Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MLNL.HOST - Rebranding and new NAT Offers ($1) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MLNL.HOST - Rebranding and new NAT Offers ($1)

Comments

• $3 p/m for NAT VPS is too rich for me

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@drakula said:
    $3 p/m for NAT VPS is too rich for me

It's a 'Premium' service :-)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@drakula said:

@randvegeta said:

@drakula said:

Honestly, given netflix/etc work on their IP's and it's in HK, $3/month is probably a pretty damn cheap deal.

Francisco

Thanked by 2randvegeta bsh

@Francisco said:

@drakula said:

@randvegeta said:

@drakula said:

Honestly, given netflix/etc work on their IP's and it's in HK, $3/month is probably a pretty damn cheap deal.

Francisco

For NAT it's not cheap. But it's also not crap, which is usally what NAT VPS are. Bottom of the barrel stuff.

This is somewhat of an experiment though. Throw good resources at this product and see if it stick and has a market.

A lot of people, especially from China, buy our services purely to use as a VPN. Why do they need a dedicated IP for that? They don't... So I thought let's give it a try. Try and make it good rather than make it cheap.

• @randvegeta said:

@Francisco said:

@drakula said:

@randvegeta said:

@drakula said:

Francisco

For NAT it's not cheap. But it's also not crap, which is usally what NAT VPS are. Bottom of the barrel stuff.

This is somewhat of an experiment though. Throw good resources at this product and see if it stick and has a market.

A lot of people, especially from China, buy our services purely to use as a VPN. Why do they need a dedicated IP for that? They don't... So I thought let's give it a try. Try and make it good rather than make it cheap.

The Chinese need dedicated IP as opposed to shared because all it takes is 1 mjj to get the IP blocked by the mighty mjj wall of China and then you're facing changing the IP just to keep the mjj happy.

Your high price will probably scare away Chinese mjjs from China anyway so maybe a moot point?

@dahartigan said:

@randvegeta said:

@Francisco said:

@drakula said:

@randvegeta said:

@drakula said:

Francisco

The Chinese need dedicated IP as opposed to shared because all it takes is 1 mjj to get the IP blocked by the mighty mjj wall of China and then you're facing changing the IP just to keep the mjj happy.

Your high price will probably scare away Chinese mjjs from China anyway so maybe a moot point?

Also kind of the idea.

$3-$7 is en par with a lot of VPN providers. So I dont see why this wold be any less appealing.

• @randvegeta said:

@dahartigan said:

@randvegeta said:

@Francisco said:

@drakula said:

@randvegeta said:

@drakula said:

Francisco

Also kind of the idea.

$3-$7 is en par with a lot of VPN providers. So I dont see why this wold be any less appealing.

Because the mjjs are good at math, sir.

• pikepike Veteran

@dahartigan said:
    Because the mjjs are good at math, sir.

uwu racist

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • xreann20xreann20 Member
    edited July 2021

I am always looking for failover proxies, I got many vms from a lot of provider here. But yea also a lot from ovh because of ddos protection, you mentioned ddos protection sooo, do you have monthly for those ddos protected ones?

@randvegeta shine me some light, thanks!

P.S nothing illegal, proxy for a tcp server :)

Thanked by 1randvegeta

@xreann20 said:
    I am always looking for failover proxies, I got many vms from a lot of provider here. But yea also a lot from ovh because of ddos protection, you mentioned ddos protection sooo, do you have monthly for those ddos protected ones?

Yes we do. Not NAT though. Check the first post. At the bottom. Those are DDoS Protected offers.

Thanked by 1xreann20
  • jayjayjayjay Member, Host Rep

@xreann20 said:

@xreann20 Did you get what you needed? Let us know if you have any questions

• Am I missing something here? If I need to pay $3/m isn't it cheaper to go with OVH. They give 2GB RAM and ~15GB storage for $3.5/m

• xetsysxetsys Member

@seeder101 said:
    Am I missing something here? If I need to pay $3/m isn't it cheaper to go with OVH. They give 2GB RAM and ~15GB storage for $3.5/m

Are they in hongkong?

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @seeder101 said:
    Am I missing something here?

Yes, you are missing the location - Hong Kong

If I need to pay $3/m isn't it cheaper to go with OVH. They give 2GB RAM and ~15GB storage for $3.5/m

But not in HK

@seeder101 said:
    Am I missing something here? If I need to pay $3/m isn't it cheaper to go with OVH. They give 2GB RAM and ~15GB storage for $3.5/m

Link?
    AFAIK OVH don't have VPS's in Hong Kong, but they offer low latency VPS's to Hong Kong (e.g. from their Singapore DC)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

OVH is "everywhere" - proof below.

But yeah, obviously they're not in HK :joy:

• seeder101seeder101 Member
    edited July 2021

@jayjay said:

@seeder101 said:

Link?
    AFAIK OVH don't have VPS's in Hong Kong, but they offer low latency VPS's to Hong Kong (e.g. from their Singapore DC)

Hey, ya. Didn't see the location. OVH offers that in Singapore. If Hong Kong then Alibaba gives similar to your VPS at ~$1.7/m link

@seeder101 said:

@jayjay said:

@seeder101 said:

Link?

