Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚡ GreenCloud⚡ Ryzen Threadripper™ ⚡ 10Gbps port ⚡NVMe 4.0 ⚡USA/EU/APAC ⚡ - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

⚡ GreenCloud⚡ Ryzen Threadripper™ ⚡ 10Gbps port ⚡NVMe 4.0 ⚡USA/EU/APAC ⚡

Comments

• m247m247 Member

@brian777 said:

@NDTN said:

@brian777 said:
    It will be very helpful if you put netboot.xyz iso on iso options, ​it's very small but already contain many distributions that most people need, i am sure not just me that wont bother tech support to mount specific iso files.

We have quite a lot of isos available via SolusVM Control Panel that you can mount already.
    For the netboot.xyz iso, it will generate more support time and most of the requests for mounting iso are Windows iso - which is not allowed on our KVM VPS.

I can see that the reason i ask this not because windows, i also don't see windows as good server OS, and even without the iso i can install windows on it if i really want to, it just if you can see on the list there is bunch of other OS distro's and useful utilities packed into liveCD's, it's just no way if ask the support to mount it 1 by 1. By the way don't get me wrong it's just my suggestion. ☺

You only provided Centos/Ubuntu/Debian and an old Fedora 28! My ticket asks you to add a fedora 34 image, but your ticket reply is that Solusvm's template does not currently support fedora 34! Ask you to add an opensuse mirror in the background, you keep replying: We do not support custom ISO files! Besides, the customer service attitude is very poor, I am not interested in continuing to submit work orders for support! I would rather communicate with you in lowendtalk!

• edited August 2021

@m247 said:

@Jones said:

@NDTN said:

@Jones said:
    @NDTN

ticket #657386
    Reset bandwidth date does not take effect? Why is it still suspended?

I used to recommend you for at least a week. As a result, this is the way you treat old customers?

Bandwidth reset is automated by our system (SolusVM), we have answered your ticket. In this case the bandwidth was reset but you have consumed all allocated bandwidth again.

Can you restore it? I should check the system carefully

What do you think of greencloud's customer service attitude?

Pretty good, just the customer is typical chinese..

• m247m247 Member
    edited August 2021

@chocolateshirt said:

@m247 said:

@Jones said:

@NDTN said:

@Jones said:
    @NDTN

ticket #657386
    Reset bandwidth date does not take effect? Why is it still suspended?

I used to recommend you for at least a week. As a result, this is the way you treat old customers?

Bandwidth reset is automated by our system (SolusVM), we have answered your ticket. In this case the bandwidth was reset but you have consumed all allocated bandwidth again.

Can you restore it? I should check the system carefully

What do you think of greencloud's customer service attitude?

Pretty good, just the customer is typical chinese..

The customer service is impatient with my request! I use greencloud service for the first time. I asked them to update the fedora 28 provided by the panel to fedora 34, and I used OpenSUSE MicrosOS. I hope they can add IOS images! So I don’t understand what this has to do with the typical Chinese?

• m247m247 Member

Why is there an ARM-based Fedora 30 image in your IOS list?
    Your advanced technical support does not seem to understand, the rebuilding system template is not the same as the IOS standard installation!
    Netboot does generate too much installation time, but Solusvm supports uploading a complete IOS image in the background! So there is no need to provide network boot mirroring! You only need to add a standard ISO image! The technical support is worrying when using this service for the first time!

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited August 2021

@m247 said:
    Your advanced technical support does not seem to understand, the rebuilding system template is not the same as the IOS standard installation!
    Netboot does generate too much installation time, but Solusvm supports uploading a complete IOS image in the background! So there is no need to provide network boot mirroring! You only need to add a standard ISO image! The technical support is worrying when using this service for the first time!

why didnt u ask before buying?

there is possibly of

loading netboot via ipxe on debian 9.

wait till u buy a VM from PacificRack, they ask for US $3,000 monthly VAS to enable any form of custom ISO.

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • m247m247 Member

@cybertech said:

@m247 said:

there is possibly of

wait till u buy a deal from PacificRack, they ask for US $3,000 monthly VAS to enable any form of custom ISO.

PacificRack is already notorious! SolusVM is a popular hypervisor used by many small and medium sized hosts. If you are using a VPS with SolusVM panel access and the provider has uploaded an ISO system image, you can install the VPS system by installing the system image. Greencloud has instructions to disable the installation of WIndos, but not other linux distributions! Under normal circumstances, users can communicate with the provider to upload the linux distribution used by the user! This takes less than a minute for the provider! This is a very normal thing. Add support for AlmaLinux/Rocky Linux/Opensuse/Archlinux distributions! Not all users are using Debian/Ubuntu! I'm just proposing, requesting, I mean no harm!

