Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Hostdoc back as "port443.uk" Possible scam alert! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Hostdoc back as "port443.uk" Possible scam alert!

Comments

• Take him downtown, boys

• @raindog308 said:

@FAT32 said:
    2. @raindog308 Can you confirm that you informed them about this thread?

Yes. He opened at ticket on LEB to post an offer there, and I initially wrote it up. But then when this thread appeared, I informed him I was pulling the offer and included a link to it.

:D :D Not selling to lowend community he said :D

• @P443John said: He is positive there is nobody who did not get a refund.

I had 3x services with Hostdoc. I didn't bother filing a claim because it was well known they were being ignored...so I probably displayed the behavior that Hostdoc was hoping for.

A lot of us were left hung out to dry...You come in here and act like you are being picked on because you are or are working with a previous provider who scammed a lot of users. I'd say good luck, but your behavior and responses won't get you any customers from here.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

This isn’t looking good for yourself and also Port443 so it’ll probably go nowhere from here.

Just admit your mistakes, say sorry, settle what you owe to whoever and start over. We can even help suggest a new name for your clean comeback.

I say that’s a pretty good deal.

• My bullshit detector fell over when "you" learned about the shitty HostDoc exit and your first response wasn't "Am I also being scammed? Is he telling me everything?"

My bullshit detector disintegrated when he explained to you how it wasn't profitable, burned him out and bailed one day leaving tons of irate customers, and your reaction is "fuck bro, this is the industry for me".

• @thedp said: Just admit your mistakes, say sorry, settle what you owe to whoever and start over. We can even help suggest a new name for your clean comeback.

why should that be allowed? that'll just encourage churn and burn scammers as they know a %age wont bother claiming their refund after x months/years, plus the idea that you only get a refund if they are allowed to continue to operate is a slap in the face.

@Adam1 said:

@thedp said: Just admit your mistakes, say sorry, settle what you owe to whoever and start over. We can even help suggest a new name for your clean comeback.

why should that be allowed? that'll just encourage churn and burn scammers as they know a %age wont bother claiming their refund after x months/years, plus the idea that you only get a refund if they are allowed to continue to operate is a slap in the face.

Well he should've just stayed away.

Don't know why he decided to come back to think he could pull this off.

• The Bro is nigh.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

@P443John said:

Another provider. Bro tell me this, did you provide your details for the forum? I ain’t here trying to sell. I signed up because my organisation was mentioned in a bad way. It is my job to then provide a explanation.

Of course, as a provider, I would always verify myself with an ID card should someone deem it necessary.
    In your case, I don't understand why you didn't come up with this idea on your own, if you have nothing to hide.

• @GameTownProjects The difference is he does in fact have something to hide. :D

• @miroc said:
    @GameTownProjects The difference is he does in fact have something to hide. :D

A closet full of skeletons and a big white bag with a $ symbol drawn on the side....

• @P443John said: From what I understand all refunds were processed followed by hoards of chargebacks. He is positive there is nobody who did not get a refund. He says he will look at any payments missed if any one has a claim.

Chike, you very well know that this is not true. Just coming in here under another persona and as a "new provider" and telling all your once loyal customers that all these people that did not get a refund are lying is just shameless.

I never got a refund even though I immediately asked for one. After my service stopped working and after you issued charge backs to your dedi providers I entered a dispute with PayPal. After no reaction I was just in time to elevate it to a claim.

And I was lucky, because there were a lot of people outside this window who didn't get any money either.

You apparently don't have any morals at all.

And you've already proven this too. Just starting a brand new hosting company and using all the email addresses in your old customer database is just incredibly stupid. Coming here and defending yourself by acting as you're someone else is unforgivable.

Just quit it. Start another side gig. And for once don't scam people.

• @debaser said: Just quit it. Start another side gig.

Like this side business? https://azlogistics.com/listings/naijashipping-ltd/

And for once don't scam people.

Ooops, it's deadpooled too. http://www.naijashipping.com/

Wonder how much that scam was worth?

• @its420somewhere said: Like this side business?

Why does the mention of Nigeria not surprise me? :|

• @FootKaput said:

@P443John said: He is positive there is nobody who did not get a refund.

I had 3x services with Hostdoc. I didn't bother filing a claim because it was well known they were being ignored...so I probably displayed the behavior that Hostdoc was hoping for.

A lot of us were left hung out to dry...You come in here and act like you are being picked on because you are or are working with a previous provider who scammed a lot of users. I'd say good luck, but your behavior and responses won't get you any customers from here.

Wow, and here I was thinking "left hung out to dry" was only used in the TV Series "Suits" (it is very overused there). Never saw someone actually use it.

Nvm. Carry on with the discussion, everyone :)

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited January 2021

If he didn't reuse mailing lists, his offer would probably have been posted on LEB. And he probably would have been selling on LET too. So nothing really happened. Hostdoc will likely be back as a new persona without mailing lists.

Thanked by 1benj0x

• so what happen to this guy? ran away to think of a new name for himself and his co? anyone bought any servers from his port443 co?

• @snt said: so what happen to this guy? ran away to think of a new name for himself and his co?

He's gone, at least for now. I think that he underestimated the difficulty of returning here.

• @angstrom said:

@snt said: so what happen to this guy? ran away to think of a new name for himself and his co?

He's gone, at least for now. I think that he underestimated the difficulty of returning here.

Brooo.... :'(

Thanked by 1muffin
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@P443John said:
    Bro. What word choices. I am trying to stay bro-fessional.

Corrected your spelling mistake. I'm just here to help, you know.

You can leave the door open when exiting as we currently have a smell problem, "Chike".

• I just got another spam from port443. You'd think that with all the inputs from this discussion he would have cleaned his list...nope.

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited January 2021

It's ok bro, I'm sure @P443John -bro has an explanation for this.

Bro.

• FootKaputFootKaput Member
    edited January 2021

I would assume this applies:

https://gdpr.eu/article-6-how-to-process-personal-data-legally/

Art. 6 GDPR
    Lawfulness of processing

Processing shall be lawful only if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
                - the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;

I gave consent to Hostdoc, but never to @P443John or port443

• Never sub to port443 but I got mail from them today

@malikshi said:
    Never sub to port443 but I got mail from them today

Were you a customer of HostDoc?

• @thedp said:

@malikshi said:
    Never sub to port443 but I got mail from them today

Were you a customer of HostDoc?

Yep I bought one their vps services before

• For the record, I did not receive any mail from this outfit.

Maybe because when I registered with the doc before, I unchecked box to receive newsletters...

• No email yet. Maybe I was removed after complaining here, lmao.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited January 2021

@FootKaput said:
    I just got another spam from port443. You'd think that with all the inputs from this discussion he would have cleaned his list...nope.

And did you unsubscribe from the first one?