Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PayPal issues... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PayPal issues...

Comments

• veebleveeble Member, Patron Provider

I have mixed feelings regarding 2checkout. But they have PayPal option for end users to pay with.
    However they do not process Mastercards now at all...

• defaultdefault Veteran

@DataIdeas-Josh - you need a website man. When PayPal is checking for disputes and refunds, they can not see your terms and conditions, or your services. You can't do business like this, without openness and transparency.

Besides, I think PayPal mostly reacts to refunds. For example you refunded me because you closed a service of mine by accident. Don't jump to refunds straight away, maybe customer accepts the service to be recreated (like I would have), without you going through some bad PayPal reputation. In my opinion PayPal refunds are there to be done only (and only) in extreme circumstances (like when the client and provider can not reach a solution to a problem).

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • MarcoooMarcooo Member, Host Rep

PayPal suspended us companys accounts aswell for no reason we had arround 5 chargebacks and always pay Them back.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

A little update.
    I had contacted them again today and the person that I talked to didn't think any of my services were within a reason of AUP violation. They sent it back in for review and to contact me to help with coming to a resolution if a service I provide is an issue.
    ~Josh

• @donko said:
    https://www.mollie.com/en for paypal payments?

Does Mollie accept all major credit cards?

• MarcoooMarcooo Member, Host Rep

@Offshore_Solutions said:

@donko said:

Does Mollie accept all major credit cards?

Yes but they are strict with giving access to creditcard payment based on risks.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • credit card
    or
    alipay

• edited May 2021

@FAT32 said:
    Anyone want to invest on LowEndCoin? Let's build one on top of one of the smart chain / contract out there

🚀🌕📈

Yes, interested. Please give us more details?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I wonder if 'RPI', in your 'RPIServers', is some banned word in their books? Like, they think it means something else?

Francisco

• And this is why you get their virtual cards to use with other providers. Helps you keep track and track payments to.

Its odd because paypal can just get ran through their virtual cards and you can specify the payment method for that virtual card........

for PayPal to be blocking stuff is funny.

• pierrepierre Member

@donko said:

@pierre said:

@donko said:

They require you to have a PayPal account, which in this sense is utterly useless. Why pay them a €0.10 fee for them to just put it in your PayPal account.

I might be wrong and you can accept payments without a PayPal account.

you're right, I thought they use their own paypal like 2checkout :/

Well then @DataIdeas-Josh use 2checkout.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

We are slowly moving away from PayPal, I think it’s right time for everyone to dump PayPal. I think they need to rename their shady business to something like RipoffPal - I personally experienced the issues from both sides like consumer and business. Currency exchange is very odd exchange rate and transactions are processed at higher fees than the rest payment providers.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2021

@Francisco said:
    I wonder if 'RPI', in your 'RPIServers', is some banned word in their books? Like, they think it means something else?

Francisco

I think it's more likely that the ToS and AUP aren't available on the main site (you have to start an order to read them). When you do read them, there's notes about account credit being non refundable and the add funds feature is enabled.

@DataIdeas-Josh I'd suggest linking your policies (as a page not pdf) on your main site & disable the add funds feature. Phone PayPal up too, although annoying to need to do it Vs a ticket, they're generally more receptive over the phone.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jackb said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I think it's more likely that the ToS and AUP aren't available on the main site (you have to start an order to read them). When you do read them, there's notes about account credit being non refundable and the add funds feature is enabled.

If that's the case then it doesn't justify a full closure, it should be a 'we suspend your ability to send payments until you fix this'. Josh fixes it in 3 seconds and it's resolved.

If that's the case it's extremely heavy handed of them.

Francisco

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

@jackb said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

If that's the case then it doesn't justify a full closure, it should be a 'we suspend your ability to send payments until you fix this'. Josh fixes it in 3 seconds and it's resolved.

Francisco

True, though it wouldn't be the first time I've heard of something like that getting flagged and going through several people via PayPals ticket system before eventually getting to the bottom of it.

@jackb said:

@Francisco said:

@jackb said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Francisco

True, though it wouldn't be the first time I've heard of something like that getting flagged and going through several people via PayPals ticket system before eventually getting to the bottom of it.

