Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned - Page 51
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned

Comments

• @M66B said:
    Since cociu never responded anymore, I think he should be banned again. Unless LET thinks provider's behavior like this is acceptable and should be supported here of course.

Welcome to LET.

Toss a few freebies and loss-leaders around, then watch the community rip their wallets apart while scrounging for change... only to moan and whine when it all goes down, and until the next cheapskate rolls in with a new domain, a brilliant product and marketing plan (not!), leased hardware, zilch tech skills and ofc, daddy's credit card good for a couple of hundred dollars worth of start-up capital.

:lol:

• M66BM66B Veteran
    edited October 2021

@K4Y5 said:

@M66B said:
    Since cociu never responded anymore, I think he should be banned again. Unless LET thinks provider's behavior like this is acceptable and should be supported here of course.

Welcome to LET.

Toss a few freebies and loss-leaders around, then watch the community rip their wallets apart while scrounging for change... only to moan and whine when it all goes down, and until the next cheapskate rolls in with a new domain, a brilliant product and marketing plan (not!), leased hardware, zilch tech skills and ofc, daddy's credit card good for a couple of hundred dollars worth of start-up capital.

:lol:

My LET account was created 9.5 years ago, so I am not really new here.

There are several people here warning about ongoing scams, like of Joshua Prout, and although this is not exactly the same, lots of people have been LET down. I have seen nobody being refunded, which was promised to happen. Basically, the money paid for the now dead or almost dead services is being kept and there is no chance to spent account credits.

I am all for second chances, but IMHO there has been plenty of opportunity to at least communicate something. It seems all (?) hardware is being sold, also without any explanation, so I think it is reasonable to assume that HostSolutions is dead and won't return.

So, I don't see any good reason anymore to keep the provider's account open and available. Many Mondays passed and no promises were kept.

Therefore I request the account of cociu to be blocked or banned @raindog308

• No more Romanian chicken

• @M66B said: Therefore I request the account of cociu to be blocked or banned

IMHO HS was dead as a provider a long time ago and his provider tag was removed. There is no reason to ban @cociu as a member just because he is gone as a provider.

• M66BM66B Veteran

@FrankZ said:

@M66B said: Therefore I request the account of cociu to be blocked or banned

IMHO HS was dead as a provider a long time ago and his provider tag was removed. There is no reason to ban @cociu as a member just because he is gone as a provider.

I don't agree. Misbehaving members should be banned at all times. He is running away with the money of many people after all. If you don't agree, Joshua Prout should be allowed as member again too.

Thanked by 2Andrews iKeyZ
  • AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited October 2021

@FrankZ said:

provider tag means NOTHING here on LET, as latest trend here is that LET decision makers are tolerating posting offers threads without this tag (even despite the protests of community members):

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/173139/ihostart-let-offer-20e-yr-4-gb-ram-2vcore-240-gb-ssd-dedicated-ipv4-in-europe-eu/p1

Thanked by 1default
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2021

@M66B said: Misbehaving members should be banned at all times

Yes, so he should be banned if he threatened people with hacking, made racist comments, is DDOSing the site, swears and curses everyone, follows ppl on every thread to post his conspiracy theories and accusations without proof, etc.
    Now we only need to find some evidence of that, he is not Maounique to do all that against him and then be banned.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • M66BM66B Veteran

@Andrews said:

@FrankZ said:

provider tag means NOTHING here on LET, as latest trend here is that LET decision makers are tolerating posting offers threads without this tag (even despite the protests of community members):

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/173139/ihostart-let-offer-20e-yr-4-gb-ram-2vcore-240-gb-ssd-dedicated-ipv4-in-europe-eu/p1

@raindog308 is that true?

• M66BM66B Veteran

@Maounique said:

@M66B said: Misbehaving members should be banned at all times

Yes, so he should be banned if he threatened people with hacking, made racist comments, is DDOSing the site, swears and curses everyone, follows ppl on every thread to post his conspiracy theories and accusations without proof, etc.
    Now we only need to find some evidence of that, he is not Maounique to do all that against him and then be banned.

Did Joshua Prout do anything of this?

I am talking about cociu here :P

• LeviLevi Member
    edited October 2021

• M66BM66B Veteran

@LTniger said:

It looks like a wolf dressed as an innocent sheep, which ate your breakfast ;-)

• @M66B said:

@FrankZ said:

I don't agree. Misbehaving members should be banned at all times. He is running away with the money of many people after all. If you don't agree, Joshua Prout should be allowed as member again too.

Your opinion is valid, I just do not agree. I lost money with @cociu too, so I get why people are upset. He is not here anyway so what good does banning him do?

@Andrews - LET decision makers will make the decisions that they are going to make. Not everybody will be happy about that, and that is why there is the other green forum. You have options.

• M66BM66B Veteran

@FrankZ said:

@M66B said:

@FrankZ said:

Your opinion is valid, I just do not agree. I lost money with @cociu too, so I get why people are upset. He is not here anyway so what good does banning him do?

