Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honest Review of Zoti Media Group ( MisterHost.net / TightHost.com / Host4Half.com ). - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Honest Review of Zoti Media Group ( MisterHost.net / TightHost.com / Host4Half.com ).

Comments

• pctechpctech Member
    edited January 2021

@Moofie said:
    @pctech how old are you? you’re acting like a petty 13 y/o kid in this thread. You care so much about your location but you leaked it yourself in one of your false reviews! I hope staff will take action here, no clue why this thread is still up at this point. If you’re gonna sue over $150, go do it and stop complaining here. I feel sympathy for @ZotiMediaGroup and his staff.

I would highly recommend that you peruse the contents of the first page of the thread. I have provided ample screenshots via links to imgur to either; a.) backup my claims, or; b.) disprove claims made by Zoti Media Group.

Till date, I have only left negative text reviews of 3 companies and in all of those cases I have supplied evidence of my experience of them.

The review you are referring to as "false" was left on a local forum and included screenshots of the company admitting that that their staff screwed up but didn't want to accept further liability because the staff member/s responsible were fired/retrenched.

I would again recommend first reading something before supplying an uninformed opinion.

Furthermore, there is a huge difference between me choosing to share my own personally identifiable information (on the referenced forum user profile and not leaked) and my personally identifiable information being leaked by a service provider that should have better data protection practices.

• @pctech said: The review you are referring to as "false" was left on a local forum and included screenshots of the company admitting that that their staff screwed up but didn't want to accept further liability because the staff member/s responsible were fired/retrenched.

What about the 50+ fake reviews @ZotiMediaGroup claimed you wrote? Did you really buy fiver gigs to write 50+ fake reviews, or was he lying?

Anyway, it looks to be a scenario where @pctech will continue posting negative reviews the moment he gets his data back. I think it is not 100% unacceptable to not refund, but it is really mean to hold anyone's data hostage, especially if it wasn't content that is against tos.

• @smallbibi said:

@pctech said: The review you are referring to as "false" was left on a local forum and included screenshots of the company admitting that that their staff screwed up but didn't want to accept further liability because the staff member/s responsible were fired/retrenched.

What about the 50+ fake reviews @ZotiMediaGroup claimed you wrote? Did you really buy fiver gigs to write 50+ fake reviews, or was he lying?

Anyway, it looks to be a scenario where @pctech will continue posting negative reviews the moment he gets his data back. I think it is not 100% unacceptable to not refund, but it is really mean to hold anyone's data hostage, especially if it wasn't content that is against tos.

If you read the initial ticket screenshot, I stated that I could get a freelancer to post/publish (not write) reviews on my behalf. I would never condone publishing something that is not factually correct.

I ended up publishing all reviews myself to (to ensure quality and accuracy) and I have an inbox full of confirmations from most of the respective review sites to prove it. I don't think all of them confirmed my email address.

I was also at a point considering using an article spinner for SEO purposes as it generally replaces words with synonyms (creating somewhat unique content), though I decided not to make use of one as it may change the context of the original review and I preferred for it to be universal.

I also find the usage of article spinners to be somewhat in the grey area.

The reviews I have posted are all the same as this one they just have different titles. For example "Who Needs 99.9% Uptime Anyway? Zoti Media Group ( MisterHost.net / TightHost.com / Host4Half.com ).".

If you'd like, I can send you the links to some of the reviews I have published and you can confirm that they are verbatim to the one published here except for the titles.

Unfortunately, I was left no alternative but to leave reviews after my access to their client area and my former WHM was revoked. If you think I am leaving reviews for the hell of it, you are mistaken.

As I have reiterated numerous times, I just want my client data. I don't care for a refund and don't wish to waste further energy on this if I get my client data back.

Furthermore, I have supplied evidence for what I have claimed in this thread (mostly on the first page of this thread) and by extension every other review that is a duplicate of this one.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@smallbibi said: Did you really buy fiver gigs to write 50+ fake reviews, or was he lying?

