Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honest Review of Zoti Media Group ( MisterHost.net / TightHost.com / Host4Half.com ). - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Honest Review of Zoti Media Group ( MisterHost.net / TightHost.com / Host4Half.com ).

Comments

• 🤡🤡🤡🤡

• @ZotiMediaGroup said:

@pctech said: Furthermore, I will agree to remove all false reviews and threads I created (of which there are none). and I will apologize in public for speaking with ""I believe" and not with proves".

Thank you for accepting a solution, once you are done ping me at bs (at) misterhost.net so I can check and resolve the conflict.

I am already done. Did you not see my last post?

Thanked by 1lowendboi
  • JioJio Member

I really want to know in what way IP+time is not identifying.

At least here, CG-NAT providers log SNI and flows so IP+time+destination site+port (like lowendtalk, 443), means that you can identify the subscriber behind a shared IP for that flow.

All providers also log dynamic DHCP IP + time released and issued, so that also identifies a specific subscriber

• @pctech said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@pctech said: Furthermore, I will agree to remove all false reviews and threads I created (of which there are none). and I will apologize in public for speaking with ""I believe" and not with proves".

Thank you for accepting a solution, once you are done ping me at bs (at) misterhost.net so I can check and resolve the conflict.

Nothing is removed so do not joke! Am offering a solution after all of the public defamation you did.

• @pctech

You had my sympathy and were in the right up until you pulled the extortion move.

You're free to quote terms of service, laws and previous events, but the way you threaten him makes you 100% a fucking asshole and I'd imagine a judge in court telling you as much. Not just that what you did was assholish, but you as a person are now forever an asshole and you've done permanent damage to your reputation.

Have you never watched a tv show where some bitch socialite says something like, "don't you know who I am? I have Twitter followers, I will ruin you"? They're the instant villain! You pulled the same cunt move.

Thanked by 3skorous Erisa cociu
  • @ZotiMediaGroup said: Nothing is removed so do not joke! Am offering a solution after all of the public defamation you did.

You should offer a compensation for the damages you've caused and breaching data protection laws.

• @ZotiMediaGroup said:

@pctech said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

Nothing is removed so do not joke! Am offering a solution after all of the public defamation you did.

It is only considered defamation if it is false. You asked me to remove all of the negative and false reviews in exchange you would refund me some full amount (not sure which) and release the content from my clients that you are holding hostage.

I removed 100% of the fake reviews and threads. Was quite quick. I didn't even need to lift a finger but I will not remove true negative reviews in exchange for payment.

That offer made you look even more dodgy.

• @TimboJones said:
    @pctech

You had my sympathy and were in the right up until you pulled the extortion move.

You're free to quote terms of service, laws and previous events, but the way you threaten him makes you 100% a fucking asshole and I'd imagine a judge in court telling you as much. Not just that what you did was assholish, but you as a person are now forever an asshole and you've done permanent damage to your reputation.

Have you never watched a tv show where some bitch socialite says something like, "don't you know who I am? I have Twitter followers, I will ruin you"? They're the instant villain! You pulled the same cunt move.

What the hell are you on about mate. Please quote the post.

• @serv_ee said:

Strange. I can vaguely remember a court case that IPs can't be tied to anyone hence it won't fall under private or/and sensitive data.

Thanks for correcting me tho.

I think the issue comes down to whether others have access to your internet connection. Hard to say X person pirated a movie when 5 people use it. Guilty beyond reasonable doubt, and such.

I'm sure the bar is lower for using IP as supporting evidence or just to get warrants.

• @TimboJones said:

@serv_ee said:

Strange. I can vaguely remember a court case that IPs can't be tied to anyone hence it won't fall under private or/and sensitive data.

I think the issue comes down to whether others have access to your internet connection. Hard to say X person pirated a movie when 5 people use it. Guilty beyond reasonable doubt, and such.

I'm sure the bar is lower for using IP as supporting evidence or just to get warrants.

Is that your response to my previous question? I'm honestly lost. Care to elaborate? What "extortion move" did I pull?

• @pctech said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@pctech said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

It is only considered defamation if it is false. You asked me to remove all of the negative and false reviews in exchange you would refund me some full amount (not sure which) and release the content from my clients that you are holding hostage.

