Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostmantis won't honor active recurring promotional code - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostmantis won't honor active recurring promotional code

Comments

• @Ympker said:

@Stryp said:

@Ympker said:

@FAT32 said:
    @Ympker You should stop recommending Hostmantis for their unprofessional behavior. I was also a victim using their service and they oversold their storage a lot (Node storage is always above 90%).

I also urge people to reflect it on TrustPilot or equivalent, I am surprised their TrustPilot score is so high.

I have removed them from my Shared Hosting Chart a while ago, already. Ethically I can't recommend them, performance wise they are, unfortunately, really good. I don't really recommend them much these days anymore, though. I don't use the reseller I have there much anymore. Just one website, which is from a family member and it just runs fine and also is kinda big (6GB bc of non-cdn media..). I just keep this one for that website only atm. Maybe one day, I'll move it. If that website is ever moved, I'll let the plan expire. If they remove the 25% discount, I'll move it, too.

I still have a simple shared account with them and because it has unlimited domains, I host all my domains (and my email) there. 99,8% uptime over the last 30 days. Paid till May of '22 but after that, it is 10x the price I paid, so I will be moving.

10x.. Damn. Their smallest DA shared hosting plan with 25GB NVMe (and unlimited Domains) is only about 18$/y (with cPanel 35$/y), though. Still might be better to move :)

Yeah, MyW has a shared hosting plan for €12,5+VAT/year and they help with migration, I believe there will be great offers when the time comes. And I'm not a heavy user, 728 MB of space and 103 MB of bandwidth in the past month. Idling shared hosting, a new low.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • dgc1980dgc1980 Member
    edited August 2021

I am happy with my lifetime reseller offer from @MikePT I only use it for a couple of small sites, but it has been well worth it.

I was a member of HostMantis before the cPanel hike, but moved from them when they limited the amount of accounts I could make and removed my coupon., not lowered the discount.

edit: SP.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2021

@dgc1980 said:
    I am happy with my lifetime reseller offer from @MitePT I only use it for a couple of small sites, but it has been well worth it.

I was a member of HostMantis before the cPanel hike, but moved from them when they limited the amount of accounts I could make and removed my coupon., not lowered the discount.

@Stryp said:

@Ympker said:

@Stryp said:

@Ympker said:

@FAT32 said:
    @Ympker You should stop recommending Hostmantis for their unprofessional behavior. I was also a victim using their service and they oversold their storage a lot (Node storage is always above 90%).

I also urge people to reflect it on TrustPilot or equivalent, I am surprised their TrustPilot score is so high.

I have removed them from my Shared Hosting Chart a while ago, already. Ethically I can't recommend them, performance wise they are, unfortunately, really good. I don't really recommend them much these days anymore, though. I don't use the reseller I have there much anymore. Just one website, which is from a family member and it just runs fine and also is kinda big (6GB bc of non-cdn media..). I just keep this one for that website only atm. Maybe one day, I'll move it. If that website is ever moved, I'll let the plan expire. If they remove the 25% discount, I'll move it, too.

I still have a simple shared account with them and because it has unlimited domains, I host all my domains (and my email) there. 99,8% uptime over the last 30 days. Paid till May of '22 but after that, it is 10x the price I paid, so I will be moving.

10x.. Damn. Their smallest DA shared hosting plan with 25GB NVMe (and unlimited Domains) is only about 18$/y (with cPanel 35$/y), though. Still might be better to move :)

Yeah, MyW has a shared hosting plan for €12,5+VAT/year and they help with migration, I believe there will be great offers when the time comes. And I'm not a heavy user, 728 MB of space and 103 MB of bandwidth in the past month. Idling shared hosting, a new low.

Also very happy with @MikePT Lifetime plan :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@buzzyLET said:
    Don't screw with these guys. Wayyy back when I got into Lowend hosting they were offering even more unsustainable deals. I recommended them to friends even. Their support was super rude to me and led to me and the friends I'd invited to leave the service and ask for a refund. At the time on LET it was all suck it up, whatever, aaand then they started with theirs shady billing practices that just keep getting worse.

A lot of people on LET will defend rude providers and tell customers to get over it or whatever but in my experience every time I've noticed that happening (HostDoc is one I can remember) things always go south afterwards.

It's not just good business to be accountable and treat your customers with respect. Providers acting like this are usually indicative of deeper issues and are a red flag for the business being shady in the future.

I can recommend @MikePT whole hearteadly due to this. He's always so positive and kind in his messages here and I feel totally comfortable with the service in terms of accountability going forward.

Thanks mate!! That's a very sweet post! We appreciate it. We are a very small company but do have passion for what we do and for our customers!

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Ympker said:

@dgc1980 said:
    I am happy with my lifetime reseller offer from @MitePT I only use it for a couple of small sites, but it has been well worth it.

