Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚡ GreenCloud⚡ Ryzen Threadripper™ ⚡ 10Gbps port ⚡NVMe 4.0 ⚡USA/EU/APAC ⚡ - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

⚡ GreenCloud⚡ Ryzen Threadripper™ ⚡ 10Gbps port ⚡NVMe 4.0 ⚡USA/EU/APAC ⚡

1234568»

Comments

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited August 2021

@m247 said:
    @NDTN I just suggest that you add other linux distributions and update the fedora 28 version to fedora 34! I felt offended when I made a suggestion and you offered to refund me!

friend, u now have the choice to get a refund which is perfect for non performance to ur standard.

again i admire ur persistance and hope u take this money go to PR and help fight for netboot ISO! I will be grateful.

otherwise accept it and stop bumping , im monitoring this thread for new deal.

• m247m247 Member

@fbmy said:
    Hey man, this is not a customer support place.
    @NDTN decide, not you.
    Your behavior does not seem suggestive, but forcing him.
    If you really don't want to continue the service, just ask for a refund.

I sought technical support to solve the problem, but the problem was not solved! Instead I received a refund response! This is the end of the discussion, I abide by the contract and will not ask for a refund.

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited August 2021

@m247 said:

@fbmy said:
    @NDTN decide, not you.

I sought technical support to solve the problem, but the problem was not solved! Instead I received a refund response! This is the end of the discussion, I abide by the contract and will not ask for a refund.

Prodiver already said that they don't support to upload custom ISO from their side.

This is low end host, you take what you pay. They also provide refund for you.

That's just not a simple ISO, if they accept your request, they will have to accept another, or another customers will also come here and complaining.

Think about every (low end) customer will ask them to upload custom ISO to fit there needs.

Take refunded money and find a prodiver that offer custom ISO, that's so easy.

Thanked by 2bdl bulbasaur
  • m247m247 Member

@giang said:

@m247 said:

@fbmy said:
    @NDTN decide, not you.

Prodiver already said that they don't support to upload custom ISO from their side.

That's just not a simple ISO, if they accept your request, they will have to accept another, or another customers will also come here and complaining.

Think about every (low end) customer will ask them to upload custom ISO to fit there needs.

The ISO list is a list of shared resources! Everyone can use this resource list to choose the Linux distribution that suits them! Because they don't want users to use windows on their KVM host, they also refuse to upload other linux versions for users!

@brian777 said:

@NDTN said:

@brian777 said:
    It will be very helpful if you put netboot.xyz iso on iso options, ​it's very small but already contain many distributions that most people need, i am sure not just me that wont bother tech support to mount specific iso files.

We have quite a lot of isos available via SolusVM Control Panel that you can mount already.
    For the netboot.xyz iso, it will generate more support time and most of the requests for mounting iso are Windows iso - which is not allowed on our KVM VPS.

I can see that the reason i ask this not because windows, i also don't see windows as good server OS, and even without the iso i can install windows on it if i really want to, it just if you can see on the list there is bunch of other OS distro's and useful utilities packed into liveCD's, it's just no way if ask the support to mount it 1 by 1. By the way don't get me wrong it's just my suggestion. ☺

@giang Look here, brother,iSO is a shared list!This means that everyone can choose the Linux version that suits them!

• They have already told you no. Are you gonna post the same arguments over and over again until they say yes?

Also, did anyone tell you that using so many exclamation marks is annoying as hell?

• m247m247 Member

@caracal said:
    They have already told you no. Are you gonna post the same arguments over and over again until they say yes?

Also, did anyone tell you that using so many exclamation marks is annoying as hell?

I stopped the discussion, but kept getting replies! I hope everyone can also stop the discussion on this topic! thanks

Thanked by 1caracal
  • gianggiang Veteran

@m247 said:

@giang said:

@m247 said:

@fbmy said:
    @NDTN decide, not you.

The ISO list is a list of shared resources! Everyone can use this resource list to choose the Linux distribution that suits them! Because they don't want users to use windows on their KVM host, they also refuse to upload other linux versions for users!

@brian777 said:

@NDTN said:

@brian777 said:
    It will be very helpful if you put netboot.xyz iso on iso options, ​it's very small but already contain many distributions that most people need, i am sure not just me that wont bother tech support to mount specific iso files.

We have quite a lot of isos available via SolusVM Control Panel that you can mount already.
    For the netboot.xyz iso, it will generate more support time and most of the requests for mounting iso are Windows iso - which is not allowed on our KVM VPS.

I can see that the reason i ask this not because windows, i also don't see windows as good server OS, and even without the iso i can install windows on it if i really want to, it just if you can see on the list there is bunch of other OS distro's and useful utilities packed into liveCD's, it's just no way if ask the support to mount it 1 by 1. By the way don't get me wrong it's just my suggestion. ☺

@giang Look here, brother,iSO is a shared list!This means that everyone can choose the Linux version that suits them!

My last respone.

You are thinking at the wrong direction.

The ISO is free but the time provider will spend to upload it for every customer is not. And this is the reason they don’t allow it from the beginning.

You asked for Fedora, other customer will ask for another ISO.

And then people will get a lot of ISO to install. Then what if they got problem with those ISO? Customers will ask provider to help…

And so on…

Thanked by 2bdl NDTN
  • @brueggus said:

Well, he did not read the welcome email that contain his SolusVM account..

• @chocolateshirt said:

@brueggus said:

Reading is hard

Thanked by 2chocolateshirt bdl
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited August 2021

@vyas11 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@brueggus said:

Reading is hard

template isn't ISO. that's what he's gonna say... 🤷‍♂️

judging a provider solely by his willingness to accomodate the wishes for offering an ISO seems bullshit though.

their support told (obviously also in a timely manner) that they won't do it. there are alternatives.
    getting butthurt over havin a request rejected won't help and only paints a certain picture about the client and not the provider... especially when done desperately in a public forum.

about to go into the third year of services with @NDTN and can only say they are very stable and servers offer decent performance, so far only one small downtime where the support answered within minutes and took care. nothing to complain, awesome value for the money.

Thanked by 3bdl NDTN bulbasaur
  • cazrzcazrz Member
    edited August 2021

@NDTN
    Just bought in JAX and will be buying more in JAX.

I also need some in TX are the plans stackable? This one?
    https://greencloudvps.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=401

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@cazrz said:
    @NDTN
    Just bought in JAX and will be buying more in JAX.

I also need some in TX are the plans stackable? This one?
    https://greencloudvps.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=401

Could you please drop me a PM with your client email address and your requirements?
    Thanks!

• Any stock of Ryzen10Gbps-1 in CHI coming back? I'm very late to the party :disappointed:

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@justchil said:
    Any stock of Ryzen10Gbps-1 in CHI coming back? I'm very late to the party :disappointed:

Thanked by 1justchil
  • Waiting for new happy deal from greenvps

• Ryzen10Gbps-3 - $60/year

• 4096MB RAM
    • 2 cores
    • 80GB NVMe RAID-1
    • IPv4: 1
    • IPv6: /112
    • Network: 10Gbps
    • 6TB Bandwidth (3TB in SG)
    • Linux OS
    • SolusVM Control Panel
    • Locations: Chicago, IL; Jacksonville, FL; Amsterdam, NL; Singapore

Anyone willing to sell to me the Singapore Location ?