Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ case study: racknerd (marketing, and beyond) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

case study: racknerd (marketing, and beyond)

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@jbiloh said:

@SirFoxy said: I'm just saying your advertising could be way better.

You're a good salesman, but not a good copywriter nor marketer.

Collect leads, build value, focus on relationships and following up.

All love ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'd say there is a difference between the audiences being targeted by each respective ad campaign.

Of course there is. Regardless, the ad is still shit. You have to warm up the leads.

Who says they aren't? That's what I'm confused on... we've been seeing great success.

Two points:

1) Good can always be better.

2) What's your conversion rate for cold leads, first click to an order.

1) Obviously.
    2) VERY good, as you'd imagine. You can see pubicly the traction just within this community.

Nonetheless, nothing further to discuss on that ๐Ÿ˜‰

So what's the percentage?

Are you tracking it with pixels? If so, with what?

The percentage doesn't matter, because that has nothing to do with "warming up a lead". You proposed a landing page, that grabs one's contact information - which has nothing to do with first click to an order... You are simply talking about a lead.

Irrelevant to the order form you actually linked. Like I said, we convert well, we're happy and you too can see that within our threads. ๐Ÿ˜˜

The percentage absolutely matters.

You're dodging the question.

What's your LTV per lead?

Not dodging the question, simply stating that your proposal (landing page) to grasp contact information has nothing to do with an actual first click of order conversion. I'm not opposed to landing pages grasping contact information. I understand leads are valuable, but at the end of the day that's a lead. Again unrelated....

You're now asking for figures, which is OK - but totally offtopic. I won't entertain that, as eager as you may be.

Nope, not asking for figures.

I'm asking for basic marketing fundamentals.

What's the conversion rate of that ad.

What's the long term value of your leads?

Also:

On low ticket products you don't necessarily need a squeeze page, though you'll usually make more money in the long run.

Regardless you need a bridge page, but like I said you're a good salesman not marketer.

Understood - and let's say we didn't track the conversion rate of that specific LET ad? Then what? Does that really matter? Most people actually think it does, sadly.

If a business out of curiosity decided to not measure the conversion rate of an ad - but instead decided to maintain ads that keep them seen in the market, and help the community maintain, is that of any value? We believe it is. Additionally what if that business measured whether their business was actually scaling, by tracking revenue statistics? I'd then recommend that the business continue replicating their success that's actually producing results vs. standard "basic" marketing fundamentals.

You have your own approach, we do too. Happy to know, we look at different things.

You shouldn't run advertising if you aren't tracking it.

You're trying to take the high road about supporting the community when your goal is about money. People like @jsg support the community for free, you wouldn't be here if you didn't profit off of it. People who measure their business as "actually scaling" don't last.

The conclusion is you don't know your basic marketing numbers.

Again, you're a good salesman, but you came at me on a marketing tip.

Business is about money - no one denied that. Of course with that being said, many perks come along with it, friendships and long term relationships with valued customers who help onboard additional. What a great thing.

I'd also say that businesses who measure revenue statistics are the ones who remain healthy and are quickly able to determine if something is going wrong. IMO businesses that solely focus on ad conversions, often times may struggle since conversions aren't always immediate, no matter how good an ad is. Which possibly leads to the cancellation of ads, constant redirection of marketing which eventually leads to confusion within an organization.

We're here because we enjoy the community (just like many LET users are).

Sure our success and conversions are evident, but that isn't the only reason why we are here.

I'm happy to see that you value the conversions of an ad, along with the other basic marketing fundamentals you mentioned. At the end of the day, you're my next hire.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@SirFoxy said: He already said he didn't track it, the point's irrelevant.

Could it be, I don't know, that he says he doesn't track it, again, because he doesn't want to publicly share the data???

• RACKNERD-FREE-VPS

Thanked by 1godslayer
  • @dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@jbiloh said:

All love ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'd say there is a difference between the audiences being targeted by each respective ad campaign.

Of course there is. Regardless, the ad is still shit. You have to warm up the leads.

