Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ComsTown WebIT Closing Down - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ComsTown WebIT Closing Down

Comments

• Hey,
    I think that is the problem.
    Higher prices meant no customers.
    It is hard to survive if you once sold very cheap KVM and then offer more expensive KVMs

• @ComsTownWebIT said:
    Hey,
    It is hard to survive if you once sold very cheap KVM and then offer more expensive KVMs

I can understand that, but wouldn't it be possible to work on 2 projects at the same time?(so do cheap kvm hosting and expensive buisiness hosting at the same time)

That would be much friendlier to your customers.

• @ComsTownWebIT said:
    Hey,

I think it'll be ok if you raise the prices. People don't have a problem with paying a bit more with a provider they trust and rely on. If it's too cheap, you're not making any money and it'll attract abusers.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited November 2013

Generally the cheaper the price, the higher the support cost - from having to deal with illiterate people, spammers and so on.

• budi1413budi1413 Member
    edited November 2013

Actually your price is too low. If you raise a price people will still buy from you because of good service. And lastly cheap doesn't mean low quality.

• Yes, comstown providing a service that just works.
    Good server and network, support is friendly too. I've been refunded too. Thanks.

what would be the next project?

• @ComsTownWebIT said: yes we are closing. As you already found, it is not because of financial problems. It is just... I always wanted to provide services for the business. But what happened is this lowend service. That is why we have a "bad image". Yes, the name was a reason too. I am now starting a project on my own, i hope it will be like more successful...

Translation: too much hassle, too little money, got tired of all this. This I can understand and sympathize. Still, you had a good thing going there for a while, at least to hear your clients comments. Why not find a buyer for this business (and make a little money going out), instead of just dumping all your clients like this?

• hey, atleast they didnt run like many others. if the reason is false or true that dont matter. you still have time to save data :)

• @TarZZ92 said:
    hey, atleast they didnt run like many others. if the reason is false or true that dont matter. you still have time to save data :)

Agreed. Gave you time to backup and refunded, the best way to close shop imo.

• Yeah I think that too. Good service.

• Thank you all.
    There will be a new project.

We will concentrate on webspaces and domains first. Because I think with ComsTown we had a lot but only litte of everything. I want to have a lot with lots of features.
    So I will first concentrate on webspace and domain but do it perfect.

I will offer VPS later in again.
    I can inform you if you want. And yes we have a company that wants to continue our business.
    But we have not decided yet.

• @ComsTownWebIT said:
    Hey all,

yes we are closing.
    As you already found, it is not because of financial problems.
    It is just... I always wanted to provide services for the business.
    But what happened is this lowend service.
    That is why we have a "bad image".
    Yes, the name was a reason too.

I am now starting a project on my own, i hope it will be like more successful...

If you have balance left, you can request a refund via mail to [email protected].

The problem with the passwords: We changed password encryption and something failed.
    You should have received a mail.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask!

Hello,already sent mail to you yesterday,but i didn't found any refund about ComsTownIT.

• Hello,
    normal it will be refunded at the 1.1.14

• @ComsTownWebIT said:
    Hello,

It means i need wait until 1.1.14?
    My account have balance...

• Yes, and your service is running...

• @ComsTownWebIT said:
    Yes, and your service is running...

But i lost my VNC password,and how can i Management my VPS if not a control panel.

• @ComsTownWebIT said:
    Hello,

I do not need refund, just wait for your new project and support you.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited November 2013

Just received another email:

Dear ComsTown WebIT customer,

we by Game Town Projects you would like to make some exclusive VPS offers.

In order to use your VPS without problem, we will move your data completely on our host system. It may be that you need to add a new IP address in the / etc / network / interfaces file after the move.

If you want your server to be moved in December to our server (you would have to pay us from 1.1.2014), please send us an e-mail with their productID, as well as your customer number ComsTown WebIT.

Your server will be paid to us in the prepaid procedures. If the server on the date of renewal is not paid you will receive an e-mail and will remain for another 3 days to pay, otherwise the server will be blocked and no earlier than 3 days later removed by our system.

Our support e-mail: [email protected]

VPS 128 MB:

CPU: 1 vCore
    Committed RAM: 128 MB
    Flex RAM: 256 MB
    Hard disk: 20 GB

1 IPv4
    On request IPv6

Payment date: 6 months
    € 0.5 / month

VPS 256 MB:

Committed RAM: 256 MB
    Flex RAM: 512 MB
    Hard disk: 35 GB

1 IPv4
    On request IPv6

Payment date: 6 months
    € 1 / month

VPS 512 MB:

Committed RAM: 512 MB
    Flex RAM: 1 GB
    Hard disk: 50 GB

1 IPv4
    On request IPv6

Payment date: 3 or 6 months
    € 2 / month

VPS 4096 MB:

CPU: 2 vCore
    Committed RAM: 4 GB
    Flex RAM: 6 GB
    HDD: 120 GB

1 IPv4
    On request IPv6

Payment interval: 1, 3 or 6 months
    15 € / month

VPS 8192 MB:

CPU: 3 vCore
    Committed RAM: 8 GB
    Flex RAM: 10 GB
    HDD: 200 GB

1 IPv4
    On request IPv6

Payment interval: 1, 3 or 6 months
    25 € / month

If there are other deals to be desired, but please send the required services to [email protected]

Sincerely,
    Sascha dealer 

So ComsTown is now GamesTown?

• No, they are different companies. I have a VPS with both.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

zhuanyi said: It may be that you need to add a new IP address in the / etc / network / interfaces file after the move.

If only it was that simple, they seem to be moving KVM to OpenVZ (see "Flex RAM").
    Most likely you will need to have new everything.

• @trexos said:
    No, they are different companies. I have a VPS with both.

So I guess at least they sold themselves to a German company and even if you decided to switch your servers are still in Germany, not sure if it would still be KVM though.

• I thought that too, but I asked them its KVM with Proxmox. I recommend them Feathur though.

• And yes, Germany Frankfurt.

• rm_ said: If only it was that simple, they seem to be moving KVM to OpenVZ (see "Flex RAM").

i emailed back for more info. and it appears it is KVM

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

as i know GamesTown offer only OpenVZ

• Infinity580 said: as i know GamesTown offer only OpenVZ

According to the email i got they say kvm.. http://i.imgur.com/BW1RIev.png

• Yeah KVM with Proxmox.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Okay, then they added a new kvm node.

• Yeah he says that he will have the new node in december.

• Did they say something about credits already paid with comstown? I have some euros left in credit (like 16€) with comstown and I will definitely not pay for being overtaken to be dropped by the next provider then.