SmallWeb Has Been Acquired By NexusBytes LLC
Hi friends at LET,
This is a copy of an email which has been and is being sent to customers of SmallWeb tonight.
I’m Michael from SmallWeb. You might know me by name and may have talked with me through our support system or you may not know me at all. I started SmallWeb as a personal project two years ago now and it has grown so much farther than I could have imagined since then. What began as reselling limited plans to friends turned into a company with over half a dozen service locations and hundreds of customers.
I’m very proud of what I’ve created and now that we have been an active brand in the community for these years it is sadly time for me to step down and pass the torch on to somebody who won’t just maintain the brand, but improve it and grow it to levels that I unfortunately cannot do by myself.
As of 1st August 2021, SmallWeb will become a part of NexusBytes LLC and your service contracts will be managed by NexusBytes LLC going forward. If you’re a member of the low end (and even premium end) hosting community, you should already be familiar with NexusBytes so you’ll know that you’re in safe hands going forward and your experience is only going to get better from here.
Here are some important notes for you regarding this transfer to NexusBytes LLC:
- SmallWeb will now be managed by its own team, something I never had and always needed to take the brand to the next level.
- SmallWeb will remain a separate brand for NexusBytes. However, if you wish to have your account moved over to the NexusBytes client area then the team will be happy to help!
- The SmallWeb portal will remain the same and no immediate changes are required on your end. If you were subscribed via PayPal we advise you to re-create your subscription.
- Web-hosting services will be or have been converted to use the Enterprise version of the LiteSpeed web server instead of OpenLiteSpeed for a more premium experience and enhanced features.
- CloudLinux has been reactivated on all of our servers to provide additional features such as the PHP selector, management of Node.JS and Python applications and much more.
- Web hosting services now include the SitePad website builder completely free of charge!
- All existing reseller hosting customers are now eligible for a free Blesta license!
I want to thank everyone who followed me on this journey, gave advice, helped me or purchased a plan during my tenure and I want you to know that things are only going to go up from here.
While I have no plans on being a hosting provider again - I’ll still remain a part of the community so please do say hello if you see me about 😊
If you have any questions regarding this transition process please do get in touch and you’ll be taken care of.
It's been a wild ride and I appreciate every single one of you!