Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Hostdoc back as "port443.uk" Possible scam alert! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Hostdoc back as "port443.uk" Possible scam alert!

Comments

• @notarobo said: notarobo

All that bro talk and read your name as "Not a Bro" :)

• Am I the only one who thinks that the brand name port443 is genius? Try googling port443 and all you'll see is mentions of HTTPS

• webclouddevwebclouddev Member
    edited January 2021

@its420somewhere said:
    Tldr it's hostdoc but with an alternate persona as the front man. Until proven otherwise.

Edit: bro

John Osengi with junior (hostdoc)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@FrankZ said:
    port443.png

• @its420somewhere said:

@P443John said: His story is many took advantage of the situation and issued chargebacks.

Not quite accurate. What actually happened is he took advantage of the situation and filed chargebacks against some of his upstream providers and issued refunds to a very small number of strategically selected customers who were also members of this forum, as an attempt to appear as though he's giving refunds but that was very quickly revealed shortly afterwards to have been a scammy move.

Thanks bro. The first real answer I have.
    You know the names of the upstream. Link. Tag them. Are the other 2 providers in this thread any of them. He let me know that is inaccurate so I am interested with this new development. Says the only chargeback he has ever made was filed for a service the upstream knew was cancelled. The upstream, decided to bill for another month. I know him bro. Chargebacks don’t seem like his style.
    The day is still young so the ones not included in refund payouts can come forward.
    From what I understand all refunds were processed followed by hoards of chargebacks. He is positive there is nobody who did not get a refund. He says he will look at any payments missed if any one has a claim.

• @P443John said:
    He is positive there is nobody who did not get a refund. He says he will look at any payments missed if any one has a claim.

Why do you keep referring to yourself in the third person. It’s very strange. You know that is a blatant lie. There are lots of people who weren’t refunded.

Thanked by 1WSWD
  • edited January 2021

@P443John said:

@its420somewhere said:

@P443John said: His story is many took advantage of the situation and issued chargebacks.

Not quite accurate. What actually happened is he took advantage of the situation and filed chargebacks against some of his upstream providers and issued refunds to a very small number of strategically selected customers who were also members of this forum, as an attempt to appear as though he's giving refunds but that was very quickly revealed shortly afterwards to have been a scammy move.

You know the names of the upstream. Link. Tag them. Are the other 2 providers in this thread any of them. He let me know that is inaccurate so I am interested with this new development. Says the only chargeback he has ever made was filed for a service the upstream knew was cancelled. The upstream, decided to bill for another month. I know him bro. Chargebacks don’t seem like his style.
    The day is still young so the ones not included in refund payouts can come forward.
    From what I understand all refunds were processed followed by hoards of chargebacks. He is positive there is nobody who did not get a refund. He says he will look at any payments missed if any one has a claim.

You don't know "him". You don't even know when "he" added thousands email address from "his" previous scam company. You are non-existent being because you are "him".

• @P443John said: You know the names of the upstream. Link. Tag them.

Lets not waste anyone's time. I remember heymannservers and reliablesite were some of the victims. I hope you're having fun with your roleplaying. If you were really serious about your business, you wouldn't be making mailing lists without double opt-in.

• edited January 2021

This is hilarious 🤣

Can we all pretend that its not hostdoc, so he can entertain us a bit more please? He sure as funk owes most of the members here at least that.

Bro. Browski. Brewski. Take them pills on time, your crazy self is ripping through that fake persona entirely too easily.

P.S. - one thing I don't get - everyone mad as hell at the doc, but yall cool as a summer breeze with AlphaRacks being back and spamming the forum with "bumps" on their "deals". Go figure 🤷🏻‍♂️

• @P443John said:
    Hi. Happy new year. I am John. The founder of a new hosting organisation known as Port443 Cloud Hosting. A member of this forum known as raindog has informed me about this thread. There is confusion about Port443 which has led to speculation I hope I can clear up.
    I was informed of the existence of Hostdoc from my live chat. Somebody that named them self FAT for the conversation.
    He insisted I was somebody I had not heard of and part of a group I had not heard of.
    It seems the confusion is because of the name he was referring to.

