Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

50% off for storage&ssd plans ! Located in Romania ! Limited offer until stock is gone - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

50% off for storage&ssd plans ! Located in Romania ! Limited offer until stock is gone

Comments

• @Daniel15 said: I've also noticed a large amount of incoming traffic (around 0.5 Mb/s) on my VPS, even when I'm not running anything and nothing is running other than SSH... Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Not sure which DC you're referencing but I'm seeing one IP address sending out a lot of DNS requests in Oradea ( several hundred per minute ) ... and it's not me, I checked.

• @Daniel15 said:
    I've also noticed a large amount of incoming traffic (around 0.5 Mb/s) on my VPS, even when I'm not running anything and nothing is running other than SSH... Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

I tried running tcpdump to figure out what the traffic is, but the kernel is dropping all the packets so I don't even know what they are.

Try capturing to a file on ramdisk for small amount of data or packets. Open it up and see if a pattern flood to identify. Must be broadcasts.

• @cociu said: ssd2021-RO

The order has done! (9234209774) SSD! Thank you for such an offer!

Thanked by 1cociu
  • ilkeilke Member
    edited January 2021

What happens if I use this "Storage kvm 3.6tb" vps as seedbox? Can I? Should I?

• @ilke said: What happens if I use this "Storage kvm 3.6tb" vps as seedbox?

we have many clients with seedbox ..

• @cociu said:

@ilke said: What happens if I use this "Storage kvm 3.6tb" vps as seedbox?

we have many clients with seedbox ..

Thank you for your answer. I am so sad that I missed your 6TB storage option on Black Friday. Is there any possiblity that offer comes back?

• @ilke said: Thank you for your answer. I am so sad that I missed your 6TB storage option on Black Friday. Is there any possiblity that offer comes back?

even this offer i have not think i will repeat because our target was change from 2021 ... but we have repeate it to complete some free resources what we have from the old offers. So my answer is no and i dont think will came verry soon sorry.

• @cociu Look at your messages,waiting for you to help me recreate the virtual machine.

• @wl4236820 said:
    @cociu Look at your messages,waiting for you to help me recreate the virtual machine.

No. File a ticket. Cociu isn't the technical support.

• @cociu I don't understand this. The VPS located in Romania are not working properly. The 4 or 2 core server are slower in multicore than the single core speed. You are aware of this problem at least since June 2020 (I can add links to comments from this date in other posts).

Why are you still selling servers which got a huge performance problem? You are selling servers with 4 cores which performe slower than servers with the same cpu and one core? These problems have to be fixed first. Selling and selling does not solve the problem and you are selling a kind of performance promise which you can not abide.

• @zappata said:
    @cociu I don't understand this. The VPS located in Romania are not working properly. The 4 or 2 core server are slower in multicore than the single core speed. You are aware of this problem at least since June 2020 (I can add links to comments from this date in other posts).

Why are you still selling servers which got a huge performance problem? You are selling servers with 4 cores which performe slower than servers with the same cpu and one core? These problems have to be fixed first. Selling and selling does not solve the problem and you are selling a kind of performance promise which you can not abide.

Show the links of the comments please.

Thanked by 1kalipus
  • zappatazappata Member
    edited January 2021

@sepei said:
    Show the links of the comments please.

June 2020: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3114492/#Comment_3114492
    Cociu is part of the discussion, but he does not give a statement to the problem. He just says: "it is not overselled"

December 2020:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3181876/#Comment_3181876

December 2020:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3169932/#Comment_3169932

Also December 2020:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3171296/#Comment_3171296

Well I'm a little bit tired of searching. In June it was clear, that there is a problem. I've no problem, when there are downtimes (sometimes...) and something is not working right. But when a problem is still existing for months and the product is still being sold as something it can not deliver I'm a little bit frustrated and I think it should not be advertised here on LET until the problem got fixed. This is like Tesla knows their car can only drive 30 mph but they still sell it advertising that you can drive 150mph. More Tesla like example: they say you can drive 400 miles but you can only drive 100... ;-)

And yes: There is kind of a warning regarding the CPU. But exactly this CPU should normally perform much better and we don't have to talk about that 4 cores should get a higher benchmark score than single core..

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2021

@zappata said: zappata

please calm down ,

what we have do in the last month is :

1) resolve the AES to be enabled automatically
    2) resolved and test it for the problem what you mentionated , for the moment we have implement it manually to all nvme package so if you have nvme please test it.
    3) we have been focused inour uptime and tiketing support.
    4) i hope you understand we dont have only one node here ... so is a real problem to change in all .

test results in a vm with 2 core :

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 681
    Multi Core | 1306

If you are so frustrated you know i am verry opened to make a refund so this is your chanse.

Edit , 3 of your copy message is from december , as you know this month is difficult to any hosting company .

Thanked by 1raynor
  • @vhtalk said:
    @cociu
    Can you check my ticket? #871678
    Thanks!

@cociu

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2021

@vhtalk said: vhtalk

i have adverted you last time when you have do the same in my thread , seems you dont give a shit about what i tell you . Will be the last warning and i hope you understand the clients is in the first place and after this our winings. Posting a tiket number here is not make nothing just delay the response.