TLDR, @pctech deposits a ton of cash, pays for 3 years, experiences issues, sites suspended, then writes a review, publishes the review on as many review sites and possible changing some words (for SEO?) and will just continue until @ZotiMediaGroup gets his data back (doesn't care about getting the $150 back in credit still on the site).

Thanked by 1pctech
  • @lentro said:

@smallbibi said: Did you really buy fiver gigs to write 50+ fake reviews, or was he lying?

TLDR, @pctech deposits a ton of cash, pays for 3 years, experiences issues, sites suspended, then writes a review, publishes the review on as many review sites and possible changing some words (for SEO?) and will just continue until @ZotiMediaGroup gets his data back (doesn't care about getting the $150 back in credit still on the site).

It looks like he is losing a total of $450 in remaining service time + credit. If what @pctech claims is true, then it looks to be opinionated but not fake reviews. Your only mistake was threatening them. And for threatening them and posting these reviews, your data was held hostage.

• skorousskorous Member
    edited January 2021

@smallbibi said: It looks like he is losing a total of $450 in remaining service time + credit

That figure wold include a long period of time in late 2019/2020 where he claims he didn't use it ( except for the five clients that are still on it ), right? ( EDIT: hit post before finished )

• @skorous said:

@smallbibi said: It looks like he is losing a total of $450 in remaining service time + credit

That figure wold include a long period of time in late 2019/2020 where he claims he didn't use it ( except for the five clients that are still on it ), right? ( EDIT: hit post before finished )

I should have just over $150 in credit left as the service was set for renewal on 06/2022. I am not including the year and a few months since I moved the majority of my clients to a dedicated server and have barely used Zoti Media Group' service in the total.

Also as referenced, I'm not interested in a refund, just the data for the 4 client accounts.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I see no benchmarks, fake news.

Thanked by 1pctech
  • @Neoon said:
    I see no benchmarks, fake news.

Unfortunately not a performance review mate. Would have preferred if it was.

@Neoon said: benchmarks

We need a YABS equivalent for shared hosting!

• @lentro said:

@Neoon said: benchmarks

We need a YABS equivalent for shared hosting!

I am currently using a VPN (was watching US Netflix), just viewed the thread and could see all of the screenshots he posted. As my IP was blocked on their server, it appears images embedded from there don't load for me in the thread.

Think most of the screenshot content has been addressed though it wasn't really a level playing field not being able to see or respond to what has been posted.

What is YABS? Could only find an accounting firm in a Google search?

• @pctech said:

@Moofie said:
    @pctech how old are you? you’re acting like a petty 13 y/o kid in this thread. You care so much about your location but you leaked it yourself in one of your false reviews! I hope staff will take action here, no clue why this thread is still up at this point. If you’re gonna sue over $150, go do it and stop complaining here. I feel sympathy for @ZotiMediaGroup and his staff.

I would highly recommend that you peruse the contents of the first page of the thread. I have provided ample screenshots via links to imgur to either; a.) backup my claims, or; b.) disprove claims made by Zoti Media Group.

Till date, I have only left negative text reviews of 3 companies and in all of those cases I have supplied evidence of my experience of them.

The review you are referring to as "false" was left on a local forum and included screenshots of the company admitting that that their staff screwed up but didn't want to accept further liability because the staff member/s responsible were fired/retrenched.

I would again recommend first reading something before supplying an uninformed opinion.

Furthermore, there is a huge difference between me choosing to share my own personally identifiable information (on the referenced forum user profile and not leaked) and my personally identifiable information being leaked by a service provider that should have better data protection practices.

I read everything. Your claims were all refuted by the host in which he provided evidence of you threatening his staff numerous times. I am not taking about a forum. One of the review sites you left a review on shows your country. Why don’t you sue them since you’re so passionate in suing?

@pctech said: What is YABS? Could only find an accounting firm in a Google search?

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

• @lentro said:

@pctech said: What is YABS? Could only find an accounting firm in a Google search?

I agree with your former statement. Something like that could be useful.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

1k+ views and 104 comments (+mine 105) but I've never heard of any of the providers mentioned in the subject :|

I feel left out.