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@m247 said:

@cybertech said:

@m247 said:

there is possibly of

wait till u buy a deal from PacificRack, they ask for US $3,000 monthly VAS to enable any form of custom ISO.

PacificRack is already notorious! SolusVM is a popular hypervisor used by many small and medium sized hosts. If you are using a VPS with SolusVM panel access and the provider has uploaded an ISO system image, you can install the VPS system by installing the system image. Greencloud has instructions to disable the installation of WIndos, but not other linux distributions! Under normal circumstances, users can communicate with the provider to upload the linux distribution used by the user! This takes less than a minute for the provider! This is a very normal thing. Add support for AlmaLinux/Rocky Linux/Opensuse/Archlinux distributions! Not all users are using Debian/Ubuntu! I'm just proposing, requesting, I mean no harm!

We need to classify several things here:
    1. SolusVM does not have the ISO upload feature, so any requested ISOs that are not on the list will need to be done by hand - which will generate extra support time. That's why we do not support custom ISOs. It's our decision, if you cannot live with that, better to find other providers on LET.
    2. We do update our OS templates/ISOs, but from high priority to low priority. OSs and ISOs are that barely used will be updated less frequent than other popular OSs/ISOs. It takes a lot of time to do the Templates/ISOs update in the background.
    3. Too much effort to answer you via ticket and here on LET, if you are not satisfied, just open a support ticket and request the ticket forward to NDTN - we will issue you the refund so you can move on.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • m247m247 Member

@NDTN said:

@m247 said:

@cybertech said:

@m247 said:

there is possibly of

1. SolusVM does not have the ISO upload feature, so any requested ISOs that are not on the list will need to be done by hand - which will generate extra support time. That's why we do not support custom ISOs. It's our decision, if you cannot live with that, better to find other providers on LET.
    2. We do update our OS templates/ISOs, but from high priority to low priority. OSs and ISOs are that barely used will be updated less frequent than other popular OSs/ISOs. It takes a lot of time to do the Templates/ISOs update in the background.
    3. Too much effort to answer you via ticket and here on LET, if you are not satisfied, just open a support ticket and request the ticket forward to NDTN - we will issue you the refund so you can move on.

Do you use SolusIO or solusvm?

• edited August 2021

@m247 said:

@NDTN said:

@m247 said:

@cybertech said:

@m247 said:

there is possibly of

Did you not check welcome email? They use SolusVM

• m247m247 Member
    edited August 2021

@chocolateshirt said:

@m247 said:

@NDTN said:

@m247 said:

@cybertech said:

@m247 said:

there is possibly of

Did you not check welcome email? They use solusvm

He said SolusVM doesn't support uploading ISO! But SolusVM supports uploading ISO, SolusIO doesn't!
    https://support.solus.io/hc/en-us/articles/360020586011-How-to-add-an-ISO-to-SolusVM-

https://yoursunny.com/t/2021/SolusIO-IPv6-ISO/

• bdlbdl Member

@m247 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@m247 said:

@NDTN said:

@m247 said:

@cybertech said:

@m247 said:

there is possibly of

Did you not check welcome email? They use solusvm

He said SolusVM doesn't support uploading IOS! But SolusVM supports uploading IOS, SolusIO doesn't!
    https://support.solus.io/hc/en-us/articles/360020586011-How-to-add-an-ISO-to-SolusVM-

https://yoursunny.com/t/2021/SolusIO-IPv6-ISO/

From @NDTN :

1. Too much effort to answer you via ticket and here on LET, if you are not satisfied, just >open a support ticket and request the ticket forward to NDTN - we will issue you the >refund so you can move on.
  • @m247 normally customers dont get refund, but u have earned one, so take it.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • m247m247 Member
    edited August 2021

@cybertech I follow the terms of service because the promotional plan I purchased does not allow refunds! So I will not initiate a refund request! I don't think refunds are important, what's important is the quality of the merchant's service! SolusVM tech support says they support ISO additions! greencloud says they use the SolusVM panel, but SolusVM doesn't support additions!

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @m247 said:
    @cybertech I follow the terms of service because the promotional plan I purchased does not allow refunds! So I will not initiate a refund request! I don't think refunds are important, what's important is the quality of the merchant's service! SolusVM tech support says they support IOS additions! greencloud says they use the SolusVM panel, but SolusVM doesn't support additions!

well, i admire ur persistence. by this time I've already completed netboot via ipxe and having a cigar. good luck.