Hopefully after talking with them today things will smoothen out.
    I do agree about the TOS/AUP/Privacy policy needs to be on their own.
    I will make that adjustments tonight.

@jackb I think I have the add funds feature disabled but will double check.

@Francisco What do you think 'RPI' is meaning to them?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

R.I.P PayPal Holdings, Inc.

Thanked by 1MannDude

@thedp said:
    R.I.P PayPal Holdings, Inc.

I guess :astonished: but I mean you go to https://RPIServers.com and greeted with a Raspberry.... So who knows. Hopefully things will work its way out and I can at least work out a deal with them.

• RPI - rapid prostate insertion?

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@NobodyInteresting said:
    RPI - rapid prostate insertion?

Sounds like fun, with a Raspberry Pi?

• @Jord said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

If it fits - it ships™ 😂

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Jord said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

If it fits - it ships™ 😂

I mean a rpizero is small..
    Although been having many issues with the zero. Probably will be taking those back off the site.
    Anyways we getting off topic.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@hotsnow said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@hotsnow said:
    @DataIdeas-Josh may I ask if you have any plan to support Alipay or WeChat Pay? it seems
    the https://www.payssion.com/ can do this, thanks.

Supposedly stripe can accept wechat and alipay.
    but thats a slick slope as well.

https://stripe.com/alipay/legal#prohibited-business-list
    Granted VPS/Colo is not on there.

seems can't use now, if I select Stripe, only Credit Card can be used :(

I've noticed many providers which support Alipay or WeChat Pay are using payssion.com as the payment gateway.

waiting on their approval

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@hotsnow said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@hotsnow said:
    @DataIdeas-Josh may I ask if you have any plan to support Alipay or WeChat Pay? it seems
    the https://www.payssion.com/ can do this, thanks.

Supposedly stripe can accept wechat and alipay.
    but thats a slick slope as well.

https://stripe.com/alipay/legal#prohibited-business-list
    Granted VPS/Colo is not on there.

seems can't use now, if I select Stripe, only Credit Card can be used :(

I've noticed many providers which support Alipay or WeChat Pay are using payssion.com as the payment gateway.

waiting on their approval

any updates? :smile:

edited May 2021

@hotsnow
    Got approval and currently trying to get the gateway to accept alipay at least.
    As far as the Payssion waiting on approval still on that.

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:
    A little update.
    I had contacted them again today and the person that I talked to didn't think any of my services were within a reason of AUP violation. They sent it back in for review and to contact me to help with coming to a resolution if a service I provide is an issue.
    ~Josh

Good old AUP violation bs from PayPal. How did they send it back for review, did you submit a ticket through their support or just called them? Usually you'll be getting completely ignored and your highest chance is to submit a complaint over BBB and then PayPal will most likely respond and actually do a proper investigation.

@kalimov622 said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    A little update.
    ~Josh

Good old AUP violation bs from PayPal. How did they send it back for review, did you submit a ticket through their support or just called them? Usually you'll be getting completely ignored and your highest chance is to submit a complaint over BBB and then PayPal will most likely respond and actually do a proper investigation.

I have called them and also sent a message through their "message center". Hopefully this will be resolved quickly.
    I hope they reinstate my account as I use PayPal for more than just VPS.
    As I run quite a few brands under the Data Ideas LLC company.
    If there is an issue with a particular brand then we will be glad to remove it as a payment option. However we would like to know what brand is causing the issues.
    For now we wait to see what will happen. I am keeping my head up and hoping for the best.
    ~Josh

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    @hotsnow

when will can pay by Alipay? my invoice only two days left :s

@hotsnow said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    @hotsnow

I know, I am waiting as well for the developer and / or paypal.
    ~Josh

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@hotsnow said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    @hotsnow

I know, I am waiting as well for the developer and / or paypal.
    ~Josh

thanks, only 1 day left, hope the Alipay can use, or Paypal back online :D

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited May 2021

@hotsnow said:
    thanks, only 1 day left, hope the Alipay can use, or Paypal back online :D

Chill out a bit, @DataIdeas-Josh is a pretty reasonable dude; pretty sure he won't terminate your services over a few hours of a missed invoice considering its a payment gateway issue.