FML

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Moofie said:
    I read everything. Your claims were all refuted by the host ...

Now, suppose I refute that you ever posted that - would that make it vanish? I don't think so.

Btw, I already wondered at your first post whether you work for ZotiMedia ...

• @Moofie said: Your claims were all refuted by the host in which he provided evidence of you threatening his staff numerous times.

Wrong. Op was high maintenance and may have exaggerated some things. But his claims were not refuted. I wasted my time reading everything so I would like to chip in here. Op claimed he got a reply 10 days late which is the only shaky claim and somewhat untrue. It looks like support fixed some of his sites within 1-2 days (so they did reply fast), BUT there were some sites which took 10 days to fix. Everything else was just an angry customer being opinionated, but it doesn't look to be a "fake" review at least here on LET.

@pctech said:

@lentro said:

I agree with your former statement. Something like that could be useful.

VPS providers won't care if you burst for 5-10 minutes. Burst to 100% on shared hosting and you will find that most providers suspend you. There are also a lot of limitations and things like resource limits which makes benchmarks kinda dumb. The only good way to benchmark shared hosting is probably to setup the default wordpress site and stress test it externally for maximum 1 minute.

• pctechpctech Member
    edited January 2021

@jsg said:

@Moofie said:
    I read everything. Your claims were all refuted by the host ...

Now, suppose I refute that you ever posted that - would that make it vanish? I don't think so.

Btw, I already wondered at your first post whether you work for ZotiMedia ...

I just thought he was a troll.

Waiting for a new domain to propagate so that I can embed the screenshots I provided on the first page as it seems people aren't clicking the imgur links and as a result aren't getting the full picture.

• I should have just over $150 in credit left as the service was set for renewal on 06/2022. I am not including the year and a few months since I moved the majority of my clients to a dedicated server and have barely used Zoti Media Group' service in the total.

I was responding to @smallbibi's statement below. So you don't have any actual money in the account. Just remaining service time?

• I am only posting responses to the claims on the first page of the thread that I previously responded to, but this time I will embed images instead of just links to imgur.

I don't want to spam the thread and most of my responses can be found on the first page.

@ZotiMediaGroup said: Yes it happends mostly on Sunday when backups and scanners are running. You opened the ticket on Sunday as you can see.
    Again not true. You never talked about websites are not loading:

I mentioned server performance on several occasions. Namely:

and

I also noticed that my claim that Zoti Media Group is hosting close to 1,000 domains on a single 4c/8t OVH server has not been refuted. Please note that domains linked to the server via a CDN may also not show on this list.

Please also note that there were over 50 domains listed with the word "host" in them. I can't say how many of these domains belong to the same reseller but it seems way too many resellers per server.

@ZotiMediaGroup said: The issue with mysql fixed the same day but some of your websites stopped working, we fixed it for you very fast.

Sorry the Entire Screenshot not working something properly.

You received a reply 10 days letter? Not with us. Check the reply date.

Below is proof that the issue was not resolved as quick as you claim. Please note the dates of the support responses.

Furthermore, I never claimed that I received a reply only 10 days later. What I claimed is that the issue took 10 days to resolve. Please see the excerpt from my original review below:

@ZotiMediaGroup said: I received the following response in regard to that ticket:

“Sorry our database server wont start, we are working the whole day on it. Please hold on.”

I then followed up on the 6th of September 2019 (2 days later) as the issue had still not been resolved. I received the following response:

“Sir the issue have been fixed. May I know the accounts that are affected to take a closer look.”

I proceeded to respond with a list of all the affected sites. MisterHost.net only got back to me on the 11th of September 2019 (Over a week after the incident occurred) with a proposed solution (Changing the localhost IP in php config files.).

The solution did not work for all sites. I notified them of this.

I then only received a response on the 14th of September 2019 (10 days later) with the following:

“Hello ****, now should be ok.”

I tested the previously affected sites and they appeared to load correctly (when they didn’t time out).

