Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Pulsed Media Value1000 Seedboxes! Let's Try This Again! 6TB For Just 6.99€/Mo! 4TB 4.99€/Month! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Pulsed Media Value1000 Seedboxes! Let's Try This Again! 6TB For Just 6.99€/Mo! 4TB 4.99€/Month!

12467

Comments

  • @Merlincool said:

    @definitelyliam said:

    From Jellyfin, Dashboard -> Networking. You do need Jellyfin running though, which you don't seem too have done yet (hence the error).

    Your issue would be solved by steps 1 to 3 (adding the dotnet binary to your path).

    You were right the path was set wrong and after I set up proper path, next I got stuck at

    "-bash /home/$USER/dotnet/dotnet cannot execute binary file: Exec format error"

    I guess I am missing some java part here which wasn't covered in steps 1-3, sorry that this ain't debugging thread about the queries but I believe you might know exactly where I am stuck at, thanks for all help ;-)

    Not sure about the error, looks like you downloaded the binary for a different platform. For reference, the seedboxes are amd64, so these are the binaries you need: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-aspnetcore-5.0.5-linux-x64-binaries

    If you need help feel free to message me. I don't want to fully hijack the thread, I'm just another customer.

  • It seems all right

  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Provider

    @definitelyliam said: I don't want to fully hijack the thread

    It's ok, actually glad you could help :) So feel free to hijack the thread! :)

    Thanked by 1definitelyliam
  • Is there root access?

    And I use sonarr, radarr, lidarr, rclone, sabnzbd, Plex, jellyfin, and ombi

    Can all those be installed on your boxes?

  • @Hhhonlyfan said:
    Is there root access?

    And I use sonarr, radarr, lidarr, rclone, sabnzbd, Plex, jellyfin, and ombi

    Can all those be installed on your boxes?

    No, root access is not available. Rclone and arrs work with torrents perfectly. Being a shared space, Nzb related applications will work at the cost of others' resources. So you may be reported by others for abuse.

    Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @xetsys said:

    @Hhhonlyfan said:
    Is there root access?

    And I use sonarr, radarr, lidarr, rclone, sabnzbd, Plex, jellyfin, and ombi

    Can all those be installed on your boxes?

    No, root access is not available. Rclone and arrs work with torrents perfectly. Being a shared space, Nzb related applications will work at the cost of others' resources. So you may be reported by others for abuse.

    Thanks

    Hard pass here then without proper nzb support.

    Thanked by 1xetsys
  • xetsysxetsys Member
    edited April 2021

    @Hhhonlyfan said:

    @xetsys said:

    @Hhhonlyfan said:
    Is there root access?

    And I use sonarr, radarr, lidarr, rclone, sabnzbd, Plex, jellyfin, and ombi

    Can all those be installed on your boxes?

    No, root access is not available. Rclone and arrs work with torrents perfectly. Being a shared space, Nzb related applications will work at the cost of others' resources. So you may be reported by others for abuse.

    Thanks

    Hard pass here then without proper nzb support.

    Right.

    May I suggest you to look into hetzner dedi for nzb+rclone? I used to be in similar situation with netcup but then I realized the hard way that the shared resources are not cut for such tasks.

  • @Hhhonlyfan said:

    Thanks

    Hard pass here then without proper nzb support.

    Just install them as a regular user. i.e. a standalone binary or something. There is a user on my box with sonarr/radarr so it's possible. Just be conservative of how often you're extracting files and you'll be fine.

    Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @xetsys said:

    @Hhhonlyfan said:

    @xetsys said:

    @Hhhonlyfan said:
    Is there root access?

    And I use sonarr, radarr, lidarr, rclone, sabnzbd, Plex, jellyfin, and ombi

    Can all those be installed on your boxes?

    No, root access is not available. Rclone and arrs work with torrents perfectly. Being a shared space, Nzb related applications will work at the cost of others' resources. So you may be reported by others for abuse.

    Thanks

    Hard pass here then without proper nzb support.

    Right.

    May I suggest you to look into hetzner dedi for nzb+rclone? I used to be in similar situation with netcup but then I realized the hard way that the shared resources are not cut for such tasks.

    already got a hetzner dedi. been looking for ways to cut costs as such

  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Provider

    sabnzbd is there, you can use it. But we very careful on resource usage, same on rclone.

    MDS series for sudo/root access

  • ofitofit Member

    @PulsedMedia Hello. I'm never used Seedbox provider, I'm simple use deluge + emby or plex on VPS or home dedi. Interesting to compare what different it is. Can you do something small for test. About $2/mo.

