Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honest Review of Zoti Media Group ( MisterHost.net / TightHost.com / Host4Half.com ). - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Honest Review of Zoti Media Group ( MisterHost.net / TightHost.com / Host4Half.com ).

Comments

• @pctech said:
    What is the best method to include images in my posts/comments?

something like https://snipboard.io/ usually works good to have an embeddable url...

• Imgur.com works perfectly. Juicy drama bits.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2021

In all fairness, I haven't used MisterHost in a while, but when I did, I was happy with them and thought they would solve any issue at hand pretty quickly for me. It seems, like it has already been mentioned, in this particular case both parties may have commited errors one way or another. Only skimmed the thread quickly so don't know all the details but I see two entities trying to respond to the issue at hand. Instead of taking this much further, I would recommend for @ZotiMediaGroup to just release the OP's files and be done with it. This is not because I can clearly say you are at fault, but it seems like both parties would benefit in a timely, peaceful termination of this issue.

Regardless of who is at fault, I can't recommend off-site backups enough. Also, testing a new hosting provider's hosting environment/setup thoroughly before actually moving client sites there has proven for me to be an efficient method to help prevent a situation like this from happening.

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • @Ympker said:
    In all fairness, I haven't used MisterHost in a while, but when I did, I was happy with them and thought they would solve any issue at hand pretty quickly for me. It seems, like it has already been mentioned, in this particular case both parties may have commited errors one way or another. Only skimmed the thread quickly so don't know all the details but I see two entities trying to respond to the issue at hand. Instead of taking this much further, I would recommend for @ZotiMediaGroup to just release the OP's files and be done with it. This is not because I can clearly say you are at fault, but it seems like both parties would benefit in a timely, peaceful termination of this issue.

Regardless of who is at fault, I can't recommend off-site backups enough. Also, testing a new hosting provider's hosting environment/setup thoroughly before actually moving client sites there has proven for me to be an efficient method to help prevent a situation like this from happening.

I think you are still our client if am not mistaken. Did we blocked your account or forced you to pay anything?

Sure, I offered him to apologize in public for the false claims, remove reviews in 50+ sites and we can fix the issue very fast but not posting in forums fake claims and threatening us.

• @pctech said:
    I am currently online. Give me a moment to compile my response. What is the best method to include images in my posts/comments?

Sure waiting for you so I can go on.

• Instead of quoting quoted content, I will address your responses in a numbered order from top to bottom:

Yes after you tested it you wanted to upgrade:

The signing up part was the easiest part of the journey. If I never upgraded, I would have never experienced the problems. Yes, I tested it and yes I wanted to upgrade. I never disputed that.

Everything ran smoothly for the majority of the first month after LiteSpeed was configured.

Yes there was a issue with Litespeed back in 2019 so we switched to Apache until we fixed the issue, your websites was up and running, where is the problem? Btw. if it was so bad, why on the next day (see the upgrade ticket up) you upgraded your plan?

1. I recall the main issue I had with this. You advertised PHP7 and I believe it was locked on PHP5.6 until LiteSpeed was upgraded. This somewhat delayed my migration of a few sites but at the time I accepted your explanation as it seemed logical. It was a minor inconvenience but worth referencing.

Please also note that I do not have access to the full tickets as you have blocked me from accessing the client area and my original screenshots are on an external somewhere. Feel free to fill in the blanks.

We never advertised that we use Litespeed you may check even now the website.

Its not same installing and configuring Litespeed in a server with 4 accounts and in a production server with hunderts of firewalls etc.

I am fairly certain that I have a pre-sales chat transcript referencing that LiteSpeed has been installed on the servers. I will keep you updated on that.

Not able to find any record on it, will take a look again as there are over 1000 replies on your tickets.

As mentioned in the original post, the PTR record thing was also not a main issue (worth mentioning before the real problems started). The ticket ID is 847528 for reference.

Yes every serious provider will block ips who are trying to bruteforce. Btw, you got always unblocked and even many ips got whitelisted.

Having issues with your internet Provider and blaming us is not a good.

1. You are partially correct. Professional providers will block IP's that try to brute force. Your configuration was just way too strict and resulted in a myriad of false positives.

2. Please note that before requesting that you unblock IP's, I first needed to spend time investigating the issue that the client was experiencing and not everyone is tech savvy. I often had to spend 30+ minutes talking over a phone with clients or remotely access their computers (faster). I was also often swore at and lost a few of those clients in the process.

3. You cannot expect that your clients and by relation their clients have a consistent and stable internet connection. I never encountered IP's being blocked on any prior host and since I have had my servers configured (hardened and monitored and proactively updated by professionals) I have only had 2 IP blocks for actual clients and they were using incorrect credentials.

