Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kvm 2xE5-2680v4/2gb ddr4/50gb nvme+3.6tb hdd raid10- located in Bucharest ! Telia upstream ! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

kvm 2xE5-2680v4/2gb ddr4/50gb nvme+3.6tb hdd raid10- located in Bucharest ! Telia upstream !

Comments

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited March 2021

I have a refund request since 2021-03-13 and no reply after asking me to confirm the PayPal transaction ID :neutral:

• cociucociu Member

@sgheghele said: I have a refund request since 2021-03-13 and no reply after asking me to confirm the PayPal transaction ID

tiket number inpivate please and will process it , sorry but this was delay dueof my missing 1 week.

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • cociucociu Member
    edited March 2021

@all, the pending orders will be delivered all today/tumorrow maximum

Thanked by 2jabashque jixun
  • @cociu have add €50 but got only €5 credits. PMed you, can you help?

• Got my VPS now, thanks!

• Got VPS activated, thanks!

• @ps20090 said:
    Got Email from Cociu - Free 50% Credit

Get ready to have a unique ryzen kvm !
    Our ryzen production coming in 2 weeks!

After testing during 2 full month our ryzen production line is ready to be lunch in the next coming 2 weeks , Like always we want to celebrate this with our existing clients who made all this possible and who is beleve in us and is help us to grow every month and we are verry grateful for this.

Some features what was activated in the last month in order to add more quality to our serice :

1) we have add +100gbps port speed with TELIA in Bucharest and Oradea locations (Oradea is pending to be implemented)
    2) We have made a huge upgrade to our main router in Bucharest
    3) we are upgrade the port speed from 1gbps to 10gbps FOR FREE in all services (will take time but we hope in 2-3 month have all done)
    4) Negociating this days LEVEL 3 upstream in order to add this upstream to our network.

So where is the promo ? like always will be a credit bonus one because is more easy for our clients to choose the desired package than offer a tipical one. More the credit bonus can be spend in the existing services also :

Right now, here's the deal we have for you:

• 50% extra on any credit deposit, which will be added manually (in 24h-48h) to your account.

Here is the link

Terms:

• You must have an active service with us;
    • The credit is NOT refundable;
    • You can't have any other open invoice to benefit for a 50% credit.
    • no decimals ! (we do this manually so let make it multiple of 1 eur to have a better speed -thanks.)
      -Only one transaction allowed
      -Maximum upload is 3000 eur/account.

This promotion is valid from 18.03.2021 to 21.03.2021.

Thanks for been part of our business!
    HostSolutions.ro Team.

I missed the promotion offer again. :'(
    Maybe I should add the email address to whitelist.

• vps activated, thanks so much @cociu
    You are the best

• BBTNBBTN Member

@cociu said:

@BBTN said: @cociu thank you! After several years of mediocre HS-VMs this one seems to be quite nice.

waiting your vote in the provider pool next time:)

If you get a grip on that still slow storage space, I'm in! :smile:

Thanked by 1fragpic
  • verenveren Member

VPS is great. Definitely worth the wait :D Thanks @cociu

• @BBTN said:

@cociu said:

@BBTN said: @cociu thank you! After several years of mediocre HS-VMs this one seems to be quite nice.

waiting your vote in the provider pool next time:)

If you get a grip on that still slow storage space, I'm in! :smile:

Same

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Initial impressions are pretty good (network, NVMe and general machine), but the HDD space is dreadfully slow (~250KiB/s)! I get that this is probably due to large amounts of users using it at once right now - but that's just not usable in any meaningful way.

If this doesn't improve quickly, I'll have to get a refund. So lets hope this is better in a few days :smile:

No point at all in having a 10Gbps network connection if I can only write to my main disk at 2Mbps. :grin:

Thanked by 1fragpic
  • I can see the disk speed is improving, just a little bumpy.
    https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/rZQsGvpjqt/

• I'm ok with the HDD speed (30MB/s), it would be much great if I can get a higher speed (around 100MB/s).

• I also got the access recently, great! Quick n00b question. How do I log in via SSH? I set root pass during the setup, but what's my user name?

