Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostmantis won't honor active recurring promotional code - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostmantis won't honor active recurring promotional code

124»

Comments

• Last time I migrated cpanel for two sites like 5 years ago, there were database naming limitations so a bunch of website code for database names needed to be hunted down and fixed. Are there still naming limitations when importing from provider to provider these days? I can see issues like that killing any cost savings moving to other providers and more than just a nameservers update.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2021

As it turns out communication error on my part, but in a good way.

I asked them to activate remote destinations on the wrong account, the account they did activate it for was DirectAdmin. So I guess that answers the question that it is actually available for DA. It does say in JetBackup it is an experimental feature at the moment but still promising.

Although really don't like the storage method used by JetBackup 5.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @TimboJones said:
    Last time I migrated cpanel for two sites like 5 years ago, there were database naming limitations so a bunch of website code for database names needed to be hunted down and fixed. Are there still naming limitations when importing from provider to provider these days? I can see issues like that killing any cost savings moving to other providers and more than just a nameservers update.

Never experienced that, although you could migrate and change your hosts file or use skipdns to preview and just not proceed if it dosen't work.

• verdverd Member

@yokowasis
    Have you decide which provider you choose to replace hostmantis?
    Want to know about it too

• @verd said:
    @yokowasis
    Have you decide which provider you choose to replace hostmantis?
    Want to know about it too

I decided to try myw and nexusbytes

Thanked by 1verd
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Lee said:
    SSH/Rsync is still a hassle vs simply adding your own destination to JetBackup.

No what I meant is Jetbackup using the SSH option, works with Rsync.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @JasonM said: I know the reason for them being fastest: The myip database reveals that they host sites mostly (90%) static ones which do not receive even 50 visitors per day and have Alexa ranking of 10,000,000+ that means negligible traffic! So the servers breathe easy.

Many users have written over the internet about them that The moment you gain traffic they'll suspend your account for using (abusing: in their words) resources.

So Host keep the money & suspend the account = less users per server = servers are fast = good reviews from idlers = more signups... that's the trap!

I think it's true, 2 of my account got suspended over resource abuse. website getting just 2k hit per day.