Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu (HostSolutions) unbanned

Comments

• debaserdebaser Member
    edited July 2021

@pbx said:
    exit-scamming

Because it’s not an exit scam, but an incoming bankruptcy. The man is literally grasping at straws, moving servers back and forth from dc’s, switching transit providers. Selling assets on which customers are supposed to be provisioned...

It just means he’s technically bankrupt. That’s why there aren’t any refunds given out. But he doesn’t want to be honest about it.

If he survives, he’s probably going to lease some IP’s for the few remaining customers. I wonder on what hardware those nodes will run though.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • @dahartigan said:
    Jesus that sounds fucked man.. The police in Romania are known to be corrupt, so it's scary to imagine the implications of them planting something like that in your network to "frame you" if needed, if that is not just in the movies lol

Add to your TV queue: Comrade Detective.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@Maounique said:
    I deduced what involucrated means=>Involved.

• Is cociu's stash of IP's from one of those African scams?

• @Maounique said:
    I deduced what involucrated means=>Involved.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3238828#Comment_3238828

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • PixelsPixels Member

@default said:

@Pixels said:

@debaser said:

@Francisco said:

@debaser said: So long story short, everything but Norway is down. IP-addresses will be sold. But luckily there are 12.000 unused IP-addresses so they will get a new one.

Could people please get the allocations list for this, just as a show of good faith?

I couldn’t find anything but the known ranges at RIPE so either cociu has a private stash or it isn’t at RIPE or maybe it’s just a Transsylvanian fairytale.

I've heard his private stash of IPv4 addresses were bought from RFC1918. The best about this is that they can't get blacklisted!!

Great. Problem solved. We will all use IPv6 with an IP from that /8 he already obtained.

Perfect time to deploy and hand out routed IPv6 subnets to customers :smile:

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2021

@cociu

No, thanks but No. It's not GTS, the corrupt romanian police, or CHIA - it's YOU and you alone who's guilty.

Your three lethal flaws:

• You went all but completely incommunicado. That is the major killer factor - and No, finally after what, 2 months or so, telling us a somewhat extended story and yet another plan, is not working, in part also due to
    • Lies, empty promises, broken ETAs. Well noted, unlike some others here, I do not say that you lied intentionally and with ill will. But I can't but note - and so should you already! - that what you say is worth nothing, no reasonable person would give a dead rat for your words.
    • Unhealthy and unprofessional way to grow. You were always brutally sales focused and didn't give a damn about creating a sound technical foundation. In fact, after having completely f_cked up with storage before you simply did it again.

Well noted, I think that LET needs a crazy guy selling at insanely low prices, and very many people here are willing to compromise, to not make a fuss about the occasional 2 hours or even 2 days down time and slow support, so that market niche really exists, but all customers, even the cheapskates expect at least some information and trustworthiness.

There are only and exactly 2 routes left open for you: (a) go belly up, or (b) present us always and only the full truth, and facts, and turn HS into reasonably solid operations.
    I'll add a piece of advice to that: stay the f_ck away from storage > 1 TB.

As for my small storage box, don't worry, just keep your refund. That's my very modest contribution to your survival, and frankly I wouldn't trust any storage with HS anymore anyway.

• @jsg LET is not a help desk - to cancel with a provider I suggest submitting a ticket

• @jsg said:
    @cociu

No, thanks but No. It's not GTS, the corrupt romanian police, or CHIA - it's YOU and you alone who's guilty.

Your three lethal flaws:

• You went all but completely incommunicado. That is the major killer factor - and No, finally after what, 2 months or so, telling us a somewhat extended story and yet another plan, is not working, in part also due to
    • Lies, empty promises, broken ETAs. Well noted, unlike some others here, I do not say that you lied intentionally and with ill will. But I can't but note - and so should you already! - that what you say is worth nothing, no reasonable person would give a dead rat for your words.
    • Unhealthy and unprofessional way to grow. You were always brutally sales focused and didn't give a damn about creating a sound technical foundation. In fact, after having completely f_cked up with storage before you simply did it again.

Well noted, I think that LET needs a crazy guy selling at insanely low prices, and very many people here are willing to compromise, to not make a fuss about the occasional 2 hours or even 2 days down time and slow support, so that market niche really exists, but all customers, even the cheapskates expect at least some information and trustworthiness.

There are only and exactly 2 routes left open for you: (a) go belly up, or (b) present us always and only the full truth, and facts, and turn HS into reasonably solid operations.
    I'll add a piece of advice to that: stay the f_ck away from storage > 1 TB.

As for my small storage box, don't worry, just keep your refund. That's my very modest contribution to your survival, and frankly I wouldn't trust any storage with HS anymore anyway.

jsg meant stay the fsck away from storage > 1tb

Thanked by 3jsg dystopia bdl
  • @SirFoxy said: jsg meant stay the fsck away from storage > 1tb

now where do i host my promflix?

• mrbbmrbb Member

It is a hard day for every one of us. poor @cociu, poor sisters, wish they luck.

