Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New July Special - £1 Ryzen KVM - WebHorizon - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New July Special - £1 Ryzen KVM - WebHorizon

Comments

• @stevewatson301 said: If your IP geolocation provider is so shitty that they can't even traceroute properly, I think it's time to leave them.

My custom-coded shitty IP geolocation database trusting WHOIS data, does it make sense now?

Should I ping each block of IP address to locate that this is indeed Poland?

@WebHorizon said:
    Feedback noted, to clear the RED misconception you were given the registration details.
    You're wrong here,
    Indeed sent you the information at the very first instance you commented here, on this thread.

Good. I shouldn't be requesting such information - all needed information should be on your website.

• @alexvolk said: My custom-coded shitty IP geolocation database trusting WHOIS data, does it make sense now?

Learn how to use traceroute, or use Maxmind/DBIP databases, both of which are available for free and do use traceroute to get correct locations.

@alexvolk said: Good. I shouldn't be requesting such information - all needed information should be on your website.

Admit that you don't have a leg to stand on and this is you just stalking LET providers because you can't do that to actual people.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • vyas11vyas11 Member

@default said:

It has nothing to do with law of the land. It's a business, and general business information (like registration number, office, and contact details) should be public and displayed on their website. This is called transparency, otherwise...

What do you have to say about the Deadpooled providers who "displayed" their information and still scammed? Multiple instances in recent years, including last couple of months.

Same answer for both comments.

@alexvolk said:

I don't give a fuck about your law of the land if you want to get some clients then be transparent about who are you and what you do but hey you're here arguing with people from other countries.

No point to order from sites that have zero information about their business and about us page is under construction!

What do you have to say about the Deadpooled providers who "displayed" their information and still scammed? Multiple instances in recent years, including last couple of months.

• @stevewatson301 said: Learn how to use traceroute, or use Maxmind/DBIP databases

I didn't know about it! Going to use traceroute now and manually updating databases in notepad lol.

@stevewatson301 said: because you can't do that to actual people.

Why I should do that to actual people? Do they offer some services as a business?

@vyas11 said: What do you have to say about the Deadpooled providers who "displayed" their information and still scammed? Multiple instances in recent years, including last couple of months.

Which one? There were RED flags that pointed out that they were going to deadpool.

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited July 2021

@alexvolk said:

@stevewatson301 said: Learn how to use traceroute, or use Maxmind/DBIP databases

I didn't know about it! Going to use traceroute now and manually updating databases in notepad lol.

You absolute fucking moron. If you had even a single point of IQ you'd know how to automate that and put that info on your shitty "custom-coded shitty IP geolocation database" instead of trusting WHOIS data, which as you can see here, is fuckall accurate.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • @jmgcaguicla said:

@alexvolk said:

@stevewatson301 said: Learn how to use traceroute, or use Maxmind/DBIP databases

Absolute fucking moron. If you had even a single point of IQ you'd know how to automate that and put that info on your shitty "custom-coded shitty IP geolocation database".

The guy is trolling at this point, it's highly unlikely he maintains his own database. All he can do is to stalk people, take dumps on providers threads and jerk off to provider reactions.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • Webhorizon is legit, i wanted to give away one of my licenses away for free and he donated to one of my community site even though he didn't have to, that for me shows his integrity.

Thanked by 2Abd yoursunny
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2021

@vyas11 said:

@default said:

It has nothing to do with law of the land. It's a business, and general business information (like registration number, office, and contact details) should be public and displayed on their website. This is called transparency, otherwise...

OK, so because some legal businesses failed (I emphasize some), this means that providers are excused in providing transparency, and can absolutely remain anonymous? Take such pathetic arguments somewhere else to ignite your miserable drama.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • @default be careful, LES gang is coming at you!

• defaultdefault Veteran

@alexvolk said:
    @default be careful, LES gang is coming at you!

They already did. I am banned on LES since 2019. I am not worried.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

@default said:

@vyas11 said:

@default said:

OK, so because some legal businesses failed (I emphasize some), this means that providers are excused in providing transparency, and can absolutely remain anonymous? Take such pathetic arguments somewhere else to ignite your miserable drama.

Not absolutely anonymous, information is public on the internet, just not indexed properly by google.
    a google maps listing too mate! https://goo.gl/maps/Ej9vLp62nMeQ447ZA

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2021

@alexvolk said:

@Ympker said: known provider

What happened to you today? Less than one-year-old provider is now named as "known". Amazing...

