Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Termination Notice from Own Web
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Termination Notice from Own Web

I received this message on Sunday from Own Web.

Question - Are Starservices, Own Web and Powerful Box run by the same people, or is Starservices separate?

Starservices latest offer here seems to be Ryzen SSD VPS Hosting | Windows | Snapshots | Anti DDoS | UK/USA/France/Finland/Germany from £0.92/m — LowEndTalk

Dear Joe Bloggs

With deep regret I hate to inform you that Own Web will no longer be offering VPS services within Germany, USA, Finland and France as from 24th of March 2021. We will also be closing down our Get Web Hosting range and Lowend VPS range on this date including UK locations, I understand loads of you will be angry about this decision. However, it has no longer become viable for myself and unfair that I am unable to always support you, any UK based managed services or packages from Own Web or Powerful Box will not be affected by this as alternative arrangement has been made.

Please if you are affected by this, please backup all your data from your VPS by the 24th of March to avoid any data lose. I do deeply regret this decision and understand I am letting loads of you down but I can no longer give the support that's required due the number of customers I have to deal with, I have also been running at a lose for the last half year. I also urge anyone with these services that have PayPal subscriptions with us to login to their PayPal account and cancel them now, unfortunately only you can cancel these subscriptions and can not be cancelled from our side.

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise to you all for this decision but I could not see no other option to get out the hole I am in and to deliver the support for your services you all deserve. I will also like to Thank you all for the experience of the last 3 years as it has literally been swat, blood and tears I also had a lot of laughs and smiles in there as well.

I wish you all the very best of luck wherever you go and hope finding a new reliable home does not cause much trouble for you.

Kindest Regards,

Rob

Comments

• I would just take your backup’s ASAP and go to another host

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2021

If someone need to help with migration we will be able to help, so we will help you to setup your VPS and migrate the data across to our services, we do great offers, see details at website address:
    https://www.web-project.co.uk/sales

Thanked by 1rchurch
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

The end is nigh.

• cazrzcazrz Member

looks like those dc are using OVH and he might be maintaining the non-OVH only.

• I have a service with him I am supposed to renew this month, but the service is so spotty that even at £11 a year I am letting it go.

Google searches are all over the place.

• coldcold Member

.fr node went today offline already and they don't answer to tickets

• @cazrz said:

OVH doesn't have Finland tho..

• cazrzcazrz Member

@serv_ee said:

@cazrz said:

OVH doesn't have Finland tho..

I thought so, well goodluck to the customers lol

• The guy was so burnt out he couldn't even use spellcheck or proofread his goodbye notice.

• @TimboJones said: The guy was so burnt out he couldn't even use spellcheck or proofread his goodbye notice.

LOL

• @TimboJones said:
    The guy was so burnt out he couldn't even use spellcheck or proofread his goodbye notice.

Noticed that too, letter was on a 5th grade level. Dude totally gave up.

• you need take backup first then search another one

• stephfd21stephfd21 Member
    edited March 2021

I have ownweb, they were good while they last but I need a new provider now. Can anyone here match the deal he gave me?

Ryzen 3900X (6 vcores @ 3.1GHZ)
    16GB RAM
    300GB NVME...
    $7 month (Prepaid for 2 years)

• JioJio Member

@stephfd21 said: Ryzen 3900X (6 vcores @ 3.1GHZ)
    16GB RAM
    300GB NVME...
    $7

and wonder why it is dead pool

• @Jio said:

16GB RAM
    300GB NVME...
    $7

This deal was only possible with a 2 year upfront payment.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@stephfd21 said:

@Jio said:

16GB RAM
    300GB NVME...
    $7

• @brueggus said:

@stephfd21 said:

@Jio said:

16GB RAM
    300GB NVME...
    $7

Yea i get it, it still didn't add up but I had been with the guy for a while so when his black friday deals appeared, I jumped at it. @seriesn I got a deal from hotline servers but I was actually about to purchase a deal from you before they messaged.

• @stephfd21 said:

@brueggus said:

@stephfd21 said:

@Jio said:

16GB RAM
    300GB NVME...
    $7

Yea i get it, it still didn't add up but I had been with the guy for a while so when his black friday deals appeared, I jumped at it. @seriesn I got a deal from hotline servers but I was actually about to purchase a deal from you before they messaged.

You basically still got a deal from Nexus then. Since Hotline=Nexus more or less.

• @serv_ee said:

@stephfd21 said:

@brueggus said:

@stephfd21 said:

@Jio said:

16GB RAM
    300GB NVME...
    $7

You basically still got a deal from Nexus then. Since Hotline=Nexus more or less.

No sir. We are not related. No conspiracy either.

Brian got sick, he told me to help his clients. I did. He got well. He is running his own show.

Thanked by 1hotlineservers
  • @stephfd21 said:

@brueggus said:

@stephfd21 said:

@Jio said:

16GB RAM
    300GB NVME...
    $7

All good brother :). See around some other day :)

• @yoursunny said: The end is nigh.

This is not your line.
    Please stick to your lines, let LET be LET.

• @seriesn said:

@serv_ee said:

@stephfd21 said:

@brueggus said:

@stephfd21 said:

@Jio said:

16GB RAM
    300GB NVME...
    $7

Brian got sick, he told me to help his clients. I did. He got well. He is running his own show.

Aaaaah. My bad, I kinda understood you took things over.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@serv_ee said:

@seriesn said:

@serv_ee said:

@stephfd21 said:

@brueggus said:

@stephfd21 said:

@Jio said:

16GB RAM
    300GB NVME...
    $7

Aaaaah. My bad, I kinda understood you took things over.

Make quotes never fold in your setting and look at this again

• The sad part is he's not replying to tickets or given any hint of a partial refund :neutral:

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited March 2021

They were ok-ish while they lasted. Still have a month or two from the yearly deal but at this point, I was idling my server for quite some time anyway. I did like the fact he used OVH which was a must for an older small project of mine so for me at least the server served its purpose.
    Hopefully, there will be some refunds for those who barely used their services otherwise, I'd take @seriesn's generous offer into consideration https://my.nexusbytes.com/knowledgebase/31/Switcher-Special-and-Contract-Buy-Out-Guidelines.html

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

I'd be happy to help out on the Web-Hosting front as well as provide migration assistance => as i have gone live with those services in .NL

DM or mail me. You can also open a ticket for details

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • Ryzen 3900X (6 vcores @ 3.1GHZ)
    16GB RAM
    300GB NVME...
    $7 month (Prepaid for 2 years)

That's even cheaper than lowendbox

• @stephfd21 said: This deal was only possible with a 2 year upfront payment.

So this was ponzi. Thanks for confirming.