Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media Value1000 Seedboxes! Let's Try This Again! 6TB For Just 6.99€/Mo! 4TB 4.99€/Month! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media Value1000 Seedboxes! Let's Try This Again! 6TB For Just 6.99€/Mo! 4TB 4.99€/Month!

Comments

• needsyneedsy Member

@seed2tweet said:

@needsy said:

It's a glitch, but they won't fix it. Ask me how I know :neutral:

Let me guess, have you contacted them on a similar matter?

Yes. They acknowledged the problem and then ghosted me when I followed up about it.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

That bug happens on very few accounts, and is on the bug fix list. Just no dev time yet to make that fix. To my knowledge even when that bug happens no one has gotten unfairly limited bandwidth, well at least no such tickets.

We have not refused to fix it, we are simply humans with a small team.
    It will get fixed, but no current known ETA. All of our staff is scrambling to deliver all the dedis ordered in the past 1-2 weeks, yesterday alone we delivered 650TB worth of storage servers....

If you want to get it fixed faster, our software base is open source, you can install it on any VPS and fix the issue, we'll review it and then implement the fix.

• taizitaizi Member

how do you handle dmca takedown(like i am seeding some copyright content on public trackers),it is ingore-dmca?

• ps20090ps20090 Member

@taizi said:
    how do you handle dmca takedown(like i am seeding some copyright content on public trackers),it is ingore-dmca?

They ignore DMCA cause they own their own internet/own ISP or something. No problems with DMCA on PulsedMedia.

Still try to seed like to a set ratio/stop after certain amount of upload cause public tracker torrents will take alot of bandwidth and people with who I share server with, might hate me cause it their seedbox will be slower and has less bandwidth available.

Check at https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenSignups and apply/register for some private trackers or DM me your email and I will invites for some private trackers if you want.

Thanked by 1taizi
  • taizitaizi Member
    edited May 2021

# The promotion code entered has expired #
    when i use promo code 202103let-v1000m-50
    oh sorry,i did't notice the post date

• Could someone explain how to use syncthing? I typed syncthing into the termial and it started, but I haven't figured out how to open GUI to configure it.

• @definitelyliam said:

@seed2tweet said:
    @definitelyliam said:

I managed to install Jellyfin and while it works for direct play, the interface is extremely slow thanks to it being on what I assume is HDD with other people writing to/reading off of it.

I'd assume Emby would turn out the same way even if you did get it installed.

For me, judging by rutorrent/rtorrent performance, the HDD speeds are excellent.

Could you please share the instructions you used to install Jellyfin. I would like to try give it a try also.

1. Download the .NET Core binaries: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-aspnetcore-5.0.4-linux-x64-binaries and extract it to $HOME/dotnet
    2. Add it to your Path
    3. Download the combined portal version of Jellyfin: https://repo.jellyfin.org/releases/server/portable/stable/
    4. Extract Jellyfin and run the jellyfin binary inside.

Run it once, set it up and go to the Networking tab to change the port. Then restart Jellyfin.

How do you propose to run Jellyfin binary? via screen or tmux? is there a better way to run it without screen or tmux like daemon or something service if we can use? Or any better alternative to keep it running without using screen or tmux in anyway

• edited June 2021

@Merlincool said:

@definitelyliam said:

@seed2tweet said:
    @definitelyliam said:

I managed to install Jellyfin and while it works for direct play, the interface is extremely slow thanks to it being on what I assume is HDD with other people writing to/reading off of it.

I'd assume Emby would turn out the same way even if you did get it installed.

For me, judging by rutorrent/rtorrent performance, the HDD speeds are excellent.

Could you please share the instructions you used to install Jellyfin. I would like to try give it a try also.

1. Download the .NET Core binaries: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-aspnetcore-5.0.4-linux-x64-binaries and extract it to $HOME/dotnet
    2. Add it to your Path
    3. Download the combined portal version of Jellyfin: https://repo.jellyfin.org/releases/server/portable/stable/
    4. Extract Jellyfin and run the jellyfin binary inside.

Run it once, set it up and go to the Networking tab to change the port. Then restart Jellyfin.

How do you propose to run Jellyfin binary? via screen or tmux? is there a better way to run it without screen or tmux like daemon or something service if we can use? Or any better alternative to keep it running without using screen or tmux in anyway

I use screen. I wrote a script so that you can just use /path/to/jellyfin.sh start once you have the correct screen command. I add this to a cron job so that it'll start it up if it ever stops (like if the server reboots or something just went wrong). If it's already started, it won't start another instance.