@Ympker said: "utter shit"

I'll remind you about this provider when they'll deadpool and how known it was for you.

@Ympker said: @vyas11 (who is a respected member of this community)

Respected, in your own head maybe? If some "respected" members of this community tries to cover up provider fuck up, do you still count them as respected?

@Ympker said: Your inquiry has been noted. It's late. Tomorrow's a new day.

Don't forget to post your aff link with this provider as well.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Anyway, you do realize I was pointing out that it was fair game lamenting the lack of the information you mentioned on the provider's website. In fact, I did ask a provider about such missing information the other day, too. You know what I didn't do? Call them "utter trash" because of it. I am also sorry to disappoint you but I am not an affiliate of this provider. What's more, while I also like transparency about the provider's details (street, address, registration..), it appears providing such thorough information is at least not legally required in India from what I have read here. Also, iirc, there are also some providers that, aside from the registration number and where their company is based, don't mention their address or further details on their website. Although I'd also like more transparency, they still provide a good service. Since further discussion with you seems to lead nowhere, there's nothing left to say but to wish everyone a good day here.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2021

@WebHorizon said:

Not absolutely anonymous, information is public on the internet, just not indexed properly by google.
    a google maps listing too mate! https://goo.gl/maps/Ej9vLp62nMeQ447ZA

So now it's about "absolutely" and relatively anonymous businesses? Dude, I don't care about what Google's transparency and indexing does for you. To be honest, I don't even care about Google in general. This is about what you (as a business) have to honestly say, and IF you offer transparency for your customers.

Put your contact information, with business registration information on your website. This will prove that your are honest, open, and transparent with your legal business, and such public discussions would not even exist. But instead, we debate around your anonymity online while you keep on providing services (maybe this makes you feel special in a twisted kind of way).

• For any provider being attacked by @default and @alexvolk -- just make sure you put an address that only appears to be valid -- just like how @cociu used "Calea republicii nr 51, Oradea Bihor" as his address which on the surface appears legitimate, but there is not a single datacenter (or warehouse, which could be operated as a datacenter) on that street.

These people's due diligence skills are really weak and can't detect such things, they can only bang the table with whois and company info lookups (that too in the wrong places sometimes).

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2021

@stevewatson301 said:
    For any provider being attacked by @default and @alexvolk -- just make sure you put an address that only appears to be valid -- just like how @cociu used "Calea republicii nr 51, Oradea Bihor" as his address which on the surface appears legitimate, but there is not a single datacenter (or warehouse, which could be operated as a datacenter) on that street.

These people's due diligence skills are really weak and can't detect such things, they can only bang the table with whois and company info lookups (that too in the wrong places sometimes).

I guess you can't make the difference between: registration address, office address, business address, and datacenter address. But it's OK, maybe you do not have a company, I respect and understand your opinion.

Anyhow, thank you because you are somewhat right. Providers should "make sure to put an address" even if it appears to be valid. Further checks will bring it to light, but that is a completely different drama which is about lying where is the actual office.

• Doxxing someone should not be allowed

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

@default thank you for the feedback. I'll keep those points in mind & update the site accordingly. :)

This is not going anywhere, Let's come back to the OP and end this peacefully.
    @alexvolk and @default get first month free, just send a PM if required.
    not anymore, guys are sick.

KVM-4GB (Poland) - £3.4 - recurring
    2 CPU Core(s)
    4GB DDR4 RAM
    40GB NVMe/SSD disk
    1 x IPv4 + /64 IPv6
    10TB transfer @ 1Gbps
    Free Backups and Restore
    Limited to first 4 orders - Link
    coupon - wearetransparent :)

Cannot replace existing services

we already know - WebHorizon is a proprietorship registered in Mumbai, India. IEC code AGBPW8070B

• @WebHorizon said: @alexvolk and @default get free first month, just send a PM if required.

You absolutely don't wanna send the message that anyone taking a dump in your threads will get freebies as it will encourage such behaviour. Moreover, users with a proclivity towards PMSing also may turn out to be abusers and cause even more trouble for you by sending spam, performing port scans and so on.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@WebHorizon said:
    This is not going anywhere, Let's come back to the OP and end this peacefully.
    @alexvolk and @default get free first month, just send a PM if required.

I am peaceful, I just don't like anonymity of businesses.