@Stryp said:

@Ympker said:

@Stryp said:

@Ympker said:

@FAT32 said:

You're always very supportive ❤️

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2021

@MikePT said:

@Ympker said:

@dgc1980 said:

@Stryp said:

@Ympker said:

@Stryp said:

@Ympker said:

@FAT32 said:

You're always very supportive ❤️

Same to you, mate ♥️

• I'm emgh, the dude that couldn't shut up about the Hostmantis fiasco back in 2019 and got perma-banned with no warning for it.

I just want to say that there was definitely shady business going on, I wasn't getting any warning that I'd get banned, or temp-banned, until I submitted a ticket to the Lowendtalk Helpdesk, asking why Hostmantis got a provider tag while not meeting the requirements (only offering shared hosting was against the rules).

They proceeded to remove my ticket and delete my account.

• I'm actually quite happy with my DirectAdmin service at HostMantis. Very speedy, virtually no downtime. Pricing is alright too. Didn't use a 90%, 75% or even 50% coupon. Just 25% off.

Of course, I'm still cautious in recommending it, because you'll never know what you'll pay next year.

However, this is a prime example of the Low End hosting market. We want everything for the lowest price possible, even if it isn't sustainable. We all flock to these providers, just to find out pricing was, actually, unsustainable. Either they deadpool or raise their pricing to keep alive.

A provider that does the latter is an evil moneygrabbing corporate and loses alle LE customers. But that might be better for them anyway. There's a lot more cash in the mainstream market and as for Hostmantis, I think they will keep enough customers without Lowenders.

Thanked by 1HostMantis
  • @debaser said:
    I'm actually quite happy with my DirectAdmin service at HostMantis. Very speedy, virtually no downtime. Pricing is alright too. Didn't use a 90%, 75% or even 50% coupon. Just 25% off.

Of course, I'm still cautious in recommending it, because you'll never know what you'll pay next year.

However, this is a prime example of the Low End hosting market. We want everything for the lowest price possible, even if it isn't sustainable. We all flock to these providers, just to find out pricing was, actually, unsustainable. Either they deadpool or raise their pricing to keep alive.

A provider that does the latter is an evil moneygrabbing corporate and loses alle LE customers. But that might be better for them anyway. There's a lot more cash in the mainstream market and as for Hostmantis, I think they will keep enough customers without Lowenders.

The issue wasn't their constant price increase, it was their way of lying through it all and at the beginning even denying raising prices, saying that they wouldn't have to do it if it wasn't for cPanel.

We can clearly that they still haven't grown up, and that they still refuse to admit any wrong-doing when just removing this guy's promotion without saying a word and later continue to refusing this and admitting of no wrong-doing.

Hostmantis will never be respected, simply because it's a child that never grows up.

• @woohoo said: Hostmantis will never be respected, simply because it's a child that never grows up.

Can be your conclusion, but it isn't mine. My conlcusion is that Hostmantis doesn't want LE customers with 90% or 50% off coupons anymore. I agree that this will be lying, but it's with reason.

Thanked by 1woohoo
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

They rocket hiked the CPanel's by 40%+.
    What the fuck do you expect?

Besides, if a Provider dosen't honor a recurrings coupon, I demand ban on LET for offers cat.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited August 2021

@debaser said:

How about the fact that they supposedly offering 25 accounts, but limit to 10 accounts and still raise the price? (Existing customers pay the same as new customers but with 15 accounts less)

A lot of their practices are questionable and keep silent until it is being found out.

• iqbaliqbal Member
    edited August 2021

yes, I'm also was their client since 2014. but i moved away from them after 2nd price hiked.

just move away from them, for good. it is worthed tho.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @debaser said:

@woohoo said: Hostmantis will never be respected, simply because it's a child that never grows up.

Can be your conclusion, but it isn't mine. My conlcusion is that Hostmantis doesn't want LE customers with 90% or 50% off coupons anymore. I agree that this will be lying, but it's with reason.

as I said, in the first page. I just want them to tell the truth. Just say "Yes, we lie about that", and I am good.

• The coupon will be honoured only if you upgrade. Everyone was placed automatically in the middle plan last year. Most probably, everyone will choose to downgrade to entry reseller this year. In that time, it will show "You are not entitled for a recurring coupon if you downgrade".

If you open a ticket, an almost rude reply can be expected which will ask you to shut up and leave if you don't like their prices.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @FAT32 said:

@debaser said:

How about the fact that they supposedly offering 25 accounts, but limit to 10 accounts and still raise the price? (Existing customers pay the same as new customers but with 15 accounts less)

Sounds sketchy, yes.

• @Intelpentium0 said:
    The coupon will be honoured only if you upgrade. Everyone was placed automatically in the middle plan last year. Most probably, everyone will choose to downgrade to entry reseller this year. In that time, it will show "You are not entitled for a recurring coupon if you downgrade".

If you open a ticket, an almost rude reply can be expected which will ask you to shut up and leave if you don't like their prices.

Not me, I choose to upgrade.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2021

@debaser said:
    I'm actually quite happy with my DirectAdmin service at HostMantis. Very speedy, virtually no downtime. Pricing is alright too. Didn't use a 90%, 75% or even 50% coupon. Just 25% off.