  • @ofit said:
    @PulsedMedia Hello. I'm never used Seedbox provider, I'm simple use deluge + emby or plex on VPS or home dedi. Interesting to compare what different it is. Can you do something small for test. About $2/mo.

    you can try for 7 days and opt for refund.

  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Provider

    @Merlincool said: you can try for 7 days and opt for refund.

    We actually offer 14 day moneyback :)

    @ofit said: Can you do something small for test. About $2/mo.

    All our offers are public and for everyone to see. We do not offer anything at 2$ currently

  • @PulsedMedia

    These are amazing offering but if you can do really LET style like something in less than 30 USD per Year :smirk:

    Not everyone has tones of GBs to consume. Even the cheapest one is way overkill for people like me.

  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Provider
    edited April 2021

    @noaman said: less than 30 USD per Year

    Sorry but we heard the helpdesk and sysadmin guys want to eat, and servers are hungry for electricity.

    Thanked by 1stevewatson301
  • ofitofit Member

    @Merlincool said:

    @ofit said:
    @PulsedMedia Hello. I'm never used Seedbox provider, I'm simple use deluge + emby or plex on VPS or home dedi. Interesting to compare what different it is. Can you do something small for test. About $2/mo.

    you can try for 7 days and opt for refund.

    Thanks, don't think about this.

    @ofit said: Can you do something small for test. About $2/mo.

    All our offers are public and for everyone to see. We do not offer anything at 2$ currently

    Your smallest plan cost about $6, for that money i can buy 1000GB Storage with BuyVM and install deluge + plex by myself with unlim BW. I wanted simple learn, why you are better then other VPS providers for seedbox.

  • @ofit said:

    @Merlincool said:

    @ofit said:
    @PulsedMedia Hello. I'm never used Seedbox provider, I'm simple use deluge + emby or plex on VPS or home dedi. Interesting to compare what different it is. Can you do something small for test. About $2/mo.

    you can try for 7 days and opt for refund.

    Thanks, don't think about this.

    @ofit said: Can you do something small for test. About $2/mo.

    All our offers are public and for everyone to see. We do not offer anything at 2$ currently

    Your smallest plan cost about $6, for that money i can buy 1000GB Storage with BuyVM and install deluge + plex by myself with unlim BW. I wanted simple learn, why you are better then other VPS providers for seedbox.

    Hi
    can you point me to that 1 tb 6 dollar server?
    Thanks

  • xetsysxetsys Member
    edited April 2021

    @ofit said:

    @Merlincool said:

    @ofit said:
    @PulsedMedia Hello. I'm never used Seedbox provider, I'm simple use deluge + emby or plex on VPS or home dedi. Interesting to compare what different it is. Can you do something small for test. About $2/mo.

    you can try for 7 days and opt for refund.

    Thanks, don't think about this.

    @ofit said: Can you do something small for test. About $2/mo.

    All our offers are public and for everyone to see. We do not offer anything at 2$ currently

    Your smallest plan cost about $6, for that money i can buy 1000GB Storage with BuyVM and install deluge + plex by myself with unlim BW. I wanted simple learn, why you are better then other VPS providers for seedbox.

    You are forgetting storage, which is 4x of the amount you get from the BuyVM. Please dont get me wrong as I really love BuyVM myself but a slice of 1000GB+512MB buyVM would cost 7$. And thats not unlimited, but unmetered. Not a long ago, I had a similar misconception but lets be fair. If you start abusing it like an unlimited connection, chances are you would be doing at the cost of others's resources which is unfair. Here the RAM and bandwidth is more than enough for it to be used as seedbox. If you only want to learn, you should try out free tiers like google cloud, oracle cloud or amazon ec2. A seedbox cant replace a dedicated slice. Both have their pros and cons.

  • @PulsedMedia said:

    @noaman said: less than 30 USD per Year

    Sorry but we heard the helpdesk and sysadmin guys want to eat, and servers are hungry for electricity.

    30$ per year, is ~2.5$ per month ... Less than 2€ per month received.
    To pay single staff members full salary costs means we'd need to sell 3000 of those ... 3000 people will make about 300 tickets a month on average, which will take half of that single person's time.

    Then we'd have to pay for the servers, R&D, software development, investments into the future.

    Yea only way to do that is to offer 50mb storage accounts, with 50mb of traffic quota, and put all 3000 people into a grand total of 30 servers or less.
    Now no one wants to buy it :)

    I totally agree with you but what I don't understand is how VPS providers are able to do it in the same prices.

    I totally agree with the support team . Most LEB providers simple don't provide decent support in these low end offerings .The only thing guaranteed is basic working of services.

