Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Important Changes at Spearware Networks - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Important Changes at Spearware Networks

Comments

• @jar said:

@SirFoxy said:

@jar said:
    Combo breaker

You crave recognition so much, that's why you post about shit no one cares about so much i.e. spam lists, I'm here to say stay focused on your business and you'll make it.

Sounds like a threat. That’s fun. I’ll keep giving back to my community and trying to advance that community forward in influence through my efforts, as they’ve empowered and entrusted me to do on their behalf.

I’ll still laugh at people who bet on a donkey and against a pony, and that’s barely even a metaphor.

someone's mad.

you want recognition so bad, you hate when someone doesn't join in on the group think.

let me reference the L that is https://hostedtalk.net/

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2021

Please, lets not do this in here.

This whole thing has been a dumpster fire behind the circus tent.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Hxxx mike1s
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Someone does seem mad but it ain’t me lol. Watching this show about flight 828. I know there’s only heartbreak at the end of season 3 but I'm still doing it.

Thanked by 1wdmg
  • @jar said:
    Someone does seem mad but it ain’t me lol. Watching this show about flight 828. I know there’s only heartbreak at the end of season 3 but I'm still doing it.

L, you tried to fight another mans battle that doesn't give a fuck about you.

@SirFoxy said:

@jar said:

Wait I walked into a fight? Weird bro. Hope you find another fighter to join, look kinda weird just swinging fists at no one.

• @jar said:

@SirFoxy said:

@jar said:

Wait I walked into a fight? Weird bro. Hope you find another fighter to join, look kinda weird just swinging fists at no one.

Are you stupid or dumb?

@SirFoxy said:

@jar said:

@SirFoxy said:

@jar said:

Are you stupid or dumb?

Sir I cannot fap to screenshots of my own posts

Thanked by 2ChrisMiller lentro
  • @jar sai> @jar said:

@SirFoxy said:

@jar said:

@SirFoxy said:

@jar said:

Are you stupid or dumb?

Sir I cannot fap to screenshots of my own posts

Yeah, L.

I didn't come at you, you came at me and took an L for trying to fight another mans battle.

Seems like only yesterday I was young and full of hormones. Some days I miss being younger, but a good laugh reminds me I can still enjoy life without taking everything so personally.

• @jar said:
    Seems like only yesterday I was young and full of hormones. Some days I miss being younger, but a good laugh reminds me I can still enjoy life without taking everything so personally.

so mad, you're trying to take the high road and dismiss acting up like you didn't already.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Back on topic:

How do the Spearware Networks customers feel? Were those who were incorrectly allocated network resources actually using what they had? Would fixing that oversight have any of them 'notice'?

@SWN_Michael best of luck to you in whatever happens next. Family stuff is a stresser, I know. Lost my step-dad in March and been helping care for my mother since. Life comes at you fast, sometimes.

Thanked by 3ChrisMiller Marx Hxxx
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@MannDude said: How do the Spearware Networks customers feel? Were those who were incorrectly allocated network resources actually using what they had? Would fixing that oversight have any of them 'notice'?

I feel 'meh'. I've been with Spearware Networks for three months and Michael has always been very responsive and helpful. There were teething problems and especially IPv6 support being postponed again and again was somewhat annoying. IPv6 was implemented about two weeks ago and has been running stable since then and the VPS itself even longer.

When the first announcement came up, it was fine for me. The company would have changed but the service itself (likely) won't. It's somewhat disappointing that this is not going to happen.

Did I notice that the bandwidth cap didn't get applied when the services were migrated? Yes.
    Did I tell Michael? No. In fact, I liked to be able to burst my speed when needed.
    Did I (ab-)use my unthrottled bandwidth? No.
    Would I be fine if the bandwidth caps got applied again? Yes.

Unfortunately there's no real alternative in Tampa. I already have services in Miami and having one in Tampa in addition was nice. Even having a single-homed Cogent VPS was quite useful for debugging networking issues.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • sonicsonic Veteran
    edited June 2021

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • @sonic said:

using father to get money, if not real, is very bad on karma.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2021

Michael is anyway keeping his rack space and networking. He should just keep the clients he has, once he gets sold out, stop accepting orders and be done with.

Easiest way instead of refunding and starting this entire mess.

Anyways, I’m not sure how this will save you money. Your anyway losing it now.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Obviously they're trolls.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

I doubt that is him. The phrasing/grammar suggests someone who speaks English as a second language.

@sonic said:

I'm down for a sick joke, but that one was a little too tasteless for me.

• mike1smike1s Member

@aqua said:

@Francisco said:

@thedp said:

Hope all goes well @SWN_Michael @Francisco

I should add this isn’t like the anynode deal where we are honoring plans and payments.

This is just us offering to bring user data over to a kvm slice of their choosing to save them time setting back up.