Some Background

I work as part of a small team of devOps.
    One of these members is someone we refer to as Junior. A fabulous team member who late 2019 began offering team members managed cloud services.
    The majority of us utilize AWS services for our personal test environment making his offer not bad because it is highly available and replicated onto 2 extra servers.
    He built the infrastructure through OVH and introduced many of our team members to OVH services.
    Around July, my girl and I broke up and I found this tough coupled with Corona and all the shit that came with it.

Our team still has daily meetings on zoom and Junior continues managing many of our test environments. This intrigued me so I asked him about the in and outs of what he did because I had found myself with a lot of free time, some what depressed with not much to do.
    He offered to help me start how he had started with a little hosting organisation to polish out a few skills.
    He helped with the purchase of my servers and domain and offered some tips and advise on how to run and operate.

Going back to my conversation with FAT. I had never paid attention to the company name Junior referred to during conversations so it don’t ring bells when it was mentioned.
    I was very confused. This conversation had names I don't recognise. They implied I was this person or represented a different organisation.
    The next day, I called Junior and let him know about this bizarre conversation. I say bro, I am getting strange live chat requests from people calling them self FAT.
    He recognised the name and gave me a little background into his hosting company and the reasons he shut down which I won’t go into detail about.

I have seen the word “scam” thrown around. From his explanation, I don't see how a scam has taken place. If one has, I don’t see how I am involved in it because I have services I use from him.
    If you feel you have issues with Junior, I have contact with him and can pass a message onto him (can’t guarantee a response but I will try), but he has let me know that many other users also have direct contact details for him and can/could contact him if they want.

Where I am now and some answers

This is my organisation so I will now talk about me and my hosting organisation.
    I am John Osengi. A 26 year old devOp from London.
    I have set up a hosting company with some help and have followed advise offered.
    This is a hobby for now because I have extra time and to keep my mind from going crazy.
    Before launch, Junior offered if I grew the organisation but lost motivation to run it, he may be interested in taking it off my hands. It could be a bigger monster than I think he advised. I had no idea what he was on about but now I think I see.
    He set up my organisation with OVH, helped me grow my mailing list and set up promotional campaigns.
    Junior attached my organisation to the IP blocks allocated to my servers but something went wrong and some still point back to him.

I cannot directly offer a solution to anyone for grievances you have, but, I can be a sympathetic ear and pass requests to him to see if he can provide a solution.

As part of advise offered from Junior, forums are a great place to grow my organisation but they are also a breeding ground for toxic behaviour and foul competition.
    I don’t want to step on toes or have reasons to call out people I don’t know or have any interest in.
    I ain't a active member here. I don't intend to be. I will answer questions if anybody has some and happy to offer trial runs of my service if requested.
    The service itself is not that exciting and quite basic. I offer dedicated resource plans which I understand this community does not consume for more than certain price. I can’t offer some of the deals many here can. I can’t compete with them on this platform. Any offers I have will be offers from marketing mail, my organisations social media and other accepted forms of promotion I think is good to promote the organisation and service I offer.
    I sell dedicated resources and prompt customer service. I charge appropriately for what I sell. I deliver what I sell promptly and efficiently. It ain’t low end and I get that.

Port443 Cloud Hosting is in no way related to Hostdoc the same way a OVH reseller provider on this site ain’t in any way related to OVH other than being a customer that use the service.

If you have received unwanted emails from me, please unsubscribe, you will not receive further marketing emails from my organisation.

Whoa! Did you think your shit wont stink in 2021? :lol:

• notarobonotarobo Member
    edited January 2021

non waste time bro. if balls still have, put real business address. many peoples waiting shit express flash deal

bro.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • CheepCluckCheepCluck Member
    edited January 2021

@P443John said:

Bro, have you not looked anything up? I would say HostDoc had a pretty good reputation as of a year ago, and yet people seem so infatuated and enraged in what is going on, in this very present moment. Have you not questioned, or pondered "Why?" or "Perhaps I should search around for this HostDoc"? The problems really stem out of a situation that occurred late early 20 and spread out across not just this site - but other communities as well. A quick googlin about and theres plenty to read on. But the fact you have not seem to done any research on this, it really makes me wonder.