    I would have purchased the 4-5 Euro Box but at the end I could get away with 500GB of storage. As I said I am not much of a power user.

  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Provider

    @noaman said: I don't understand is how VPS providers are able to do it in the same prices

    @noaman said: Most LEB providers simple don't provide decent support in these low end offerings

    You answered your own question there :)

    We did auctions in the past which winded up at your price range, and it was a huge PR disaster. Lucrative, but just a few slip ups and huge PR disaster ensued from small things slipping at support.

    @noaman said: I would have purchased the 4-5 Euro Box but at the end I could get away with 500GB of storage. As I said I am not much of a power user.

    Get one of our SSD seedboxes, you have much better time when there is less I/O delays, and our new SSD servers actually have Ryzen CPU. A bit stock limited right now, but there will be more soon (soon for us is within a few weeks or a month or two, not few days)

    For similar priced HDD options we are forced to use whatever we got to get the price right, but for SSD we can justify going higher end on the performance -- since that's what users are looking for. In HDD seedboxes people mostly look for bandwidth and storage capacity, and CPU power rarely even enters into the equation; Not even for most who want to stream, unless they want to transcode.

  • ofitofit Member

    @Redzone said:

    @ofit said:

    @Merlincool said:

    @ofit said:
    @PulsedMedia Hello. I'm never used Seedbox provider, I'm simple use deluge + emby or plex on VPS or home dedi. Interesting to compare what different it is. Can you do something small for test. About $2/mo.

    you can try for 7 days and opt for refund.

    Thanks, don't think about this.

    @ofit said: Can you do something small for test. About $2/mo.

    All our offers are public and for everyone to see. We do not offer anything at 2$ currently

    Your smallest plan cost about $6, for that money i can buy 1000GB Storage with BuyVM and install deluge + plex by myself with unlim BW. I wanted simple learn, why you are better then other VPS providers for seedbox.

    Hi
    can you point me to that 1 tb 6 dollar server?
    Thanks

    I'm said about VPS. Site lowendstorage.win or take a look in offers here and you find even cheaper $5/mo for 1TB.

    Examples
    BuyVM 1000GB Block Storage Slabs + DEDICATED KVM SLICES =$7
    wishosting 1GB RAM - 1TB HDD - 1x vCPU - Unlim Bandwidth - $6/mo

    GreenKVM

    Storage05TB
    500GB SATA
    1 core
    2 GB
    1 TB
    1 Gbps Port
    Linux
    24/7/365
    $30/year

    Storage1TB
    1TB SATA
    1 core
    2 GB
    2 TB
    1 Gbps Port
    Linux
    24/7/365
    $7/mo

    Kimsufu €7.99/mo for 2 TB Storage
    and many so on and don't foget

    @xetsys said:

    @ofit said:

    @Merlincool said:

    @ofit said:
    @PulsedMedia Hello. I'm never used Seedbox provider, I'm simple use deluge + emby or plex on VPS or home dedi. Interesting to compare what different it is. Can you do something small for test. About $2/mo.

    you can try for 7 days and opt for refund.

    Thanks, don't think about this.

    @ofit said: Can you do something small for test. About $2/mo.

    All our offers are public and for everyone to see. We do not offer anything at 2$ currently

    Your smallest plan cost about $6, for that money i can buy 1000GB Storage with BuyVM and install deluge + plex by myself with unlim BW. I wanted simple learn, why you are better then other VPS providers for seedbox.

    You are forgetting storage, which is 4x of the amount you get from the BuyVM. Please dont get me wrong as I really love BuyVM myself but a slice of 1000GB+512MB buyVM would cost 7$. And thats not unlimited, but unmetered. Not a long ago, I had a similar misconception but lets be fair. If you start abusing it like an unlimited connection, chances are you would be doing at the cost of others's resources which is unfair. Here the RAM and bandwidth is more than enough for it to be used as seedbox. If you only want to learn, you should try out free tiers like google cloud, oracle cloud or amazon ec2. A seedbox cant replace a dedicated slice. Both have their pros and cons.

    I can agreed with you but you are talking about High performance while i use max 200-250GB Storage + 500GB BW IN and 1000GB OUT. For me it more than enough, factually i use much lower. I'm one and this config with BuyVM will cost me about $3.25/mo. Even if it will used by 3 person it will need 750GB 1500GB IN and 3000 GB OUT ~ $5.75. You can find cheaper option but if you need more simple way buy Kimsifu box or Online or thinks about Seedbox provider becuse high plans are goob while small are bad at Pulsed Media. This promo offers with big storage were awesome but what i will use if for ?