I removed 100% of the fake reviews and threads. Was quite quick. I didn't even need to lift a finger but I will not remove true negative reviews in exchange for payment.

I really want to fix the conflict so you may contact me at anytime when you cool down.

I do really care for every client to find a solution but if you are not willing to cooperate it's up to your ego.

Have a good night/day to all.

• @ZotiMediaGroup said:

@pctech said:

@Jio said:
    IP + time is absolutely identifying information

IP + time + a link to a local forum that has my social profiles linked (and visible when logged out).

After a phone call with a lawyer, I got it confirmed that posting only a dynamic IP and time is not considered a violation. You are welcome to sue us if you think this is the case.
    The link I have posted in the first post was not working.

Put an IP and time in a notepad file, and no problem. Name that text file "pctech" and your lawyer is an idiot.

• mirocmiroc Member
    edited January 2021

@pctech I guess he's referring you saying that court of public opinion matters more to you at this point.

Dick move or not, it's deserved nontheless.

@ZotiMediaGroup could have defended their public reputation with 3 very simple steps:

• Refund all credits.
    • Let pctech recover all his files.
    • After this close contract and never do any business with eachother again.

This way you two would have been done with eachother before the shit hit the fan. :)

Thanked by 1angelius
  • @ZotiMediaGroup said:

@pctech said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@pctech said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

I really want to fix the conflict so you may contact me at anytime when you cool down.

I do really care for every client to find a solution but if you are not willing to cooperate it's up to your ego.

Have a good night/day to all.

I am not willing to bend the truth in exchange for a refund and access to the 4 client accounts. Whilst I realize that my morals are likely causing just as much damage to those clients. I will not throw my reputation away.

If anything is "extortion", it's your offer. Here's my counter.

If you don't appreciate the reviews I left (backed up with screenshots) today, wait till tomorrow. I will deal with the fallout from my clients but your practices will be exposed.

I made this clear on the previous page.

Thanked by 1angelius
  • @pctech said:

@TimboJones said:
    @pctech

What the hell are you on about mate. Please quote the post.

Post number 4, the first reply by @ZotiMediaGroup.

• @pctech said:

@TimboJones said:

@serv_ee said:

Is that your response to my previous question? I'm honestly lost. Care to elaborate? What "extortion move" did I pull?

You'll be honestly lost if you can't follow the post you quoted and wasn't replying to you.

• @pctech said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@pctech said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

It is only considered defamation if it is false.

That isn't true and varies by jurisdiction. The laws are different in Canada, US and UK for sure.

• @TimboJones said:

@pctech said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@pctech said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

It is only considered defamation if it is false.

That isn't true and varies by jurisdiction. The laws are different in Canada, US and UK for sure.

That is possible. But if you can definitively prove that it is true, it cannot be considered defamation in any literal sense of the word.

• Also note that I have been up for 50+ hours.

• @miroc said:
    @pctech I guess he's referring you saying that court of public opinion matters more to you at this point.

Dick move or not, it's deserved nontheless.

@ZotiMediaGroup could have defended their public reputation with 3 very simple steps:

• Refund all credits.
    • Let pctech recover all his files.
    • After this close contract and never do any business with eachother again.

This way you two would have been done with eachother before the shit hit the fan. :)

I made several efforts outside of this thread to attempt an amicable resolution. I even assisted him in removing all of my personal information that he published.

I am willing to move on if I can transfer my client files but I will not take back anything I have said thus far.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@pctech said: Also note that I have been up for 50+ hours.

Go take a break my man. You must be exhausted.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @lentro said:

@pctech said: Also note that I have been up for 50+ hours.

Go take a break my man. You must be exhausted.

Wish I could. Spent the day trying to put out flames with 2 clients, dealing with this thread, working on a proposal and still have a Zoom call in an hour.

Feel like I could sleep for days but I'll need to be up early to see if this one came to his senses by either agreeing for me to access the accounts for migration or supplying me with the backups.

If not, it will be a rinse and repeat of today. Likely on another platform as people will soon be getting sick of this (except the one dude that seemed really into it).

Thanks for the advice though.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2021

It's been a long day guys. Hope both parties get a chance to get a break (even though @pctech seems to have another meeting scheduled I hope he can also get some sleep).

Let me just leave this quote by Dale Carnegie, author of one of my favourite books, with you:

You can’t win an argument. You can’t because if you lose it, you lose it; and if you win it, you lose it.