• @seed2tweet said: , but what's my user name?

lol, its "root"

Thanked by 1seed2tweet
  • seed2tweetseed2tweet Member
    edited March 2021

@fragpic said:

@seed2tweet said: , but what's my user name?

lol, its "root"

Thanks for the quick reply! That one I tried and it didn't work)). I'm reinstalling Debian and will try again!

Edit: It works now in Debian, but it didn't work in CentOS which was installed by default, I swear :smiley:

• sometime root login is disable.

Thanked by 1seed2tweet
    edited March 2021

One more thing.. I am trying to add the 3.6Tb disk using Webmin in Debian. (I already added the disk in the client area). To proceed, in the "partition details", I need to fill out "Extent" values - start and end cylinders of the disk. How do I find out what they are? Webmin does not show them...
    Here is the screen: https://pasteboard.co/JU5Dh5G.png
    Thanks in advance.

• BBTNBBTN Member

@seed2tweet said:

Here, take mine:

Number  Start  End          Size         File system  Name              Flags
     1      2048s  7549747166s  7549745119s  ext4         Linux filesystem

Thanked by 1seed2tweet
    edited March 2021

@BBTN said:

@seed2tweet said:

No, didn't work. I put Start and End values like yours (without "s") I got the error message "Failed to save partition : The ending cylinder must be <="

Maybe the values are unique for each user/disk?

• BBTNBBTN Member
    edited March 2021

@seed2tweet said:

@BBTN said:

@seed2tweet said:

No, didn't work. I put Start and End values like yours (without "s") I got the error message "Failed to save partition : The ending cylinder must be <="

Sorry, printed sectors, not cylinders.
    I don't know how to get the cylinders of a virtual device.

Thanked by 1seed2tweet
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

@seed2tweet said:

@BBTN said:

@seed2tweet said:

I would reccomend making the partition on the command line using fdisk, you'll have a better time.

It'll pre-populate the values for you.

Thanked by 1seed2tweet
  • Actually, after some clicking around, the cylinder disk value appeared in Webmin and I was able to create the partition, however, creating a file system in Webmin is not working out very well for me. So I'll take the advice, do some reading and use fdisk. Thanks!

• This is the step how you can add your storage to the linux box:
    1. Follow cociu's guide to activate the ur storage in website https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/
    2. Use "parted /dev/vda" command to make a gpt partition in your linux. You will only get 2T for each partition if you choose to use MBR due to MBR limitation
    3. Use "mkfs.ext4 /dev/vda1" to format your parition
    4. Now mount your partition.

Reference for parted: https://www.systutorials.com/making-gpt-partition-table-and-creating-partitions-with-parted-on-linux/

Thanked by 1seed2tweet
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@cociu said: i will not do this anymore

Thanked by 1TimboJones
    edited March 2021

Has anybody tried setting up a seedbox on it?
    So, I mounted the 3.6Tb disk as per instructions above, installed Swizzin with rtorrent/rutorrent set to download to that disk ("/dev/vda"). I get very low download (<10MB/s) and upload (a couple MB/s) torrent speeds on private trackers (with enough seeders per torrent). Also, upload speed from the server by FTP is just 2-3 MB/s Max. I am based in EU btw..

• @seed2tweet said:
    So, I mounted the 3.6Tb disk as per instructions above, installed Swizzin with rtorrent/rutorrent set to download to that disk ("/dev/vda"). I get very low download (<10MB/s) and upload (a couple MB/s) torrent speeds on private trackers (with enough seeders per torrent). Also, upload speed from the server by FTP is just 2-3 MB/s Max. I am based in EU btw..

try download to NVMe and compare

• @seed2tweet said:

I believe it's due to the slow hdd disk speed.
    Can't endure this slow speed, so I raised a refund ticket 21st,March, stilling waiting reply.
    https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/KWyRp56Yky/

• @yorkchou he responded to my ticket but for some reason I did not get an email. Check in the client area directly.
    He extended the money back guarantee by 10 more days.
    Btw, I'm still monitoring the disk speed and it hasn't improved.

Thanked by 1yorkchou
This discussion has been closed.