Francisco

In sight that it seems Michael is desperate for some sort of cash, and not wanting to provide full refunds, I think you should be able to walk off with a near ~100 new clients if you buy it out.

Best bet is to talk with Michael...

Honestly don't care about the money on this one. Would rather ensure the clients have a place to go.

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited June 2021

@sonic said:

Report this as it's not me.. I'm trying to fully exit VPS, I don't want anything to do with this.. I literally just woke up... My only discord account is mike1s#9106.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@sonic said:

Did you checked the Blockchain if anyone seriously send money?
    Maybe even report this to discord.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • sonicsonic Veteran

@Neoon said:

@sonic said:

I believe noone makes donations. Just block it.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@sonic said:

@Neoon said:

@sonic said:

I believe noone makes donations. Just block it.

If you don't want to check, please paste the blockchain address.
    I am to lazy to type from jpeg.

• 1Hh

someone continue the rest

• FalzoFalzo Member

TL;DR; the so called 'toxic haters' who pointed out right in the beginning of this thread, that this smells and won't end well are now proven to be right.

maybe sometimes speaking from years of experience and market knowledge, as well as detecting patterns and remembering names does not just make you a hater but a voice the more fresh/recent community members would better listen to.

@SWN_Michael word of advise if I may: if you want to run a business and figure you need to exit for whatever reason - never blame it on things that push emotional buttons.
    obviously no one is going to be the one asking for proof of health issue and stuff but on the other hand there will be mistrust. this does not help your situation at all and only will make it worse.

it's also highly unprofessional in a certain sense because even if you or your family get sick or have an accident etc. the question arise, how you thought this should be covered before you even started your business.

sorry to say, but I think you should not run any business at all. maybe you are not made for that and you really care about customer you'll understand that. no shame, not every one is made for this.

just my 2cents.

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited June 2021

@Falzo said:

@SWN_Michael word of advise if I may: if you want to run a business and figure you need to exit for whatever reason - never blame it on things that push emotional buttons.
    obviously no one is going to be the one asking for proof of health issue and stuff but on the other hand there will be mistrust. this does not help your situation at all and only will make it worse.
    sorry to say, but I think you should not run any business at all. maybe you are not made for that and you really care about customer you'll understand that. no shame, not every one is made for this.

Fair enough. This is honestly a large part of why I'm going down the route of winding things down, and just providing colo to my existing colo clients (few friends of mine). They bring in more than the rackspace costs, and it allows me to subsidize my lab environment. I'll likely downgrade to a half rack and save some money, and definitely getting rid of Cogent, but that's fine. I was quite honestly, in over my head, and I didn't realize it until it was too late.

Thanked by 1Lunar
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@skorupion said:

@Kassem said:
    Wouldn't someone who provides support services had helped in this situation until things are resolved instead of closing shop?

That's what I'm thinking its not like you need to take care of them for the next 50+ years but maybe a few months to years. If you have cash reserves then off sourcing support to someone like @MikePT would be the best decision, you have gotten the little bits of trust left in you from this community just broken apart, so don't expect to come back here with another hosting company that you have created.

Thank you for the mentions mate!

• A fascinating situation.

Someone trying to wind down their company, actually considering the impact on customers and trying to limit it the best they can isn't good enough for members of this community. Should @SWN_Michael have started another company? Should he have made mistakes and got in above his head? Probably not, but as @jar said at least he's admitting his fuck up and trying to act in good faith to clean up his mess as sensibly as possible.

Meanwhile, in another thread, a provider turns off their servers, potentially sells their hard drives, sell their IPs and update their customers three or four times in a two month period and they can do no wrong.

At this point I'm convinced that there are a core group of members in this community who have no consistent standards and couldn't give a fuck, they just pick a side and generate as much drama as possible. Internet trolling is a thing, of course, but half of you aren't even good at it.

God forbid @Francisco offers to help move any customers as well, he's clearly got some sort of "mighter than thou" agenda.

Absolute train wreck of toxicity. Welcome to LET 2021.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@rzlosty said: Meanwhile, in another thread, a provider turns off their servers, potentially sells their hard drives, sell their IPs and update their customers three or four times in a two month period and they can do no wrong.

The difference is sustainability. From what I know Spearwares pricing was relatively reasonable. Those credit bonuses from hostsolutions...

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

@SplitIce said:

@rzlosty said: Meanwhile, in another thread, a provider turns off their servers, potentially sells their hard drives, sell their IPs and update their customers three or four times in a two month period and they can do no wrong.

The difference is sustainability. From what I know Spearwares pricing was relatively reasonable. Those credit bonuses from hostsolutions...

$3.50 for 512MB VPS on Xeon E5's with single-homed Cogent and no DDOS Protection is definitely a good deal in no book I've read.