Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Important Changes at Spearware Networks - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Important Changes at Spearware Networks

Comments

• bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Not sure why you've deleted your profile picture, here we go:

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited June 2021

@alexvolk said:
    Not sure why you've deleted your profile picture, here we go:

Hmm? Check my profile pic... not sure why it went black for a few mins. Re-uploaded and it's back.

• @SWN_Michael said:

Hmm? Check my profile pic... not sure why it went black for a few mins. Re-uploaded and it's back.

Hahaha

SWN_Michael changed his profile picture.

• mike1smike1s Member

@FAT32 should this provider allowed to post? He basically sold VPS customers but still would like to provide collocation which is risky.

I'm not going to be providing colocation on LET. Also, I'm going to be submitting a ticket to request that my provider tag be removed.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Seems like someone found out that you sold the company before this thread: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3244523/#Comment_3244523

Honestly there are many things that are suspicious there, for instance in your previous thread when you say expand to Montreal, you already sold your company because the test IP is from Packet Rabbit or whatever Curtis G's company is.

They did mentioned to acquire new hosting companies here: https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1843346 but the requirement is minimum 1 year of revenue which you don't have.

I don't have the time to dig more but if any LowEndDetectives have anything to share please PM me and send me the details. Provider tag revoked.

Thanked by 2zed dahartigan
  • mike1smike1s Member
    edited June 2021

@FAT32 said:
    Seems like someone found out that you sold the company before this thread: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3244523/#Comment_3244523

Honestly there are many things that are suspicious there, for instance in your previous thread when you say expand to Montreal, you already sold your company because the test IP is from Packet Rabbit or whatever Curtis G's company is.

They did mentioned to acquire new hosting companies here: https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1843346 but the requirement is minimum 1 year of revenue which you don't have.

I don't have the time to dig more but if any LowEndDetectives have anything to share please PM me and send me the details. Provider tag revoked.

There’s nothing shady going on here. Approximately two weeks ago we were in discussions for Slacker Networks to invest in SWN for 20% ownership. The investment would’ve provided capital to grow the servers.

During the course of due diligence, we started discussing a potential buyout of the VPS customers to further Slacker Networks presence in North America.

It caused a long, critical discussion with my wife and I to determine the best possible next steps. As I mentioned, my extended family aren’t doing good.

Throughout the duration of these discussions, we formed a partnership to provide KVM Virtual Servers in Montreal, QC on Slacker’s infrastructure as a reseller.

In the end, approximately 3 days ago, due diligence was completed and we finalized our negotiations on the buyout.

I went through with Slacker for many reasons, and while I could list them all, the most important to me is that I felt this was the best outcome for my customers.

It’s the best possible outcome I could hope for. Everything (except IP addresses in the next few months as they swap over) stays the same, all the plans and pricing is honored for life.

Thanked by 2dahartigan codelock
  • bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• All the best @SWN_Michael

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • mike1smike1s Member
    edited June 2021

@dahartigan said:
    All the best @SWN_Michael

Thanks!

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Well dealing with sick family sucks. Just wish you and the family the best! At the end of the day you did what you thought was right for you and the customers! I am not going to fault you for that.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

I will be taking over the parent company slacker networks! I will be moving all infrastructure over to my home dc in the middle of b.f.e .

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2021

I think 90% (of caring people to their family) will drop everything and spend the most amount of time with them while they're here. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed, and I think Michael shouldn't be hated for what he did.

Best of luck to you and your family.

• mike1smike1s Member

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    I will be taking over the parent company slacker networks! I will be moving all infrastructure over to my home dc in the middle of b.f.e .

Haha

• LunarLunar Member

I genuinely hate some of the people here. Incredibly toxic environment sadly.

You're doing what's best for you and your family. Whatever a bunch of incels say about you doesn't matter.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@Lunar said: incels

i have a feeling you don't even know the meaning of that term

just sayin

• JioJio Member
    edited June 2021

@Lunar said: I genuinely hate some of the people here. Incredibly toxic environment sadly.

from a strictly business POV, this is not their first time they sold or shut down within a season, immediately after promising that it's going to last this time and that it's in it for the long term.

the second thing is selling PII including addresses to someone that has effectively attempted to kill LET members in the past (sending US cops toward a fake hostage situation absolutely is 100% premediated attempted murder at minimum), even if it is as a teenager, will make people uneasy, even if they have grown up since then.

• bruh.jpeg

Thanked by 1skorupion
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited June 2021

Honestly, if you sold your company to any other more reliable company, there wont be much complaints here, it is not about toxic or not.

That said, hope everything is well to you and your family.

• amadex1337amadex1337 Member
    edited June 2021

So our projects and VMs are depending on someones wifes YES. 🤣 Amazing!

• mike1smike1s Member

@amadex1337 said:
    So our projects and VMs are depending on someones wifes YES. 🤣 Amazing!

Uh.. my wife is part owner in the business.

• Anyway, I wish you luck in life and work. Clients will be angry for a while but it all passes. Head up and finish your life commitments.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • All the best Michael..

So wdmg will be back here under a new name as a new provider?

• mike1smike1s Member

@GOBBLES said:
    All the best Michael..

As far as I know, Curtis/Slacker Networks won't be advertising on LET. I don't know his full plans, but I know he's going to be deploying some nicer hardware here soon for the current clients, and doing some very nice improvements. I know Path is very soon.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2021

@SWN_Michael said:

@GOBBLES said:
    All the best Michael..

As far as I know, Curtis/Slacker Networks won't be advertising on LET. I don't know his full plans, but I know he's going to be deploying some nicer hardware here soon for the current clients, and doing some very nice improvements. I know Path is very soon.

What are you going to do with your Tampa rack? Selling all your hardware and handing over the contracts/commitments (Ex. Cogent, Rack Space, etc.) to Curtis?

• @SWN_Michael said: but I know he's going to be deploying some nicer hardware here soon for the current clients, and doing some very nice improvements

Which means he is coming back.. ;)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

All the best to the family Mike. I’ll help where I can.

Francisco

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • mike1smike1s Member
    edited June 2021

@GOBBLES said:

@SWN_Michael said: but I know he's going to be deploying some nicer hardware here soon for the current clients, and doing some very nice improvements

Which means he is coming back.. ;)

There's other markets in addition to LET. Curtis doesn't need this place heh.

• mike1smike1s Member

@aqua said:

@SWN_Michael said:

@GOBBLES said:
    All the best Michael..

What are you going to do with your Tampa rack? Selling all your hardware and handing over the contracts/commitments (Ex. Cogent, Rack Space, etc.) to Curtis?

I'm keeping the rack as I have a couple colocation clients along with my own stuff, subleasing some space to Curtis/Slacker Networks. I have no plans whatsoever to return to VPS hosting at any scale, going to sit back, relax, and take a light work load in addition to my day job.