Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some more storage and NVMe goodness - Amsterdam - 40G networking - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Some more storage and NVMe goodness - Amsterdam - 40G networking

Comments

• shunglayshunglay Member
    edited May 2021

• caracalcaracal Member

He’s asking on renewal post 2 years will he get extra bandwidth which is a question I was too myopic to ask. @hosthatch

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @hosthatch any chance of seeing 250gb plans in other Europe location?

• shunglayshunglay Member
    edited May 2021

maybe

• tetechtetech Member

@bdl said:

@shunglay said:
    @hosthatch hello, '(+ 30 TB for 2 years)', if I ordered one server and paid for 2 years, it means that without cancel service I can always get extral 30TB bandwidth, or I can get a two-years only? Also, to get the extra resources, do I need to open a ticket after finishing the order? Thank you~

You pay for two years in advance and get the additional 30TB.

You cancel early, you forfeit the service for whatever time is remaining of the two years.

I think the question was whether the purchaser receives "30TB per month for the next two years" or "30TB per month as long as they stay on the plan if purchased with a biennial term".

The answer is the latter - you receive 30TB per month for as long as you keep renewing, assuming you pay biennially.

• @tetech said:

@bdl said:

@shunglay said:
    @hosthatch hello, '(+ 30 TB for 2 years)', if I ordered one server and paid for 2 years, it means that without cancel service I can always get extral 30TB bandwidth, or I can get a two-years only? Also, to get the extra resources, do I need to open a ticket after finishing the order? Thank you~

You pay for two years in advance and get the additional 30TB.

You cancel early, you forfeit the service for whatever time is remaining of the two years.

I think the question was whether the purchaser receives "30TB per month for the next two years" or "30TB per month as long as they stay on the plan if purchased with a biennial term".

The answer is the latter - you receive 30TB per month for as long as you keep renewing, assuming you pay biennially.

your are right! Thank you for your answer~

• jokjokjokjok Member

So sad that I am too late for this.

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited May 2021

Invoice #235936. I hope its not too late.

Just caved in to the 250G AMS deal for next cloud. I already have one with BuyVM at LUX, which costs like 3.25 $ per month, but I just couldnt resist this deal. Would have ideally liked the STO 2TB deal but it was out of stock.

• skorousskorous Member

@xetsys said:

Well they did say it'd be ending about 12 hours ago. Maybe you'll get lucky.

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited May 2021

@skorous said:

@xetsys said:

Well they did say it'd be ending about 12 hours ago. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Many items are still available. If you really want one, you should check these promos:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3231110/#Comment_3231110

Beware, 2TB ones are out of stock everywhere.

• rak007rak007 Member

Apologies if my question is dumb and I am new to forum. I click the links in main post, for example...

https://manage.hosthatch.com/billing/order/ams-250g-storage

I always end up in 404 page. If I got to the hosthatch website directly and try to manually find the same, I don't find anywhere.

Or is it always going to 404 because the VPS is Out of Stock?

• fazarfazar Member

@rak007 said:

yes.

• rak007rak007 Member

@fazar said:

@rak007 said:

yes.

Thank you very much for the clarification.

• miumiu Member
    edited May 2021

ahh apologies, added wrong comment on wrong page

• @rak007 said:
    I always end up in 404 page. If I got to the hosthatch website directly and try to manually find the same, I don't find anywhere.

HostHatch deals are highly desirable, so you need to be quick :)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Damnit stop bumping the thread :D

For a second I thought they were running deals again.

• @thedp said:
    Damnit stop bumping the thread :D

For a second I thought they were running deals again.

Haha! I wish! :-)

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited June 2021

@hosthatch said:

@fragpic said:
    Any ETA on true private networking i.e private VLANs?

Hopefully, end of May or the start of June. We have a design already, just have to make it backward compatible for existing users. Everyone will get a private /24 that they can freely use between their servers. We'll have floating/failover IPs hopefully at the same time :)

Any updates on this?

Sorry for bumping the thread, I just wasn't sure if it was appropriate to create a new one just for this.

Thanked by 1fragpic
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I thought they were running deals yet again 😂

• defaultdefault Veteran

Please let this thread sink. HostHatch is unlikely to do any storage offers, especially with Chia growing at 0.5 exabytes per day, while HDDs are three times more expensive. We need to be realistic and respectful. Please let this sink.

/thread

Thanked by 1ivysaur
  • @thedp said:
    I thought they were running deals yet again 😂

Sorry!! I thought it'd be okay to reply because the last reply was only around a week ago 😂 I wouldn't have replied if it were older than that.

• Ordered yesterday VPS in Amsterdam. Run test just after buy.

They fixed this.... but this is 10 years old server :) Why you are not write about your old old servers on your site?
    I asked about cancel this VPS and move the balance to my other VPS - not moneyback. And Hosthatch rejected this request. Great! :)
    I wish you luck and next month move out other vps.

• @verydima said:
    Ordered yesterday VPS in Amsterdam. Run test just after buy.
    They fixed this.... but this is 10 years old server :) Why you are not write about your old old servers on your site?
    I asked about cancel this VPS and move the balance to my other VPS - not moneyback. And Hosthatch rejected this request. Great! :)

Did you read before buying?

• @chocolateshirt said: Did you read before buying?

What drama would that be? Reading is for losers.

• @chocolateshirt said:

@verydima said:

Yes. And never saw about 10 years old servers.

• drizbodrizbo Member
    edited July 2021

@verydima said: Yes. And never saw about 10 years old servers.

>

Was age specified? And how many days can CPU be old for you to be acceptable in this offer?

And this specific CPU came out Q3'13, which is not 10 years either.

• @verydima said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@verydima said:

Yes. And never saw about 10 years old servers.

Whutt? It mentioned on page 1, espscially on YABS result..

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@verydima said:

They fixed this...

You opened a ticket and we fixed the upload speed problem for you in a few minutes. It would be fair if you shared a screenshot after we fixed it too. For example (a test VM on the same node as you):

Tue Jul 20 13:28:22 EDT 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2999.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 3.7 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 33.5 GiB

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 3.12 Gbits/sec  | 3.61 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 8.54 Gbits/sec  | 7.45 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 16.0 Gbits/sec  | 12.70 Gbits/sec

@verydima said: I asked about cancel this VPS and move the balance to my other VPS - not moneyback.

Our minimum billing period currently is a month. We do not provide hourly servers.

Our refund policy is available at https://hosthatch.com/terms-of-service

• Will you soon upgrade to 40GBit/s at your other locations? You mentioned summer this year in another thread (or this? can't remember), I know it's still summer for a while just no recent news about it.

• @hosthatch What does 40gigabit actually mean? Per node 40gbit instead of 10gigabit ?