Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned - Page 45
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned

Comments

• @default said:

@cybertech said:
    hope terrahost comments

Terrahost has nothing to do with this. Their datacenter is working and their servers are up. This is related to IPs.

i meant whether our Romanian brother is paying them

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2021

@default said:

@cybertech said:
    hope terrahost comments

Terrahost has nothing to do with this. Their datacenter is working and their servers are up. This is related to IPs.

Could be a billing outage. Turning off gear could cause whatever damage to a users data so these days colo providers just pull network for now and only go after power if things are going down down.

Francisco

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

5 /24s left on his ASN, with 1 offline. Feel like he had more not long ago.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2021

@vedran said: It was 9 years ago FFS, just let it go already.

I will let it go when people stop attacking me about it and they stop denying it.

@default said: This is related to IPs.

So they were unannounced, then announced again, now unannounced for the second time? He either has the IPs or not.

@Francisco said: go after power

I think pushing the power button will not damage user data.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Maounique said: So they were unannounced, then announced again, now unannounced for the second time? He either has the IPs or not.

I think the most interesting part is none of his other ranges have come back, only these few /24's. The other /22 he had has never returned. No one else has been renumbered, etc.

Francisco

edited August 2021

@Francisco said: No one else has been renumbered

This is not so clear-cut. Once the service has been removed, credit added and people created new VMs it can be argued a renumbering of sorts took place.

• LeviLevi Member

@Maounique said: people created new VMs it can be argued a renumbering of sorts took place.

This wouldn't hold in court.

• Guess this time it's dead dead

• @Francisco said:

@Maounique said: So they were unannounced, then announced again, now unannounced for the second time? He either has the IPs or not.

I think the most interesting part is none of his other ranges have come back, only these few /24's. The other /22 he had has never returned. No one else has been renumbered, etc.

Francisco

I asked terrahost if they could announce the IP I have with hostsolutions internally somehow.
    They said they can't help me.

Of course they cant, that is illegal.

• @Maounique said:

You'd think wrong.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • HuangLeeHuangLee Member
    edited August 2021

@Maounique said:

I don't mean pushing the power button at the rack level, I mean each server which would trigger an orderly shutdown and in most situations will not damage any data.

• MatthiasMatthias Member, LIR

@Maounique said:
    I don't mean pushing the power button at the rack level, I mean each server which would trigger an orderly shutdown and in most situations will not damage any data.

Some hypervisors won't shut down VMs gracefully on host shutdown and rather require you to manually shut them down first

• bdlbdl Member

@Matthias said:

@Maounique said:

Some hypervisors won't shut down VMs gracefully on host shutdown and rather require you to manually shut them down first

I don't think shutting things down gracefully (eg. VMs, businesses, etc) is cociu's forte...

• According to hetrix the Storage servers have been down for 100 days now - I am sure they will be back RSN ;)
    Probably tomorrow (Monday).
    At least the Norway servers are keeping them company....

@msatt said: At least the Norway servers are keeping them company....

You seem to be happy about it :P

• @Maounique said:

@msatt said: At least the Norway servers are keeping them company....

You seem to be happy about it :P

Norway is down. I repeat: Norway is down. Last server standing please turn off the lights.

• @default said: Norway is down. I repeat: Norway is down. Last server standing please turn off the lights.

Network again or the actual server? :D

• MerlincoolMerlincool Member
    edited August 2021

Shame that this legendary thread was on second page. Have you guys given up?

• LET has a short memory and nothing actually happens when a provider deadpools.

• @dahartigan said:
    LET has a short memory and nothing actually happens when a provider deadpools.

That's actually true. A deadpooled provider can come under a different company and start it all over again. With just a few promises and offers, people forget a deadpool ever happened.

However, this thread needs to sink. Case should be closed.

Thanked by 2msallak1 dahartigan
  • pbxpbx Member

@default said: However, this thread needs to sink. Case should be closed.

The end is night.

Good bye @cociu, enjoy your BTC.

... and I remember that folks complained when online.net had a price hike on their special that worked like a charm for years. While it's shitty, it's somehow better that a deadpool. Sadly it seems like @cociu was focusing too much on the lower end of the market to be able to save his company.

• codelockcodelock Member
    edited August 2021

@default said:

@dahartigan said:
    LET has a short memory and nothing actually happens when a provider deadpools.

That's actually true. A deadpooled provider can come under a different company and start it all over again. With just a few promises and offers, people forget a deadpool ever happened.

However, this thread needs to sink. Case should be closed.

This thread reminds us of our beloved sister , It needs to be pinned

• BarisBaris Member
    edited August 2021

Case definitely closed.

I enjoyed the quality drama without loosing any money or important data. I did a translation job 2016 for Marius and received a lifetime free VPS as a gift for my work.

I named my VPS "Ava". Ava and I had a lot of bad times together (sudden IP switch without notice, random reboots, bad network, instability and a few more) but it was easy to forgive her because most of the time she tried hard to do her job (seedbox).

We had great moments together. I remember the day when she got new clothes (KVM) and threw away her old ones (OVZ). She was cheerful and happy to be so pretty again.

I observed the whole HS drama. Everything is said.

The only thing I miss is Ava (RIP 2016 - 2021)

• @Baris said:
    Case definitely closed.

I enjoyed the quality drama without loosing any money or important data. I did a translation job 2016 for Marius and received a lifetime free VPS as a gift for my work.

Translation? You mean you speak cociu? After all this time, is it possible that you can tell us what "involucrated" actually means and solve this ancient riddle?

• BarisBaris Member
    edited August 2021

@rcy026 said:

@Baris said:
    Case definitely closed.

Translation? You mean you speak cociu? After all this time, is it possible that you can tell us what "involucrated" actually means and solve this ancient riddle?

Hi,
    my last commication with him was years ago. Don't know what is going on. Maybe time will tell. Can't help with "involucrated" either, sorry.

My VM is still up, why close thread? Of course, it is no longer about him being banned, but maybe we can just change title.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Will this @cociu thing ever get involucrated ?

• @Saahib said:
    Will this @cociu thing ever get involucrated ?

It's already involucrated. You're late.