I think you understand you have no intention on selling anyone here anything - but there is a lot of former customers of his in this very forum. Your company, or whatever it is, emailed them and here we are. So maybe you can understand there is something that needs clarification, credibility. Maybe take a moment talk to a moderator or administrator here, clear some bad air.
    If you are who you say you are, then I think you got a nothing to lose here talking to one of them.
    Or don't, and keep this facade.

Thanked by 1P443John
  • @chocolateshirt said:
    You don't know "him". You don't even know when "he" added thousands email address from "his" previous scam company. You are non-existent being because you are "him".

• If any one inc providers want to talk Junior directly PM me. I will give you his email address.
    There ain't nothing I can do to help. You continue to aim forks in the wrong direction.

• Wtf. Did I sleep for a week?

• @P443John said:
    I will give you his email address.

Like cmon:

To: [email protected]
    Subject: Hello!

Bro, do you want to scam providers this time or only customers?

Thanks!

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited January 2021

@hotlineservers said:

@P443John said:

@hotlineservers said:

@P443John said:

. Someone say every scammer does this? I am still wondering what this scam is.

Search hostdoc. You may find your answer.

I have and spoken with him. The owner. I see complaints but nothing near the amount of customers he had. I see gone ones too. I am an outsider looking in trying to be neutral, it is hard to see what went wrong.
    He told me he processed refunds, informed users of the shut down and left.
    Some may have slipped through the cracks. His words. But he was always reachable.
    I don’t know if this is true or not. But let me know and I will pass the message. He's honest. If something was missed he will fix or refund.

His story is many took advantage of the situation and issued chargebacks. He did not fight and let them win. Even if he already refunded and provided the service. So from him, he says he is the one that was scammed but also admits some may have slipped through the cracks.

What is your story bro?
    I’m all ears. If I can help I will.

My story? Why do you need my story hostdoc? Oh im sorry I mean p443 john

Seems hostdoc left and left people hanging. So again if you search here or google you will find your answers. Seems like you have a short fuse. Kind of like someone else like a doc.

With all due respect you should really stay out of this. You aren't exactly "squeaky clean" yourself either. Only reason you didn't "deadpool" is cause Nexusbytes bought you over. All the deals you did on LES went south real quick cause they weren't profitable.

As for the topic on hand...this guy going around "bro" this and "bro" that...yeah not strange at all. Imagine all the virmach replies with "bro"...god damn, a full wall of text of bro.

Bro.

• This P443 guy or junior whoever is in so much shit right now that even I can smell through this monitor over the internet :D

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • why the alias "junior" and not his real name?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited January 2021

@Adam1 said:
    why the alias "junior" and not his real name?

https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/2713/#Comment_2713

EDIT: Soon the traces of John Osenji will slowly disappear - or is it John Osengi? I don't know.

It's acceptable to have others misspelling your name but for you to misspell your own name? Tsk.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited January 2021

@thedp said:

@Adam1 said:

I already know his full name, just wondering why it's not been published yet

edit: so his nick name is junior

• deankdeank Member, Troll

tl;tr

Lady Doc is back. Always happens. A scammer folds and runs, sets up another.

Now, I don't blame such scammers themselves because I believe it is a way of making a living.

But those who keep falling for it, I doubt their wisdom.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • @thedp said:

@Adam1 said:

EDIT: Soon the traces of John Osenji will slowly disappear - or is it John Osengi? I don't know.

It's acceptable to have others misspelling your name but for you to misspell your own name? Tsk.

I dont even know my name sometimes after all the shots

• isunbejoisunbejo Member
    edited January 2021

@thedp said: EDIT: Soon the traces of John Osenji will slowly disappear - or is it John Osengi? I don't know.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I've misspelled my names before.

Granted, they were aliases but I've misspelled them before.

edited January 2021

"If an annual service is purchased, you can cancel anytime but will only be refunded for 6 months."

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@FAT32 said:
    2. @raindog308 Can you confirm that you informed them about this thread?

Yes. He opened at ticket on LEB to post an offer there, and I initially wrote it up. But then when this thread appeared, I informed him I was pulling the offer and included a link to it.