  • @PulsedMedia said:

    @noaman said: I don't understand is how VPS providers are able to do it in the same prices

    @noaman said: Most LEB providers simple don't provide decent support in these low end offerings

    You answered your own question there :)

    We did auctions in the past which winded up at your price range, and it was a huge PR disaster. Lucrative, but just a few slip ups and huge PR disaster ensued from small things slipping at support.

    @noaman said: I would have purchased the 4-5 Euro Box but at the end I could get away with 500GB of storage. As I said I am not much of a power user.

    Get one of our SSD seedboxes, you have much better time when there is less I/O delays, and our new SSD servers actually have Ryzen CPU. A bit stock limited right now, but there will be more soon (soon for us is within a few weeks or a month or two, not few days)

    For similar priced HDD options we are forced to use whatever we got to get the price right, but for SSD we can justify going higher end on the performance -- since that's what users are looking for. In HDD seedboxes people mostly look for bandwidth and storage capacity, and CPU power rarely even enters into the equation; Not even for most who want to stream, unless they want to transcode.

    SSD versions are expensive then the ones you are sharing here.

    On an another note.

    Do you have something in your seedbox to real time sync to Google Drive (G-suite) ?

  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Provider

    @noaman said: Do you have something in your seedbox to real time sync to Google Drive (G-suite) ?

    rclone

    @ofit said: This promo offers with big storage were awesome but what i will use if for ?

    Just because it's not suitable for you, does not mean there are not others for whom it is perfect it.
    No single service or plan can cater to 100% of potential audience. That does not make the service or product bad, just not fitting to your particular needs.

  • seed2tweetseed2tweet Member
    edited May 2021

    Hello guys, I hope you enjoy this offer as much as I do!

    There is one odd thing about the upload traffic count, though. According to the welcome page, my 30-days upload traffic is 26.8 TB, so my upload speed is reduced. However, according to the rutorrent statistics, my upload traffic for this period is about 8TB only. The download traffic is about 4Tb, which is the maximum amount of data I could have FTPed from the server (most probably less). I'm not sure though if FTP traffic is counted. I also have used Emby for direct streaming twice per week max, so I expect upload traffic to be about 100-200Gb max. I don't have any other apps installed.

    Is there a glitch or I am missing something? (I can provide screenshots if necessary)
    Thanks in advance for your input.

  • @seed2tweet said:
    Hello guys, I hope you enjoy this offer as much as I do!

    There is one odd thing about the upload traffic count, though. According to the welcome page, my 30-days upload traffic is 26.8 TB, so my upload speed is reduced. However, according to the rutorrent statistics, my upload traffic for this period is about 8TB only. The download traffic is about 4Tb, which is the maximum amount of data I could have FTPed from the server (most probably less). I'm not sure though if FTP traffic is counted. I also have used Emby for direct streaming twice per week max, so I expect upload traffic to be about 100-200Gb max. I don't have any other apps installed.

    Is there a glitch or I am missing something? (I can provide screenshots if necessary)
    Thanks in advance for your input.

    You can always open a ticket and have them take a look at your account.

  • @NobodyInteresting said:

    You can always open a ticket and have them take a look at your account.

    I will. I was just making sure I'm not miscalculating anything.

    Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • needsyneedsy Member

    @seed2tweet said:
    Hello guys, I hope you enjoy this offer as much as I do!

    There is one odd thing about the upload traffic count, though. According to the welcome page, my 30-days upload traffic is 26.8 TB, so my upload speed is reduced. However, according to the rutorrent statistics, my upload traffic for this period is about 8TB only. The download traffic is about 4Tb, which is the maximum amount of data I could have FTPed from the server (most probably less). I'm not sure though if FTP traffic is counted. I also have used Emby for direct streaming twice per week max, so I expect upload traffic to be about 100-200Gb max. I don't have any other apps installed.

    Is there a glitch or I am missing something? (I can provide screenshots if necessary)
    Thanks in advance for your input.

    It's a glitch, but they won't fix it. Ask me how I know :neutral:

  • I guess it keeps showing how much you have consumed in past 30 days and it never resets on any day. Like next day you will have history of bandwidth used in past 30 days.

  • @Merlincool said:
    I guess it keeps showing how much you have consumed in past 30 days and it never resets on any day. Like next day you will have history of bandwidth used in past 30 days.

    That's not a problem, and I agree with such a policy. It's just that I uploaded twice less in the past 30 days according to rutorrent.

  • @needsy said:

    It's a glitch, but they won't fix it. Ask me how I know :neutral:

    Let me guess, have you contacted them on a similar matter?

Sign In or Register to comment.