Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ComsTown WebIT Closing Down - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ComsTown WebIT Closing Down

Comments

• Hello,

we are trying to find a way for you to have your money transferred to them.
    I hope Games Town will take care about you :D

• Good solution :)

But I just opened the website, only index file. Is it hacked?

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Good solution :)

But I just opened the website, only index file. Is it hacked?

Looks this is a new website.

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

Our Website GameTown-Projects.de is not released yet. I started to work on a transition page, which will be released in a few days.

Currently, our only sale page: Mc-Gameserver.de

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited November 2013

@GameTownProjects, so how to order below?

VPS 128 MB:

CPU: 1 vCore,
    Committed RAM: 128 MB,
    Flex RAM: 256 MB,
    Hard disk: 20 GB,

1 IPv4
    On request IPv6

Payment date: 6 months
    € 0.5 / month

• MorningIris said: so how to order below?

zhuanyi said: @trexos said: No, they are different companies. I have a VPS with both.

I guess @MorningIris could ask @trexos and see how he managed to order from the website which is under construction.

• @zhuanyi said:
    I guess MorningIris could ask trexos and see how he managed to order from the website which is under construction.

Via Email. I'm German and saw them in another german Forum, for me there is no problem having no website. My server runs great (its OVZ) but If I were you I woulndt trust them I think ;P

The servers offered in the e-mail are only valid for the Comstown customers who want to transfer it to us.
    For this, please send an e-mail with your customer ID of Comstown, and the desired vps performance to [email protected]

If you have multiple servers, please send it together with the corresponding product IDs.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2013

That all sounds strange, how is that legally possible? What company form was ComsTown? How can a single person company (or in Germany: anything that is not AG) have a board? How can the data get sold or transferred if the client NEVER agreed to a contract with the new party?

You should get that checked ASAP, i see at least 2 very big legal issues in Germany with this.

Thanked by 1Shade
  • @William said:
    That all sounds strange, how is that legally possible? What company form was ComsTown? How can a single person company (or in Germany: anything that is not AG) have a board? How can the data get sold or transferred if the client NEVER agreed to a contract with the new party?

You should get that checked ASAP, i see at least 2 very big legal issues in Germany with this.

Hello,

it seems like there are some misunderstandings.
    We will reopen a new company. We did not sell anything or sent any information to GameTown!
    This is just an offer.

• @ComsTownWebIT Any issue with the password for site again? I am not able to login at all

• It seems like the problem with the encyption makes all user can't login again :)

• @William said:
    That all sounds strange, how is that legally possible? What company form was ComsTown? How can a single person company (or in Germany: anything that is not AG) have a board? ....

Full ack

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited November 2013

ComsTownWebIT said: it seems like there are some misunderstandings. We will reopen a new company. We did not sell anything or sent any information to GameTown! This is just an offer.

Then how did GamesTown gets our email address and knows we are a client of ComsTown with promise to retrieve our servers?

• skaska Member
    edited November 2013

@zhuanyi said:

If you're not a client of GamesTown and they obviously got your client-data from ComsTown without your agreement, you can raise your complaints (in english language) here: http://www.bfdi.bund.de/Vorschaltseite_EN_node.html

• Are you joking? This mail was sent by me! Just have a look at the Mail!

• @ComsTownWebIT said:
    Are you joking? This mail was sent by me! Just have a look at the Mail!

Sehr geehrter ComsTown WebIT Kunde,

wir von GameTown Projects möchten Ihnen gerne einige exklusive vServer Angebote machen.

Damit Sie Ihren vServer problemlos weiter nutzen können werden wir Ihre Daten vollständig auf unser Hostsystem verschieben. Dabei kann es sein, dass Sie nach dem Umzug eine neue IP Adresse in die /etc/network/interfaces Datei eintragen müssen.

Wenn Sie wünschen, dass Ihr Server im Dezember auf unseren Server umgezogen wird (bezahlen müssten Sie bei uns ab dem 1.1.2014) schicken Sie uns bitte eine E-Mail mit ihrer ProduktID, sowie Ihrer Kundennummer bei ComsTown WebIT.

Please explain the part "wir von GameTown Projects", so you are GameTown or ComsTown?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2013

ComsTownWebIT said: We will reopen a new company. We did not sell anything or sent any information to GameTown! This is just an offer.

So you close the former company, take the data to a new one and reopen it?

Do you know that this is illegal in so many ways?

If the old was having a board (AG and alike, or multiple owners/shareholders) and one member of it takes the data that is owned by the company (read: NOT the board members or anyone there) to use for his own company (even if that would be established with board agreement this would require a customer information from both as you are not the legal entity that takes over the old company, else it would not be closed, and you are not the original contract partner, if sold after closing or debts are open this is also a federal crime) i see very, very harsh legal implications on that.

You should get that checked, and that better tommorow than later.

(Or if this is some way to get a single person company into another form you should really ask for help - This is the entirely wrong way and taking ownership of the old by the new one on legal way saves a lot of tax in DE/AT due to grants/breaks)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@William said:
    (Or if this is some way to get a single person company into another form you should really ask for help - This is the entirely wrong way and taking ownership of the old by the new one on legal way saves a lot of tax in DE/AT due to grants/breaks)

nice to know

It is only an offer! I don't get any customer data and we only will get informations about users wich contact us.

ComsTown Web IT and GameTown Projects have nothing to do with each other!

The mail text was created by me but it was sendet by ComsTown.

• ComsTownWebITComsTownWebIT Member
    edited November 2013

If you haven't understood it:

Me (ComsTown) received a Mail from GameTown.
    I sent this message from our address ([email protected]) to all customers.
    This Mail contains an OFFER to buy at GamesTown - NO PERSONAL DATA were or will be transferred.
    Only IF YOU REGISTER AT GAMETOWN then they will have the data you send them.

Again:

• NO DATA WAS OR WILL BE TRANSFERRED

• THE MAIL WAS SENT BY ME WITH TEXT FROM GAMESTOWN

Any questions?

• I'm so confused here.

• @budi1413 said:
    I'm so confused here.

Why? I think my post was unique??

• can you check my PM and respond please.

• Did it.

• Who? Who cares?

• Maybe, if you're interested...
    We are going to open dotmanaged.eu

http://dotmanaged.eu/

But we will concentrate on Webspaces and Domains...

• So you wont have vps?

• Both of them have 'Town' in the name. Seems like a massive scam IMO