• The multi-core score issue has resolved on my NVMe node.
    Heres the benchmark.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sun Jan 17 17:59:15 +06 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2397.222 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 1.9 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 196.8 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 188.07 MB/s  (47.0k) | 1.90 GB/s    (29.7k)
    Write      | 188.57 MB/s  (47.1k) | 1.91 GB/s    (29.9k)
    Total      | 376.64 MB/s  (94.1k) | 3.81 GB/s    (59.6k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 2.98 GB/s     (5.8k) | 3.07 GB/s     (3.0k)
    Write      | 3.14 GB/s     (6.1k) | 3.28 GB/s     (3.2k)
    Total      | 6.12 GB/s    (11.9k) | 6.36 GB/s     (6.2k)

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 706
    Multi Core      | 1324
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5941588

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • @cociu said:

@vhtalk said: vhtalk

i have adverted you last time when you have do the same in my thread , seems you dont give a shit about what i tell you . Will be the last warning and i hope you understand the clients is in the first place and after this our winings. Posting a tiket number here is not make nothing just delay the response.

Okie! I understand. Sorry! But you shouldn't ignore my messages. I did inbox you before commenting here.

• @vhtalk said: Okie! I understand. Sorry! But you shouldn't ignore my messages. I did inbox you before commenting here.

i have +300 message unread , if you can contact me direct we have skype : username Netsilvania

• @Hakim said: The multi-core score issue has resolved on my NVMe node.

Heres the benchmark.

you are in one of the Nvme node , and yes was resolved , we continue with the ssd plans and after this focused in storage plans.

• @cociu said:

@vhtalk said: Okie! I understand. Sorry! But you shouldn't ignore my messages. I did inbox you before commenting here.

i have +300 message unread , if you can contact me direct we have skype : username Netsilvania

Thanks!

• zappatazappata Member
    edited January 2021

@cociu said: what we have do in the last month is :

I know you are working a lot and I don't want to offend you but for me it was/is a little bit curious, that you are working on the problem and have not fixed it but you still offer it here in this thread. So someone who will order this will run in this problem until you solved it. I think you can understand my point and I can understand that you focus on the nvme, ssds first.

I've got a 4core/4gb storage vps so it seems that I will have to live with it until you find a solution or what's causing this.

• @cociu said:

@zappata said: zappata

If you are so frustrated you know i am verry opened to make a refund so this is your chanse.

Can I also claim a refund on the 6TB promo? Having issues with the AES, and CPU on single core = CPU on multi-core so not very impressed with that particular promo. Otherwise find your service good value for money, just this one time it seems I overshot my expectations

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2021

@zappata said: I know you are working a lot and I don't want to offend you but for me it was/is a little bit curious, that you are working on the problem and have not fixed it but you still offer it here in this thread. So someone who will order this will run in this problem until you solved it. I think you can understand my point and I can understand that you focus on the nvme, ssds first.

I've got a 4core/4gb storage vps so it seems that I will have to live with it until you find a solution or what's causing this.

be sure the solution was find before of this thread , we work today (weekend) in order to have all packages resolved. More for me was easy to modif in the module and ask all to reinstall but this is a shit solution because have people with 10tb vps and this people maybe need to make backup and is tard days ... so we have been focused to resolve it withowt reinstall , even withowt reboot.

perfectly understand your point of view and you have the reason , my fault was to not share more transparency for the customers to know we are resolving this , the problem is we have more than 100 nodes ... so is a chiness work.

• @cociu
    Respect your progress with this issue!
    Still bad gb5 with NVME 2 core (Oradea): 658 / 650
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5941990

• @mikewazar said: Can I also claim a refund on the 6TB promo? Having issues with the AES, and CPU on single core = CPU on multi-core so not very impressed with that particular promo. Otherwise find your service good value for money, just this one time it seems I overshot my expectations

i will ask you to wait until this problem is resolved , if after this you are not happy with the service i will make this exception. About AES please stop/start the vm from your client area and will be enabled. About multiple core we will resolve this in maximum 2 days.

• Respect your progress with this issue!

do you have multiple core ?

• @cociu said:

@mikewazar said: Can I also claim a refund on the 6TB promo? Having issues with the AES, and CPU on single core = CPU on multi-core so not very impressed with that particular promo. Otherwise find your service good value for money, just this one time it seems I overshot my expectations

i will ask you to wait until this problem is resolved , if after this you are not happy with the service i will make this exception. About AES please stop/start the vm from your client area and will be enabled. About multiple core we will resolve this in maximum 2 days.

I'll take your word on it and wait, thanks for replying quickly

• @raynor said:
    @cociu
    Respect your progress with this issue!

Have u Stopped and Started your VM ? ( Reboot won't work )

• @cociu
    2core-2gb ram-200gb NVME-10tb
    VPS stop/start
    still idling, so i can wait, just FYI

• 2core-2gb ram-200gb NVME-10tb
    VPS stop/start
    still idling, so i can wait, just FYI

give me the ip in private please , seems something is missed there.