The downtime I experienced with several of my sites was around 10 days. That drops your guaranteed 99.9% uptime (annually, not monthly) to 97% or 43minutes per day for 365 days.

Do you have any idea of the amount of crap I had to take from my clients during this time and I was still patient and hospitable in my ticket responses?

• @skorous said:

I should have just over $150 in credit left as the service was set for renewal on 06/2022. I am not including the year and a few months since I moved the majority of my clients to a dedicated server and have barely used Zoti Media Group' service in the total.

I was responding to @smallbibi's statement below. So you don't have any actual money in the account. Just remaining service time?

Either way it is still credit (credit for service time or credit for other services). I paid 3 years in advance and got suspended for an overdue $7 invoice that went directly to spam.

In my opinion that invoice should not even be applicable as I had already paid in advance and did not agree to random additional billing when their overheads increase slightly.

If they were to charge me the $7 after my billing term and with more than a few hours notice, that would be another story. (not that I intended on renewing with them as I already have a dedicated server).

Thanked by 1lowendboi
  • @pctech said: The downtime I experienced with several of my sites was around 10 days.

What did you have in the config files to begin with? That reads like their service was up but you had a mis-configuration.

@pctech said: Either way it is still credit (credit for service time or credit for other services).

But in no way is it $450 like I quoted from smallbibi which was after all what I was trying to clarify.

• @skorous said:

@pctech said: The downtime I experienced with several of my sites was around 10 days.

What did you have in the config files to begin with? That reads like their service was up but you had a mis-configuration.

@pctech said: Either way it is still credit (credit for service time or credit for other services).

But in no way is it $450 like I quoted from smallbibi which was after all what I was trying to clarify.

It was just set to 'localhost' as is default for WordPress. All of the affected sites worked before the incident.

I have built hundreds of WordPress sites with the same MySQL host value ('localhost') on a myriad of servers with no issues.

Their fix likely involved something that wouldn't allow the 'localhost' value to resolve correctly and thus required me to switch the value to an IP (which also did not work for all sites).

• Ahhh, okay. That makes sense.

• So this will likely be my last update to this thread.

The provider (Zoti Media Group / MisterHost.net) will delete all of my client data tomorrow unless I remove all of the reviews I left (which I still stand behind) before then.

Whilst I had tried to meet his first extortion attempt half way for the sake of my client data and started removing reviews, getting everything I posted removed is an almost impossible task and getting it done in a day; even more so.

I have made peace with not getting the data back. I have informed my clients of the recent development as well and will assist them in moving forward as best I can, even though some of them have now lost years' worth of emails and personal data.

For those of you who said that I should swallow my pride and give him what he wants in exchange for the data, here's a behind the scenes peak of my correspondence with him.

Please note that I even assisted him in removing my personal data from images he leaked on this thread.

Recent email with the ultimatum.

Kind regards

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@pctech said: The BuyShared pricing is decent but they don't seem to have any EU servers.

Did Luxembourg get physically yeeted out of the EU or something?

Francisco

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • Archiving this until it's too late

• I really want to stop browsing LET, but there is something missing from this topic that deserves a mention.

They were caught shilling.

I don't remember the exact details anymore, but there might've been some bans here and there. :) If I remember correctly someone unbanned them because they "didn't beg for 6 months" or something like that. But why...

Have fun with the drama.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited January 2021

So I looked a bit closer and frankly I'm under the impression that that whole "Zoti Media Group" thing is a highly questionable and at least in part even fraudulent operation run by a single person.