• alvinalvin Member
    edited July 2021

@databoss said:
    @jsg LET is not a help desk - to cancel with a provider I suggest submitting a ticket

However, all tickets have been deleted and have not received any reply before.

As you mentioned, LET is not a help desk, thus, provider should publish the latest announcements and handle the ticket on the official website , send emails to notify affected customers, to instead of making relevant announcements through LET. Even zero communication with customers. Customers can only get the latest situation in LET.

Faced with the time needed to handle with this incident and the instability of the VPS, I believe that the overall costs of loss now far exceeds the cost you saved by purchasing VPS from HS.

Anyway, I hope cociu can get out of the predicament.

• R.I.P cociu / hostsolutions

• Not a customer but I wish @cociu luck and do take note of the lessons.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@ps20090 said:

@cociu said: Hello

No, I am tired of your bullshit, f@$k off kindly. You don't answer tickets, then close and delete my tickets, don't communicate for weeks, keep charging me for non-working VPS (the new Ryzen VPS, it charges me monthly and is down). Seriously go f@$k off Cociu, I hope you choke on my tiny 🐓 and die.

damm, he got on your nerves it seems.

• LeviLevi Member

@BlaZe said:

@ps20090 said:

No, I am tired of your bullshit, f@$k off kindly. You don't answer tickets, then close and delete my tickets, don't communicate for weeks, keep charging me for non-working VPS (the new Ryzen VPS, it charges me monthly and is down). Seriously go f@$k off Cociu, I hope you choke on my tiny 🐓 and die.

That's a pure, unadulterated rage. Sometimes it is on point.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:

@BlaZe said:

@ps20090 said:

Nah, I meant, considering how optimistic & positive @ps20090 has been regarding HS, it's surprising to see him getting worked up.

• cociucociu Member

@pbx said: Is everything in RO currently down?

nope , yesteday we have put onlyne some syzen and some nvme products , we are continue with this until all is up. In paralel my colleage is add credit to the affected customers .

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited July 2021

@Maounique said: "DMCA ignore" should be scrapped

I don't really understand why people keep using the phase "DMCA ignored"... DMCA is a US law, so by definition every host that has all of its operations entirely outside the US is not under DMCA jurisdiction. I guess people actually use it to mean "torrenting allowed"?

Thanked by 1dystopia
  • @Daniel15 said: I guess people actually use it to mean "torrenting allowed"?

Torrenting and copyright violations in general, such as operating file or video hosting sites with a lean towards pirated stuff.

• FazzilFazzil Member

@cociu said:

add credit to the affected customers .

Nice credit for non working services. Do you believe your own lies?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@BlaZe said:

@LTniger said:

@BlaZe said:

@ps20090 said:

Nah, I meant, considering how optimistic & positive @ps20090 has been regarding HS, it's surprising to see him getting worked up.

Yeah, @ps20090 was one of @cociu's biggest fans, so this is a tough ending to the love story

Thanked by 2BlaZe dosai
  • edited July 2021

@angstrom said:

@BlaZe said:

@LTniger said:

@BlaZe said:

@ps20090 said:

Yeah, @ps20090 was one of @cociu's biggest fans, so this is a tough ending to the love story

Well, I could understand.. two month consecutive down without proper communication.. and more than a month bad network for 45.xx prefix this is unacceptable..

• @cociu said:

nope , yesteday we have put onlyne some syzen and some nvme products

Just say the words... you're stopping with storage and only retaining the more profitable NVMe services.

• cociucociu Member

@debaser said: Just say the words... you're stopping with storage and only retaining the more profitable NVMe services.

Man , please do not speculate , we have start the service what was easy to start. For the storage plan we need to rebuild much because we do not want to repeat this mess in the future , is profitable beleve me even was the price what was.

• @Daniel15 said:

@Maounique said: "DMCA ignore" should be scrapped

I don't really understand why people keep using the phase "DMCA ignored"... DMCA is a US law, so by definition every host that has all of its operations entirely outside the US is not under DMCA jurisdiction. I guess people actually use it to mean "torrenting allowed"?

You'd be surprised the reach the United States has, even for upstreams and not necessarily hosts.

• @BlaZe said:

@ps20090 said:

the cock emoji really does it in for me

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • LeviLevi Member

@cociu said:

@debaser said: Just say the words... you're stopping with storage and only retaining the more profitable NVMe services.

Man , please do not speculate , we have start the service what was easy to start. For the storage plan we need to rebuild much because we do not want to repeat this mess in the future , is profitable beleve me even was the price what was.

Any dates for "rebuild" or just another "monday"?

• cociucociu Member

@LTniger said: Any dates for "rebuild" or just another "monday"?

i have avoid to put a date , but the storage plan will tard more comparately witht the other service due of missing hdd for the moment but we are in this.

• @LTniger said: Any dates for "rebuild" or just another "monday"?

How about you

@cociu said: speculate

That based on Speculation based on Speculation, Smart Ass.