Dale Carnegie

From the current argument, I see none of you guys winning, really. I hope, by tomorrow, you will be able to come to a mutual understanding. Good night :)

Thanked by 1pctech
  • lmaooooOoooooOooo0000oo

• @Ympker said:
    It's been a long day guys. Hope both parties get a chance to get a break (even though @pctech seems to have another meeting scheduled I hope he can also get some sleep).

Let me just leave this quote by Dale Carnegie, author of one of my favourite books, with you:

You can’t win an argument. You can’t because if you lose it, you lose it; and if you win it, you lose it.

Dale Carnegie

From the current argument, I see none of you guys winning, really. I hope, by tomorrow, you will be able to come to a mutual understanding. Good night :)

I am honestly not trying to argue. I left my review, I stand by it. I am willing to provide additional documentation I have in my possession in order to backup what I have said; even though I believe I have already uploaded several screenshots disproving claims that my review is fake.

At the end of the day, I would have preferred just to migrate my 4 clients and they can take the $150 credit to do with what they want after the migration. I even referenced that in my original ticket. I was a bit ticked off at the time.

Even now, I am willing to cease posting reviews and on posting on this thread in exchange for access to their files as they are the ones suffering due to his dislike of me and in part my refusal to disavow my former statements.

An ideal solution would be to leave things where they are now, being able to migrate my clients, he can keep the $150 and we go our own ways.

Anyhow, this is enough for tonight. For whomever reads the thread to this point, I don't envy you. Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@miroc Can you please stop trying to instigate shit? You are just adding gas to the fire! Between the Virmach thread and this crap, it is getting old already! Yet you keep calling providers clowns when you are acting like one yourself!

• @pctech how old are you? you’re acting like a petty 13 y/o kid in this thread. You care so much about your location but you leaked it yourself in one of your false reviews! I hope staff will take action here, no clue why this thread is still up at this point. If you’re gonna sue over $150, go do it and stop complaining here. I feel sympathy for @ZotiMediaGroup and his staff.

• Maybe after your frustation you can try buyshared or racknerd. They was really crazy with their Price and Quality. I can say they are best at all above the price, quality and services.

Thanked by 1pctech
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited January 2021

@ZotiMediaGroup

I see @Ympker 's positive report and I trust it - yet I also see that it carries little weight in this case because the whole context was quite different. "client B with product Y during time period Tb was happy" being correct does NOT mean that "client A with products X1..n during time period Ta was unhappy or even mistreated or betrayed" is wrong. It merely means that there are different client experiences with different products and at different time periods.

What you call defamation and (ill intended) negative reviews may well be - and highly likely are - simply final attempts of a (former) client to somehow at least limit his damage caused by you. After all you held quite some of his data hostage and you even tried to barter with that fact here!

I am quite certain that your suddenly being ready now to halfway amicably settle is not based on you being a friendly guy but on you beginning to understand that you won't come away scotch free and your (understandable) desire to somehow stop @pctech from creating even more damage by going on with his fight against you - and that is smart, very late, probably too late but smart anyway.

From what I see your only way to get out of this reasonably unharmed is to completely give in (if you are lucky and pctech is generous, just behind the curtains and not publicly) fully reimburse whatever pctech (reasonably) demands, providing him with full access to both his panel and his temporarily unblocked servers to get at/back up the data and finally end this thread with a decent statement about oh how so hard you try to please clients even in difficult circumstances.

Why? Because LET is LET and many (probably most) here read only the first couple of posts and in a case like this the last couple of posts, so be sure to create a good impression now.

(Peace is better than war - but that doesn't mean that I trust you even a single millimeter after all I saw here)

Thanked by 2lowendboi pctech
  • @nathassa said:
    Maybe after your frustation you can try buyshared or racknerd. They was really crazy with their Price and Quality. I can say they are best at all above the price, quality and services.

I have been with Hetzner DE for just over a year. I am extremely happy with their services though their English support leaves something to desire.

Noting that, I have only needed to contact their support in regard to one account query in since leasing a server from them.

I have however looked at both of the providers you have referenced and I think Hetzner may be cheaper than RackNerd. The BuyShared pricing is decent but they don't seem to have any EU servers.

Thanks for the recommendations though. Always good to know what is out there.