Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Down - OVH - SBG - Lots and lots of tears. - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Down - OVH - SBG - Lots and lots of tears.

Comments

• with this incident, I begin to worry and wonder how their Singapore DC looks like...

• @DianTama said:
    with this incident, I begin to worry and wonder how their Singapore DC looks like...

Shoe box staples.

Thanked by 2DianTama TimboJones
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@DianTama said:
    with this incident, I begin to worry and wonder how their Singapore DC looks like...

Just a few Racks, no DC.

Thanked by 1DianTama
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@Neoon said:

@DianTama said:

Just a few Racks, no DC.

I also remember I saw pictures before.

Should mention it's 'Normal' Racks and not those creepy Ovh Racks

Thanked by 2webcraft DianTama
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@DianTama said:

They're hosting out of Equinix for their Sydney and Singapore DCs

Thanked by 1DianTama
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

You can't expect fancy equipment? I mean they have to cut corners somewhere, so they cut support off and save some in equipment by using ghettoe setup.

• @HostSlick said:

@Neoon said:

@DianTama said:

Just a few Racks, no DC.

I also remember I saw pictures before.

Should mention it's 'Normal' Racks and not those creepy Ovh Racks

@CConner said:

@DianTama said:

They're hosting out of Equinix for their Sydney and Singapore DCs

Ah, that's assuring...
    even tho I have my backup ready to roll, I just need to know how they handle my server.

• tsofttsoft Member

In the UK it is located in a terrible place at the first glance, it is not even in London... hhttps://goo.gl/maps/Aj528BjXYW3oXv7n9

It is the home of my top websites

• DataGizmosDataGizmos Member
    edited March 2021

@tsoft - why is that a terrible place? It's an industrial section of that city. Do you expect DC's to be located on the beach or ski slopes or high street?

That's because he knows that the best place for any DC is one's damp basement.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • @tsoft said:
    it is not even in London...

Looks to be within Greater London to me.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2021

For servers in SBG3 - 3x renewal, and for SBG2 - 6x renewal from the previous payment.

• xaocxaoc Member

@Vova1234 said:

For servers in SBG3 - 3x renewal, and for SBG2 - 6x renewal from the previous payment.

Price increase?

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

@xaoc said: Price increase?

Not. I don't know how to write it correctly in English:

une gratuité équivalente à 6 fois le montant de votre facture de février 2021 pour ce ou ces services

• @Vova1234 said:

@xaoc said: Price increase?

Not. I don't know how to write it correctly in English:

une gratuité équivalente à 6 fois le montant de votre facture de février 2021 pour ce ou ces services

Ok so basically 3 months free for SBG3 customers, 6 months free for SBG2 customers.

Thanked by 2sithrebel15 JTR
  • So they added to your wallet/balance 6 times the (monthly) price of server in SBG2 and 3 times the price of server in SBG3?

Only if that would happen on day 1 so people could re-order servers in different location ASAP...

• We will start repowering SBG1/SBG4 by the end of the next week, Fri, 19. It will take 2 days to have all servers UP.
    We will start repowering SBG3 by the mid of the next week, Wed, 17, it will take 6-8 days to have all servers UP.

State of Backup Service (Free or Paid) for the SBG customers:

• FTP Backup in SBG (Free/Paid) for VPS and Baremetal : the datas are in RBX. You have full access.
    • pCS in SBG: We hope to restore the pCS cluster in SBG next week. The servers are in SBG1 + SBG3. We may have some bad news, this is why the final status has to be confirmed in the next days.
    • Paid Backup VPS & PCI: 80% of the data are on pCS in SBG. please read the previous tweet about the state of pCS in SBG. 20% of the data was on pCA which was in SBG2.
    • Free/Paid Backup pCC in SBG1 was hosted in an separated room of SBG1. Both rooms are destroyed.
    • Free/Paid Backup pCC in SBG3: all datas seems to be safe.
    Thanked by 1sithrebel15

Damn, I wish I had severs in SBG2.

• I am presuming the market will be flooded in a few weeks with people offering to transfer their servers, due to the free time period = instant profit

Thanked by 1webcraft

Then boom, OVH goes bankrupt.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Meanwhile ...

@cociu who seems to have started, let's call it "technically very modest", and ran basically just like OVH ("sell! sell! sell! ... out of a crap box, who cares, just sell!") but of course on a much smaller scale and without the fat make up layer of OVH marketing, ...

... has a quite decent DC in a real industrial building, has very significantly enhanced his support, and now has very decent Telia connectivity (I'm currently running benchmarks).

... while OVH is forced to do a desperate move (3 - 6 months free) to stop bleeding customers in droves (To quote one competitor:"We've sold our monthly server stock within 2 days" and they even didn't advertise). ... just pre-IPO.

So my $7 is on cociu, not on OVH.

• pbxpbx Member

Do you guys know what kind of servers were in SBG2? Mostly KS? Sys? Cloud/OVH Shared stuff as well?

• I got VPS, so e-mail says:

Dear Customer,

Following the fire on 10 March in our Strasbourg (SBG) datacentre, VPS services were affected.

The impacts vary depending on the location of your service:

SBG2 datacentre (zones sbg-1, sbg-2 and sbg-4): The VPS cannot be put back into service.
    We recommend placing a new order for an alternative service in our Gravelines datacentre (GRA), where we are increasing our capacity. To support you, we will provide the service free of charge, for an equivalent of 6 times the amount of your February 2021 invoice for this service.

SBG3 datacentre (zone sbg-6): The VPS will be put back into service on 22 March.
    ➜  To identify where your VPS is located, log in to your manager

We will retroactively provide the service free of charge, for an equivalent of 3 times the amount of your February 2021 invoice for this service.
    For your most critical services that require a quicker restart, we recommend placing a new service order in our Gravelines datacentre (GRA), where we are increasing our capacity. In this case, the free service will be applied retroactively.

We will get back to you in a few days to inform you about the conditions for receiving this service free of charge.

In both cases:

Failover IPs are only transferrable in French datacentres, so if you would like to keep them, please choose VPS services located in Gravelines (GRA).
    If you have enabled the Backup option, we will be able to provide you with further information once our datacentres are back up and running. We will keep you informed.
    In the meantime, please follow the progress of the situation via our FAQ, which is updated in real time.

We would once again like to send our deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

The OVHcloud teams

Thanked by 2pbx JTR
  • 6 months of service for free ?
    Wow this must be the longest compensation period i have seen !

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • xaocxaoc Member

Very bad newds for VPS customers. ;)

• @momkin said:
    6 months of service for free ?
    Wow this must be the longest compensation period i have seen !

Thanked by 1webcraft

• 3 for non-burnt down services that will be restored (cough) within 2 weeks.
    6 months for burnt down services.

As the e-mail quotes.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @JabJab said:

3 for non-burnt down services that will be restored (cough) within 2 weeks.
    6 months for burnt down services.

As the e-mail quotes.

• The phrasing sent to SBG2 SYS customers is quite unclear - they mention that they will reimburse 6 times the amount of Feb 2021 invoice, not the equivalent cost of server for 6 months. I presume something was mistranslated there...
    In my case On Feb 2021 I actually bought the server for half a year therefore I paid the for 6 months in February. Really doubt they would be giving 36 months of the service for free.

To apologise for the inconvenience caused, we will provide the service(s) free of charge for an equivalent of 6 times the amount of your February 2021 invoice for these service(s). We will get back to you in a few days to inform you about the conditions for receiving the service free of charge.