Hints:

• positive "reviews" both on their own as well as on 3rd party sites are fraudulent. Example: on webhostinggeeks a certain Robert Pugh, 3stripeshosting.com gave them 5 stars. Well, Mr. Pugh seems to be a well known actor but 3stripeshosting.com doesn't even exist and as far as is known that actor isn't in hosting. Another review is from a "Christopher Brownbill", tighthost.com that is, from another shopfront of Zoti Media Group.
    • all IPs and servers related to Zoti Media Group seem to actually be OVH systems. From what I see it seems that Zoti Media Group might have one OVH dedi and a few OVH VPSs.
    • From what I found they run in between 200 and close to 1000 domain per IP.
    • While Zoti Media Groups tries hard to create the impression of being a tangible, physical, down to earth entity (e.g. showing their address in Google Maps on most of their shop fronts) they actually seem to be more of a ghost with what seems to be their one and only staff operating under multiple aliases (like "Gregory J. Costas" or "Tim Liton").
    • Looking at their address it seems highly unlikely that they even have an official office there. It looks as if, at the very best, the real "Mr. Zoti Media Group" has a private apartment there although I'd not be surprised if it just were a letter box.
    • There is NO phone number related to the place. The phone number they provide everywhere is a mobile.
    • At least major parts of Zoti Media Group seem to be centered around a Web Host Manager plugin called "WHMAMP" (description: "a Plugin that is developed for creating Alpha Resellers, Master Resellers and WHM Resellers") which happens to nicely match their hosting structure.
    • They also run diverse other sites like "friseurs.at" (which means "barber shops" but makes no sense because nobody would say "friseurs"; the plural of friseur" is "friseure") and at least one more hosting shop front called "resellertrust.com".

TL;DR

Absolutely stay away from Zoti Media Group!

Thanked by 3pctech limited JasonM
  • @jsg said:
    So I looked a bit closer and frankly I'm under the impression that that whole "Zoti Media Group" thing is a highly questionable and at least in part even fraudulent operation run by a single person.

Hints:

• positive "reviews" both on their own as well as on 3rd party sites are fraudulent. Example: on webhostinggeeks a certain Robert Pugh, 3stripeshosting.com gave them 5 stars. Well, Mr. Pugh seems to be a well known actor but 3stripeshosting.com doesn't even exist and as far as is known that actor isn't in hosting. Another review is from a "Christopher Brownbill", tighthost.com that is, from another shopfront of Zoti Media Group.
    • all IPs and servers related to Zoti Media Group seem to actually be OVH systems. From what I see it seems that Zoti Media Group might have one OVH dedi and a few OVH VPSs.
    • From what I found they run in between 200 and close to 1000 domain per IP.
    • While Zoti Media Groups tries hard to create the impression of being a tangible, physical, down to earth entity (e.g. showing their address in Google Maps on most of their shop fronts) they actually seem to be more of a ghost with what seems to be their one and only staff operating under multiple aliases (like "Gregory J. Costas" or "Tim Liton").
    • Looking at their address it seems highly unlikely that they even have an official office there. It looks as if, at the very best, the real "Mr. Zoti Media Group" has a private apartment there although I'd not be surprised if it just were a letter box.
    • There is NO phone number related to the place. The phone number they provide everywhere is a mobile.
    • At least major parts of Zoti Media Group seem to be centered around a Web Host Manager plugin called "WHMAMP" (description: "a Plugin that is developed for creating Alpha Resellers, Master Resellers and WHM Resellers") which happens to nicely match their hosting structure.
    • They also run diverse other sites like "friseurs.at" (which means "barber shops" but makes no sense because nobody would say "friseurs"; the plural of friseur" is "friseure") and at least one more hosting shop front called "resellertrust.com".

TL;DR

Absolutely stay away from Zoti Media Group!

Thank you for taking the time to investigate further and supplying your findings.

I have been aware of most of the above for quite some time but unfortunately, as I could not 100% prove any of it; I left it out of my review. I did not want my opinion affecting the credibility of my review.

I did mention in a few private messages to people that reached out to me after I posted the thread that I personally believe it is a 1 person operation that leaves fake reviews for itself.

After I initially discovered Zoti Media Group (September/October 2019) was hosting close to (if not over including CDN connected domains) 1,000 domains on a server; with at least 50 of the domains on one of the servers having the word "host" in it; I acquired several detailed reports containing 1,000+ domains connected to various of their/his servers.

At the time I intended on contacting the respective domain owners and presenting them with the reports and and information of my experience with them/him.

I ultimately decided against that. The fact that I also just took on a large project at the time may have played a role in that decision.