Who says they aren't? That's what I'm confused on... we've been seeing great success.

Two points:

1) Obviously.
    2) VERY good, as you'd imagine. You can see pubicly the traction just within this community.

The percentage doesn't matter, because that has nothing to do with "warming up a lead". You proposed a landing page, that grabs one's contact information - which has nothing to do with first click to an order... You are simply talking about a lead.

Irrelevant to the order form you actually linked. Like I said, we convert well, we're happy and you too can see that within our threads. ๐Ÿ˜˜

Not dodging the question, simply stating that your proposal (landing page) to grasp contact information has nothing to do with an actual first click of order conversion. I'm not opposed to landing pages grasping contact information. I understand leads are valuable, but at the end of the day that's a lead. Again unrelated....

You're now asking for figures, which is OK - but totally offtopic. I won't entertain that, as eager as you may be.

Also:

On low ticket products you don't necessarily need a squeeze page, though you'll usually make more money in the long run.

Regardless you need a bridge page, but like I said you're a good salesman not marketer.

Understood - and let's say we didn't track the conversion rate of that specific LET ad? Then what? Does that really matter? Most people actually think it does, sadly.

If a business out of curiosity decided to not measure the conversion rate of an ad - but instead decided to maintain ads that keep them seen in the market, and help the community maintain, is that of any value? We believe it is. Additionally what if that business measured whether their business was actually scaling, by tracking revenue statistics? I'd then recommend that the business continue replicating their success that's actually producing results vs. standard "basic" marketing fundamentals.

You have your own approach, we do too. Happy to know, we look at different things.

You're trying to take the high road about supporting the community when your goal is about money. People like @jsg support the community for free, you wouldn't be here if you didn't profit off of it. People who measure their business as "actually scaling" don't last.

Business is about money - no one denied that. Of course with that being said, many perks come along with it, friendships and long term relationships with valued customers who help onboard additional. What a great thing.

I'd also say that businesses who measure revenue statistics are the ones who remain healthy and are quickly able to determine if something is going wrong. IMO businesses that solely focus on ad conversions, often times may struggle since conversions aren't always immediate, no matter how good an ad is. Which possibly leads to the cancellation of ads, constant redirection of marketing which eventually leads to confusion within an organization.

Sure our success and conversions are evident, but that isn't the only reason why we are here.

I'm happy to see that you value the conversions of an ad, along with the other basic marketing fundamentals you mentioned. At the end of the day, you're my next hire.

Yes, connections.

Businesses who focus on ad conversions can determine what ads win and what ads lose. You can continue to track a lead from point A to point Z and see exactly what ad or remarketing campaign converted them. There's no redirection. Copywriting is an art and a science, along with marketing.

You're here because you enjoy money, which I wouldn't have a problem with, but you came at me first and I had to talk shit back.

At the end of the day, by all means hire me if you pay me what I'm worth I'll gladly work for you -- if you pay my price.

Again, I'm a straight shooter, you're a good salesman, but I'm a better marketer.

I wish every man well.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited September 2021

@dustinc
    The only $2 vps from RackNerd โ€ฆ that is stable enough to use as linux desktop (and chart streaming during trading hours)

Just sharing my experience

@dev_vps said:
    @dustinc
    The only $2 vps from RackNerd โ€ฆ that is stable enough to use as linux desktop (and chart streaming during trading hours)

Just sharing my experience

Happy to hear that our service has been treating you well :) if you ever need anything, we're here.

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@jbiloh said:

All love ๐Ÿ˜‰

Two points:

1) Obviously.

Also:

Yes, connections.

Businesses who focus on ad conversions can determine what ads win and what ads lose. You can continue to track a lead from point A to point Z and see exactly what ad or remarketing campaign converted them. There's no redirection. Copywriting is an art and a science, along with marketing.

You're here because you enjoy money, which I wouldn't have a problem with, but you came at me first and I had to talk shit back.

At the end of the day, by all means hire me if you pay me what I'm worth I'll gladly work for you -- if you pay my price.