4. For future reference, you could allow for users to unblock IP's manually via your client area (not just for temp blocks) and not need to wait hours where their clients are freaking out.

Yes it happends mostly on Sunday when backups and scanners are running. You opened the ticket on Sunday as you can see.

Again not true. You never talked about websites are not loading:

1. Again, I do not have access to the initial ticket at the moment (feel free to supply it) but I did definitely reference performance issues along with speed test results on the new server in my refund request (screenshot linked below).

https://imgur.com/hq4c5Vl

Never say never when you don't know what information your opponent has.

Correct, we refunded you as you dident canceled the subscription for the monthly plan.

I mentioned that you refunded me. I requested that the monthly account be upgraded in chat. Not that another account be started. I also referenced this since you seem to have a pattern of sending invoices for services never requested. I can find a few links to recent reviews I've read if you would like me to?

Correct, we covered the additional fees for you from June 15 2019 to 2nd January 2021 (over 17 months). Did you thank us with this thread?

Why do you deserve a thank you? I paid 3 years in advance for the service. If my clients pay for a service in advance and I get a sudden increase in pricing related to the services they already paid for, a). I eat the cost until their next renewal and b). I give them a 30 day notice.

I just had to do that with the latest WHM/cPanel price increases.

To my knowledge, in most countries this would fall under consumer protection and if it doesn't it is a common practice (at least if you care about your clients).

If you want a thank you, you should demand one from your monthly users.

I also opened a ticket that day before reading the issue in regard to several sites going down due to database connection issues.

Once again that was referenced in my original post.

The issue with mysql fixed the same day but some of your websites stopped working, we fixed it for you very fast.

Sorry the Entire Screenshot not working something properly.

You received a reply 10 days letter? Not with us. Check the reply date.

1. The first sentence is false.

2. The 3rd sentence is false. "Not with us. Check the reply date".

Sure, you first. https://imgur.com/6KwTkOV

The downtime I experienced with several of my sites was around 10 days. That drops your guaranteed 99.9% uptime (annually, not monthly) to 97% or 43minutes per day for 365 days.

Do you have any idea of the amount of crap I had to take from my clients during this time and I was still patient and hospitable in my ticket responses.

It seems you also conveniently forgot to address the claim that you're hosting in excess of 800 sites on small OVH servers. Screenshot referenced will only show the domains not connected via a CDN. Please also note that at least 50 of those domain names contain the word "host". https://imgur.com/DlfM1nk

If you can definitively prove that any claim I have made is false (such as I have now), I will publicly withdraw that statement and apologise.

Thanked by 1lowendboi
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2021

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@Ympker said:

I think you are still our client if am not mistaken. Did we blocked your account or forced you to pay anything?

Sure, I offered him to apologize in public for the false claims, remove reviews in 50+ sites and we can fix the issue very fast but not posting in forums fake claims and threatening us.

Hey there. Just checked. Still have account with you indeed but no active service :) Didn't delete it because I might sign up again one day. You didn't force me into anything. On the contrary, like I mentioned, my experience with you was positive as far as I am concerned. I agree with the threatening being a bit harsh, but I can't see you benefeting from dragging this on any longer. Regardless of OP, I too have clients I don't want to deal with any more and the best way is to drop them clean and move on from my experience. Just think it will be in both parties best interest to resolve this issue quickly and move on :)

Thanked by 2Falzo lowendboi
  • Am going to stop here as won't benefit anything if we continue and everyone should judge themselves if we scammed him or not.

Remove 50+ negative and false reviews and threads you created, apologize in public for speaking with "I believe" and not with proves and we will resolve the issue immediately including a refund directly to PayPal of the whole amount.

Just posting another ticket where he starts with threats:

• Does the refund rejection and data denial is pure principal? If yes, than you just damaged your reputation, no matter if client was/is wrong. Business always must keep cold, no emotions.

Thanked by 1angelius
  • @LTniger said:
    Does the refund rejection and data denial is pure principal? If yes, than you just damaged your reputation, no matter if client was/is wrong. Business always must keep cold, no emotions.

Just for the sake of the community.

• @LTniger And the fact that they posted @pctech's private data (which they keep for security reasons only and NOT to be shared publicly) twice on a public forum. For this alone they're in trouble regardless of who is in the right and who is not.

Thanked by 2lowendboi angelius
  • @miroc said:
    @LTniger And the fact that they posted @pctech's private data (which they keep for security reasons only and NOT to be shared publicly) twice on a public forum. For this alone they're in trouble regardless of who is in the right and who is not.

No personal data posted, forgot once or twice the IP but no name, no address not sensible data have been posted.