And please don't try to make me your customer with a free month, because I already am your customer: I have an email plan of MXRoute for which you are reseller, and I am quite happy with it too.

@stevewatson301 said:

@WebHorizon said: @alexvolk and @default get free first month, just send a PM if required.

You absolutely don't wanna send the message that anyone taking a dump in your threads will get freebies as it will encourage such behaviour. Moreover, users with a proclivity towards PMSing also may turn out to be abusers and cause even more trouble for you by sending spam, performing port scans and so on.

Don't worry mate: I hereby promise not to take that freebie. Don't worry, be happy.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • imgmoneyimgmoney Member
    edited July 2021

They are registered in India

ONqaM.png

If anyone wants me to take a peek at their office, DM me. I can arrange someone to visit if you really want to verify they exist at the above address.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2021

@imgmoney said:
    They are registered in India

ONqaM.png

If anyone wants me to take a peek at their office, DM me. I can arrange someone to visit if you really want to verify they exist at the above address.

No, you can't spy on people like that on their homes or whatever. We must give them the benefit of the doubt.

I have a better idea: send someone to take a video with an interview which can be posted in im.ge, creating publicity for both you (im.ge), and WebHorizon business too. This way we may find some live information (like plans for the future of WebHorizon and how they plan to expand or improve) straight from the owner/manager.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @default said: No, you can't spy on people like that on their homes or whatever. We must give them the benefit of the doubt.

I am not going to spy on them since I live over here, I just said I can help people over here if someone wants to verify the authenticity.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@alexvolk Unless you have a strong evidence that a certain business is shady, don't just attack without reasons. Can we change our tone to be more neutral or friendly?

Before:

Another utter trash provider with:

• Zero information about the company/owners on the web-site
    • Hidden WHOIS

After:

May I ask which company you are operating in? I am unable to find such information on your website.

This kind of toxic behaviours need to be stopped on LET.

However, I fully understand that users might be worried about of the amount of personal data submitted to the provider, so it will be good to know more about the provider before judging to use the provider or not.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@FAT32 said:

This kind of toxic behaviours need to be stopped on LET.

Go! Go! Captain Planet!

• @FAT32 said: This kind of toxic behaviours need to be stopped on LET.

Asking psycho stalkers to stop, that's so sweet of you.

Such users need to be immediately banned. It's already well established that they have no consistent standard, protecting a provider who has run away with money, and attacking others who provide a good service.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@default said: I am peaceful, I just don't like anonymity of businesses.

If I had an option to run my business anonymously I would definitely do it. Not because I'm doing something shady but I just don't want every idiot to know where I live. Especially if you are doing business on places like LET.

• @WebHorizon said: not anymore, guys are sick.

At first, I thought how good is your gesture but honestly, I didn't expect you to edit your message.

Anyways, I wasn't looking for a free service and I would never accept that from you, I could pay with my own pocket.

@stevewatson301 said: protecting a provider who has run away with money

Proofs? Where did I protect HS or you're talking some BS again?

@stevewatson301 said: users with a proclivity towards PMSing also may turn out to be abusers and cause even more trouble for you by sending spam, performing port scans and so on.

Quite users are mostly abusers and not the ones that "PMSing" over here if you need some stats.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@vedran said:

@default said: I am peaceful, I just don't like anonymity of businesses.

If I had an option to run my business anonymously I would definitely do it. Not because I'm doing something shady but I just don't want every idiot to know where I live. Especially if you are doing business on places like LET.

Exactly. This is exactly why you do not run your business at your home. You should have an office, no matter how small it is. Your legal and registered business should be protected by your country and it's laws, because you pay taxes for it. There is nothing shady about it. Shady becomes when you avoid paying taxes, or you hide yourself with customer's money.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2021

Meanwhile..

DreamHost exposed 800 million customers' data worth 86.15GB of data in total

https://www.techradar.com/news/this-popular-web-hosting-service-left-800m-records-exposed-online-for-12-hours

original article I read had a techradar . in domain, which now I understand by default (noun, not the user) on this toxic forum would make the publication shady and suspect. So posting the .com link.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@WebHorizon said:

@alexvolk and @default get first month free, just send a PM if required.
    not anymore, guys are sick.

Thank you for that edit WebHorizon.

Obviously I did not take your free offer because I don't need it, but taking such refusal as means to call me "sick" (when you are the one running an anonymous business), now this is smelly to say the least.

[thinking about cancelling my current active service]

This discussion has been closed.