For Jellyfin, it's /usr/bin/screen -S "${SIGNATURE}" -fa -d -m /path/to/jellyfin (probably, I don't have JF on my seedbox anymore).

Thanked by 1Merlincool
  • xetsysxetsys Member

@definitelyliam said:
    snip

Using JellyFin on a shared server with HDD storage, is asking for trouble. For 1-2$, there are several KVM VPS providers which can be used for media apps with mounted seedbox storage.

• @xetsys said:

@definitelyliam said:
    snip

Using JellyFin on a shared server with HDD storage, is asking for trouble. For 1-2$, there are several KVM VPS providers which can be used for media apps with mounted seedbox storage.

What exactly you have in mind? Can you elobrate? which provider ? are you asking to buy BUYVM?

• xetsysxetsys Member

@Merlincool said:

@xetsys said:

@definitelyliam said:
    snip

What exactly you have in mind? Can you elobrate? which provider ? are you asking to buy BUYVM?

https://lowendbox.com/blog/2-usd-vps-cheap-vps-under-2-month/
    https://lowendbox.com/blog/1-vps-1-usd-vps-per-month/

As long as its direct play and no transcoding, these will be fine. There are several providers here which have yearly deals and may offer more value.

• @xetsys said:

@definitelyliam said:
    snip

Yeah, set your expectations accordingly. As I've said, I don't use it on the seedbox myself.

• @PulsedMedia any promo discount right now?

• @lifeform said:
    @PulsedMedia any promo discount right now?

It was mentioned on some post earlier on lowendtalk, "because of chia mining, it would be delayed"

• taizitaizi Member

i got crashed frequently on my value1000 M.yes,rutorrent is unstable.But it just crashing again and again,every few days(like 3days or just in 15 mins),is it my fault?
    I still thinking should i renew my seedbox,i know it is cost-effective,but the crashing letting some pt tarcker think i am multiple client in 30 minutes and banned me from seeding for a hour...
    Also,they have slow ticket reposend recentlly,one of my ticket waited 10days and still not any reply until i reply to this non-reply ticket...

• @taizi said:
    i got crashed frequently on my value1000 M.yes,rutorrent is unstable.But it just crashing again and again,every few days(like 3days or just in 15 mins),is it my fault?

Those are Over sold seedbox on hetzner servers. So they are bound to get crash and there is no help possible by support team.

the crashing letting some pt tarcker think i am multiple client in 30 minutes and banned me from seeding for a hour...

I have had same issue, but I was told that it's not thier issue and rutorrent/rtorrent Dev's are not working on some fix or something was reply given to me.

Also,they have slow ticket reposend recentlly,one of my ticket waited 10days and still not any reply until i reply to this non-reply ticket...

That's not new at all. My ticket unattended from 3 days. In past have to wait even for longer time.

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited June 2021

Same here, the ticket has not been attended. I hope everything is alright.

The server is running out of space for some odd reason. This crashes rutorrent and deluge. My files dont even make 50% of the allocated space. Seems like someone is overstepping the bounds or there is a bug with their seedbox template which is allocating more to certain users than it should.

• @xetsys said:

The server is running out of space for some odd reason. This crashes rutorrent and deluge. My files dont even make 50% of the allocated space. Seems like someone is overstepping the bounds or there is a bug with their seedbox template which is allocating more to certain users than it should.

Yes my box is 77% full, I am on 6 TiB box (5.5 TB) and with that my free space should be over 1100 Gb or 1.1 TB. But the free space is shown as 780 ish GB.

I am sure no other files resides anywhere in any directory of seedbox. There is definitely something wrong with template or some bug affecting allocated space.

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited June 2021

Glad to know I wasn't the only one affected by this. They told me that the server needs load balancer. I could be wrong but this could be resolved if the seedbox script enforces equal resources for all users. Lets hope @PulsedMedia is working on a solution.