Like I said earlier. As far as performance goes, they are probably (among) the fastest shared host I know. Ethically, that is another story. Still, that 17$/year 25GB NVMe anually shared hosting plan will certainly be quite performant. On the tech side of things, I was always quite impressed with them. I would not recommend them anymore these days, though.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @MikePT said:

@buzzyLET said:
    Don't screw with these guys. Wayyy back when I got into Lowend hosting they were offering even more unsustainable deals. I recommended them to friends even. Their support was super rude to me and led to me and the friends I'd invited to leave the service and ask for a refund. At the time on LET it was all suck it up, whatever, aaand then they started with theirs shady billing practices that just keep getting worse.

A lot of people on LET will defend rude providers and tell customers to get over it or whatever but in my experience every time I've noticed that happening (HostDoc is one I can remember) things always go south afterwards.

It's not just good business to be accountable and treat your customers with respect. Providers acting like this are usually indicative of deeper issues and are a red flag for the business being shady in the future.

I can recommend @MikePT whole hearteadly due to this. He's always so positive and kind in his messages here and I feel totally comfortable with the service in terms of accountability going forward.

Thanks mate!! That's a very sweet post! We appreciate it. We are a very small company but do have passion for what we do and for our customers!

It shows and I support you!! If anyone wants a model of how a provider should be handling customer service and public issues here on LET it's @MikePT :) accountability and positivity go a long way!

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited August 2021

@Ympker said: Like I said earlier. As far as performance goes, they are probably (among) the fastest shared host I know.

I know the reason for them being fastest: The myip database reveals that they host sites mostly (90%) static ones which do not receive even 50 visitors per day and have Alexa ranking of 10,000,000+ that means negligible traffic! So the servers breathe easy.

Many users have written over the internet about them that The moment you gain traffic they'll suspend your account for using (abusing: in their words) resources.

So Host keep the money & suspend the account = less users per server = servers are fast = good reviews from idlers = more signups... that's the trap!

• why support a morally bankrupt company?

there are people who honestly need your help to pay for furnitures. help them instead.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • JasonMJasonM Member
    edited August 2021

@MikePT said: Thanks mate!! That's a very sweet post! We appreciate it. We are a very small company but do have passion for what we do and for our customers!

@notarobo said: there are people who honestly need your help to pay for furnitures. help them instead.

I like Mike's transparency! Such businesses attract more loyalty from patrons.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @notarobo said:
    why support a morally bankrupt company?

there are people who honestly need your help to pay for furnitures. help them instead.

Already got a lifetime with @MikePT ♥️😁

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@woohoo said:
    I'm emgh, the dude that couldn't shut up about the Hostmantis fiasco back in 2019 and got perma-banned with no warning for it.

Well, I recall that you were acting insufferably back then, and you simply wouldn't let go of the bone (despite requests for you to let go of it).

The current issue with HM is a bit different. Back then, it was the cPanel price hike that was the cause, which was (more or less) understandable, but this time, HM's behavior isn't motivated by a cPanel price hike.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • JioJio Member

There are ways to do this professionally rather than scam next pamynet though. Could offer migration to directadmin. Could explain the cost hike and ask you to merge sites into accounts on reseller. Could pass through per account charge

Instead nope just remove discount completely have fun with your 1000% bill ?

• LeeLee Veteran

I use HM for a few small personal sites, they are one of the best in terms of overall performance and support. They are not going to win any communication awards, no doubt about that.

Things like a 1000% bill, yeah, I get it. Go back a couple of years and it all looks very dubious as coupons and historic deals are removed. They are not the only ones.

Today if you look at their prices in isolation of past deals and what you get for it, they are competitive and those prices are not unreasonable.

The bottom line, their biggest failure is communication. Everything else, fine.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @angstrom said: Well, I recall that you were acting insufferably back then

Yes.

@angstrom said: Back then, it was the cPanel price hike that was the cause

No.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2021

Am I allowed to post shared offers under this account since I had @hostup before @FAT32 ?

If so I will gladly make a truely lowend premium boomer host shared offering to make up for hostmantis price increases

"You have to have been registered on LET for 6 months and have 30 non-spammy posts before posting shared hosting offers.". Technically I have been registered on LET for almost two years just not under this account

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited August 2021

@ezeth said:
    Am I allowed to post shared offers under this account since I had hostup before FAT32 ?

If so I will gladly make a truely lowend premium boomer host shared offering to make up for hostmantis price increases

"You have to have been registered on LET for 6 months and have 30 non-spammy posts before posting shared hosting offers.". Technically I have been registered on LET for almost two years just not under this account

Definitely. All providers can post both shared / normal offers, one thread every 10 days.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

@FAT32 said:

@ezeth said:
    Am I allowed to post shared offers under this account since I had hostup before FAT32 ?

Definitely. All providers can post both shared / normal offers, one thread every 10 days.

That's awesome. I'm thinking about getting ApisCP setup. It seems great.