@Andrews - LET decision makers will make the decisions that they are going to make. Not everybody will be happy about that, and that is why there is the other green forum. You have options.

The - user banned - carry on - icon would make the actual status clear, which is I think a good thing.

There was plenty of opportunity to respond here, and IMHO it is much too late for that now.

Unbanning was a chance to respond as well, which wasn't used either.

So, I say that there are only reasons to ban and no reasons to keep the account available anyone.

• @M66B said:

@FrankZ said:

What are you talking about? The guy is bankrupt. He didn't run away with cash in a scam, he ran the business into the ground. 51 pages and people still don't know the difference.

Small businesses fail a good percentage of the time. That's capitalism.

Thanked by 2bdl FrankZ
  • M66BM66B Veteran

@TimboJones said:

@M66B said:

@FrankZ said:

What are you talking about? The guy is bankrupt. He didn't run away with cash in a scam, he ran the business into the ground. 51 pages and people still don't know the difference.

That may be and normally I would agree, but the lack of any communication makes the difference here.

• donlidonli Member
    edited October 2021

@M66B said:

That may be and normally I would agree, but the lack of any communication makes the difference here.

Owners of failed companies usually don't show up and say "Sorry, we're bankrupt - all the funds you've prepaid for services are gone."

At best you get a "We've ceased operations" post.

If you've been around LET for a while and you expected prompt, clear and accurate communications from cociu you haven't been paying attention.

Thanked by 2Maounique TimboJones
  • M66BM66B Veteran

@donli said:

@M66B said:

Owners of failed companies usually don't show up and say "Sorry, we're bankrupt - all the funds you've prepaid for services are gone."

At best you get a "We've ceased operations" post.

If you've been around LET for a while and you expected prompt, clear and accurate communications from cociu you haven't been paying attention.

What I miss more and more here is the spirit (maybe another related forum should be used for this) to help each other. IMHO this is normal social interaction, but maybe I am abnormal. The operation of HostSolutions has most likely ceased, so why not make this clear and inform/warn people about this?

I have learned a few things in the course of time here, but maybe it is time to leave. IMHO the quality of this forum has been going down each passing year. I am not talking about the usual trolling, which I think is one of the attractive things of this forum.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @M66B said:

What I miss more and more here is the spirit (maybe another related forum should be used for this) to help each other.

There were plenty of people here trying to help others avoid buying services from cociu.

Thanked by 1TimboJones

@donli said: There were plenty of people here trying to help others avoid buying services from cociu.

And they were interested people for the most part.
    People like cociu lowered the prices in general and many other providers dependent on LET to sell could simply not cope by only providing a better product, cociu's customers didn't need 99.9999% uptime or clear channel connectivity and many of LET people don't even expect that from any provider here.
    So, "warnings" were disregarded as they were, BS, especially after more than a year which is kind of the bar for a "solid" operation here. He managed to grow for 9 years, that is not a scam, fox, it has never been, however times changed and he got caught unprepared. He was never prepared, but there was a more forgiving environment before.

Thanked by 2jsg raynor
  • So cociu is now the victim and it's the greedy deal hunter's fault? We live in a society.

@redcat said: So cociu is now the victim and it's the greedy deal hunter's fault?

Nope, he is the victim of his own incapacity to manage the situation. The deal hunters are also victims of sorts, but if you benefitted from his deals for years and lost 100 at the end if not running entirely on gifted credit, then you didn't lose anything and you are not a victim at all. Everyone here for a few months knows how things go, also very few people lost money with cociu, most lost credits which were gifted and the money they paid brought them a service which was flawed but so cheap that the flaws were included in the cost and it was still much cheaper overall.

• @redcat said:
    So cociu is now the victim and it's the greedy deal hunter's fault? We live in a society.

It is the narrative for those who oppose scammer concept. Borta always was a victim.

• @redcat said:
    So cociu is now the victim and it's the greedy deal hunter's fault?

[troll]

Yes. It's their fault. They should not buy it. Let it be a lesson to all people looking for cheap offers.

And it's also God's fault, for keeping alive such cheapskates who buy such offers. HostSolutions is just a well respected provider, and all these hunters wanted to bring this company down with their taken credits and demands for extremely low-end offers. Oh, the impudence!

[/troll]

Thanked by 2redcat bulbasaur
  • @redcat said:
    So cociu is now the victim and it's the greedy deal hunter's fault? We live in a society.

In society, businesses that specifically try and be the low cost provider often fail. I wouldn't call them greedy deal hunters so much as naive for unrealistic expectations and total ignorance of cociu's poor communication and business skills.

• It's Monday

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@M66B said: @raindog308 is that true?

Of course not.

• donlidonli Member
    edited October 2021

@TimboJones said:

• @Daniel15 said: My NVMe VPS is still up somehow, kinda

It was up, and still kinda is, but the network became even spottier around the start of October. I just hit a new record: 232 outage alerts in one week.