Again, I'm a straight shooter, you're a good salesman, but I'm a better marketer.

I wish every man well.

Will certainly keep your talent in mind :)

• Interesting, how long this will go. It is 100% going on loss, so when he decide to bank on... i like gorrila style marketing, when it is inovative, provocative and downright bad ass. Current cisnero strategy is primitive, just play on a people greed (moar!). This certainly will end not very well :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@SirFoxy said: Here's an example of a good ad on LET:

I gotta admit, I was curious and signed up to download the white paper. It was a different, interesting approach.

@LTniger said: i like gorrila style marketing, when it is inovative, provocative and downright bad ass.

The phrase is guerilla-style (like the Viet Cong) not gorilla-style (like an ape).

Some fun examples: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/guerilla-marketing-examples

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

RACKNERD-LACKS-IPv6

• @dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@jbiloh said:

All love ๐Ÿ˜‰

Two points:

1) Obviously.

Also:

Yes, connections.

I wish every man well.

that's crazy, other hosts have already reached out solely off this post.

keep my "talent in mind" while others put my talent into practice.

All love ๐Ÿ˜‰

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said: gorrila style marketing

๐Ÿ‘€

• @raindog308 said:

@SirFoxy said: Here's an example of a good ad on LET:

I gotta admit, I was curious and signed up to download the white paper. It was a different, interesting approach.

@LTniger said: i like gorrila style marketing, when it is inovative, provocative and downright bad ass.

The phrase is guerilla-style (like the Viet Cong) not gorilla-style (like an ape).

Some fun examples: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/guerilla-marketing-examples

It's most definitely B2B, not B2C, it's pretty mid but regardless runs laps around most LET hosts.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@jbiloh said:

All love ๐Ÿ˜‰

Two points:

1) Obviously.

Also:

Yes, connections.

I wish every man well.

All love ๐Ÿ˜‰

The power of LowEndTalk clearly at work then. Congrats on the new opportunities.

• @jbiloh said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@jbiloh said:

All love ๐Ÿ˜‰

Two points:

1) Obviously.

Also:

Yes, connections.

I wish every man well.

All love ๐Ÿ˜‰

The power of LowEndTalk clearly at work then. Congrats on the new opportunities.

Move my thread to General or Tutorials.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@SirFoxy said: Move my thread to General or Tutorials.

Done.

• @raindog308 said:

@SirFoxy said: Move my thread to General or Tutorials.

Done.

Thank you, much love.

• As long as Racknerd provides stable services, helpful support, its going to rock :-)

• I dont quite understand the point of this thread, is it flaming racknerd or appreciating it :/

But, as always, i pledge my allegiance(without any incentives) to racknerd for customer centeic behaviour + awesome offers

And

FREE-VPS-GIVEAWAY

Thanked by 2dahartigan lentro
  • FREE-VPS-GIVEAWAY

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

FREE-VPS-GIVEAWAY

RACKNERD-GANG-GANG

• FREE-VPS-GIVEAWAY-GANG

• FREE-VPS-GIVEAWAY-GANG
    RACKNERD-GANG-GANG

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • this thread is for the culture

Thanked by 2mike1s dahartigan
  • FREE-VPS-GIVEAWAY

RACKNERD-GANG-GANG

RackNerd-YYDS

• When does the RackNerd gang fight the FranTech gang?

• @mike1s said:
    When does the RackNerd gang fight the FranTech gang?

Game of Hostsโ„ขยฎ

Thanked by 2godslayer JasonM
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2021

@LTniger said:

@mike1s said:

Game of Hostsโ„ขยฎ

I hope season 8 ends with mzunguhosting as top provider.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @mike1s said:

The Fran "gang" is a bunch of effeminate preteen boys. Hardly a gang.

• @jackb said:

@LTniger said:

@mike1s said:

Game of Hostsโ„ขยฎ

I hope season 8 ends with https://mzunguhosting.ml/ as top provider.

You never know... But I wait for shaming and adult scenes.

Thanked by 1godslayer