• @miroc said:
    @LTniger And the fact that they posted @pctech's private data (which they keep for security reasons only and NOT to be shared publicly) twice on a public forum. For this alone they're in trouble regardless of who is in the right and who is not.

Lmao. IPs are not private data.

• @ZotiMediaGroup said:
    Am going to stop here as won't benefit anything if we continue and everyone should judge themselves if we scammed him or not.

Remove 50+ negative and false reviews and threads you created, apologize in public for speaking with "I believe" and not with proves and we will resolve the issue immediately including a refund directly to PayPal of the whole amount.

Just posting another ticket where he starts with threats:

I used the word "believe" and "believing" in the following context on 3 occasions:

1. They proceeded to close down my entire account. I believe that my offer was more than fair given the issues (from their side, and from my clients as a result of their poor service) and reputational damage I have experienced.

2. I partially agree with your second sentence. Imagine going through a customer service/support nightmare (which you had minimal control over) and believing it's over for a few months and then just as 2021 is starting to look better than 2020 was, it comes back to bite you.

Both number 1 and 2 are clearly opinion and should not be misconstrued as fact.

1. I recall the main issue I had with this. You advertised PHP7 and I believe it was locked on PHP5.6 until LiteSpeed was upgraded. This somewhat delayed my migration of a few sites but at the time I accepted your explanation as it seemed logical. It was a minor inconvenience but worth referencing.

Number 3 is the only reference where I may have used it ambiguously. I still stand by it but I will rephrase:

"I believe it was locked on PHP5.6 but I can 100% state that it was not PHP7 as advertised"

Furthermore, I will agree to remove all false reviews and threads I created (of which there are none). and I will apologize in public for speaking with ""I believe" and not with proves".

So that it. Doubt I'll get the refund but access to the client accounts will be most welcome so that I can complete the transfers.

• @ZotiMediaGroup said:

@miroc said:

No personal data posted, forgot once or twice the IP but no name, no address not sensible data have been posted.

He did not obfuscate the link leading directly to one of my forum profiles containing my one google username, Facebook username and geographical location.

It's the small details that count.

He asked me where it was and I told him. Still have archives, screenshots and video of the thread before that + plus the proof that he asked me where it was with the intention of removal.

• Strange. I can vaguely remember a court case that IPs can't be tied to anyone hence it won't fall under private or/and sensitive data.

Thanks for correcting me tho.

Thanked by 1miroc
  • dynamic IP address without name or address do not violate the GDPR policy.

• And how do you know OP has dynamic IP address?

• Good thing I have a static IP then. B)

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • @miroc said:
    And how do you know OP has dynamic IP address?

Probably he was my client.

• @pctech said:
    Good thing I have a static IP then. B)

I jest. He left a link to my social profiles in the screenshot. That is more than enough information to identify me.

• Moreover, IP addresses can contribute to making profiles of someone, therefore it is still personal data.

"This may leave traces which, in particular when combined with unique identifiers and other information received by the servers, may be used to create profiles of the natural persons and identify them."

https://gdpr.eu/recital-30-online-identifiers-for-profiling-and-identification/

• JioJio Member

IP + time is absolutely identifying information

Thanked by 3pctech miroc Erisa
  • @Jio said:

IP + time + a link to a local forum that has my social profiles linked (and visible when logged out).

Thanked by 1valk
  • @pctech said:

@Jio said:

IP + time + a link to a local forum that has my social profiles linked (and visible when logged out).

After a phone call with a lawyer, I got it confirmed that posting only a dynamic IP and time is not considered a violation. You are welcome to sue us if you think this is the case.
    The link I have posted in the first post was not working.

• @ZotiMediaGroup said:

dynamic IP address without name or address do not violate the GDPR policy.

How the fuck do you know if an IP is static or DHCP? Why would you even think that matters, rather than whether it's a shared IP? Jesus Christ.

• pctechpctech Member
    edited January 2021

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@pctech said:

@Jio said:

After a phone call with a lawyer, I got it confirmed that posting only a dynamic IP and time is not considered a violation. You are welcome to sue us if you think this is the case.
    The link I have posted in the first post was not working.

Court of public opinion is more valuable to me at this point. Looks like we're staying at the top of the first page for a while.

And the link definitely works. Does anyone else want to try it out? Will send a screenshot.

• He confirmed that he added the full stop (link was at end of sentence) in the URL bar. PMSL.

• @pctech said: Furthermore, I will agree to remove all false reviews and threads I created (of which there are none). and I will apologize in public for speaking with ""I believe" and not with proves".

Thank you for accepting a solution, once you are done ping me at bs (at) misterhost.net so I can check and resolve the conflict.