Thanked by 3tototo bdl bulbasaur
  • bdlbdl Member

@cybertech said:
    well, i admire ur persistence. by this time I've already completed netboot via ipxe and having a cigar. good luck.

I admire @NDTN 's patience :D

Thanked by 3cybertech dosai NDTN
  • m247m247 Member
    edited August 2021

@bdl said:

@cybertech said:

I think they use SolusIOhttps://solus.io/, not solusvmhttps://solusvm.com/,Because SolusVM supports ISO additions, SolusIO currently lacks support for ISO additions! :|

• Hi, any test IP for ping, and speed test for HK?

• @m247 said:
    I think they use SolusIOhttps://solus.io/, not solusvmhttps://solusvm.com/,Because SolusVM supports IOS additions, SolusIO currently lacks support for IOS additions! :|

to be honest, it's their business decision to not support custom ISO.
    if you can't accept that, they already offer you refund and move to other provider.

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • bdlbdl Member

@m247 said:

@bdl said:

@cybertech said:

I think they use SolusIOhttps://solus.io/, not solusvmhttps://solusvm.com/,Because SolusVM supports IOS additions, SolusIO currently lacks support for IOS additions! :|

Well, you're their customer! So you can only work with what they supply! It doesn't sound like their solution will work for your intentions! So best to take advantage of the refund and find another provider!

• m247m247 Member
    edited August 2021

@shell said:

@m247 said:

if you can't accept that, they already offer you refund and move to other provider.

They think it's SolusVM that doesn't support adding ISO!So it wasn't their business decision! :|

• edited August 2021

@idoridor said:
    Hi, any test IP for ping, and speed test for HK?

https://greencloudvps.com/data-centers.php#asia

@m247 said:

@shell said:

@m247 said:

They think it's SolusVM that doesn't support adding IOS!So it wasn't their business decision! :|

What is your IOS version?
    I am perfectly fine with IOS ver. 14.7

Thanked by 2NDTN yoursunny
  • m247m247 Member

@chocolateshirt said:

@idoridor said:

https://greencloudvps.com/data-centers.php#asia

@m247 said:

@shell said:

@m247 said:

They think it's SolusVM that doesn't support adding IOS!So it wasn't their business decision! :|

What is your IOS version?
    I am perfectly fine with IOS ver. 14.7

Thanks, corrected!

@m247 said:

@shell said:

@m247 said:

They think it's SolusVM that doesn't support adding ISO!So it wasn't their business decision! :|

Sorry if I was not clear. SolusVM does not support ISO upload from client’s side - any ISOs that are not on our available ISOs list will need us to download and mount. You can still install from our available ISOs.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • m247m247 Member
    edited August 2021

@NDTN said:

@m247 said:

@shell said:

@m247 said:

Sorry if I was not clear. SolusVM does not support ISO upload from client’s side - any ISOs that are not on our available ISOs list will need us to download and mount. You can still install from our available ISOs.

I'm familiar with solusvm, I didn't ask for an ISO upload from the client, all I asked was that you add Fedora 34 and openSUSE MicroOS to the list of ISO! This is easy for you guys! What was supposed to be done in 2 minutes, we talked about it for a day!

@m247 said:

@NDTN said:

@m247 said:

@shell said:

@m247 said:

I'm familiar with solusvm, I didn't ask for an ISO upload from the client, all I asked was that you add Fedora 34 and openSUSE MicroOS to the list of ISO! This is easy for you guys! What was supposed to be done in 2 minutes, we talked about it for a day!

Please refer to my previous comment.

• m247m247 Member

@NDTN said:

@m247 said:

@cybertech said:

@m247 said:

there is possibly of

@NDTN

• bdlbdl Member
    edited August 2021

@m247 said:

@NDTN said:

@m247 said:

@cybertech said:

@m247 said:

there is possibly of

@NDTN

Dude, the guy asked you to not use the forum as a support channel. Respect his request, he does have more than one customer.

• m247m247 Member
    edited August 2021

@NDTN I just suggest that you add other linux distributions and update the fedora 28 version to fedora 34! I felt offended when I made a suggestion and you offered to refund me!

• fbmyfbmy Member
    edited August 2021

Hey man, this is not a customer support place.
    @NDTN decide, not you.
    Your behavior does not seem suggestive, but forcing him.
    If you really don't want to continue the service, just ask for a refund.

Thanked by 2bdl bulbasaur
  • bdlbdl Member

@idoridor said:

No speed test, but there's a test IP on here: https://greencloudvps.com/data-centers.php