• taizitaizi Member

@xetsys said:

***@3-97hakuna:~$ df -hl
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    udev 24G 0 24G 0% /dev
    tmpfs 4.8G 560M 4.2G 12% /run
    /dev/md0 28G 5.6G 21G 22% /
    tmpfs 24G 0 24G 0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
    tmpfs 24G 0 24G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    /dev/md1 29T 29T 0 100% /home

the server of my seedbox are no any space left, gg
    maybe it is the reason cause my rutorrent dead and it's not back to normal yet

• xetsysxetsys Member

@taizi said:

@xetsys said:

***@3-97hakuna:~$ df -hl
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    udev 24G 0 24G 0% /dev
    tmpfs 4.8G 560M 4.2G 12% /run
    /dev/md0 28G 5.6G 21G 22% /
    tmpfs 24G 0 24G 0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
    tmpfs 24G 0 24G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    /dev/md1 29T 29T 0 100% /home

the server of my seedbox are no any space left, gg
    maybe it is the reason cause my rutorrent dead and it's not back to normal yet

Yes, the rtorrent on ssh explicitly warns about running out of space. The web rutorrent front end just cant load the backend as there is no space on server for apps

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • Mine also borked right now

• mikewazarmikewazar Member
    edited June 2021
    mikewaza@3-178solange:~$ df -h
    Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    udev             24G     0   24G   0% /dev
    tmpfs           4.8G  836M  4.0G  18% /run
    /dev/md0         28G   13G   15G  47% /
    tmpfs            24G     0   24G   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
    tmpfs            24G     0   24G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    /dev/md1         29T   29T  424G  99% /home
    tmpfs           4.8G     0  4.8G   0% /run/user/0
    tmpfs           4.8G     0  4.8G   0% /run/user/1005
    tmpfs           4.8G     0  4.8G   0% /run/user/1001
    tmpfs           4.8G     0  4.8G   0% /run/user/1006
    tmpfs           4.8G     0  4.8G   0% /run/user/1009
    tmpfs           4.8G     0  4.8G   0% /run/user/1012
    tmpfs           4.8G     0  4.8G   0% /run/user/1010
    tmpfs           4.8G     0  4.8G   0% /run/user/1004
    tmpfs           4.8G     0  4.8G   0% /run/user/1007
    tmpfs           4.8G     0  4.8G   0% /run/user/1000
    tmpfs           4.8G     0  4.8G   0% /run/user/33
    tmpfs           4.8G     0  4.8G   0% /run/user/65534

man tf @PulsedMedia what's going on here

• I can only assume they manually deal with users that use more than their allocated storage, which is why someone filled up a disk past their 6 TB storage (assuming it's only 6 TB users on one node).

Since it's the middle of the weekend, tickets probably won't be handled until Monday (or even later). Can't do much more than wait.

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited June 2021

@Decicus said:
    I can only assume they manually deal with users that use more than their allocated storage, which is why someone filled up a disk past their 6 TB storage (assuming it's only 6 TB users on one node).

No, they have per-user disk quotas in place for that. It's also how they do the "bonus" disk space feature.

• @jmgcaguicla said:

@Decicus said:
    I can only assume they manually deal with users that use more than their allocated storage, which is why someone filled up a disk past their 6 TB storage (assuming it's only 6 TB users on one node).

No, they have per-user disk quotas in place for that. It's also how they do the "bonus" disk space feature.

They also allow for people to go 25% past their quota for up to 7 days. Just because they track each user's storage based on their quota, doesn't mean they have a system in place for suspending a slot or automatically removing data.

That's not to say that they don't have that, because I can't say that with 100% certainty, but it seems like an easy explanation as to why disks are full.

• xetsysxetsys Member

There are at least 05 users on any server. Per user, the storage space is around 5.5TB. With bursts, it goes slightly higher than 6TB. It is possible that users are abusing these limits, leaving the moderate/low end user with no space when they should have.

• The space on the server I am on has been filled too and I am way under quota. I had cleared out 1tb of my unneeded junk to dl some new stuff and it got magically filled up again overnight. I put in a ticket 4 days ago and still no reply from tickets.

• taizitaizi Member

@dystopia said:
    The space on the server I am on has been filled too and I am way under quota. I had cleared out 1tb of my unneeded junk to dl some new stuff and it got magically filled up again overnight. I put in a ticket 4 days ago and still no reply from tickets.

don't delete it,your neighborhood will take up these space ASAP

• @taizi said:

@dystopia said:
    The space on the server I am on has been filled too and I am way under quota. I had cleared out 1tb of my unneeded junk to dl some new stuff and it got magically filled up again overnight. I put in a ticket 4 days ago and still no reply from tickets.

don't delete it,your neighborhood will take up these space ASAP

That's totally terrible way of space distribution