: I can't trust in Indian for hosting or Management purposes.

I have worked over 15 years in jobs where India support technicians was involved as third-party support or just a colleague admins. The main problem is how they perceive their work duties.

They are fast to charge for services, but boy if you suddenly require fast, very competent work - you won't get it. I don't know why, maybe because we are all "madachod" in their eyes.

That's my personal experience and it affected my recommendation. Sorry for being honest. And please don't take it personal and elevate it into "discrimination". You are welcome to prove me wrong by using India based services and being happy.

• @LTniger said:

@sandoz said: I can't trust in Indian for hosting or Management purposes.

I have worked over 15 years in jobs where India support technicians was involved as third-party support or just a colleague admins. The main problem is how they perceive their work duties.

They are fast to charge for services, but boy if you suddenly require fast, very competent work - you won't get it. I don't know why, maybe because we are all "madachod" in their eyes.

That's my personal experience and it affected my recommendation. Sorry for being honest. And please don't take it personal and elevate it into "discrimination". You are welcome to prove me wrong by using India based services and being happy.

I will forever remember hiring a recent immigrant and interview was over the phone. He had the job locked down (he had the experience we needed) but instead of being honest about what he can and cannot do, he simply said he did everything I asked.

We provided a car rental because he said he had his license and could drive. Not only could he not drive, but he didn't say at any point until nearly crashing (drove forward instead of reversing out of parking spot). I've heard "fake it until you make it", but lying about being able to drive and then illegally driving to cover the lie will forever taint my experience with Indians.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ pepa65
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@TimboJones said: but lying about being able to drive and then illegally driving to cover the lie will forever taint my experience with Indians.

So, you're judging over 1 billion people on an interview gone bad by yourself for not asking proof for everything in said interview. Start running your business interviews better.
    I, on the other hand don't have much experience with Indian people, other than I love their food and they are great servers at the restaurants I've been to around the world.