Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ComsTown WebIT Closing Down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ComsTown WebIT Closing Down

Just got this email. Its in German language and translated through Google translate

Ladies and Gentlemen,

due to previous events, the Board has

called for a closure of the company.

To 01/01/2014 we will therefore set the business.

Please note in time to make backups of your data,

because if not previously terminated, the data is removed.

Finally, we would like to have our partner IP Projects GmbH & Co. KG recommend:

www.ip-projects.de

They can give server, web space and domains cheap but highly professional.

Thank you for your loyalty!

Comments

• Who?

• @rds100 said:
    Who?

The one with the €2 Windows VPS

Thanked by 1rds100
  • What?

• Oh my, that's why I can't login, my email and username is not match.

Just wondering why Chris Mauer did this :|, he's having good plan for improving his business last week, like adding more features to the KVM.

• Yeah I was surprised, too. They were really good in adding new features and improving things, but I guess they just sold vpses too cheap.

• Maybe because he did not have enough power in the company. So he must follow upper management decision.

• O,a great company down.

• well, the servers were good and I intended to keep them for long..

• Well, I can't say this is a big surprise. Selling KVM machines at that price didn't seem too profitable. Not sure if that's the reason for the closure, though.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Oh my, that's why I can't login, my email and username is not match.

I can verify that the login doesn't work for the website.. As of now the VPS is still online and accessible. So be quick to take backups. I do a little credit balance at their portal.. is that gone as well?

• All of my vps still working, and the data have been moved to another provider this morning. I also still have some ballance on the system, because I like the vps, but after can't even logging into the client are, I don't know now.

Chris facebook account seems like not online too now.

• Received the mail about this.

Sounds not good.

• @peppr said:
    I can verify that the login doesn't work for the website.. As of now the VPS is still online and accessible. So be quick to take backups. I do a little credit balance at their portal.. is that gone as well?

Yesterday,just renewed one and bought another one!

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Fun part is, that me and @Trexos where talking about him a few weeks back. And we both agreed that we didnt trusted it with anything mission critical.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2013

oh gosh i asked him about 2Euro VPS, that the IP cost 1Euro and he dont make profit. He sad no problem its ok we make profit.
    And now? he is gone same like http://dedilink.eu/

• dedilink.eu redirected to https://github.com/Fusl

@ErawanArifNugroho seems like he moved the page, just google for dedilink.eu

• @taronyu said:
    Fun part is, that me and Trexos where talking about him a few weeks back. And we both agreed that we didnt trusted it with anything mission critical.

True, but I really liked it. Service was great, support was friendly (he added android images for me :D and helped me to run them) and the price was awesome. But tbh I understand that this happened. 0,50€ for an KVM VPS is nothing.

edited November 2013

Guys, he told in a other forum the following: "We don't close because of financial problems, we close because we want not this image from our company". Sure....

• edited November 2013

@Infinity580 said:
    Guys, he told in a other forum the following: "We don't close because of financial problems, we close because we want not this image from our company". Sure....

I wonder, twhat he mean with "this image". Did they did something bad?

• I wonder? I didnt read something bad about them

• @Infinity580 said:
    Guys, he told in a other forum

link please

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2013

Maybe it finally dawned on them what a dumb name "ComsTownWebIT" was?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

For me looks like one employee in a company had this idea and the management didnt like how it turned up.
    Of course, I could be very wrong there.

• @Maounique said:
    For me looks like one employee in a company had this idea and the management didnt like how it turned up.
    Of course, I could be very wrong there.

It sounds like that, doesn't it?

Anyway, it's a shame for all the customers. It's never fun to have to move your stuff suddenly.

• Hey all,

yes we are closing.
    As you already found, it is not because of financial problems.
    It is just... I always wanted to provide services for the business.
    But what happened is this lowend service.
    That is why we have a "bad image".
    Yes, the name was a reason too.

I am now starting a project on my own, i hope it will be like more successful...

If you have balance left, you can request a refund via mail to [email protected].

The problem with the passwords: We changed password encryption and something failed.
    You should have received a mail.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask!

• There's nothing wrong with the lowend market, the way I look at it is just a group of people with some technical knowledge that want to push the limits of what a small VM can do (at least that's what it used to be).

It seems like a lot of people enjoyed your service so consider raising the prices so you can be happy too :)