Hey, ya. Didn't see the location. OVH offers that in Singapore. If Hong Kong then Alibaba gives similar to your VPS at ~$1.7/m link

In this case, NAT has the benefit of using an IP that belongs to a large ISP, instead of a DC. That makes a difference because you can get access to numerous HK based media services that may not work with DC IPs.

For example, some of the TV stations in HK have online streaming services but they limit access to HK ISP IPs. Most hosting providers who have their own IPs cannot access such services.

HK residential IPs have access to other online services and apps which may not work on DC or foreign IPs. There's some online banks that restrict access to domestic IPs.. All kinds of reasons.

In this case, access to the ISP IP is what makes the service valuable. It's not what makes it cheaper. Although it is technically cheaper in some respects.

We are also adding multiple links, both for load sharing and redudnancy purposes. This means you will be able to access your server from multiple IPs, as well as be able to access online services from multiple HK IPs.

It's a niche product.

We'll also be offering storage server over NAT at some point. You know.. for torrenting and the like.... to build up a private Linux distro library of course.

Thanked by 1jayjay
    edited July 2021

@DP said:
    OVH is "everywhere" - proof below.

But yeah, obviously they're not in HK :joy:

Yep, it's coincidentally misleading... I wonder why :smile:

@seeder101 said:

@jayjay said:

@seeder101 said:

Link?

• 1.7$ plan is annual only, so ~20$/year upfront.
    • If monthly its 2.5$/month which amounts to 30$/year (the same as us).

Alibaba offers more disk space (which we offer on other plans, the NAT VMs just don't need them) but the peak bandwidth on their VPS is 4 Mbit/s. Can't find details about their line

Aaand what @randvegeta said above

• xetsysxetsys Member

@seeder101 said:

@jayjay said:

@seeder101 said:

Link?

From the FAQ:

//What is the peak bandwidth of Simple Application Server? Can this be modified?
    The maximum peak bandwidth of Simple Application Server instances is 30Mbps. This cannot be modified by the user. If you need higher peak bandwidth, we suggest you purchase ECS separately and set the peak bandwidth up to 200Mbps.//

30Mbps is pretty slow in this day and age. Really wished they had at least 100Mbps.

@xetsys said:

@seeder101 said:

@jayjay said:

@seeder101 said:

Link?

From the FAQ:

//What is the peak bandwidth of Simple Application Server? Can this be modified?
    The maximum peak bandwidth of Simple Application Server instances is 30Mbps. This cannot be modified by the user. If you need higher peak bandwidth, we suggest you purchase ECS separately and set the peak bandwidth up to 200Mbps.//

30Mbps is pretty slow in this day and age. Really wished they had at least 100Mbps.

More detail here https://www.alibabacloud.com/product/swas/pricing?spm=a3c0i.11085497.5209164080.1.59955a81EwBaqw

Cheapest plan has a 4Mbit/s peak bandwidth

1. No IPv6, cannot host website.
    2. The shared IPv4 address has been blocked by GFW.
    3. No guarantee the accessibility of China.
    4. No guarantee that the blocked IP address will be replaced.

Your NAT product is not suitable for Chinese MJJs, especially the high price and high risk.

Thanked by 3yoursunny notarobo b0lt
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@abiaolaoge said: Your NAT product is not suitable for Chinese MJJs, especially the high price and high risk.

No one's forcing them to buy.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2021

@abiaolaoge said:

Your NAT product is not suitable for Chinese MJJs, especially the high price and high risk.

I could have told you this, 3 weeks ago.
    It was a matter of time until the IP got blocked, especially since its NAT.

The GFW does handshakes with destination servers, to figure out, which protocol that is.
    If someone, uses a well known protocol, banned.

edit: 5 years old but interesting.

Thanked by 1abiaolaoge

@abiaolaoge said:

1. Why can’t you host a website if it doesn’t have IPv6?

2. We have a backup IP for China connectivity and customers are using it, without any issues so far.

3. / 4. True, we have no control over when they block the IP but with the shared IP and a backup we’re in a good position. We should be able to get new IPs too depending on how soon they get blocked 😂

Thanked by 1abiaolaoge

Because NAT cannot provide port 80 or 443.
    If you provide a unique IPv6 address for each NAT server, customers can host their website through Cloudflare.

Thanked by 2yoursunny notarobo
  • When will the money be returned to me

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@abiaolaoge said:

Because NAT cannot provide port 80 or 443.
    If you provide a unique IPv6 address for each NAT server, customers can host their website through Cloudflare.

@randvegeta do you have HA proxy installed?

@abiaolaoge said: Your NAT product is not suitable for Chinese MJJs, especially the high price and high risk.

Good!

@abiaolaoge said: If you provide a unique IPv6 address for each NAT server, customers can host their website through Cloudflare.

We do actually have IPv6... it could be included. It's just a pain when people don't know how to use it and open up a bazillion support tickets because they don't understand how it works.

@Billyham07 said: When will the money be returned to me

For you? Never! You're banned. You've already been warned. Don't come back. You're not welcome.

@skorupion said: @randvegeta do you have HA proxy installed?

No

• JioJio Member

@randvegeta said: We do actually have IPv6... it could be included. It's just a pain when people don't know how to use it and open up a bazillion support tickets because they don't understand how it works.

Kick them without refund for wasting staff time.

This discussion has been closed.